Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,876 members, 7,952,568 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 06:21 PM

Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? (5386 Views)

Policeman Tries To Stop A Moving Tanker By Climbing In Through The Window / Nairalanders To Be Careful Of This 2016: Waveskaaya, Lamideee and Moz22 / 5 Nairalanders To Be Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Skoopy(m): 7:22pm On Jun 02, 2012
PrettyCindy: Ok. Thanks all. I get what you all are trying to say. Even i appreciate and enjoy the privacy.
Maybe in the nearest future, there will be an overall updating of nairaland to look like face book BUT THIS ANONYMOUS FORUM WILL STILL BE OPEN. There will be no single connection or similarity between your true identity and your fake username. Nairaland will get there.
hey Cindy, maybe we two can start by being intimate offline...knw wat i mean?
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Odunnu: 7:23pm On Jun 02, 2012
Remove anonymity? Hell NO! I'll hate to wake up one morning with born2fork on my door.

3 Likes

Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Afam4eva(m): 7:32pm On Jun 02, 2012
The early years of nairaland saw people giving away vital information which included their names, location etc but as the tribal tension on Nairaland heightened, it will be suicidal to give anyone such information. You don't want people like Fstranger to Fstrangle you in your home or Al_harem declaring a Jihad on vocal Igbo nairalanders or Bittyend raping as many Igbo girls he can lay his hands on. There are also political and blood thirsty individuals that are looking for people to kill. Take away the anonymity and you won't want to mess with Beaf(PDP) or Ekoile(ACN). Na everyday we go just dey hear say nairalander don die. Btw, has the Chicago police discovered who killed Bawomolo?

1 Like

Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Odunnu: 7:39pm On Jun 02, 2012
afam4eva: The early years of nairaland saw people giving away vital information which included their names, location etc but as the tribal tension on Nairaland heightened, it will be suicidal to give anyone such information. You don't want people like Fstranger to Fstrangle you in your home or Al_harem declaring a Jihad on vocal Igbo nairalanders or Bittyend raping as many Igbo girls he can lay his hands on. There are also political and blood thirsty individuals that are looking for people to kill. Take away the anonymity and you won't want to mess with Beaf(PDP) or Ekoile(ACN). Na everyday we go just dey hear say nairalander don die. Btw, has the Chicago police discovered who killed Bawomolo?
Yea! Are you suggesting a NLndr did him?
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by freecocoa(f): 7:42pm On Jun 02, 2012
Please can you people not bring up dead nairalanders?thank you.

1 Like

Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Reference(m): 7:45pm On Jun 02, 2012
Double edged sword. Sometimes to address a topic or respond to an individual properly one needs to know in what context one is speaking or to what kind of audience. It can potentially reduce the poisonous vitriol if for instance your audience are in essence toddlers, however it can also become more personal, more intimate and more dangerous. Hey, if it isn't broken, shut the toolbox.

1 Like

Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by maclatunji: 7:49pm On Jun 02, 2012
Kai, I have been discovered. Shakes head in dismay.
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Afam4eva(m): 7:50pm On Jun 02, 2012
Odunnu:
Yea! Are you suggesting a NLndr did him?
No ne for my mouth you hear am. It was just a BTW question.
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Odunnu: 7:53pm On Jun 02, 2012
Just wondering too. How did it just cross your mind. Do you know something I dont know?
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Tinyemeka(m): 8:31pm On Jun 02, 2012
The crazy NL tribalists would never give up their anonymity for anything in the world.

By the way, what would you need my real names for? Facebook? LinkedIn? There are some people on this site, who I believe will have no qualms about revealing their identity. Siena for one. People who have nothing to hide or hide from.

People prefer this anonymity thingy to unleash all these unimaginable hatred and meanness that they wouldn't attempt in real life. Utter fakeness that doesn't come close to being an avatar. Na una sabi.
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Tinyemeka(m): 8:35pm On Jun 02, 2012
Odunnu: Remove anonymity? Hell NO! I'll hate to wake up one morning with born2fork on my door.

LOL. Or 190.
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Tinyemeka(m): 8:37pm On Jun 02, 2012
afam4eva: There are also political and blood thirsty individuals that are looking for people to kill. Take away the anonymity and you won't want to mess with Beaf(PDP) or Ekoile(ACN). Na everyday we go just dey hear say nairalander don die. Btw, has the Chicago police discovered who killed Bawomolo?

How did he die?
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by manny4life(m): 9:33pm On Jun 02, 2012
Me, I want more... the more the better

BTW, I have a question though, when I have pending PM's, why does it deliver directly to my email?

Tinyemeka:

How did he die?

He was shot here in the U.S. in Chicago... If you do a search on NL archives, you will find the breaking news of his death...
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Odunnu: 9:53pm On Jun 02, 2012
Tinyemeka:

LOL. Or 190.
That would be worse!
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by malc619(m): 10:22pm On Jun 02, 2012
Some time ago on NL, I had to reprimand an officer for addressing his civilian counterparts with derogatory words. If I wasn't anonymous can Ʊ guys tell me what might have happened. He's in PH while I'm in Delta...
Anonymity is what makes NL what it ‎​Ȋ̝̊̅$....
Removing ‎​it Ȋ̝̊̅$ like removing a man's D̶̲̥̅̊!ck ‎​Άŋϑ giving him a Banana as a replacement..

1 Like

Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jun 02, 2012
maclatunji: Kai, I have been discovered. Shakes head in dismay.
I no talk am... Baba adinni
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 02, 2012
ogbeche77:
You may be right, as I also think someone like debosky is in his early 50's, enjoying his pension with his kids in Toronto, Ogugua88 schools in upper Alaska, BEAF is Reno Omokri:Special adviser to GEJ on new media, Mclatunji is the baba adinni of the local mosque in his community, Ileke idi has never visited Nigeria, she spends alot of time on local websites, no wonder she knows the little about ekiti today, Idowuogbo happens to be a introvert, her character in real life is a complete opposite of what we know on nairaland
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by kandiikane(m): 10:38pm On Jun 02, 2012
Efemena_xy:

I feel you sister.

But even so, there's no guarantee that people would actually do all that and be 100% truthful. Whilst your intentions might be honourable, the reality is there are others out there with less than honourable intentions. I'm referring to scammers, fraudsters, opportunists and the likes.

Being on an anonymous faceless forum gives people the chance to let go of any reservations they have and to project images of themselves - as what they might secretly want to be seen as - but in reality could be quite the opposite. It's all good fun at the end of the day, but like CC rightly mentioned, one has to be extremely careful here.

Heck! Moremi even pointed out in an earlier thread that for all we know, Jenny could infact be an elderly white male - and Moremi for all we know too, could even be an underaged teenage girl from Haiti using the only computer available in a remote village to come online sef grin

(Jeez, I hope neither of them see this o!) cheesy cheesy

Lool, at the last line. grin

I say keep the anonymity. If you want to get to know anyone more you always have other sources, I.e facebook, skype, twitter, mobile number etc
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by tpia5: 11:14pm On Jun 02, 2012
davidylan: If you remove the anonymity then you destroy the essence of what makes NL fun. I would not want to be here if i know it would give others undue access to my private life.

logging on the internet or using a computer, gives others undue access to your private life.
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by tpia5: 11:18pm On Jun 02, 2012
davidylan:

Bored teenagers and the fact that a large number of Americans possess no form of social skills and would rather make 1500 "friends" online than have one in the real world.

most americans socialize intensely, and so far i havent seen anything to disprove this fact.

and facebook's 900 million users arent made up of only americans.
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by maclatunji: 11:28pm On Jun 02, 2012
ogbeche77:
I no talk am... Baba adinni
LOL. Don't mind him O. Don't discourage my potential sweethearts.
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by kandiikane(m): 2:13am On Jun 03, 2012
Seun: You can do this, but only if they fancy you back wink

Lool
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by gulfer: 7:21am On Jun 03, 2012
Seun has provided the sen email function now, so use it to initiate private communication with any you are besotted with.

1 Like

Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by dguy2(m): 8:24am On Jun 03, 2012
@Cindy i commend u 4 bringing up dis topic. my take, almost evry1 here hs a fbk account whr dey revealed demselves, so dis place is cool 4 anonymity. u may stil make som real friends here over time... bt d opportunity 2 express oneself freely is d luxury dat NL brings. side note: u can make dis more fun by adding a poll to it. let us vote!!!!
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Lisa1: 9:18am On Jun 03, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]many thanks
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by ndidibabe(f): 9:54am On Jun 03, 2012
jamace:

My reserve, I comment. grin
I, my reserve, comment! grin
jamace:

My reserve, I comment. grin
I, my reserve, comment!
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 03, 2012
ndidibabe: I, my reserve, comment! ;DI, my reserve, comment!
Comment my, Reserve I
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by PrettyCindy(f): 10:37am On Jun 03, 2012
d-guy:
@Cindy i commend u 4 bringing up dis topic. my take, almost evry1 here hs a fbk account whr dey revealed demselves, so dis place is cool 4 anonymity. u may stil make som real friends here over time... bt d opportunity 2 express oneself freely is d luxury dat NL brings. side note: u can make dis more fun by adding a poll to it. let us vote!!!!

Did you say vote? hahahahaha nobody go gree ooooooo. its ok............anonymity all the way........
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by PrettyCindy(f): 10:41am On Jun 03, 2012
d-guy:

Still i will like it if he makes provision in our profile section where nairalanders can indicate their marital status and possibly age group i.e. age range 18-25, 26-30,30-35, 36-40 etc.

1 Like

Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Phrankin(m): 6:29am On Jun 04, 2012
Dear Seun, i will suggest that the birthdays today on the homepage be removed. It's clogging up the homepage and unnecessary since there's no longer a friending feature. More suggestion coming soon. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Nobody: 4:12am On Jun 06, 2012
ogbeche77:
You may be right, as I also think someone like debosky is in his early 50's, enjoying his pension with his kids in Toronto, Ogugua88 schools in upper Alaska, BEAF is Reno Omokri:Special adviser to GEJ on new media, Mclatunji is the baba adinni of the local mosque in his community,[b] Ileke idi has never visited Nigeria, she spends alot of time on local websites, no wonder she knows the little about ekiti today, [/b]Idowuogbo happens to be a introvert, her character in real life is a complete opposite of what we know on nairaland

Swwety, I was born and raised in Ekiti state.

Are you mad because I am proud to claim Ekiti state?

Fake investigators.
Re: Less Anonymity: Is It Possible For Nairalanders To Stop Being Aliens? by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 06, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Swwety, I was born and raised in Ekiti state.

Are you mad because I am proud to claim Ekiti state?

Fake investigators.
Lollz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

World Scary And Dangerous Roads / Eleven Eleven Eleven 11 – 11 – 11 Date / Power Bank Electrocuted A Girl To Death ( Graphic Photo )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.