Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,783 members, 7,965,934 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 04:57 AM

Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! (74764 Views)

Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by debosky(m): 2:10pm On Apr 14, 2009
Y'all should go into this game all guns blazing. An early goal is paramount - if you can get that, Chelski will be on edge throughout the game.

Reina, and whichever CBs you play will need to have a massive game, as well as Torres and Gerrard.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 9:55pm On Apr 14, 2009
Though they say,'almost doesn't kill a bird',
we played unbelieveably well and i have to give props to Rafa Benitez. After a night like this, his critics and haterz can go to hell!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by breez(m): 12:08am On Apr 15, 2009
The match was epic to say  the least. The meyerside reds displayed the quality that made one of theirs years back. It's something about "never walking alone". To me, team work couldn't sound better! Who would believe Gerrard was on the bench and Torres did not finish a game with such a rescilient scoreline!

A chance at the semi for Liverpool was completely ruled out before the game BUT, after 85mins of play, it was 50-50! 

It's painful not to be in the semi's, but surely, their performance was heroic.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Jairzinho(m): 5:50pm On Apr 17, 2009
I agree,conceding 4 in 2nd half scr*wed things up. When it was 4-3,I could see the winning 5th goal coming.but it was not 2 be cry cry cry cry
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Jairzinho(m): 12:40pm On Apr 19, 2009
Alex's so scaed now he can't have any press conference without talking about Liverpool or its Manager,na wa o !

can someone tell this man ,life's not for only him??
[center]
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE !!!!!!
[/center]
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by viee(f): 10:31am On Apr 21, 2009
bgees:

we played unbelieveably well and i have to give props to Rafa Benitez. After a night like this, his critics and haterz can go to hell!

sory bruv, i dont agree.
i think Rafa got it wrong.
wot was Lucas doing on the picth and Mach taken off?
it is an open invitation for Lamps to take shorts!!
i cldnt blv it!
hell, how was he supporting Torres, and Torress had 0 shorts on goal? (imagine having a Barry in place of Lucas for us!)
Yossi should have replaced Gerrad on that role while Riera and Kuyt play in the wings.
even if we were 2 goals down, Mash shld not be taken off becos we simply do not hv a good replacement for him. . .  .
this was a game we cld have easily won after Chelsea came in just to defend their 3-1 lead.

Rafa despite his good knowlegde of the game strikes me as someone who loves to prove a point.
he signs Lucas, we all complain that he is a waste of space and money but Rafa eulogises d guy.
he singled him out as the most outstanding player in that second leg. . . . wot a load of crap!
he is useless. . .i wish us GOOD luck in selling him wheneva that might be!
some pple say he will become a great player next season, i sure hope that happens in another club.
i have neva seen a player who tries so hard to do NUTIN
seems the only positive thing abot him is that is a Brazilian!
unfortunately, country dosnt play, individuals DO

Chelsea have picked form since Hiddink came, will be intresting to see how they play aganist Barca.  . .
for sure, i dnt see Barca running riots aganist them
Will be a 50-50 game but might just be boring, a Livpol/ Barca would have been GRAND grin
we live to fight another day thou. . .

i wish us plenty of luck aganist Assnal tonite.
in all sincerity, thou i wld have favored a double
but if i have to choose, i will go for League than Champions League
pity it is no longer in our hands.
lets play our part at least and then see how ManU fairs

B T W im kinda hapi about Daglish return to futbol and to Livpool.
thou 8 years is rather a long time, but i think a master is always a master
will be nice to see our youth team producing players that can grow to  the senior team.  . .  .

YNWA
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Jairzinho(m): 9:07pm On Apr 21, 2009
The Kop at Anfield dates back to 1905-06. At the end of that season which saw Liverpool lift the second of their league championships the directors at the club decided to reward the loyalty of the fans by building a new brick and cinder banking at the Walton Breck road end of the ground. It was christened as the Spion Kop by Ernest Jones in memory of the many scousers who died in battle over a hill in South Africa by the same name during the Boer War.

In 1928 The Kop was altered to terracing and a massive roof added to protect the thousands of fans who gathered to watch their beloved team play. Other teams named their stands as the Kop but the one at Anfield was the original and the best.

The terrace housed the greatest fans in the game and it was often thought that the fans were worth a goal start to the reds. They would try and suck the ball in if their team was losing and in one of the Kop's famous nights they put the fear of God into Inter Milan in a European semi-final.

The Kop was turned into a shrine in 1989 to the 96 fans who were innocently killed at Hillsborough. The fight for Justice still goes on today more than 10 years after the disaster. After the disaster new guidelines were issued about terracing at football games which brought to an end standing at top flight games. And so in 1994 the Kop changed from a terrace to an all-seater Kop Grandstand. The Kop's Last Stand came against Norwich City in May 1994 and Jeremy Goss went down in history as the last player to score in front of the famous terrace.

Pieces of the Kop were put up for charitable sale when the terrace was demolished and some can still be bought in aid of the Forget-Me-Not Campaign.

THE KOP 1906-1994
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Jairzinho(m): 9:41pm On Apr 21, 2009
The way we concede useless goals nowadays . . . . . 3-3,10 mins to go
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Jairzinho(m): 10:11pm On Apr 21, 2009
Really sad. . . . . gae ended 4-4 .

We neeeded this win like air MeHHHHNNNN !!!

Anyway,I pray Portsmouth do the needful against MANURE 2mrw

[center]YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE !!! kiss kiss kiss kiss[/center]
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 5:40pm On Apr 22, 2009
viee:

sory bruv, i dont agree.
i think Rafa got it wrong.
wot was Lucas doing on the picth and Mach taken off?
it is an open invitation for Lamps to take shorts!!
i cldnt blv it!
hell, how was he supporting Torres, and Torress had 0 shorts on goal? (imagine having a Barry in place of Lucas for us!)
Yossi should have replaced Gerrad on that role while Riera and Kuyt play in the wings.
even if we were 2 goals down, Mash shld not be taken off becos we simply do not hv a good replacement for him. . . .
this was a game we cld have easily won after Chelsea came in just to defend their 3-1 lead.

Rafa despite his good knowlegde of the game strikes me as someone who loves to prove a point.
he signs Lucas, we all complain that he is a waste of space and money but Rafa eulogises d guy.
he singled him out as the most outstanding player in that second leg. . . . wot a load of crap!
he is useless. . .i wish us GOOD luck in selling him wheneva that might be!
some pple say he will become a great player next season, i sure hope that happens in another club.
i have neva seen a player who tries so hard to do NUTIN
seems the only positive thing abot him is that is a Brazilian!
unfortunately, country dosnt play, individuals DO

Chelsea have picked form since Hiddink came, will be intresting to see how they play aganist Barca. . .
for sure, i dnt see Barca running riots aganist them
Will be a 50-50 game but might just be boring, a Livpol/ Barca would have been GRAND grin
we live to fight another day thou. . .

i wish us plenty of luck aganist Assnal tonite.
in all sincerity, thou i wld have favored a double
but if i have to choose, i will go for League than Champions League
pity it is no longer in our hands.
lets play our part at least and then see how ManU fairs

B T W im kinda hapi about Daglish return to futbol and to Livpool.
thou 8 years is rather a long time, but i think a master is always a master
will be nice to see our youth team producing players that can grow to the senior team. . . .

YNWA

i do not think we should sign Barry. barry would only unsettle the team. we know he isn't as good as masch, alonso and gerrard. so do u think he will be able sit on the bench? his grumblings will definately unsettle the team. rafa almost sold alonso becos of barry but so far alonso has been our best player this season.buying barry may unsettle alonso. though i know we need another central midfielder. he must be young ,upcoming and with potentials, he must not be a big name. with these he won't really complain if he sits on the bench. lucas fits in.

when rafa signed lucas he said lucas wasn't the normal brazilian player so his style of play doesn't surprise me. but u can't blame for buying and still playing lucas afterall lucas was a big name in south america, he captained gremio to the copa libertidores final when they lost to boca juniors . he was so good that he won the best south american footballer award. an award previously won by maradona, kaka, carlos tevez and robinho. so u cant blame rafa for showing faith in him.

maybe he isn't a player for the premier league, maybe he is just a flash in the pan and maybe he needs time to grow to world class status. i just hope for the latter.
but we need a new cental midfielder, rafa should go to spain and search deep, no body knew alonso before real sociedad.

daglish joining the staff means good things hopefully.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by olokun(m): 7:20am On Apr 23, 2009
I think you guys are playing your best football style now;So keep it up

>>>> www.sportnewsreports..com
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Jairzinho(m): 6:06pm On Apr 25, 2009
Hull 1 : 3 Liverpool

We've done our part,nowTottenham its your turn. . . . .

[center]YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE !! kiss kiss kiss[/center]
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Jairzinho(m): 7:39pm On Apr 25, 2009
Tottenham's probably the crappiest side in the EPL tongue tongue tongue tongue

Even if the referee gave a wrong penalty,what about the 4 other goals

Just makes life harder for us cry cry cry cry

Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Jairzinho(m): 7:44pm On Apr 25, 2009
WITH manure down 2 goals I really hoping Spurs would o the needful,but there you go . . . . .
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by manmustwac(m): 7:46pm On Apr 25, 2009
Jairzinho:

Tottenham's probably the crappiest side in the EPL tongue tongue tongue tongue

Even if the referee gave a wrong penalty,what about the 4 other goals

Just makes life harder for us cry cry cry cry

Bleep you, you should,ve won the premiership by now if you'd won your own home games. Now your depending on other teams to do your work for you. FOOL!!!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 8:04pm On Apr 25, 2009
Relax Jairzinho, the gunners and man city will do it for us.

We looked tired today but we still got the goals. I just hope we don't stop our all-out attacking style. We might just beat the bastards on goal diference.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Jairzinho(m): 8:55pm On Apr 25, 2009
manmustwac:

Bleep you, you should,ve won the premiership by now if you'd won your own home games. Now your depending on other teams to do your work for you. FOOL!!!
Oloshi,
Your period started early this month, abi? undecided
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by DaJunta(m): 9:35pm On Apr 25, 2009
Itz so unfortunate Spurs could not soak d pressure in d 2nd half
but we shud concentrate on Winning all our remaining games,

YNWA
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Jairzinho(m): 7:24am On Apr 26, 2009
Da Junta:

Itz so unfortunate Spurs could not soak d pressure in d 2nd half
but we shud concentrate on Winning all our remaining games,

YNWA

You can say that again,bt unfortunately its out of our hands now , >> cry cry cry
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by manmustwac(m): 3:24pm On Apr 26, 2009
Jairzinho:

You can say that again,bt unfortunately its out of our hands now , >> cry cry cry
You can't win it now. Better luck next season. Try win your games and don't depend on other teams to win for you. grin
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by viee(f): 12:20pm On Apr 28, 2009
just for laughs

supporting Liverpool is becoming like supporting Nigeria where you win and pray others lose (Man U)
you score and hope others dont (UCL Chelsea)

grin cheesy grin cheesy

however trophys or no trophys YNWA!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by tocdee(m): 10:03am On May 02, 2009
Nothing less than a 4-0 win will do for me tomorrow.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by tocdee(m): 4:18pm On May 04, 2009
Have you guys heard? Hyppia's off to Bayern Leverkusen. Its a sad day for me and millions of Liverpool fans everywhere. That guy was a true legend.

Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 4:50pm On May 04, 2009
yes,

bayern leverkusen have surely struck gold in Sami. everyone one our center defenders had his own special attributes and i think Sami's were the best, though i'm not saying he was the best.

we are definately going to miss him. a true legend!

Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 3:08pm On May 10, 2009
Tevez may leave Man utd for liverpool or chelsea.

I think Rafa should make a bid.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by amigoes(m): 2:56pm On May 14, 2009
tevez the KOP, grin grin grin

dream? photoshop?? 4 real

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-271419.0.html

Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 4:51pm On May 16, 2009
whatever happens. we never walk alone.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by cold(m): 7:32pm On May 16, 2009
We'l be back with a vengeance!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by switch47(m): 8:28am On May 18, 2009
Rafael Benitez: Manchester United Are Not Better Than Liverpool

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez insists that should Manchester United win the Premier League title this season, it will not be an indication that they are the superior team.

The Reds have lost less games than the Red Devils during the 2008-09 campaign and, with two games remaining, have a better goal difference.

But with two league matches to play, United are six points ahead of the Merseyside outfit, who are second, and need just one more point to secure the championship.

However, the Spanish tactician does not believe that winning the Premier League proves the Red Devils are better than ‘Pool, feeling that there are several top quality teams in England, most notable the so-called 'Big Four.'

"There are a lot of good teams in the Premier League. Without putting them in any order, I'd say Chelsea, United, Liverpool and Arsenal are the best.

www.switch47..com            grin

Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by tkb417(m): 11:13am On May 18, 2009
Tevez may leave Man utd for liverpool or chelsea.

I think Rafa should make a bid.
Obasanjo has a better chance of ruling America than Pool getting Tevez.
Liverpool ko, Loserfool ni
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 4:35pm On May 18, 2009
it has to be said,we are really improving. we just need to identify our mistakes and mount a stronger challenge next season.

its so good i have to say it again, rafa must get tevez. we need a deeper squad, a left winger, a striker and a central midfielder.

ynwa!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 5:09pm On May 18, 2009
007 is a red!

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (100)

Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 / Chelsea Vs Villarreal: UEFA Super Cup - 6 - 5 On Penalties / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.