Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,426 members, 7,881,563 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:58 PM

Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane (30023 Views)

Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie / Pictures Of Dana Air Crash Victims / Survivor Of Dana Plane Crash!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by vanstanzy(m): 2:10pm On Jun 06, 2012
aweaweawe: this mean,the fault is not from the pilot.

Of course not, the fault was never the pilots'.
Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by prince0(m): 2:13pm On Jun 06, 2012
airplanes should be equiped with parachutes so that people can safe land instead of this kind of crash or it should be able to release a big parachute that is capable of suspending the plane in the air while it crashes gently. Just mine thought, what do u tink house?
Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by vanstanzy(m): 2:20pm On Jun 06, 2012
Well what has happened, has happened, and i just hope and pray it doesn't happen again. Cos my heart just can't bear the sorrow. R.I.P. to those we lost both in the crash and the bombings. TOO BAD, SO SAD! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by onatisi(m): 2:35pm On Jun 06, 2012
as sad as this story is , that is a good pilot dying like this i think it should be a lesson to other pilots and professionals don't allow your bosses to push you in doing what is wrong they will not bear the brunt , it would have been ok for the pilot to have been sacked than to die like this that is if he did know that the plane was faulty , the bottom line is rule of law , and lack of good leadership why should a 22 years old plane be licensed to be carrying human lives in the sky to height of 22000 meters and higher , i wish gej first son was in that crash or his mother
Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by Kilode1: 2:43pm On Jun 06, 2012
downdraft: Actually Mr Jones, The reason I gave some speculation here is because I read many posts wherit will come down. Seems people couldnt understand who to blame, what to blame or reasons why this could happen. My purpose was to let everyone know an airplane is a machine, machines can break. You may buy a brand new car that can break down, is the same thing, except you can just pull of the road, an airplne you cant do that. My speculations are very real because the MD-83 is a very simple airplane with mostly manual cable flight controls. Easy to fly and not to many things can bring it down with the good weather you had. Like I said single engine no problem, no engines will not fly.

If it was an Airbus too many reasons not to fly because it is a complicated aircraft all hydraulic, electronic computers etc.

Just trying to help, I wont post here anymore, take care.

Do not allow anyone to bully you off this thread or this forum. This is a public forum and you can post whatever you wish -within forum rules - you have not broken any rules.

You can speculate, pontificate, educate, some are actually here to mis-educate even.

You are not violating any rule here, so post what you know, especially if you are a Nigerian pilot with aviation knowledge or information to share.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by question(m): 2:50pm On Jun 06, 2012
prince0: airplanes should be equiped with parachutes so that people can safe land instead of this kind of crash or it should be able to release a big parachute that is capable of suspending the plane in the air while it crashes gently. Just mine thought, what do u tink house?

What about large fireproof airbags in the plane fuselage (cabin) to absorb all the shock of crash landing.
Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by phraze(m): 2:57pm On Jun 06, 2012
So white Peeps Fly Nigerian Planes, ok. Naw Mayday for PETER WAXTAN, a true HERO. U see shit happens but just beware U.S. won't take it easy to investigate the cause of the CRASH. SIR PETER WAXTAN, ima do a biro sketch of you, The way u landed that plane was a pure definition of PROFFESSIONALITY! Let me do that SKETCH Rest.In.Peace SIR... Good God Accept Him And every other Person who Perished on JUNE 3RD.
Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by Vergil: 3:09pm On Jun 06, 2012
jim jones:

chiaman, this is unnecessary. as a professional(?), you should know better than publicly speculating on the possible cause(s) of the crash while investigations are ongoing. tell nairalanders more about the captain if you've got nothing better to do with your time. save us all the other nonsense.

You have issues. What was the point of this, on a free, public forum?
Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by frankgreat(m): 3:20pm On Jun 06, 2012
wandeay: the major problem is d plane is problematic, it had fault b4 Dana bought it, it landed an emergency landing in Lagos some weeks ago, it workd on saturday, nd had flown to Abuja earlier that day, b4 returning back to Lagos, d major problem is frm d NCAA who had faild 2 do their job by making sure all planes are in order b4 taking off.
a collegue of mine ws on dat plane in d mrng of dat incident..he said dey were all prayin truout...dat one of d engine stpd wrkin dat mrng...cn u jst imagine sad
Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by Smilenw(f): 3:29pm On Jun 06, 2012
abubello: a colleague told me that he was warned by a friend some weeks ago to stop flying Dana allegedly because they use HHK (Household kerosine) as fuel. I dont know how true this allegation is but i think it should be investigated

Kerosene? Maybe he mistook palm oil for kero.. DUH !! lipsrsealed
Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by VellyG(m): 4:19pm On Jun 06, 2012
honeric01: Maybe the plane ran out of fuel?
the plane was visibly seen discharging its fuel few seconds b4 it crashed. The pilot did his best but its more like both engines failed
Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by Uyimeme: 4:21pm On Jun 06, 2012
The Guardian reports that the Dana Air craft was 22-years-old. Nigeria, however, has a ban on aircraft over 20 years old, according to Fox News.
Is this true?
Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by texazzpete(m): 4:23pm On Jun 06, 2012
fm7070:

yes, there is an open space close to the place.
In a critical emergency cases, pilots are trained to land at places like school field, etc if they can't make it to the nearest safest destination. That's why the plane got soo low that it could be hanged by mango tree.
The deeed is done.
God have mercy.
We're only trying to fathom the possible causes.

You know, sometimes I am dumbfounded by the imbecility of some of my fellow Nigerians.
Has this olodo quoted above ever seen an airplane before? Can a Mango tree 'hold back' a massive plane moving at over 200 kmph? How can a plane that hit a 2 storey building be held back by a mango tree? Have you ever seen a mango tree before?

Dammit, man, this has to be one of the most inane theories/rumour i've seen on this, and it paints you (and the education you've received) in a very very bad light.

1 Like

Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by VellyG(m): 4:31pm On Jun 06, 2012
onatisi: as sad as this story is , that is a good pilot dying like this i think it should be a lesson to other pilots and professionals don't allow your bosses to push you in doing what is wrong they will not bear the brunt , it would have been ok for the pilot to have been sacked than to die like this that is if he did know that the plane was faulty , the bottom line is rule of law , and lack of good leadership why should a 22 years old plane be licensed to be carrying human lives in the sky to height of 22000 meters and higher , i wish gej first son was in that crash or his mother
you are such a retard..is he the the aviation minister? why attribute someones responsibility to the president?what are the ministers there for?To receive salaries&allowances monthly without contributing anything meaningful in their various sectors.When people like you stop to reason in this manner the Nigeria will be taking a step foward.
Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by denzel2009: 4:41pm On Jun 06, 2012
prince0: airplanes should be equiped with parachutes so that people can safe land instead of this kind of crash or it should be able to release a big parachute that is capable of suspending the plane in the air while it crashes gently. Just mine thought, what do u tink house?

They could have given those babies parachute so that they can land at iju too smh.
Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by VellyG(m): 4:41pm On Jun 06, 2012
texazzpete:

You know, sometimes I am dumbfounded by the imbecility of some of my fellow Nigerians.
Has this olodo quoted above ever seen an airplane before? Can a Mango tree 'hold back' a massive plane moving at over 200 kmph? How can a plane that hit a 2 storey building be held back by a mango tree? Have you ever seen a mango tree before?

Dammit, man, this has to be one of the most inane theories/rumour i've seen on this, and it paints you (and the education you've received) in a very very bad light.
I just cant stop laffin. confirm cyber clown
Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by otokx(m): 4:45pm On Jun 06, 2012
@downdraft

What is the standard time that can be used to analyze the black box and the other one? Is the preliminary report made public?
Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by Nuzo1(m): 5:12pm On Jun 06, 2012
texazzpete:

You have become so used to calling people names anytime their perspectives differ from yours. This has become damn too boring.
The dude gave an account of an eye witness's story, but instead of using your own account to counter his, you had to display your usual condescending attitude by telling him how imbecilic the mofo is.

As for me, I heard the plane might have landed without much damages if not for the Mango tree which made it swerved and rammed into some buildings.

I will appreciate your own account tho.
Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by mamaafrik(m): 5:14pm On Jun 06, 2012
But wait oo is there no means of addin an operatin valve dat'l dilute d aviation fuel wit a substance makin uncombustible wen released like rain on flyin site,i'm v.sure dat 'l reduce amount of casualities even if it eventually crash,sombodi tel me y such modificatn cant work.
Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by oiseworld: 5:37pm On Jun 06, 2012
fm7070:

yes, there is an open space close to the place.
In a critical emergency cases, pilots are trained to land at places like school field, etc if they can't make it to the nearest safest destination. That's why the plane got soo low that it could be hanged by mango tree.
The deeed is done.
God have mercy.
We're only trying to fathom the possible causes.

soo you took that joke of the plane hanging on a mango tree serious. Na wa ooohh, that tree must be damn big,tall and strong to hold down a plane.

1 Like

Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by rafiky: 5:51pm On Jun 06, 2012
Check Out This Dana Air Fleet Details and History

Reg c/n ln Aircraft Type Config Delivered Prev. Reg Remark Age

5N-DEV 49947 1900 McDonnell Douglas MD-83 C12Y128 11-05-2012 N934JM [Stored] 20.9 Years

5N-JAI 53016 1850 McDonnell Douglas MD-83 C12Y128 21-08-2009 N968AS [Stored] 21.2 Years

5N-SAI 53018 1779 McDonnell Douglas MD-83 C12Y128 30-08-2008 N943AS [Stored] 21.7 Years

5N-SRI 53020 1789 McDonnell Douglas MD-83 C12Y128 04-08-2008 N947AS [Stored] 21.6 Years
Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by brabus(m): 7:40pm On Jun 06, 2012
Why is the investigation taking so long? Abi, the cockpit recorder too don run low on disk space?

I smell rat.
Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by babeface3: 7:42pm On Jun 06, 2012
LMAO, Obviously, im beginning to think that a lot of Nigerians have never flown in an air craft. grin
Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by nijanigga: 7:48pm On Jun 06, 2012
miteolu:
amosy007:

Investigation is irrelevant. It had happened.
We have more goats than humans in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by prince0(m): 8:07pm On Jun 06, 2012
denzel2009:

They could have given those babies parachute so that they can land at iju too smh.

My suggestion might sound foolish to you because it is not from a white man, sooner or later they may consider what i just posted, of course you know mothers can hold their babies while they fly the parachute. Not discouraged anyway, instead of staying on the cause of the crash i would dissipate my energy on the way forward.
Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by prince0(m): 8:09pm On Jun 06, 2012
question:

What about large fireproof airbags in the plane fuselage (cabin) to absorb all the shock of crash landing.

You are among the few wise Nigerians who think of solution instead of lamenting their problems.
Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by manny4life(m): 8:15pm On Jun 06, 2012
Kilode?!:

Do not allow anyone to bully you off this thread or this forum. This is a public forum and you can post whatever you wish -within forum rules - you have not broken any rules.

You can speculate, pontificate, educate, some are actually here to mis-educate even.

You are not violating any rule here, so post what you know, especially if you are a Nigerian pilot with aviation knowledge or information to share.

Seconded...
Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by guyla: 8:24pm On Jun 06, 2012
downdraft: As a Captain we sometimes have to fly a plane that has a small problem. This is allowed by Laws or rules of flight as long as it is in the MEL (minimum Equipment List) and if the Captain deems it safe. When I fly, I am responible for 275 lives. we must deem it safe or we do not fly. Because I am white doesnt matter, if i am Nigerian that is fine too. All professional pilots have likewise skills related to flight hours. The more hours and experience pilots have adds to their skill in case of an emergency. I have no problem sitting down on a Nigerian Aircraft, with Nigerian pilots as long as the airlines has a good safety record.

like i said, not to blame everyone or thing, these things can happen.

I relly dont belong here on your website, i just joined trying to find my friend. i hope my posts have not hurt anyones feelings, my heart is sad, I I wish God to have mercey on there souls. God Speed..!
cheesy
downdraft: As a Captain we sometimes have to fly a plane that has a small problem. This is allowed by Laws or rules of flight as long as it is in the MEL (minimum Equipment List) and if the Captain deems it safe. When I fly, I am responible for 275 lives. we must deem it safe or we do not fly. Because I am white doesnt matter, if i am Nigerian that is fine too. All professional pilots have likewise skills related to flight hours. The more hours and experience pilots have adds to their skill in case of an emergency. I have no problem sitting down on a Nigerian Aircraft, with Nigerian pilots as long as the airlines has a good safety record.

like i said, not to blame everyone or thing, these things can happen.

I relly dont belong here on your website, i just joined trying to find my friend. i hope my posts have not hurt anyones feelings, my heart is sad, I I wish God to have mercey on there souls. God Speed..!
Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by samnix1: 8:43pm On Jun 06, 2012
downdraft: Actually Mr Jones, The reason I gave some speculation here is because I read many posts wherit will come down. Seems people couldnt understand who to blame, what to blame or reasons why this could happen. My purpose was to let everyone know an airplane is a machine, machines can break. You may buy a brand new car that can break down, is the same thing, except you can just pull of the road, an airplne you cant do that. My speculations are very real because the MD-83 is a very simple airplane with mostly manual cable flight controls. Easy to fly and not to many things can bring it down with the good weather you had. Like I said single engine no problem, no engines will not fly.

If it was an Airbus too many reasons not to fly because it is a complicated aircraft all hydraulic, electronic computers etc.

Just trying to help, I wont post here anymore, take care.

What does everyone want from Downdraft; he is a Gentleman and he has sanely and technically driven home his point, plssssss stop insulting him, everything he has said makes sense, as in loads of sense, if u have a problem comprehending, then shut up and stop insulting this man..........
Nobody is happy about what has happened, and dont forget Downdraft also lost a friend ... so peeps lets be reasonable when we are commenting and not just come here to run your fingers typing rubbish and insulting people anyhow.
Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by guyla: 8:49pm On Jun 06, 2012
U ve nt hurt anyone, ur probably tryin to be helpful. Besides cynical nairalanders shld note dat u equaly lost a dear friend. d captain did nt set out to kill d pasengers or himself, i'm sure he loves life just like everyone of us, lets us all continue to pray for the bereaved families .
Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by comradefery: 8:54pm On Jun 06, 2012
ogboss: I think its high time they give pilots d previledge of accessing the conditions of d planes de fly, and subdue any higher authority above dem 2 dat effect, cos since d country is corupt, I don't tinl any resonable human being wuld accept bribe 2 fly an air coffin
My brother, it's not a matter of "giving pilots the priviledge of accessing", even if they do, there are things they will not know about de planes cos they are not Air plane engineers, but pilots. It's just a matter of people doing their job to avoid unnecessary tragedies. The pilots trust the worthiness of their planes, because they assume that de necessary agencies are always ready to do their jobs without fraud, but in our decayed Nigeria, de reverse is de case. Though investigations arn't yet over, but all available facts have clearly proved that Dana Airline calously wasted de lives of innocent Nigerians. I don't blame them, but de Nigerian society that has reduced her self to nothing thus making people to disregard de lives of Nigerians. If it were in Japan, China etc at least, de Manager, MD etc would definitely be executed....!!
Re: Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane by optimistD(m): 8:55pm On Jun 06, 2012
enitan2002:

Bros, don't say what you have no idea of here, the plane that had an emergency landing last week has a registration of 5N-FRI, while the ill fated plane on sunday was with registration 5N-RAM, so get your facts right. There are some things that are hidden from public knowledge, mere speculations are flying here and there.
meaning al there planes are bad. Its even worse dan wat d man u quoted said.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Flood Takes Over The Street Of Lagos (Photos) / Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel / 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.