Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,838 members, 7,872,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:40 PM

Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? (12721 Views)

My Girlfriend Wants To Move Her Things Over & Start Living With Me / Reasons Why Living With Him Won't Get You An Engagement Ring / Dating When Marriage Is Not The Goal... Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Odunnu: 8:13pm On Jun 03, 2012
It wasnt a big deal for me. I grew up between two boys and they were either my big brother's friend or my lil brother's friend. My parents could swear I was a virgin.
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Mynd44: 8:23pm On Jun 03, 2012
Odunnu: It wasnt a big deal for me. I grew up between two boys and they were either my big brother's friend or my lil brother's friend. My parents could swear I was a virgin.
Could? So they were not sure.
Mine still think I am
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by kandiikane(m): 8:31pm On Jun 03, 2012
^lol, wait what? How old are you again?
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 03, 2012
Mynd_44:
Could? So they were not sure.
Mine still think I am

Same here grin
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 03, 2012
ekt_bear: So I'm out of town at my parents house for the week.

And I've come to the conclusion that if I still lived with them, my social life would kind of suck.

Like, how exactly does one go about dating and bringing guests over if you live with your parents or family?

I've never been in this situation fortunately since I've been out of the house ever since I started dating (19 or 20 was when I started "dating", I would say).

How do people in this situation deal with it?

I always imagine the same thing.

How can you show a girl your "swag" when your parents are always there and checking up on the time you get home? embarassed
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Ghydyon(m): 8:38pm On Jun 03, 2012
@mynd dont mind dem let dem continue 2 run dere mouth....Some pple are fools because d lack experience.
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by kilimanjaro(m): 9:18pm On Jun 03, 2012
Mynd_44:
How is a 20 year old kindergarten? Natasha is 17 and she is respected nah.
Na wa o. Do u imagine i don't know the meaning of a kindergarten or what? I already knew the meaning of a kindergarten, teenager, adolescent and adult when i was still a foetus!
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by mcnepow(m): 9:25pm On Jun 03, 2012
kilimanjaro:
Na wa o. Do u imagine i don't know the meaning of a kindergarten or what? I already knew the meaning of a kindergarten, teenager, adolescent and adult when i was still a foetus!
Foetus, n u knew al dat??
Now wey u be bros - u go be whiz kid! grin Or isit whiz bros? tongue
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by kilimanjaro(m): 9:46pm On Jun 03, 2012
mcnepow:
Foetus, n u knew al dat??
Now wey u be bros - u go be whiz kid! grin Or isit whiz bros? tongue
whiz bros
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Mynd44: 9:54pm On Jun 03, 2012
kilimanjaro:
I know you get the point. How can you say because he is 20, he is not fit to be in the romance section. If you said it based on mental ability that is a different issue.
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by biggiedol: 12:52am On Jun 04, 2012
Choi,see topic,see comments,anyway as I dey type dis so ma babe dey ma bed,she came to lagos for wedding nd we must spend time,so come pass d night nd na my parents house I dey so...
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Nobody: 3:07am On Jun 04, 2012
biggiedol: Choi,see topic,see comments,anyway as I dey type dis so ma babe dey ma bed,she came to lagos for wedding nd we must spend time,so come pass d night nd na my parents house I dey so...

undecided I doubt!
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by mcnepow(m): 6:25am On Jun 04, 2012
ekwah:

undecided I doubt!
Don't doubt it - some parents na Guymen wink
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Mynd44: 6:37am On Jun 04, 2012
Just don't keep your folks up with the noise
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Vicony4real(m): 6:58am On Jun 04, 2012
it depends on your kind of person !
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by KINGwax(m): 7:15am On Jun 04, 2012
You knw something kids, i wrote a poem in 2005, and won't mind doing it here again.
But before dt, listen up, when u grow up and have a kid of your own, don't protect him/her, allow them bring in all fucck and shitz in home, u might hold there legs while they get fucckd(for female child), or guide their waist as they trust(in case of a male).
As u all get deceived by d mentality of being matured, your posts and comments mostly on nairaland says you're jst a wanna be. As d older ones and they'll tell u d pain involved in what u think it's freedom. Freedom is abused, shld it really be u bringing in guests and dating? Shldnt it be abt doing somethin useful like creating blogs, writing, solving issues and thinkin of inventions without a parent askin u to bring d water or watch d cooking? Do u guys knw when bill gates left his house when his parents won't allow him pursue his dream? He didn't go abt chasing girls and partying.
The poem is simple:
GIRLFRIENDS LOOK FOR BOYFRIENDS,
GIRLFRIEND THINK IT'S FUNNY,
RUNNING AFTER THEIR BOYFRIENDS,
SOON THEY'LL BE A MUMMY!!
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Mynd44: 9:30am On Jun 04, 2012
That poem is short but nice
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by freenature: 10:01am On Jun 04, 2012
Wow to bring a guy home in my parents house is no problem in as much i can give an account of where i knew the fellow but for a lady if the person is well known to them no problem but i dear not trespass in their presence, and if its a new lady, after she's gone my mother calls me and start baptizing me with the word of God with the first question

1 . where did you know the lady you brought home?
2 . How did you two meet?
3 . I hope you've not had anything funny to do with her? e.t.c

Its so so funny even if you are above 23 as a guy and you are still with your parents men na so so interrogation every time u have a guest not to talk of a special1
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by benemeka: 11:14am On Jun 04, 2012
my pple, my own is getting out of hand. at my age nah(32yr) i cant confidently bring it any gurl in my place. In my uni days then, one babe visited me and my mum warned her verbally not 2 com near my house again. my parents especially my mum stil take me as a 15yrs old böy. i dont knw if bcös am d last çhild. they wont even allow me 2 get my own house. i really nid a solutión 2 dis
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 04, 2012
benemeka: my pple, my own is getting out of hand. at my age nah(32yr) i cant confidently bring it any gurl in my place. In my uni days then, one babe visited me and my mum warned her verbally not 2 com near my house again. my parents especially my mum stil take me as a 15yrs old böy. i dont knw if bcös am d last çhild. they wont even allow me 2 get my own house. i really nid a solutión 2 dis
Your case is serious, open your own thread, don't let us derail from the topic
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by DavOnyi(m): 11:39am On Jun 04, 2012
Dating while in ur parents house reduces the risk of making avoidable mistakes.
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by sophi(f): 11:41am On Jun 04, 2012
KINGwax: You knw something kids, i wrote a poem in 2005, and won't mind doing it here again.
But before dt, listen up, when u grow up and have a kid of your own, don't protect him/her, allow them bring in all fucck and shitz in home, u might hold there legs while they get fucckd(for female child), or guide their waist as they trust(in case of a male).
As u all get deceived by d mentality of being matured, your posts and comments mostly on nairaland says you're jst a wanna be. As d older ones and they'll tell u d pain involved in what u think it's freedom. Freedom is abused, shld it really be u bringing in guests and dating? Shldnt it be abt doing somethin useful like creating blogs, writing, solving issues and thinkin of inventions without a parent askin u to bring d water or watch d cooking? Do u guys knw when bill gates left his house when his parents won't allow him pursue his dream? He didn't go abt chasing girls and partying.
The poem is simple:
GIRLFRIENDS LOOK FOR BOYFRIENDS,
GIRLFRIEND THINK IT'S FUNNY,
RUNNING AFTER THEIR BOYFRIENDS,
SOON THEY'LL BE A MUMMY!!
this is nice one
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by osajojo(m): 1:10pm On Jun 04, 2012
4rm my last yr in secondary school to my nysc days i stayed with my parents and dated.its kinda fun cus no girl cums ova witat ur consent hence i had enuf gfs at same time witat fear of been caught. am done wit nysc in a few days and am goin bak to continue.
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Oluschenco(m): 1:29pm On Jun 04, 2012
I must tell u its kinda hell, wen parents will want to intrude your privacy, ask series of questions about d lady.
I passed thru it, its crazy mehn.
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by davades(m): 1:46pm On Jun 04, 2012
Omo then was hectic oOº°˚˚˚˚°ºO always with mum in da kitchen And her shop too,no time ƒσя anything,no male friend's visit not to talk of female...but trust me everything was been ϑƠ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡πe in d sch...thnx to a friend which their house is jes @d bck of our school. We sneaked in And out after break time. I'm a saint @home when it comes to ladies thing thou they knew I'm stubborn. I hate Holidays then it was like hell! Bur I'm nw free :p
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by ayobase(m): 2:21pm On Jun 04, 2012
slimyem: i never liked hide and seek so i used to bring my friends home...both male and female.
My dad had problems with the males at first and he would sermonise after every male visit.
With time,he let me do my thing although with a lot of sense.
I remember kissing some guy in the sitting room while we pretended we were reading a newspaper and my dad was watching tv.
The kiss was short and sweet just because it was sneakily done!cheesycheesy
apart from having to give a detailed account of every new face that comes around to my dad,i never really had issues dating in my parent's house!cheesy

There was issue.
The short kiss would have been a long kiss if u were not staying with ur parents......and d rest could be tale by sunlight!
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by ayobase(m): 2:23pm On Jun 04, 2012
Mynd_44: I think parents are more comfortable with their daughters bringing guy home cos they see it as a way to keep an eye on them but we guys, omo to even bring guys home sef na wahala.
Its as if they think every dude with black lips smokes weed.
And if God wan do am, close the door to your room when you have a female guest. They will come in every ten minutes pretending to be looking for something that is not missing

Walahi!
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Kassidy90(m): 3:18pm On Jun 04, 2012
My only prob den was my mum, not dat she dont wlkom my frnds, bt i ave 2 hide any lady dat visits me from my mum coz, my mum can analyze......, anytime she sees me wit any girl u hear my mum sayin, cant u c dat girl is 2 short, cant u c she has k leg, cant u c her teeth, all doz thin use 2 annoy me........even till now
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Kassidy90(m): 3:20pm On Jun 04, 2012
[quote author=ayobase]

rite on point bro
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Zulele: 3:40pm On Jun 04, 2012
My house was the 'face-me-I-face-you type' there was never a problem of a girl in my compound coming into our parlor. Life then,was very sweet and funny. Bleep that year too was very easy... Parlor,bathroom,behind the house,even at 10pm,parents were cool with us been outside as long as we are within the compound.
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Mynd44: 3:56pm On Jun 04, 2012
^^
good for you
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Ghydyon(m): 7:40pm On Jun 04, 2012
benemeka: my pple, my own is getting out of hand. at my age nah(32yr) i cant confidently bring it any gurl in my place. In my uni days then, one babe visited me and my mum warned her verbally not 2 com near my house again. my parents especially my mum stil take me as a 15yrs old böy. i dont knw if bcös am d last çhild. they wont even allow me 2 get my own house. i really nid a solutión 2 dis
u cant stay in a place and u xpect 2 move 4ward.I have witness such scenero nd best option i move out of ur parent house.Me wil fight it nw b4 it deprive me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Has Been Your Most Embarrassing Moment Ever / Girls Shows Her Pussy, Bleep Herself With Love Machine Ice Prince & OAP Dotun Reacts(Vid / Black Men's Penis Still Remains The Best In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.