Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,931 members, 7,946,036 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 11:34 AM

Hybrid Cars In Nigeria. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hybrid Cars In Nigeria. (2039 Views)

10 Most Expensive Cars In The World! / Hybrid Cars In Nigeria - Assessment, Performance & Maintainance / Hybrid Cars In Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hybrid Cars In Nigeria. by mishooo(m): 6:34pm On Jun 01, 2012
Hello house

I just want your opinion on using Hybrid cars in Nigeria and where to get good mechanic for them. We all know they have good mileages (This time the fuel subsidy might be fully removed soon), and if well maintained, they do well like other cars. Kindly state if you have one or know someone who does.
Re: Hybrid Cars In Nigeria. by mishooo(m): 8:06pm On Jun 03, 2012
any take on this pls
Re: Hybrid Cars In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 04, 2012
mishooo: Hello house

I just want your opinion on using Hybrid cars in Nigeria and where to get good mechanic for them. We all know they have good mileages (This time the fuel subsidy might be fully removed soon), and if well maintained, they do well like other cars. Kindly state if you have one or know someone who does.

Good topic.
Re: Hybrid Cars In Nigeria. by sultaan(m): 12:45am On Jun 04, 2012
You should know hybrids are serviced by dealers only.Either updating software or recall.The engine is still same, by looking at how newer cars are being hacked into by these roadside butchers, proceed as you desire.

Remember you can overlook you oil change and trans service, but the brakes are a little different(regenerative)

Very doable,based on you accepting you may possibly be stuck with the gas engine only at some point if you get to use it long enough.

I have not heard a lot of cars surviving the mechanics for more than 4 years anyway.
Re: Hybrid Cars In Nigeria. by mishooo(m): 10:09am On Jun 04, 2012
Thanks Sultaan for your input. I have Petrol and electricity (from Battery at the back) in mind. Can Workshops that service Ford cars service the Hybrid ones as well?? I dont want a situation where i would be stuck when i just want to replace shocks or things like that.
Re: Hybrid Cars In Nigeria. by mishooo(m): 4:14pm On Jun 10, 2012
should i say no one has an idea??
Re: Hybrid Cars In Nigeria. by otoyin(m): 9:00am On Nov 02, 2016
Hybrid Cars Maintenance, Repairs, Parts Sales & Services

What is a Hybrid Car?

Hybrid cars are becoming more popular and more common. Basically, a hybrid car is one that uses two or more engines i.e. an electric motor and a conventional engine (either petrol or diesel). The electric engine powers the car at lower speeds and gas engine powers it at higher speeds. A hybrid car like Toyota Prius and Civic Hybrid not only conserves fuel but also produce less CO2 emissions. Though hybrid vehicles are now growing in popularity but still few people are actually using it mainly due to lack of knowledge of how hybrid vehicles work and whether they’re as good as other gasoline powered vehicles.
A hybrid car is best defined as a vehicle that has an engine that can switch between a fossil fuel and an alternate fuel source.

Advantages of a Hybrid Car

Here are few of the top advantages of having a hybrid car :-

1. Environmentally Friendly: One of the biggest advantage of hybrid car over gasoline powered car is that it runs cleaner and has better gas mileage which makes it environmentally friendly. A hybrid vehicle runs on twin powered engine (gasoline engine and electric motor) that cuts fuel consumption and conserves energy.

2. Financial Benefits: Hybrid cars are supported by many credits and incentives that help to make them affordable. Lower annual tax bills and exemption from congestion charges comes in the form of less amount of money spent on the fuel.

3. Less Dependance on Fossil Fuels: A Hybrid car is much cleaner and requires less fuel to run which means less emissions and less dependance on fossil fuels. This in turn also helps to reduce the price of gasoline in domestic market.

4. Regenerative Braking System: Each time you apply brake while driving a hybrid vehicle helps you to recharge your battery a little. An internal mechanism kicks in that captures the energy released and uses it to charge the battery which in turn eliminates the amount of time and need for stopping to recharge the battery periodically.

5. Built From Light Materials: Hybrid vehicles are made up of lighter materials which means less energy is required to run. The engine is also smaller and lighter which also saves much energy.

6. Higher Resale Value: With continuous increase in price of gasoline, more and more people are turning towards hybrid cars. The result is that these green vehicles have started commanding higher than average resale values. So, in case you are not satisfied with your vehicle, you can always sell it at a premium price to buyers looking for it.

There are many advantages to owning a hybrid car. The one you will like the best is how it helps you to control your budget as gas prices continue to get higher. The other benefit that is not seen directly is how owning and driving a hybrid car impacts the environment. It reduces the dependence on fossil fuels and lowers your carbon imprint on the environment.

Contact us now for
Hybrid Cars Maintenance, Repairs, Parts Sales & Services

Workshop Address: Oladipo Diya, after Oando Filling Station by New Covenant Church - Abuja 0.8.0.3.4.7.1.4.1.2.4.

We travel to repair all over Nigeria and beyond!

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Cars In Nigeria. by sultaan(m): 10:29pm On Nov 02, 2016
If I have the opportunity to have a personal car sitting in Nigeria, it will probably a hybrid(ford), or an American eco compact.

For those who do not know American cars don't get as much fuel economy as Japanese because they always put larger engines in their cars 2.0l +, but they have trims with smaller 1.4t-1.6 t engines with manual transmission that will get you about 30-38mpg (7.8l/6.2l per 100km) city/hwy

The 40mpg city/highway of the hybrids makes it a little more attractive if you are willing to overlook the technical weakness of hybrids in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

My Camry 2000 Model Radiator Water Dries Up Quickly / Smoke From Your Exhaust Explained (Photo) / New Arrival Of A Tin Can cleared Lexus Rx 330 In Benin City (Pics included)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.