Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,616 members, 7,917,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 07:37 PM

Essential Android Apps! - Phones (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Essential Android Apps! (42669 Views)

Essential Android Apps 2016 / Top 6 Android Apps To Stream Live Sports / Best Ways To Download Paid Android Apps For Free: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Essential Android Apps! by BlackBaron: 2:18pm On Sep 05, 2012
4llerbuntu: ^^

he is trying to flash something.

i just wonder if thats the way to ask questions these days.

FLIPBOARD!! the end!
Aah I see.

Flipboard is the bomb! Though I reckon its also data heavy.

Jethrovich: from my friends . HTC, the temporary memory takes a whole lot of space ans when he empties it, it frees up the memory be in talking about the memory card.

so are you saying if he uses up that free memory he got from emptying his temporary files, he would not have the required space to run? Because at times, the temporary memory gets as high as 4Gig.

what I know is that whenever he empties it, it gives his phone more memory to utilize.

Like au said before, if I add all what I have, it doesn't equate and the difference is just way too much
Dude. Android apps requires a bit of RAM (space) to be able to execute commands. Temp. memory is not a problem and its independent of your phone storage or SD card memory. If it does bother you so much, get 'App cache cleaner' from play store. It 'uncaches' non system apps and frees up space for your android.
Re: Essential Android Apps! by Mafia4life(m): 4:18pm On Sep 05, 2012
Motion & Sound Alarm v 1.7.1. Visit the links Motion & Sound Alarm v 1.7.1 ( http://market.android.com/search?q=pname:com.appventive.MotionAlarm )
Dats the name of the app. On the market, it is for sale. I got this version cracked via google search.
Re: Essential Android Apps! by raynold17(m): 10:01am On Sep 06, 2012
need links of a really gud screenshot app(non market)
Re: Essential Android Apps! by Jethrovich(m): 1:29pm On Sep 06, 2012
BlackBaron:
Aah I see.

Flipboard is the bomb! Though I reckon its also data heavy.

Dude. Android apps requires a bit of RAM (space) to be able to execute commands. Temp. memory is not a problem and its independent of your phone storage or SD card memory. If it does bother you so much, get 'App cache cleaner' from play store. It 'uncaches' non system apps and frees up space for your android.

What I'm even talking about is the storage on my mass memory. the cache cleaner only handles the phone memory or RAM but hthe memory card
Re: Essential Android Apps! by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:58pm On Sep 06, 2012
Jethrovich:

What I'm even talking about is the storage on my mass memory. the cache cleaner only handles the phone memory or RAM but hthe memory card

ooh ur memory card? then u must have some particular applications that cache aggressively.

try to find out which ones. go into the apps reduce the cache sizes, most apps allow u to specify how large the cache will be.

or just uninstall them.

for eg. on my fone apps like goal.com, spinlet, ucbrowser cache pictures, logos etc on my memory card.

other than that, the only other way I know that can happen is if you use Link2sd and ur apps and stuff are on the memory card
Re: Essential Android Apps! by Brisingr(m): 10:13am On Sep 07, 2012
for those using the airtel bis plan on android can u resubscribe if u have exhausted your data but still within the month interval
Re: Essential Android Apps! by Donlokobanty(m): 12:17pm On Sep 07, 2012
BlackBaron:
How exactly did you come across that command line ? You tampering with system apps ?

am trying to install a custom rom..
Re: Essential Android Apps! by Donlokobanty(m): 12:18pm On Sep 07, 2012
Brisingr: for those using the airtel bis plan on android can u resubscribe if u have exhausted your data but still within the month interval
no u cant resubscribe until d last plan expires.

1 Like

Re: Essential Android Apps! by Jethrovich(m): 9:32am On Sep 08, 2012
I don't really get what you asked me to do to it.

4llerbuntu:

ooh ur memory card? then u must have some particular applications that cache aggressively.

try to find out which ones. go into the apps reduce the cache sizes, most apps allow u to specify how large the cache will be.

or just uninstall them

for eg. on my fone apps like goal.com, spinlet, ucbrowser cache pictures, logos etc on my memory card

other than that, the only other way I know that can happen is if you use Link2sd and ur apps and stuff are on the memory card
Re: Essential Android Apps! by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:17pm On Sep 08, 2012
go into settings/applications. click on d apps and check to be sure if they r on phone memory or sdcard.

if u see option move to sdcard, then they r on d phone, if u see move to phone, they r on d sdcard.

thats just to check .

u will also see the quantity of cache space they use on d sdcard. u can click clear so the cache is deleted.

then u can go to each individual app settings and change the amount of space that they use as cache. most apps allow u to specify. d size of cache.

like i said earlier, most likely u have apps that cache aggressively. eg maps., on the fone. for example on my fone goal app, ucweb store pictures and stuff from pages i visit on the memory card. this is so thay next time i visit, it does not need to download those items again. some other apps like games store states and save games.

then go to the settings in so
Re: Essential Android Apps! by walcolm(m): 7:15am On Sep 10, 2012
Brisingr: for those using the airtel bis plan on android can u resubscribe if u have exhausted your data but still within the month interval

yes BUT you have to call helpdesk to manually terminate your current active plan. once they do that you get the text that your BIS has expired and you can just renew

2 Likes

Re: Essential Android Apps! by Mafia4life(m): 11:05am On Sep 10, 2012
I love my SMS collection app. It always add new sms posted to their database. It makes me mock other sms app available on Java phones
Re: Essential Android Apps! by Mafia4life(m): 11:11am On Sep 10, 2012
Also, the best movie player I discovered on andriod is Daroon Player: Capable of playing a DVD folder copied into ur memory card. It has full DVD player functions such as Changing Audio, substitle and last memory. It also support DVD menu for chapter selection.
And QQ player.
Re: Essential Android Apps! by raynold17(m): 11:16am On Sep 10, 2012
Mafia4life: Also, the best movie player I discovered on andriod is Daroon Player: Capable of playing a DVD folder copied into ur memory card. It has full DVD player functions such as Changing Audio, substitle and last memory. It also support DVD menu for chapter selection.
And QQ player.
link for downloading?
Re: Essential Android Apps! by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 10, 2012
please has anbody experincd this and what was ur solutn? I bought nd paid fo poweramp n google play, but afta abt 4days the app stopd workng nd t startd sayng "error conectng to server n google play!" I ws natraly anoyd snce I paid abt 800naira f dis app nd culd nt undstand y t suld stop wokng now!
Re: Essential Android Apps! by raynold17(m): 1:29pm On Sep 10, 2012
Re: Essential Android Apps! by BlackBaron: 11:36pm On Sep 10, 2012
cogitoErgo: please has anbody experincd this and what was ur solutn? I bought nd paid fo poweramp n google play, but afta abt 4days the app stopd workng nd t startd sayng "error conectng to server n google play!" I ws natraly anoyd snce I paid abt 800naira f dis app nd culd nt undstand y t suld stop wokng now!

Can't say its happened to me before.Go to.settings - application - power amp and clear the app cache.

Bout Google play server error. Clear data for Play store and Google services framework then reboot and it will work.
Re: Essential Android Apps! by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 11, 2012

yes you can. if you exhaust your data befor expiry send 'DEACTVATE' to '440' and then subscribe again.

1 Like

Re: Essential Android Apps! by taxyflo: 2:49pm On Sep 11, 2012
Omo mehn the airtel stuff dey gud ooooo
Re: Essential Android Apps! by alentino1(m): 4:35am On Sep 12, 2012
BlackBaron: Long is the day gone when all we could do was call and text on mobile phones. The latest generation lets you video call, gps guide, watch live tv, listen to music and watch movies, emulate your favourite console games plus so much more

Tinyshark – A music streaming app fashioned after grooveshark , only this is completely free. No subscriptions or contracts. Does everything as a spotify will do for no change…

Poweramp – Mother of all music players. Plays every audio codec you could lay your hands on – FLAC, wav et al. Also comes with heavily customisable settings, tags editor, downloads missing album art, configurable lock screen with optional Direct Unlock, headset support, automatic Resume on headset and/or BT connection (can be disabled in settings) 10 bands equalizer with HTC devices having option of SRS/Dolby surround.

Whatsapp –With ratings hovering around 4.6 on the android market and 100 million downloads to match, no one’s got an excuse not have this on their smartphone anymore. Allows cross platform messaging across all mobile OS. In addition to basic messaging WhatsApp Messenger users can send each other images, video and audio media messages. Free for a year with a $.99 cent sub option after that.

Adobe flash player – Exclusive to the android camp only, lets you access same flash content as you would on a PC. View web pages, watch videos and play games.

SwiftKey X - an alternative keyboard for the Android platform. The first thing SwiftKey will do when you install it is analyse your writing style by looking through all the SMS you have stored on your handset. Based on that, and what you type in the future, it will attempt to predict what words you are going to input next with the eventual result being that you need to bother spelling out only two out of every three yourself.

Vlc video player – Allows you to play just about any kind of video file imaginable. Not officially released yet, still in alpha phase.

Soundhound – Ever heard a music on radio or tv but can’t identify it? Worry not, just press this app closer on the song and et voila, it tells produce the artiste’s name and song title.

Kindle - Download the app and you can browse and buy from over 900,000 books in the store. Perhaps the best feature, however, is that the app will automatically sync your last read page, bookmarks, notes, and highlights across devices. If you do have a Kindle, this means that you can seamlessly transition from your reader to your phone if you want to carry a lighter load that day.

Adobe Reader - Adobe Reader offers the same high quality PDF viewing as on desktop. Open PDF files from email, the web or your device. Reflow view to fit contents to screen for easy viewing.

Tubemate – So you log on to youtube and you see that brand new still in cinema movie in complete 1080p glory. This apps let’s you snag those videos straight to your phone and just about anything. No sign ups or nada required.

Emulators - Your Android possesses the power to play almost every major video game from the last three or four decades. Iphone boys are still crying. grin If you find the right emulator and source a cheeky ROM file, your phone can morph - Transformers-style - into a Game Boy or an NES or a TurboGrafx-16. Nintendo, Snes, Playstation, GBA, GBC, NDS, sega mega drive, arcade games and many more.

Astro file manager - Nothing more than a Windows-style file explorer, but if you're into tinkering and directly installing Android APK files yourself, it's essential to stick something like this on your phone. It makes your phone feel like a computer, and makes you feel like you're in charge of it.

Google Maps - An absolute must-get. As long as you have Android 1.6 or above, the latest update to Google Maps introduces turn-by-turn voice navigation, simultaneously devastating the satnav industry while boosting the in-car dashboard dock/charger accessory scene. Route calculations are done at the outset of your trip, minimising data transfer en route and keeping you on target even when the GPS signal drops. It's amazing, it works, and it's free.

3G watchdog – Especially useful for those with limited data plans. 3G Watchdog guards you against costly Internet coverages by counter monitoring your Mobile Internet (4G/3G/Edge/GPRS) data usage, shows a status icon (green/orange/red) in the notif bar and a detailed report page.

Go Launcher - Got an Android hardware and don't like its government manufacturer-issue UI? Then why not join the ranks of the launcher rebel alliance. A Highly customisable home screen replacement.

Tether – Use your android smartphone as a wifi hotspot to bridge your laptops, tablets and other gadgets to the internet using your mobile data. May require root

[center]Some for the Kids [/center]
Talking Gina the Giraffe - A huge hit with kids. Stroke, feed, water, and play Patty Cake with Gina to keep her happy. Reflex building, movie making, cute little rewards if you keep her happy. Watch out for in-game spending, though: some content demands cash.

iStory Books – For your little ones, this Free books comes complete with voice-over, pictures and alternative languages. Fancy teaching your tot Spanish? There's a Cinderella for that... iStory Books is a simple but sweet app that's good for entertaining the kids. Eleven free books are included from the get go with new ones added every two weeks.

NB: This list is by no means exhaustive hence you're welcome to input any app recommendations as you see fit.

© Copyright where due to respective article owners.

Black Baron thanks for this info,I downloaded the PowerAmp music player.So far its my best App, the sound is super HD.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Essential Android Apps! by bendazum: 4:52pm On Sep 12, 2012
bush4ker: lolz abeg ask am o very soon nw he go drop his nmber and say make we call am

grin
Re: Essential Android Apps! by 3kay945(m): 8:16am On Sep 13, 2012
Mafia4life: Also, the best movie player I discovered on andriod is Daroon Player: Capable of playing a DVD folder copied into ur memory card. It has full DVD player functions such as Changing Audio, substitle and last memory. It also support DVD menu for chapter selection.
And QQ player.

mx can do this and more.
Re: Essential Android Apps! by Mafia4life(m): 2:03pm On Sep 13, 2012
3kay945:

mx can do this and more.
Show me a screenshot.
Guys, make una nor reason say I be badt guy ooo. I copied the only dvd folder found on a guy's external HDD. This is how Daroon Player handled it.

Re: Essential Android Apps! by fans792: 6:15am On Sep 14, 2012
sweetdoct247,

I want to briefly explain to u ways of installing and downloading large files to your SG3
1. search for the APK of the apps.
2.Transfer the apk to ur SG3
3.Install d APK
4. For files that need large file size as u mentioned, either connect ur phone to ur pc through wifi ( using connectify)
and then download or download the sd file through your pc internt and transfer to the appropriate folder in ur fone.
5. start the application.
6. Enjoy.

Have done this myself. have games that are up to 1.26gb on my fone like modern combat 2 and 3. asphalt7 etc.
Re: Essential Android Apps! by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:08pm On Sep 14, 2012
at times when i see some stuff highlighted on this thread, my heart is gladdened.

how many other mobile OS can boast of apps that can do the kinda stuff this daroon or MX players can?

yet they say android is not good. smh for naysayers
Re: Essential Android Apps! by BlackBaron: 2:02pm On Sep 14, 2012
Seen some updates for nintendo ds emus this morn on android and must say signs are looking promising. smiley
Re: Essential Android Apps! by Mafia4life(m): 2:17pm On Sep 14, 2012
4llerbuntu: at times when i see some stuff highlighted on this thread, my heart is gladdened.

how many other mobile OS can boast of apps that can do the kinda stuff this daroon or MX players can?

yet they say android is not good. smh for naysayers
Dont mind them. I do not get worried of loosing my fone when on charge in public or crowd. I simply turn on this app that has the screenshot below. Any slight shake or move of the fone. A strong alarm is activated. password is needed to turn off the alarm. Who wan move my fone when I dey there?

1 Like

Re: Essential Android Apps! by raynold17(m): 2:52pm On Sep 14, 2012
Mafia4life: Dont mind them. I do not get worried of loosing my fone when on charge in public or crowd. I simply turn on this app that has the screenshot below. Any slight shake or move of the fone. A strong alarm is activated. password is needed to turn off the alarm. Who wan move my fone when I dey there?
love this app

1 Like

Re: Essential Android Apps! by raynold17(m): 8:31pm On Sep 14, 2012
need a really good beat maker app help with links
Re: Essential Android Apps! by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 15, 2012
BlackBaron:

Can't say its happened to me before.Go to.settings - application - power amp and clear the app cache.

Bout Google play server error. Clear data for Play store and Google services framework then reboot and it will work.
WAO! Bros/Sis, thanks a lot, I followed your suggestion and my poweramp is now working. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Essential Android Apps! by Donlokobanty(m): 11:37am On Sep 15, 2012
Wats d name of that app screenshot above

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

15 Funny But True Experiences We've All Had On Whatsapp (with Pictures) / Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off / Advice On Power Bank For Phone Charging

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.