Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,164 members, 7,890,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 02:13 AM

GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity (3261 Views)

Diezani: The London Angle Is A Masterstroke / Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! / Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by nduchucks: 11:55am On Jun 02, 2012
In an act which many believe is ill-timed, not well thought-out, illegal, and an attempt to divide the SW, GEJ has succeeded in changing the political game, albeit accidentally. All of a sudden, calls for the prosecution of fuel subsidy thieves have disappeared, the N155billion scandal, and several other national issues have been placed on the back burner and replaced by the "outrage" of renaming Unilag. Even Tinubu publicly announced that the renaming of Unilag was a welcome development, effectively silencing further opposition by SWers to GEJ's act.

Are we now seeing a GEJ who after seeming to have outsmarted Northern politicians and thieves, has now initiated his plans for the recapture of the SW by PDP? The whole thing seems accidental to be, but one thing seems certain, this man, GEJ, is one lucky fellow.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by Beaf: 12:14pm On Jun 02, 2012
It is important for GEJ's opponents to continue calling him names like "coward," "weakling," "retardeen" etc.
It is only in Nigeria that a quiet person is regarded as foolish; this is despite the fact that quiet people are much more intelligent than the average person and the fact that 60% of geniuses are quiet.

It helps to be underestimated.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by canuck(m): 12:24pm On Jun 02, 2012
@ OP & Beaf - Assuming you're right, and GEJ is one helluva maestro politician - Are you praising him for shifting the national discourse from serious matters to trivialities?

Is such an underhanded move, if true, worth commending?
Re: GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by Beaf: 12:27pm On Jun 02, 2012
^
I have not praised GEJ for anything. Don't put words in my mouth.
All I've done is comment on the way Nigerians think.
Re: GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by Desola(f): 12:30pm On Jun 02, 2012
ndu_chucks: In an act which many believe is ill-timed, not well thought-out, illegal, and an attempt to divide the SW, GEJ has succeeded in changing the political game, albeit accidentally. All of a sudden, calls for the prosecution of fuel subsidy thieves have disappeared, the N155billion scandal, and several other national issues have been placed on the back burner and replaced by the "outrage" of renaming Unilag. Even Tinubu publicly announced that the renaming of Unilag was a welcome development, effectively silencing further opposition by SWers to GEJ's act.

Are we now seeing a GEJ who after seeming to have outsmarted Northern politicians and thieves, has now initiated his plans for the recapture of the SW by PDP? The whole thing seems accidental to be, but one thing seems certain, this man, GEJ, is one lucky fellow.

I really do not understand your deduction of GEJ's sinister moves to recapture the SW. If it wouldn't be too much of an effort, can you please expatiate on how his infamous decision to change the name of a prestigious university now conotes the deliverance of the SW to the PDP?

I don't get it.
Re: GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by jmaine: 1:00pm On Jun 02, 2012
ndu_chucks: In an act which many believe is ill-timed, not well thought-out, illegal, and an attempt to divide the SW, GEJ has succeeded in changing the political game, albeit accidentally. All of a sudden, calls for the prosecution of fuel subsidy thieves have disappeared, the N155billion scandal, and several other national issues have been placed on the back burner and replaced by the "outrage" of renaming Unilag. Even Tinubu publicly announced that the renaming of Unilag was a welcome development, effectively silencing further opposition by SWers to GEJ's act.

100 % affirmed . . . . .GEJ UNILAG - MAUL renaming stunts is akin to the double edged sword . . . . Where both sides holds maximum threat . . .
The renaming move dented his reputation a bit . . but .the dent was out done by the sweeping political debate & furor the renaming has caused . .his "fatal" critics now chose their words carefully lest they get burnt on this "ill timed" renaming stunts . .

I met some students yesterday and they expressed displeasure that the SW governors were neither here nor there in their stance against this move . . .My Governor, Oga Fayemi was particularly singled out and mentioned, being a UNILAG alumni . . .and i calmly told them that, the game is deeper than their said protest and displeasure over the name change . . .The grass roots peeps who constitute the bulk of the electorates , of which most don't even care much about the name UNILAG, but revere and respect MKO and what he stood for . . .

So how do one expect the politicians to sacrifice their huge grassroot following to a few segment in the SW which are the UNILAG community . . .

And yes, it was an accidental master stroke by GEJ . . . A move that caught the opposition on the wrong footing . cheesy

1 Like

Re: GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by nduchucks: 1:12pm On Jun 02, 2012
Desola:

I really do not understand your deduction of GEJ's sinister moves to recapture the SW. If it wouldn't be too much of an effort, can you please expatiate on how his infamous decision to change the name of a prestigious university now conotes the deliverance of the SW to the PDP?

I don't get it.

Dear Desola, please reread my post more carefully. I did not say that the name change conotes the delivery of the SW to the PDP, I merely asked this question: Are we now seeing a GEJ who after seeming to have outsmarted Northern politicians and thieves, has now initiated his plans for the recapture of the SW by PDP? The keyword in the question is "initiate".

@jmaine, I dey gbadun you today.
Re: GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by Rad1cal: 7:03pm On Jun 02, 2012

Good overall view cool
Re: GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by OAM4J: 9:08pm On Jun 02, 2012

ndu_chucks I expected you to know better. This move has not benefited Jonathan in any way. Imagine the thousands of UNILAG students and alumni with their sympathizers who before now still think something good can come out of Jonathan that would have written him off as clueless and visionless. And we are talking of people of voting age. This move has only reduce his support base if anything and reinforced the camp of his opposition who had already written him off.

Also the temporary shift of focus from the calls on Jonathan to fight corruption will work against him in the future. It will be on record that there was massive corruption under his government and he did nothing about it. It would have been better for him for the calls to be sustained and he carries out some cosmetic fight against corruption...ala OBJ style. When the time comes and when it matter most he will be reminded of his inability to fight corruption.

Either way IMO, his advisers are more clueless than him.

1 Like

Re: GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by koruji(m): 10:36pm On Jun 02, 2012
Who is the quiet person you are refering to here? Abeg comot make I see front.

A president and his incompetent assistants who take every adverse comment up the nose are not going to amount to much. Word.

Ask yourself one question: Why is it that GEJ is always a maestro only when he seems to be playing the political game? When it comes to affecting the lifes of real Nigerians all we hear are he. .he. . he. . . . . . .

Please don't bastardize the word genius for the world, afterall all knees are already bowing to your lord "GEJ".

Genius ko, Genievive ni - so much pseudo-intellectuals floating around Nigeria.

Beaf: It is important for GEJ's opponents to continue calling him names like "coward," "weakling," "retardeen" etc.
It is only in Nigeria that a quiet person is regarded as foolish; this is despite the fact that quiet people are much more intelligent than the average person and the fact that 60% of geniuses are quiet.

Re: GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by koruji(m): 10:37pm On Jun 02, 2012
You and this sneaky, satirical comments. Whoever is taking this your "comment" seriously must have a blinder on.

Re: GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by emiye(m): 11:05pm On Jun 02, 2012
OAM4J:

ndu_chucks I expected you to know better. This move has not benefited Jonathan in any way. Imagine the thousands of UNILAG students and alumni with their sympathizers who before now still think something good can come out of Jonathan that would have written him off as clueless and visionless. And we are talking of people of voting age. This move has only reduce his support base if anything and reinforced the camp of his opposition who had already written him off.

Also the temporary shift of focus from the calls on Jonathan to fight corruption will work against him in the future. It will be on record that there was massive corruption under his government and he did nothing about it. It would have been better for him for the calls to be sustained and he carries out some cosmetic fight against corruption...ala OBJ style. When the time comes and when it matter most he will be reminded of his inability to fight corruption.

Either way IMO, his advisers are more clueless than him.

I agree with the bolded, i was surprised today to hear my barber really upset about GEJ;s move, he saw through the ruse
Re: GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by Tyche(m): 11:54pm On Jun 02, 2012
People do underrate GEJ. It was not only luck/fate that got him to where he is now, he must have schemed his way through. The only problem is that he has failed to impact on the lives of many ordinary Nigerians esp those who braved alot of odds to vote him in.
Re: GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by dayokanu(m): 12:21am On Jun 03, 2012
So retardeen used the school renaming to take the discourse away from his apparent cluelessness and corrupt nature
Re: GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by babapupa: 12:29am On Jun 03, 2012
Desola:

I don't get it.

I don't get it either. Is it not the other way around? Talk about upside down logic.
Re: GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by nduchucks: 12:48am On Jun 03, 2012
OAM4J:
This move has not benefited Jonathan in any way. Imagine the thousands of UNILAG students and alumni with their sympathizers who before now still think something good can come out of Jonathan that would have written him off as clueless and visionless

I disagree with this. Jonathan gas benefited from this move by diverting attention away from his lack of tangible achievements, the Justice Salami saga, the N155billion debacle, Boko Haram, e.t.c. The SW leaders who have been his chief critics are now spending their time and energy on this Unilag issue.

Given the treatment of fuel subsidy protesters in Lagos and several other actions by GEJ, every UNILAG student should have written GEJ off already, if not, those students must be dullards.

OAM4J:
Also the temporary shift of focus from the calls on Jonathan to fight corruption will work against him in the future. It will be on record that there was massive corruption under his government and he did nothing about it.

lol at the above. You’ve forgotten that Nigerians have a very short memory. Prior to now, there have been massive corruption under every civilian government, yet each President was reelected. The electorate is not as sophisticated as those of western nations at the moment. At election time, if a candidate spends enough money to buy rice, clothes, gifts, e.t.c. for voters, the voters will not remember any massive corruption. More than 80% of the electorate is a not a University graduate and is unaware of these issues and the issues will not affect how they vote. Sad but true.

The only thing that will save us now is to get PDP out of office at all costs.

With this renaming, GEJ has succeeded in exposing SW leaders, with the exception of Tinubu who said GEJ’s action was welcome, as hypocrites. When OBJ took steps for eight years to wipe the name of Abiola out of the annals of our history with spite and contempt, these leaders including Afe Babalola did not see it fit to raise any objections, they are now screaming blue murder. SMH.

I would have been more impressed if the objections of the SW leaders were because MKO Abiola played a major role in the corruption and decay of Nigeria and does not merit UNILAG to be named after him. These complaints about the illegality of the renaming is dishonest at best. These critics have quickly forgotten that Otuoke and eight other villages got fresh varsities by executive fiat recently, only to have NASS ratification later. Why wouldn’t the same be true in the case of renaming Unilag?

The SW leaders should be bold enough to tell us the real reason for their objections.
Re: GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by Beaf: 1:12am On Jun 03, 2012
koruji: Who is the quiet person you are refering to here? Abeg comot make I see front.

A president and his incompetent assistants who take every adverse comment up the nose are not going to amount to much. Word.

Ask yourself one question: Why is it that GEJ is always a maestro only when he seems to be playing the political game? When it comes to affecting the lifes of real Nigerians all we hear are he. .he. . he. . . . . . .

Please don't bastardize the word genius for the world, afterall all knees are already bowing to your lord "GEJ".

Genius ko, Genievive ni - so much pseudo-intellectuals floating around Nigeria.

And here I was thinking you had germinated between too many rocks and stones to learn! I see great progress! grin
Re: GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by tpia5: 1:18am On Jun 03, 2012
ignore this d.aft beaf and connect the dots, people.

there's a lot playing out here.

think bowler hat.
Re: GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by tpia5: 1:19am On Jun 03, 2012
poster, what's your point?

you seem stronger when it comes to igbo matters, than yoruba ones. ie you dont seem to get the hang of yoruba though you do igbo.

anyway, nothing new.
Re: GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by Beaf: 1:35am On Jun 03, 2012
tpia@:
ignore this d.aft beaf and connect the dots, people.

there's a lot playing out here.

think bowler hat.

Winsh, wazzup na? grin
Re: GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by tpia5: 1:41am On Jun 03, 2012
Beaf:

my Winsh mama, wazzup na? grin

grin

lagosuuuuu
Re: GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by koruji(m): 2:07am On Jun 03, 2012
Yes, he is a schemer that much is clear now. But once you are outed as a schemer, your schemes become nothingness.

The wind has blown, it is not that difficult to see the backside of the hen anymore!

Tyche: People do underrate GEJ. It was not only luck/fate that got him to where he is now, he must have schemed his way through. The only problem is that he has failed to impact on the lives of many ordinary Nigerians esp those who braved alot of odds to vote him in.
Re: GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by koruji(m): 2:27am On Jun 03, 2012
You have your own agenda, and you are simply using GEJ's action to promote it. The funny thing is you play it both ways well enough that Beaf thinks you are supporting GEJ. Truth.

Below you say "with the exception of Tinubu" - but you forgot that even Tinubu suggested there are better ways to honor Abiola. Plus, this exposes your hypocrisy, many other leaders have come out openly in support of the name change.

Tinubu actually captured the feeling of the SW. There is no hypocrisy about Abiola in the SW - we lover Abiola and what he represented in the June 12 struggle.

The hyprocrisy part is your agenda - please carry it somewhere else.

Most interesting however is the part where you said: "I would have been more impressed if the objections of the SW leaders were because MKO Abiola played a major role in the corruption and decay of Nigeria". You would have loved that the most won't you? It would have been a perfect fit for your agenda - this is why I said you are really an operative.

FYI, whatever corruption Abiola could be accused of most Nigerian leaders and those you shelter with are worse offenders. We operate a corrupt system of things in Nigeria in which even the newborn is almost certainly blemished by the time we hear the first cry.

The difference between Abiola and the rest was that he was truly noble. He gave his life fighting in a peaceful manner for his mandate against the evil regime of Abacha cool cool cool. There is no greater love, Jesus said, that a man give his life for his fellowmen. That is why he deserved more than UNILAG. He had billions he could have thrown into a Nigeria-destroying fight, and frankly I am slightly mad that he didn't, but have realized it was not the nature of the man.

Warning: let those who think the SW of today is there for them to use as their tool take note. It is not going to happen again - ever.

ndu_chucks:

I disagree with this. Jonathan gas benefited from this move by diverting attention away from his lack of tangible achievements, the Justice Salami saga, the N155billion debacle, Boko Haram, e.t.c. The SW leaders who have been his chief critics are now spending their time and energy on this Unilag issue.

Given the treatment of fuel subsidy protesters in Lagos and several other actions by GEJ, every UNILAG student should have written GEJ off already, if not, those students must be dullards.

lol at the above. You’ve forgotten that Nigerians have a very short memory. Prior to now, there have been massive corruption under every civilian government, yet each President was reelected. The electorate is not as sophisticated as those of western nations at the moment. At election time, if a candidate spends enough money to buy rice, clothes, gifts, e.t.c. for voters, the voters will not remember any massive corruption. More than 80% of the electorate is a not a University graduate and is unaware of these issues and the issues will not affect how they vote. Sad but true.

The only thing that will save us now is to get PDP out of office at all costs.

With this renaming, GEJ has succeeded in exposing SW leaders, with the exception of Tinubu who said GEJ’s action was welcome, as hypocrites. When OBJ took steps for eight years to wipe the name of Abiola out of the annals of our history with spite and contempt, these leaders including Afe Babalola did not see it fit to raise any objections, they are now screaming blue murder. SMH.

I would have been more impressed if the objections of the SW leaders were because MKO Abiola played a major role in the corruption and decay of Nigeria and does not merit UNILAG to be named after him. These complaints about the illegality of the renaming is dishonest at best. These critics have quickly forgotten that Otuoke and eight other villages got fresh varsities by executive fiat recently, only to have NASS ratification later. Why wouldn’t the same be true in the case of renaming Unilag?

The SW leaders should be bold enough to tell us the real reason for their objections.
Re: GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by nduchucks: 3:44am On Jun 03, 2012
koruji:

The difference between Abiola and the rest was that he was truly noble. He gave his life fighting in a peaceful manner for his mandate against the evil regime of Abacha cool cool cool.

I'd rather believe that you are speaking out of ignorance than deception, so I implore you to read up on MKO Abiola, his ITT contract, the looting of Liberia's $5billion a la IBB, e.t.c.

I'm very glad that you just opened a thread which exposes massive fraud in Nasarawa state wherein $113 in Paris club loan disappeared into thin air. I hope the perpetrators are caught and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Now lets assume the person responsible for this theft is never caught, as typical in Nigeria, and this person ends up in five years running for President, denied the office, and dies in jail like MKO, would you then call this common thief a noble man? I venture to say, of course not. Now imagine you calling a man who stole billions of dollars, a noble man!! It does not take a genius to know that your position is hypocritical.

Read how I really feel about MKO Abiola here

We need to stop worshiping these looters and thieves regardless of what part of Nigeria they are from.
Re: GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by koruji(m): 5:12am On Jun 03, 2012
I am of course aware of this criticism of the source of Abiola's wealth. The fact is that no case was ever brought against the man & for good reason too. I call him truly noble because unlike all the other looters Abiola was pre-eminent in: 1) The extent of his largesse to all and sundry; 2) He voluntarily laid down his life for what he believed in.

Now I am not doubting that he actually looted those funds, but as you yourself noted he had accomplices, including our much beloved Murtala Mohammed for whom we named the pre-eminent national airport. The other prominent player was the other bossom friend of his, IBB. We all know that all those guys along with OBJ, Abacha and Danjuma represented the group that essentially held Nigeria by the throat after the civil war. For reference, please read this for reference so you know that I understand the sordid nation called Nigeria very wellhttp://maxsiollun./2008/06/02/what-if-abiola-had-become-president/. Today, we are talking about President GEJ. Did he not get there due to the machinations of the same group of people? Are we not seeing blantant, almost open, stealing of government funds, even as GEJ thinks the next thing is to prepare for 2015?

For some reason, the group that is holding Nigeria by the throat decided to freeze Abiola out the way they have done to Buhari - even though they were part of this grand Nigerian "coalition".

In any case, you have no basis for suggesting that Abiola doesn't deserve a place to be named after him - that only serves your agenda. In my book, none of them would deserve a place named after them for what they have done to Nigeria. But as long as we cannot start from scratch (may be we could, but I don't know) and there is a Murtala Mohammed Airport then Abiola National Stadium would have made more sense. Abiola payed the ultimate price like Murtala Mohammed. There are many Mid-Westeners who cannot stand his name though - so what gives.

My points are: 1) Abiola redeemed himself with his last days - the way he spent the money on people when he had it, and the way he gave it all up suggest that he was truly noble at heart. Unlike the other "as.ses" who stole money, took it to swiss accounts, built top of the hill mansions for themselves, etc; 2) Yoruba and other SW (and other Nigerians should also) hold Abiola in high esteem for the principle of democracy represented by June 12th.

In Nigeria, the beautiful ones are just not yet born - and may never be!!!

ndu_chucks:

I'd rather believe that you are speaking out of ignorance than deception, so I implore you to read up on MKO Abiola, his ITT contract, the looting of Liberia's $5billion a la IBB, e.t.c.

I'm very glad that you just opened a thread which exposes massive fraud in Nasarawa state wherein $113 in Paris club loan disappeared into thin air. I hope the perpetrators are caught and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Now lets assume the person responsible for this theft is never caught, as typical in Nigeria, and this person ends up in five years running for President, denied the office, and dies in jail like MKO, would you then call this common thief a noble man? I venture to say, of course not. Now imagine you calling a man who stole billions of dollars, a noble man!! It does not take a genius to know that your position is hypocritical.

Read how I really feel about MKO Abiola here

We need to stop worshiping these looters and thieves regardless of what part of Nigeria they are from.
Re: GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by homerac7: 6:20am On Jun 03, 2012
@OP,

i agree completely wt u. i thought abt ds at d very moment i heard d info. it was a diversionary measure and nothing more. agin, i will go along wt @OAMJ, whatever short respite GEJ abd his accolades may have gained by ds move is only temporary. eventually, it MAY be d very rope ds will hang PDP in d south west. on d outstanding issue, i will say dt " d corpse they buried still has its feet outside". it will surely be revisited wt stronger bile
Re: GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by Onlytruth(m): 6:44am On Jun 03, 2012
lol, I'm disappointed that some of the people I thought smart fell for this classical ndu_chucks' trap again.

I warned my Igbo brothers to always read ndu_chucks' comments upside down and in OPPOSITES, or better yet flip all his comments first before reading. He is quite articulate in OPPOSITES.
He is a master strategist. cool
Re: GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by Onlytruth(m): 6:50am On Jun 03, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Never thought I'll see the day that ndu_chucks [/b]actually thinks that Jonathan is smart and powerful.
In fact the bolded words are making me to expect a sudden blinder from Jonathan soon; maybe a political move that would suck up to the North and stab his former supporters in the back.
This n[b]du_chucks'
kite is making me restless. sad
Re: GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by Kobojunkie: 7:06am On Jun 03, 2012
koruji:
The difference between Abiola and the rest was that he was truly noble. He gave his life fighting in a peaceful manner for his mandate against the evil regime of Abacha cool cool cool. There is no greater love, Jesus said, that a man give his life for his fellowmen. That is why he deserved more than UNILAG. He had billions he could have thrown into a Nigeria-destroying fight, and frankly I am slightly mad that he didn't, but have realized it was not the nature of the man.

. . . .
My points are: 1) Abiola redeemed himself with his last days - the way he spent the money on people when he had it, and the way he gave it all up suggest that he was truly noble at heart. Unlike the other "as.ses" who stole money, took it to swiss accounts, built top of the hill mansions for themselves, etc; 2) Yoruba and other SW (and other Nigerians should also) hold Abiola in high esteem for the principle of democracy represented by June 12th.

Noble my arse . . . the way people on here work hard at re-writing Nigeria's history, you would think Nigeria were indeed some country with so many good men.

Abiola was part of the system that helped bring us to where we are today- a system wrought with corruption from the very core and men who sought to fulfill their every selfish desires at the cost of the future of the Nigerian people. He didn't fight FOR anything. He probably thought things would not get as bad as they did. Those who are honest will admit that no one expected what happened. The day the nation heard that Abiola was dead, we are all in shock because we, like the Abiola team, did not expect that to happen at all. He probably underestimated Abacha, as all of Nigeria did when he took over from Shonekan.

I cannot for the life of me understand how any supposed intelligent being can posit that a man who stole away the chance at a better future from millions of Nigerians could simply redeem himself by spending some thousands of dollars on some poor people, and maybe fighting hard for to recover from being back stabbed by the very same dogs he used to run around with because the boot came down on him.
Re: GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by Kobojunkie: 7:18am On Jun 03, 2012
um . . . At post, could it just be the fact that Nigerian media, and populace are generally quite fickle, and easily distracted(very short attention span too). Yar adua,and Obasanjo also used the same tactic, quite often by the way, to distract the Nigerian people. Jonathan is not Master politician in this.
Re: GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by DaLover(m): 9:34am On Jun 03, 2012

Who r the outraged people? Does a section of Lagos amount to the whole country? The rest of Nigeria are going about their normal businesses and people dont want to enter classes..abeg jo to more important issues...does anybody know how much a bottle of groundnuts cost in ilorin?
Re: GEJ's Masterstroke Of Political Sagacity by Akanbiedu(m): 11:21am On Jun 03, 2012

Well, the overall purpose has been achieved in this case, that is to divert attention away from discussions bothering on his performance. Good for him. However, not exactly the way he wanted it.

He got Lagos votes in 2011 due to christian sentiments and now after the subsidy palaver, he is not too sure of that anymore. So he may be trying to bring back memories of injustice and betrayal of Abiola, by his supposed northern friends. This is an attempt on one hand to get SW support based on ethnic sentiment and on the other, create hatred for his northern rivals. If you asked me, the reaction that greeted the renaming did not produce the desired result in this case.

On the issue of whether Abiola deserved the honour or not, I think Koruji has done justice to that. The main point is, he stood by what he believed in and died for it. This is the most important thing in a man's life. If he had chickened out then, we would still be in military rule by now(good or bad is another issue entirely).

Beaf: It is important for GEJ's opponents to continue calling him names like "coward," "weakling," "retardeen" etc.

GEJ is actually VERY weak. What Nigerians will suffer from is his weakness, because he is going spend his tenure trying to show us that he is not WEAK.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: Boko Haram Invades Nafada In Gombe State,sacks Police Station 04/11/14 / President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For / House Of Rep Speakership - SW's Gbajabiamila Battles NE's Dogara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.