Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,408 members, 7,881,500 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:28 PM

Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? (45262 Views)

Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos / Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? / A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by jmoore(m): 8:49pm On May 27, 2012
Because the whites had already developed it before they got independence.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by ebamma(m): 8:50pm On May 27, 2012
its becausd the have no crude oil
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 27, 2012
redsun: I dont think i understand this post hidden concept.What is it all about?

The moderator hide posts that contain strong negative words.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by animari(f): 8:56pm On May 27, 2012
Animari- why are so many posts hidden?

1 Like

Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by freshmoney(m): 8:56pm On May 27, 2012
Developed South Africa is evident by presence of the whites. In contrast, Nigeria a 'fruitful haven' - inhabited by greedy, ethical set of people that have hoodwinked her of her resources and mismanaged her 'gift'- is less developed due to the aforementioned.

In summary, little percentage of whites are corrupt, thus contributing to the existent development of South Africa; large part of Nigeria inhabitants are unscrupulous and virtuous.

1 Like

Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:58pm On May 27, 2012
Looking at the 'white' factor a bit deeper, you could argue that as at the time the colonialists left in 1960, Nigeria, when compared with South Africa was still light years behind. Comparing pictures of Lagos and Johannesburg of 1960 will show stark differences between both in infrastructure and the city skyline. So what was the reason for this since both countries had 'whites' in gov't?

The reason why the Afrikaaners developed South Africa more than the British did for Nigeria was b'cos they actually believed they were developing 'their' homeland; as against the British that did the barest minimum they could get away with just to ensure their comfort, facilitate the exploitation and evacuation of our resources, and keep the niggas quiet shocked.

If apartheid had continued to this day, and there had been no economic sanctions imposed on South Africa, it's quite possible that -with the abundance of cheap labour and vast mineral/human resources- South Africa today would be among the top 5 economies in the world.

So what we see in South Africa today by way of positive economic indices is the result of the groundwork layed by the departing whites (who didn't do it for their 'love' of the Zulu). As for 'stability': the main reason i can think of is that they don't have a lazy, thieving, murderous cabal that believes power at the centre is their birthright, and are prepared to dagbaru the whole political-economy if they are no more calling the shots.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by johnstar(m): 8:58pm On May 27, 2012
Watn dm dey hide 4 dat post self undecided undecided
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by ismhab(m): 8:59pm On May 27, 2012
BECAUSE THEY HAVE GOOD LEADERS.

1 Like

Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Sike(m): 9:06pm On May 27, 2012
redsun: I dont think i understand this post hidden concept.What is it all about?
ollah1:

Gbam!
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by chuks49(m): 9:11pm On May 27, 2012
Am yet to see any country as diverse as Nigeria develop, and there are plethora of explanations from Political Economists.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by cap28: 9:11pm On May 27, 2012
Because it was set up as a white settlement by europeans, blacks were to be permanently excluded from reaping any benefits from the wealth of their own country. South africa is for all intents and purposes a white country with a few powerless black puppets in positions of authority. Also america and britain provide south africa with a lot of economic and military support and they are shielded from the predatory activities of the IMF and the World Bank. Europe and america see south africa as their baby and they have continued to protect and assist them since the days of apartheid, america provided the aparthied govt of south africa with technological assistance which enabled them to set up a sophisticated surveillance system to monitor the activities of the ANC, Israel also helped aparthied south africa to develop a nuclear and biological weaponry - this was dismantled when power was handed to the blacks in 1994 because of course whites do not want any black nation to have access to nuclear capability.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by buzugee(m): 9:16pm On May 27, 2012
cuz they have gentiles in it. caucasians are gentiles. this is the salvation of the gentiles ( romans 11 vs 11 ) so anywhere they are is heavenly. all you black people though ( israelites ) are under the deuteronomy curses so anywhere you are will be hell. this is why black people all run to heaven ( white countrys ). they are too scared ( me included ) to take their licks like a man. however time soon come for role reversal LAMENTATIONS 4 VS 21 AND 22

1 Like

Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by redsun(m): 9:17pm On May 27, 2012
ollah1:

I bet u mean the truth?Truth hurts,but it is not sinical.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by purplekayc(m): 9:18pm On May 27, 2012
Why is the moderator hiding posts nah?
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by emisun(m): 9:18pm On May 27, 2012
they are less religious and superstitious.thats the reason.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by redsun(m): 9:22pm On May 27, 2012
A typical blackman does not understand the concept of mathematics in.to.to.He does not understand the concept of adding up,mutiplying and creating.All he understands is the concept of subtraction,taking out and the concept of destruction.

1 Like

Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by mipemi(m): 9:22pm On May 27, 2012
Well I think dere affiliations wiv d whites has a hand in that and also due to our leader's both past and present's greediness and selfishness..
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 27, 2012
PROUD IGBO: As for 'stability': the main reason i can think of is that they don't have a lazy, thieving, murderous cabal that believes power at the centre is their birthright, and are prepared to dagbaru the whole political-economy if they are no more calling the shots.
Also because they have cowardly unmotivated citizens who would rather live under opression and penury than carry out a revolution.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by nirvena: 9:23pm On May 27, 2012
the truth is the whites were in power and they developed SA according to European and American standard,
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by kutchs: 9:30pm On May 27, 2012
@OP, now you have got the answer to ur question, I guess you can now go to bed.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by ayox2003: 9:34pm On May 27, 2012
buzugee: cuz they have gentiles in it. caucasians are gentiles. this is the salvation of the gentiles ( romans 11 vs 11 ) so anywhere they are is heavenly. all you black people though ( israelites ) are under the deuteronomy curses so anywhere you are will be hell. this is why black people all run to heaven ( white countrys ). they are too scared ( me included ) to take their licks like a man. however time soon come for role reversal LAMENTATIONS 4 VS 21 AND 22

And whats the meaning of this? lipsrsealed
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Goldenheart(m): 9:36pm On May 27, 2012
no place like NGA.....am happier here.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 27, 2012
The obvious truth has been said.So, I'm not going to say anything more than the black South Africans are lazy except few like my mentor Mandela, and pass revolution fighters.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Butoneday2(m): 9:44pm On May 27, 2012
Yes because whites enta de country 1547 thru one tribe called Xhosa. Dis is a country i lived for six(6)gud yrs. 2002-2008. Dat country got what it's takes, dey hav evrytin is just lik yankee, my guys used to tell me abt d country till i enta and see wit my eyes. Not only dat ''the third best cities in d world is ''CAPE TOWN SOUTH AFRICA''. Afta, New york & Paris.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by damilola15: 9:49pm On May 27, 2012
Acelifted: Because of the white population of course. take the whites out of there and the blacks will run it down in 2 years.
Already doing so.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by metro10: 9:52pm On May 27, 2012
Nigeria in 20years would still no catch up with South Africa' level of devt. I just returned from there, its appalling and heart breaking. The only strength naija has is population and nothing more. I returned since 2weeks and had not had the previlage of sleeping with light. I am suffering, its against my neighbourhood policy to on my generator all tru d night. The wickedness of our leaders wont allow for development.
Its no just because they have the whited, i know the southy blacks are lazy, but still if we the right leadership in place, things will run well.
I want to be the next nigerian president, watch out for progress.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by basher(m): 9:58pm On May 27, 2012
shymmex: This the topic Nigerians at home and in the diaspora should have a discourse about. Let's leave countries we have no stake in alone, and focus on our continent..

My hypothesis:

Till we rid Nigeria off retards - and uncle toms, we would continue to be the most disappointing country on this planet... Nigeria has so much potentials - but nothing to show for it... Most of our so-called 'educated' people are clowns with herd mentality who can't think critically... Nigerian educated class are also notorious of having low self-esteem.. cool

Obviously, South Africa is more developed because of the oyinbos there! Our time will come eventually. You can't force development on a people; they have to grow into it and adapt it to suit their style. On the other hand, you can't stop a once developed country from sliding into decline. Take Greece for example, once the most developed in the world and has been declining for decades. The Euro debacle is just the latest stage in it's slow painful decline.

Throughout history, civilization and learning has been foistered onto peoples through colonization and being conquered. Egyptians on Greeks, Greeks on Romans, Romans on British, British on West Africans etc. Unfortunately, the Romans only came down as far as Libya centuries ago. Mosquitoes and Tse tse flies must have impeded them. If they had succeeded in reaching west africa, then the story most likely would have been different.

Anyways, the british came to us and all we need to do is remain in Nigeria and dig it out, rather than seeking easy money abraod.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by cap28: 9:59pm On May 27, 2012
all4naija: The obvious truth has been said.So, I'm not going to say anything more than the black South African are lazy except few like my mentor Mandela, and pass revolution fighters.

i dont understand? lazy? who worked in the mines digging out all the gold and diamonds for the europeans?

who cooked, cleaned and did the gardening for the europeans?

Are you aware that during the apartheid regime the blacks were banned from the cities unless they were coming there to work?

Are you aware that they had no access to any education beyond a primary school education courtesy of the bantu education act of 1953?

The Bantu Education Act, 1953 (Act No. 47 of 1953; later renamed the Black Education Act, 1953) was a South African law which codified several aspects of the apartheid system. Its major provision was enforced separation of races in all educational institutions. Even universities were made "tribal", and all but three Missionary schools chose to close down when the government no longer would subsidize their schools. Only Roman Catholics, the Seventh-day Adventists, the Congregationalists (The American Board) & the United Jewish Reform Congregation continued using their own finances to support education for native Africans.[1] In 1959 this type of education was extended to "non white" Universities and Colleges with the Extension of University Education Act, and the internationally prestigious University College of Fort Hare was taken over by the government and degraded to being part of the Bantu education system.[2] It is often argued that the policy of Bantu (African) education was aimed to direct black or non-white youth to the unskilled labor market,[3
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 27, 2012
Hypothesis two:

I think it's because of the people called: Nigerians - who inhabit the land mass. I'm yet to meet a Nigerian who loves Nigeria, and would die for Nigeria... Everyone just wants to steal, and get rich...

Rid the land mass off Nigerians, and a better country will emerge. cool
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 27, 2012
What's the point of a thread if 30% of the post are gonna be hidden(visible when quoting)?
Abeg lock the thread instead of ruining it with 'hidden posts'.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by cap28: 10:12pm On May 27, 2012
Here is the reason why many black south africans remain far behind whites in south africa today:

Bantu Education

"In 1953 the government passed the Bantu Education Act, which the people didn't want. We didn't want this bad education for our children. This Bantu Education Act was to make sure that our children only learnt things that would make them good for what the government wanted: to work in the factories and so on; they must not learn properly at school like the white children. Our children were to go to school only three hours a day, two shifts of children every day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, so that more children could get a little bit of learning without government having to spend more money. Hawu! It was a terrible thing that act."
Baard and Schreiner, My Spirit is Not Banned, Part 2
The 1953 Bantu Education Act was one of apartheid's most offensively racist laws. It brought African education under control of the government and extended apartheid to black schools. Previously, most African schools were run by missionaries with some state aid. Nelson Mandela and many other political activists had attended mission schools. But Bantu education ended the relative autonomy these schools had enjoyed up to that point. Instead, government funding of black schools became conditional on acceptance of a racially discriminatory curriculum administered by a new Department of Bantu Education. Most mission schools for Africans chose to close rather than promote apartheid in education.

Centralization of schools under a new government department was not in and of itself opposed by school administrators, parents, and students. What the African community vehemently opposed was the creation of a separate and unequal system of black education rather than a single public schooling system for all South Africans. The white government made it clear that Bantu education was designed to teach African learners to be "hewers of wood and drawers of water" for a white-run economy and society, regardless of an individual's abilities and aspirations. In what are now infamous words, Minster of Native Affairs, Dr. Hendrik F. Verwoerd, explained the government's new education policy to the South African Parliament:
There is no space for him [the "Native"] in the European Community above certain forms of labor. For this reason it is of no avail for him to receive training which has its aim in the absorption of the European Community, where he cannot be absorbed. Until now he has been subjected to a school system which drew him away from his community and misled him by showing him the greener pastures of European Society where he is not allowed to graze. (quoted in Kallaway, 92)
The ideological framework for Bantu education had it

http://overcomingapartheid.msu.edu/sidebar.php?id=3

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Buba Galadima & Son, Sadiq Galadimma, Involved In Car Accident. Photos / Murray-Bruce And His Son In Made-In -Nigeria Clothes / Is Nigeria In The Brink Of Another Civil War? - Al Jazeera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.