Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,887 members, 7,883,111 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 12:25 AM

Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police (18498 Views)

Finally! Alison-madueke Honours London Police Invitation. / London Police Denies Arrest Of Diezani Alison-madueke. - Reuters. / Emperor Ademusiwa is the commander of the country of Western Nigeria military (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by aljharem(m): 10:36pm On May 29, 2012
Maybe you people need to grow up before claiming and miss claiming.

I have told you all that life does not start and end with yoruba and igbo people. There are others.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by PhysicsQED(m): 10:39pm On May 29, 2012
Olu of Isa? Hmmm. . .why am I skeptical? Anyways, interesting explanation though short on details.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 29, 2012
Olisa in Ijebu is like Ogiso in Ibini...

The Olisa were the rulers before Awujale...

A lot of Yoruba names are in extinct in Nigeria - but you would be surprised to meet people in the UK bearing names you won't even think existed in yoruba land..

I can give you guys a couple, if you want.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 29, 2012
ezotik:
nah, she aint pretty. but yeah, her shape is alright and that makes her fvckable.
i guess men who fvck her put a pillow across her woski face while nailin the pvssy.

If she ain't pretty - who is pretty then? undecided
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 29, 2012
THE OLISA FAMILY TREE
Okuwa obanta is reported to have begotten two sons, Olukoye Oba Asan and Ishiga Oba Jasan both of whom succeeded him as olisa Olukoye Oba Asan in turn begot four male children. LABOYEDE, AIGBON (WUNOMO) OLUDIPE (ADEDIPE) and OWOJOBI (AWOJOBI), while Oshiga Oba Jasan has three, namely, IBISI ADE, AKURO and ADEGBUTI are seven of whom succeeded to the title of Olisa, thus was born the modern seven rotational ruling houses of the Olisa, succession has been strictly through the male line except in one case in 1817 when Rubakoye (Rolukoye), a woman, ascended the throne. Her reign was rather short as she was soon succeeded by Adebote in 1820. Obaruwa, the 10th Awujale of Ijebu land who ascended the Ijebu throne around 1602 A.D married Usenbi, the daughter of Adebambo who was descended from the Olisa lineage. Usenbi begot a son, Adepo who in turn married Adefolaju an Egba princess by whom he had two children Moradehun abbreviated to “RADE” (F) and Ademase (M) Moradehun also begot four children namely, ADENBI (f), ADEPALE (f) ADEOLA (m) and ADEYORINWA (m) “RADE” virtually single-handedly secured the Olisa title for one of her “brothers” Amuneyin in 1780, and he was succeded by Ademokun I in 1839, and Aboki in 1885. Thus was founded the “RADE” family lineage in the Olisa ruling houses, the newest member of which is Alhaji R.A. Adesanya Ademokun II. Sanni Adesanya was a great grandson of Adelofa (M), one of the sons of “RADE” Sanni Adesanya begot late Alhaji Wahab Sanni Adesanya the father of our new Olisa Ademokun II (F) a daughter of “RADE” was great granmother of Chief Bello Kuku,declined the invitation to become an Olisa and erroneously transferred by the opportunity to his Half-brother by same father Aboki Olupoiki Kuku who ascended the Olisa of Ijebu-Ode post in 1885. Thus was established what is now knownas the Amuneyin Ademokun line of Olisa family.

http://ijebuifeculture..co.uk/2011/09/ijebu-ode-here-we-come.html
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Afam4eva(m): 10:43pm On May 29, 2012
@shimmex
That article clearly shows that Olu Isa is a title and not a anem you give to a sane human being. Who the fvck bears Olu Isa. Now, that's fvcked up.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by ezotik: 10:47pm On May 29, 2012
shymmex:

If she ain't pretty - who is pretty then? undecided

mo'chedda's face on a tiwa savage body will not be bad grin

nor be say mo'chedda too fine sha ooo..but u can nail without covering face gringrin
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by PhysicsQED(m): 10:47pm On May 29, 2012
Afam, dude, it's no big deal. Let's just forget it. My post backfired and now a mountain is being made of an anthill.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 29, 2012
afam4eva: @shimmex
That article clearly shows that Olu Isa is a title and not a anem you give to a sane human being. Who the fvck bears Olu Isa. Now, that's fvcked up.

But they're still a royal family name in Ijebu ode... PhysicsQED already showed you that a lot Ijebu people still bear that name..

And since, Itsekiris are mostly Ijebu descent. And the Ijebu households in Itsekiri land still maintain their Ijebu connection, don't you think he may just be one of those Ijebu-Itsekiris??

Just let us let the guy be.. He's Nigerian, end of..

I'll post the Itsekiri households in warri who still maintains their Ijebu connections now.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Nobody: 10:49pm On May 29, 2012
ezotik:

nor be say mo'chedda too fine sha ooo..but u can nail without covering face gringrin

Mo'chedda?? Who is that?
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by ezotik: 10:52pm On May 29, 2012
shymmex:

Mo'chedda?? Who is that?

why will u know her when u have never left peckham? abi na brooklyn? fake azz nigerian claiming ijebu ancestry
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 29, 2012
According to John O. Sagay, “…we are told that the people of Ugborodo, Omadino and Ureju migrated from O[b]de in Ijebu[/b]. This should explain some affinity between the Itsekiri Language and Ijebu; if we accept this, then there may have been some Yoruba settlements along the Benin and Escravos Rivers, but it was unlikely that they were found before then, there may have been small fishing settlements. The people of[b] Ugborodo and Ogidigben[/b] still describe themselves a descendants of their immortalised ancestor named Olaja-Oriwu.Those of Omadino claim to be descendants of Lenuwa, the title of the ruler of Ode.

Of all the movements for a safe haven by these migrant groups, one that is most instrumental to the carving out of a race that is today known as the Itsekiri tribe is that conducted by one Mr. Itsekiri and his family. The journey, which started from Ode in Ijebu, saw them migrating to Kerenmu. From Kerenmu, the horde moves to Ijalosan and then finally to Okoyitemi (Okotomu) presently called Ode-Itsekiri.

http://www.warrimirrornet.com/history_of_warri_kingdom.html

^^^ That is it there...

The guy is Nigerian, end of..
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 29, 2012
ezotik:
why will u know her when u have never left peckham? abi na brooklyn? fake azz nigerian claiming ijebu ancestry

Proud waterside Ijebu boy - my people are also in warri in ode-itsekiri lol..

All hail waterside Ijebu. cool
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by ezotik: 10:59pm On May 29, 2012
shymmex:

Proud waterside Ijebu boy - my people are also in warri in ode-itsekiri lol..

All hail waterside Ijebu. cool

cheers!
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Afam4eva(m): 11:00pm On May 29, 2012
ezotik:

Mo'chedda is not fine jare. I prefer Tiwa's face to hers. Give me Munachi's face with Tiwa's body. That's a nice combo.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 29, 2012
I'm not trying to derail the thread - I'm just showing you guys that you can't really say the guy is from any tribe, if he didn't say so himself..

The guy is Nigerian, and since he's from Warri - he could be from any tribe...

I'm out.. cool
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by ezotik: 11:07pm On May 29, 2012
afam4eva:
Mo'chedda is not fine jare. I prefer Tiwa's face to hers. Give me Munachi's face with Tiwa's body. That's a nice combo.

lol, afam...i was only trying to look for a face within female yoruba artist who are dark.. Asa, was who immediately came to my mind, but that one is ugly as fvck.. and mo'chedda was the only one i could think of that was a bit ok. and she's finer than tiwa face-wise imo
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by ezotik: 11:12pm On May 29, 2012
oh i just remembered, there is this yoruba artist with a cute face that would have worked on tiwa's body.. Lami. she's aight.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Afam4eva(m): 11:14pm On May 29, 2012
ezotik:

lol, afam...i was only trying to look for a face within female yoruba artist who are dark.. Asa, was who immediately came to my mind, but that one is ugly as fvck.. and mo'chedda was the only one i could think of that was a bit ok. and she's finer than tiwa face-wise imo
You have a point there. But there's a fine face called "May7even". She's Segun Odegbami's daughter, she's a musician and she's Yoruba. We can fit her face on Tiwa's body.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 29, 2012
ezotik: oh i just remembered, there is this yoruba artist with a cute face that would have worked on tiwa's body.. Lami. she's aight.

Stop hating on Yoruba girls, they have arguably the best shape in naija... I have seen some Igbo girls with bodies to die for - but Yoruba girls have bodies for days...

I used to think Yoruba girls were overrated, till I actually moved to dagenham in East London... Boi, these new breed of Yoruba girls are unbelievable.. shocked shocked cheesy cheesy

Their bum alone will make you start fantasizing.. grin grin grin
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Nobody: 11:18pm On May 29, 2012
afam4eva:
You have a point there. But there's a fine face called "May7even". She's Segun Odegbami's daughter, she's a musician and she's Yoruba. We can fit her face on Tiwa's body.

I saw the May7even chic in a club in 2007 - the girl fioonne in person.. I didn't even know she was big in naija.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by ezotik: 11:21pm On May 29, 2012
afam4eva:

oh, never heard of her. but i will check her out and give her a listen.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Abagworo(m): 11:21pm On May 29, 2012
facebook search

Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 29, 2012
When did Olisa become Orisa? undecided
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by ezotik: 11:27pm On May 29, 2012
shymmex:

Stop hating on Yoruba girls, they have arguably the best shape in naija... I have seen some Igbo girls with bodies to die for - but Yoruba girls have bodies for days...

I used to think Yoruba girls were overrated, till I actually moved to dagenham in East London... Boi, these new breed of Yoruba girls are unbelievable.. shocked shocked cheesy cheesy

Their bum alone will make you start fantasizing.. grin grin grin

of course yoruba girls are beautiful. just that the beautiful people are not always public figures or "celebs"

but i thought u are the one chasing igbo girls in nairaland. im yet to see u profess ur love for any yoruba girl on here. and the last i read of u, u said u don't like yoruba girls coz one broke ur heart. awww, how sad. loser.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Abagworo(m): 11:29pm On May 29, 2012
shymmex: When did Olisa become Orisa? undecided

In Igbo they are same Olise,Olisa,Ose,Osa,Orisa,Orise and they all mean God. Notice that one of the Orisa is from Umuahia which is far in the extreme East of Igboland bounded by Ibibio.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 29, 2012
Abagworo:
In Igbo they are same Olise,Olisa,Ose,Osa,Orisa,Orise and they all mean God. Notice that one of the Orisa is from Umuahia which is far in the extreme East of Igboland bounded by Ibibio.

The guy's tribe is inconclusive - we need to let him be.. He's Nigerian, and we are all proud of him..
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 29, 2012
ezotik:
of course yoruba girls are beautiful. just that the beautiful people are not always public figures or "celebs"

but i thought u are the one chasing igbo girls in nairaland. im yet to see u profess ur love for any yoruba girl on here. and the last i read of u, u said u don't like yoruba girls coz one broke ur heart. awww, how sad. loser.

Loool!!

I don't discriminate, and I'm not a tribalist... Heck, I love all naija girls equally.. grin

I had a thing for Igbo girls in the past, but right now my temperament is the same when it comes to all naija girls. cool
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Afam4eva(m): 11:36pm On May 29, 2012
shymmex:

The guy's tribe is inconclusive - we need to let him be.. He's Nigerian, and we are all proud of him..
He's an African and a human being and we're proud of him.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Afam4eva(m): 11:38pm On May 29, 2012
shymmex:

I saw the May7even chic in a club in 2007 - the girl fioonne in person.. I didn't even know she was big in naija.
She's not big in Naija. She's still trying to break into the Nigerian music scene.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 29, 2012
afam4eva:
He's an African and a human being and we're proud of him.

This guy, you're troublesome.. grin grin grin

Just don't let him catch ya arse in London, he would disown naija - and lock you up for a long time..

Naija feds in London don't joke with black people - just like the bus drivers.. cheesy cheesy

I'd rather get on a bus, or get arrested by any police officer, or bus driver who isn't Nigerian - than a naija one.. Those mofos don't play with their jobs.. grin grin
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:42am On May 30, 2012
PhysicsQED: Found a Gbenga Olisa and an Adekunle Olisa. If I kept looking I could probably come across others. Anyway, point made.

What makes you think they dont have Igbo parents and what does Olisa mean in Yoruba?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governors’ Forum Congratulates Buhari, Thanks Jonathan For Concession / "We'll Deliver Red Line Rail Before End Of Our First Term" - Sanwo-olu / Some Reactions From Gejs Facebook Page:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.