Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,199 members, 7,873,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:36 PM

Comparing Our Lot With Others In Serving The Lord - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Comparing Our Lot With Others In Serving The Lord (486 Views)

Satanic Suggestions In Serving God / Comparing Our Lot With Others In Serving The Lord / The Joy In Serving The Lord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Comparing Our Lot With Others In Serving The Lord by naslinks(m): 5:02pm On May 26, 2012
MEDITATION OF THE DAY(Scripture: John 21:20-25)
THEME:COMPARING OUR LOT WITH OTHERS IN SERVING THE LORD  

Peter seems jealous that others have a special relationship with Jesus. When am I jealous of the spirituality of others? Is it a healthy jealousy?

Indeed, for better or otherwise, we will always be surrounded by people, and we will notice them just as they will notice us.
So we may or may not find it surprising that Peter should ask Jesus about the disciple whom He loved.
And it seemed that Jesus reproached Peter and told him to mind his own business.
Yet it order to have a better understanding of Peter's intentions, we might have to read the preceding passage.
Jesus had told Peter to feed His sheep and to follow Him and even indicated what kind of future Peter will have to face.
Well after knowing what is in store for him, Peter would certainly like to know what the rest would face, especially the disciple Jesus loved, whether it is out of concern or out of curiosity.

Therefore Jesus had to bring Peter back to focus on his commitment to love and the mission that he had received.
And as we prepare for the renewal and the outpouring of the Holy Spirit, let us focus on our commitment to love and our mission to love.
Love is never about the self; it is always about others and for their good. Let us keep focused on that.

PRAYER:Lord, I know sometimes I envy the closeness I see others have with you. Help me to strengthen my own relationship with you so that the relationship of others will not matter to me. Take away my jealousy and grant me the strength to overcome it.

(1) (Reply)

What Has Churches And Mosques Contributed To NIGERIA / TENSION Is A Product Of Lack Of ATTENTION / Turning From The Holy Commandment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.