Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,780 members, 7,969,312 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 03:52 AM

India Must Go - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / India Must Go (16253 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: India Must Go by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 05, 2012
ibadan1: Are you serious what planet do you live on, these people have carried out a catalogue of atrocities towards Nigerians, how many safety violations in the industries they control have maimed Nigerians and how many have they then dismissed with no compensation, ask any person who has worked in an Indian manufacturing company in Nigeria. Our complex knows no bounds

Why don't you hold your government accountable for not holding 'these people' accountable? How come a downgraded aircraft with a history of faults from it's original owners was given licence to fly? What does that tell you of your government's Aviation system? When would you hold ransom your government's nonchalant behavior to the preservation and sustenance of life?
Re: India Must Go by Koolking(m): 6:01pm On Jun 05, 2012
ibadan1: Are you serious what planet do you live on, these people have carried out a catalogue of atrocities towards Nigerians, how many safety violations in the industries they control have maimed Nigerians and how many have they then dismissed with no compensation, ask any person who has worked in an Indian manufacturing company in Nigeria. Our complex knows no bounds

Are you martian? You speak like one sir. Its very obvious, you have allowed sentiments to cloud your reasoning. You can only imagine how many death the indians alone have saved in this country of ours. The Aswani alone has created more jobs in Lagos than the Lagos state govt. If you send the Indians packing would you survive the onslaught of violence crimes and youth restiveness due to unbridled unemployment? Ref the bold: becos the govt does not care a hoot about its citizens. Anti-labour practices prevail becos the govt compromises and looks the other way. I can beat my heart and inform you that Nigerians at the helm of affairs in these companies are the instigators becos they dont care about their fellow citizens but their selfish gains. Those Nigerians have perfected the life of slave masters. Stop giving a dog a bad in order to hang it. Let's be objective in reasoning.

Any way, thank you for the attention.
Re: India Must Go by ikeyman00(m): 6:02pm On Jun 05, 2012
ibadan1

: Are you serious what planet do you live on, these people have carried out a catalogue of atrocities towards Nigerians, how many safety violations in the industries they control have maimed Nigerians and how many have they then dismissed with no compensation, ask any person who has worked in an Indian manufacturing company in Nigeria. Our complex knows no bounds

correct!!
Re: India Must Go by gbadexy(m): 6:05pm On Jun 05, 2012
ibadan1: Because of their exploitation of our glorious country, their treatment of our citizens as near slaves, I am proposing the Ugandan solution for Indian Nationals and companies who expolit us in Nigeria. INDIA MUST GO

Please join me in petitioning our government to expel these people. We need economic partners who will yreat us with respect and dignity and not exploit us.

INDIA MUST GO
I support you 1 million percent.

1 Like

Re: India Must Go by aljharem(m): 6:10pm On Jun 05, 2012
@ Those support the psycho called Ibadan1 you all have still not answered the question majority are asking here.

1. Is it there fault that Nigerian government does not protect her citizens ?

2. How many jobs have you created and how many jobs have they created ?

3. How have they hurt you ? care to explain

4. what happens to Nigerians in India ?

5. Why are you racist because it is not only Indians we have in Nigeria ?
Re: India Must Go by warrior101: 6:12pm On Jun 05, 2012
Trash... How can you suggest that in 2012.
Re: India Must Go by PBeni(m): 6:12pm On Jun 05, 2012
ibadan1: Because of their exploitation of our glorious country, their treatment of our citizens as near slaves, I am proposing the Ugandan solution for Indian Nationals and companies who expolit us in Nigeria. INDIA MUST GO

Please join me in petitioning our government to expel these people. We need economic partners who will yreat us with respect and dignity and not exploit us.

INDIA MUST GO
Re: India Must Go by crackhouse(m): 6:18pm On Jun 05, 2012
How did this thread get to the front page?. Initially, i thought it was Mr. President speaking, didn't know it was an online activist until i got to the middle. Mtshewwww
Re: India Must Go by ikeyman00(m): 6:22pm On Jun 05, 2012
Those support the psycho called Ibadan1 you all have still not answered the question majority are asking here.

1. Is it there fault that Nigerian government does not protect her citizens ?

2. How many jobs have you created and how many jobs have they created ?

3. How have they hurt you ? care to explain

4. what happens to Nigerians in India ?

5. Why are you racist because it is not only Indians we have in Nigeria ?

and does this matters?
Re: India Must Go by ikeyman00(m): 6:25pm On Jun 05, 2012
Trash... How can you suggest that in 2012.

interesting
Re: India Must Go by hernyhorla: 6:26pm On Jun 05, 2012
[quote author=UK Bobo]OP - Your brain must be located in your lower colon. More Nigerians die per day because of bad roads, fake medicine, robbery, kidnapping, boko haram, fires, oil spill (you can add more to the list) etc... What are you doing to hold your govt to account?[/quote

I agree with you.all these still drill down to corruption in the country.this makes the indians cheat nigerians cos our authority won't stand for us
Re: India Must Go by Kinkinatus(m): 6:34pm On Jun 05, 2012
How stupid is this thread? I suppose if Nigerians running a business in India were responsible for a catastrophe there, then it is suddenly okay to gang up on all Nigerians (including all the innocent ones) in India and deal with them via mob action. The shallowness, ignorance and mass stupidity of some nairalanders never ceases to amaze me. I don't like Dana for what happened. I know people who died on that aircraft. The focus should be on investigating and if found culpable charging the Dana management with corporate manslaughter or its equivalent in Naija law terms, and in dealing fully with any naija persons who were also complicit. Not mob action against all Indians. Fools!
Re: India Must Go by Revolva(m): 6:34pm On Jun 05, 2012
sasifo: INDIANS AND CHINESE BIZ ACTIVITIES SHOULD BE PROPERLY SCRUTINISED IN THIS COUNTRY AS NIGERIA HAVE ENTRUSTED THE ECONOMY OF NIGERIA INTO THE HANDS OF THESE COUNTRIES, BECOMING TOO RELAXED AS PER ACTIVITIES OF FOREIGNERS IN NIGERIA, ARE THEY NOT THIRD WORLD CONTRY LIKE US?
Shut up there when our people can't be productive enough with all their knowledge by the way you should thank every chinese and indians you see in nigeria these folks are hard working and dilligent they aint like we nigerians that dupe companies and never have any sense to produce only to consume like malu
Re: India Must Go by thehomer: 6:34pm On Jun 05, 2012
Busy_body:

Nigeria did not entrust nada, Nigeria has sold most of the Country's infrastructure to mainly the Indians and they are here to stay.

And if they treat their own darker-skinned country people as castes and as subhumans worse than animals, what respect do you expect them to have for their Nigerian employees who are darker than their own castes

Just how well do you Nigerians treat other Nigerians from other tribes? Have you so quickly forgotten the communal clashes?
Re: India Must Go by aljharem(m): 6:35pm On Jun 05, 2012
ikeyman00:

and does this matters?

Yes it matters because Nigerians are quick to complain on how bad they are treated abroad isn't it so ?
Re: India Must Go by thehomer: 6:35pm On Jun 05, 2012
hernyhorla:
I agree with you.all these still drill down to corruption in the country.this makes the indians cheat nigerians cos our authority won't stand for us

If your authorities don't stand for you, then why don't you make them stand for you? Are you expecting the Indians to do that for you?
Re: India Must Go by thehomer: 6:38pm On Jun 05, 2012

Factories are a common source of work related injuries.
Well, how many have been dismissed without compensation? Do you have an answer? Then also find out why they didn't approach any union or lawyers to take up their cause.
Re: India Must Go by Smilenw(f): 6:42pm On Jun 05, 2012
OP
Well done-- India must go, then china must go, lebanon must go, america, britain, x, y, z..what next? Nigerians from these countries come back..n then? Oga go find jobs for all of us, abi ?? :/
Re: India Must Go by since1914(m): 6:42pm On Jun 05, 2012
As much as we sympathize with the families of all those involved in the crash, we must also be careful not to let our emotions cloud our sense of decency. RACISM & XENOPHOBIA, are two evils that should have no place in our society.

This same DANA Group has investments in Pharmaceuticals, Petrochemicals and Steel industry in this country. Employing thousands of Nigerians and putting food on countless tables everyday. And you want them to pack their briefcases and leave, just like that? Well, lets be rest assured that when they leave,those small briefcases of theirs will also have in it the livelihood of thousands of nigerian families.

DANA AIR didn't crash because it is being run by Indians, it crashed because our regulators have failed to do their jobs. Before the global economic crisis, big banks did whatever they wanted because industry regulators were not doing their jobs properly. That is why irrespective of the level of sophistication of Western financial institutions, most of them almost went bankrupt and had to be bailed-out. So that is exactly what happens when regulators don't do their jobs properly.

The Nigerian constitution has given our regulators all the powers they need deal with any Airline that breaks the law. So what else do they need? Our tears? I think it is time we direct our anger at our regulators and not use the Indians as scape goats. I also hear people say that, Indian and Chinese companies don't treat their staff well. We have labour laws, and if NLC, TUC and their likes can't protect nigerian workers then shame on them.
Re: India Must Go by andyanders: 6:48pm On Jun 05, 2012
Poster is right. Indians are the worst citizens to co-habit with other nations. Very crafty and too fraudulent with their Lebanese brothers. There is no illegal business an Indian man cannot go into.
The best way to secure this Country is to act like Idia Amin of Uganda. They help our leaders as front to loot this Country dry. Go to their companies here, they use our country men and woman as slaves. Using most of them as laborers. Sleep with young ladies who are desperate in getting a work because of the
unemployment situation in this country.

2 Likes

Re: India Must Go by SkyBlue1: 6:57pm On Jun 05, 2012
since_1914: As much as we sympathize with the families of all those involved in the crash, we must also be careful not to let our emotions cloud our sense of decency. RACISM & XENOPHOBIA, are two evils that should have no place in our society.

This same DANA Group has investments in Pharmaceuticals, Petrochemicals and Steel industry in this country. Employing thousands of Nigerians and putting food on countless tables everyday. And you want them to pack their briefcases and leave, just like that? Well, lets be rest assured that when they leave,those small briefcases of theirs will also have in it the livelihood of thousands of families.

DANA AIR didn't crash because it is being run by Indians, it crashed because our regulators have failed to do their jobs. Before the global economic crisis, big banks did whatever they wanted because industry regulators were not doing their jobs properly. That is why irrespective of the level of sophistication of Western financial institutions, most of them almost went bankrupt and had to be bailed-out. So that is exactly what happens when regulators don't do their jobs properly.

The Nigerian constitution has given them all the powers they need deal with any Airline that breaks the law. So what else do they need? Our tears? I think it is time we direct our anger our regulators and not use the Indians as scape goats. I also hear that Indian and Chinese companies don't treat their staff well. We have labour laws, and if NLC, TUC and their likes can't protect nigerian workers then shame on them.

That is one dimension I am yet to see the public focus on. The output of this should be better adherence to regulations which can be reviewed if required, and part of that process has to be prosecution of responsible individuals in these regulatory bodies who were not doing the job they were being paid to do. That to me is actually more important than punishing DANA airlines. Some people might not only have to lose their jobs, but also go to jail, Period! No two ways about it.

We just focus on punishing DANA airlines and a bunch of other DANA like companies will only take their place. We punish the regulatory bodies and ministry of aviation, and we send out a message that we are actually interested in air safety - not just punishing the Indians.
Re: India Must Go by Daddystan: 6:59pm On Jun 05, 2012
My friends,it's time we woke to regarding our selves.we have always been taken to slaves...simply because we have been dependant on the 'white'.let me tell you,we can do without the Indians...why should they be given up hands in this country?

1 Like

Re: India Must Go by ikeyman00(m): 7:01pm On Jun 05, 2012
@@@@

prosecution of responsible individuals in these regulatory bodies who were not doing the job they were being paid to do. That to me is actually more important than punishing DANA airlines.

u would expect JOnathan to deal with those i do its

we are watching; this is not any different from 9-11

revoking liecence isnt enuff

these people have brain at all

farking hell
Re: India Must Go by Sike(m): 7:07pm On Jun 05, 2012
Whick kinda thread is this tho? sad
Re: India Must Go by Olaolufred(m): 7:12pm On Jun 05, 2012
Sky Blue: Very silly thread. What about all the deaths the Nigerian government has over the years caused due to the negligence of its responsibilities and duty? Do we then expel all Nigerians from the country? If the citizens can't hold their government to account so they begin to take the welfare of the citizenry seriously and act in that regard how is that the fault of the Indians. It is the same cowardly Nigerian mentality. Holding government to account is like kryptonite to this citizenry.

If a French or American or Isreali citizen is captured abroad you know their government is going to do something about it. If a naija dude is in the mix he had better settle down there because he knows he is going nowhere. His captors might get bored, flog him and let him go when they realise how little value his government places on his welfare.

Thanks skyblue.
Now that you burst this one,
They will say it is opposition.
Complete irresponsibility.
Calling a spade a spoon.
Re: India Must Go by lng: 7:12pm On Jun 05, 2012
I think the originator of this thread is a racist brain dead fool !
Re: India Must Go by SamAfrik(m): 7:14pm On Jun 05, 2012
What!!
Corruption, Tribalism, Nepotism, Terrorism, kidnapping & now XENOPHOBIA?
@ OP, sure u dont want us to add this to d ills already plaguing us.
Solution: Nigerians must start loving one another, respect & value shd also be placed on human life.
Re: India Must Go by ayobase(m): 7:20pm On Jun 05, 2012
Sky Blue: Very silly thread. What about all the deaths the Nigerian government has over the years caused due to the negligence of its responsibilities and duty? Do we then expel all Nigerians from the country? If the citizens can't hold their government to account so they begin to take the welfare of the citizenry seriously and act in that regard how is that the fault of the Indians. It is the same cowardly Nigerian mentality. Holding government to account is like kryptonite to this citizenry.

If a French or American or Isreali citizen is captured abroad you know their government is going to do something about it. If a naija dude is in the mix he had better settle down there because he knows he is going nowhere. His captors might get bored, flog him and let him go when they realise how little value his government places on his welfare.

Whats ''SO lacking common sense'' in what the OP initiated?
What if thats d way to start d reformation.......IYOP, what do u think we can start with?
I wanna believe u aint working with these set of people.
Re: India Must Go by jamesyins(m): 7:21pm On Jun 05, 2012
Why must they go, its the government that's corrupt and other foreigners in the country has followed suit
Re: India Must Go by SkyBlue1: 7:28pm On Jun 05, 2012
ayobase:

Whats ''SO lacking common sense'' in what the OP initiated?
What if thats d way to start d reformation.......IYOP, what do u think we can start with?
I wanna believe u aint working with these set of people.

Please don't get me started, Are you for real??!!
Ok, lets say we drive out all the Indians, then what? Do you know how many planes crashed in 2005 alone? Were they all Indian run airlines? You really think driving away the Indians is how you start a "reformation" of airline safety and secutiy in the country? Again please, are you for real? ? !
Re: India Must Go by Gbawe: 7:36pm On Jun 05, 2012
andyanders: Poster is right. Indians are the worst citizens to co-habit with other nations. Very crafty and too fraudulent with their Lebanese brothers. There is no illegal business an Indian man cannot go into.
The best way to secure this Country is to act like Idia Amin of Uganda. They help our leaders as front to loot this Country dry. Go to their companies here, they use our country men and woman as slaves. Using most of them as laborers. Sleep with young ladies who are desperate in getting a work because of the
unemployment situation in this country.

How ironic considering many non-Nigerians hold exactly this same view about Nigerians.
Re: India Must Go by mrperfect(m): 7:40pm On Jun 05, 2012
This is really an interesting one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law / Tribunal: Buhari And Atiku Know Fate On 13 September / Reno Omokri: I Will Be Insulted If I Mention People Importing Fake Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.