Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,856 members, 7,952,477 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 04:06 PM

Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? (5385 Views)

Policeman Tries To Stop A Moving Tanker By Climbing In Through The Window / Nairalanders To Be Careful Of This 2016: Waveskaaya, Lamideee and Moz22 / 5 Nairalanders To Be Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Ignatio(m): 2:38pm On Jun 02, 2012
Remove the anonymity? With the tribal war and bullets of insults been fired murder rate will surely increase.

2 Likes

Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Obijulius: 2:41pm On Jun 02, 2012
Asking a masked man who he is?
Joke!!!
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by segunjowo(m): 2:44pm On Jun 02, 2012
Seun: let us be able to PM any member we fancy rather than the MODs alone.
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 02, 2012
PrinceDudu:

very funny, same fellow would also be anonymous here and taking the shit personal. angry abeg keep being invicible jor.

There are many psychopaths on NL. . . . grin grin
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by EfemenaXY: 3:06pm On Jun 02, 2012
ogbeche77:
You may be right, as I also think someone like debosky is in his early 50's, enjoying his pension with his kids in Toronto, Ogugua88 schools in upper Alaska, BEAF is Reno Omokri:Special adviser to GEJ on new media, Mclatunji is the baba adinni of the local mosque in his community, Ileke idi has never visited Nigeria, she spends alot of time on local websites, no wonder she knows the little about ekiti today, Idowuogbo happens to be a introvert, her character in real life is a complete opposite of what we know on nairaland

ROFLMAO!!

Now you really cracked me up with that! grin grin grin grin

But yes, I agree with the majority on this thread - anonymity all the way else I'm off nl for good! cheesy
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Donmeca(m): 3:07pm On Jun 02, 2012
Excelboi: Why should you know others anonymity? I don't buy the idea, it could lead to stalking and expose members to dangers.

Pls what is anonymity here? I seem to be lost by this post.
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Yorisb: 3:16pm On Jun 02, 2012
ogbeche77:
You may be right, as I also think someone like debosky is in his early 50's, enjoying his pension with his kids in Toronto, Ogugua88 schools in upper Alaska, BEAF is Reno Omokri:Special adviser to GEJ on new media, Mclatunji is the baba adinni of the local mosque in his community, Ileke idi has never visited Nigeria, she spends alot of time on local websites, no wonder she knows the little about ekiti today, Idowuogbo happens to be a introvert, her character in real life is a complete opposite of what we know on nairaland

grin grin
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by habayommy: 3:32pm On Jun 02, 2012
Ekowise: Everytin hs an objective attachd 2 it.
Remove ANONIMITY, d Objective & Fun of NairaLand is gone.

I really love NL τ̅ђё way it is...ANONYMITY ALL Τ̅ЂЁ WAY
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 02, 2012
Yorisb:

grin grin
Thank u for confirming the bolded
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by blackb2(m): 4:07pm On Jun 02, 2012
~Bluetooth:

So that NL ibos can come after me abi ? grin

u go fear FEAR nah gringringrin
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Jaykizz(m): 4:22pm On Jun 02, 2012
ogbeche77:

JEEEZZ! U myt b corekt oo...esp to dat of idowuogbo n ileke-idi.
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by tpia5: 4:23pm On Jun 02, 2012
okeyxyz:

what states & countries are these

cant remember but it was in the news.

i think its a good idea.
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Jaykizz(m): 4:27pm On Jun 02, 2012
~Bluetooth:

None of the above but I'm untouchable.I get lot of threats even some guy traced my Ip to my fb account,then I told him you aint gonna get to me !

So na jus mouth u get...otie le rara. Shiiioooorrr!
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by 9zeros(m): 4:38pm On Jun 02, 2012
noooo! wat if my wife stalk me con catch me dey flirt?
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by 9zeros(m): 4:40pm On Jun 02, 2012
Ignatio: Remove the anonymity? With the tribal war and bullets of insults been fired murder rate will surely increase.
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by 2bey(m): 4:44pm On Jun 02, 2012
The anonymity has offered an expensive privilege of spouting our thoughts no matter how painful it might sound to the listener, Seun will do well not to change it (personally I don't think he will). As regards knowing people more, that's kind of shallow, most Nairalanders do not want stalkers, chauvinistic or interesting (if such does exist)

1 Like

Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 02, 2012
Av been watching u and Mr Globe...am sure he will be d first to track you down
~Bluetooth:

So that NL ibos can come after me abi ? grin
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by StarrMatthieu: 5:10pm On Jun 02, 2012
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by tpia5: 5:37pm On Jun 02, 2012
2bey: The anonymity has offered an expensive privilege of spouting our thoughts no matter how painful it might sound to the listener, Seun will do well not to change it (personally I don't think he will).

the choice or decision isnt necessarily his.
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Koolking(m): 5:53pm On Jun 02, 2012
I think the anonymity gives pple the impetus to air their opinion without qualm. I vote a 'yes' to NL Anonymity. There are many ways to get to knw whoever you find interesting here

1 Like

Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by dasparrow: 5:53pm On Jun 02, 2012
2bey: The anonymity has offered an expensive privilege of spouting our thoughts no matter how painful it might sound to the listener, Seun will do well not to change it (personally I don't think he will). As regards knowing people more, that's kind of shallow, most Nairalanders do not want stalkers, chauvinistic or interesting (if such does exist)

Well said

LeoMax: I dont know for others, for me, moment there is less anonymity, I am off.

Same here

Ignatio: Remove the anonymity? With the tribal war and bullets of insults been fired murder rate will surely increase.

Ain't that the truth
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by tpia5: 6:01pm On Jun 02, 2012
the question of utilitarianism isnt always based on individualism, or individual preferences.

those behind the internet have unleashed a monster, and as such, they need to do their best to start fixing this, now.

1 Like

Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Idowuogbo(f): 6:10pm On Jun 02, 2012
ogbeche77:

Ogbefi! If I catch u! Lmaooooo!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by chucky234(m): 6:12pm On Jun 02, 2012
Though my username was carved from my real name "Chuck" and the my real pic is also there as my profile picture,as a phone,laptop and appliances dealer I have been able to meet many NLanders in the last few years.

Anonymity as few have expressed is the open secret of NL success,you take that away you pull NL down.

1 Like

Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by tpia5: 6:17pm On Jun 02, 2012
and what is the secret of facebook's success?
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 02, 2012
If you remove the anonymity then you destroy the essence of what makes NL fun. I would not want to be here if i know it would give others undue access to my private life.

2 Likes

Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 02, 2012
tpia@:
and what is the secret of facebook's success?

Bored teenagers and the fact that a large number of Americans possess no form of social skills and would rather make 1500 "friends" online than have one in the real world.

1 Like

Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by shizzle11(m): 6:56pm On Jun 02, 2012
That's its uniqueness, Take away anonimity on NL and there'l be no difference with fb

1 Like

Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Seun(m): 7:08pm On Jun 02, 2012
segunjowo: Seun: let us be able to PM any member we fancy rather than the MODs alone.
You can do this, but only if they fancy you back wink

2 Likes

Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by freecocoa(f): 7:16pm On Jun 02, 2012
Excelboi: Why should you know others anonymity? I don't buy the idea, it could lead to stalking and expose members to dangers.
You have say everythings,very corrects. grin grin grin
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by freecocoa(f): 7:20pm On Jun 02, 2012
yusuf baba: I thnk NL is o.k d way it is...if u fancy a members commnt,maturity,interest...u can email him nd if vise varsl he/can contact u...personally
I contact you personally but is like you don't vise varsl it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OMG!! Can You Eat These Creepy Baby Shower Cakes On Your Birthday?? [PHOTOS] / World Scary And Dangerous Roads / Eleven Eleven Eleven 11 – 11 – 11 Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.