Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,947 members, 7,969,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 04:25 PM

Many Married Men Are Unhappy... - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Many Married Men Are Unhappy... (45566 Views)

Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? / Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely / What Do You Do When Are Unhappy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by dayokanu(m): 11:12pm On Jun 11, 2012
ronkebp:

Bill Gate stll got married, whether he married early or not....the whole thing, is majority of this top, influential men still got married at a point, whether the marraige lasted or not is of no importance, they still saw marraige as a stage in life and they willingly passed through that stage.

Was it the marriage that brought him respect? Someone says you wont be a bigger boy until you marry or wont be respected in some circles

So did this affect Bill gates in any way?
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Johndoe100(m): 11:22pm On Jun 11, 2012
I read what you wrote and you just confirmed that you are a boy. Do you think i am a small girl that you are trying to impress with this bs?
Job? Do you think we still work for people? Look you are probably a only a few years older than my sons. When you grow into a man and stop all this fantasizing that you do, we can have an adult conversation. Now you are simply childish.

Sagamite:

kiss

Pele, you can't escape it. tongue I was waiting for JohnDoe to respond before I give the lecture on the bolded! cheesy

That is blatantly worng!

In any circle of men, it is INTELLECT, WEALTH and POWER that gains a man respect. Not how many children you have or you are raising.
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by armyofone(m): 12:55am On Jun 12, 2012
Sagamite, go run bath for me and stop making mouth here tongue. also place the scented candles by the side of the tub tongue. bring my white towel and not the red one. How many times do i say that again eh?
i'm going to bed early. please feed the kids and get their daytime clothes ready for tmr.
where is the charcoal grill? the steak yesterday was not peppery, too hard. marinate and cook it longer next time.
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Sagamite(m): 7:43am On Jun 12, 2012
Johndoe100: I read what you wrote and you just confirmed that you are a boy. Do you think i am a small girl that you are trying to impress with this bs?
Job? Do you think we still work for people? Look you are probably a only a few years older than my sons. When you grow into a man and stop all this fantasizing that you do, we can have an adult conversation. Now you are simply childish.

You are a moooron!

A foool at 40 is a foool forever.

Better learn how to say intelligent things in public and have better analytical skills instead of saying being married makes someone a bigger boy.

You keep on saying moronic things like that and I would intellectually flog you and give you a lecture.
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Sagamite(m): 7:44am On Jun 12, 2012
armyofone: Sagamite, go run bath for me and stop making mouth here tongue. also place the scented candles by the side of the tub tongue. bring my white towel and not the red one. How many times do i say that again eh?
i'm going to bed early. please feed the kids and get their daytime clothes ready for tmr.
where is the charcoal grill? the steak yesterday was not peppery, too hard. marinate and cook it longer next time.

In your wildest dreams.

I slap women on the bottom while they do all that in the house. cool
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by harakiri(m): 8:40am On Jun 12, 2012
Johndoe100: I agree with harakiri on a lot of things but not on this. I realy enjoyed being single, however there comes that point when you must transition from big boy to bigger boy. Does this mean that yovr marriage will be good? Fun? Happy? If you are lucky it might. The fact is
that is the natural order of things.

So being married now translates into being a "bigger boy". Wonderful!
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by harakiri(m): 8:42am On Jun 12, 2012
Johndoe100: Well you see i am not talking about newly weds. To be honest you get to a stage when you must groom the next generation. On a purely social level, you can't fit in with the "boys" if you are still single. Note though we are much older than you.

EXACTLY!!! So in other words, the only reason you are getting married is to fit in to the societal expectations of people. You are getting married to keep up with the Joneses. You are getting married so that people won't see you as the "odd man" out.

This my friend, is one of the several WRONG reasons for getting married i have emphasized on countless times on this forum.
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by harakiri(m): 8:45am On Jun 12, 2012
dayokanu: Bill gates got married at 39 , You mean before he got married, He wasnt respected in some circle?

The former French president Sarkozy was "single" at some time while still in office you mean he wasnt respected at that point?

THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH FOR THAT. How about Jay-Z? He was 39yrs when he got married and he was definitely respected the world over to the extent he has an express road named after him in Nigeria during the Yar Adua administration (it's called CARTER ROAD). How about Obama? He was 38yrs when he got married and that explains why his kids were still very young when he became president.

A lot of folks here really need to think twice before they type.
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Sagamite(m): 9:11am On Jun 12, 2012
harakiri:

EXACTLY!!! So in other words, the only reason you are getting married is to fit in to the societal expectations of people. You are getting married to keep up with the Joneses. You are getting married so that people won't see you as the "odd man" out.

This my friend, is one of the several WRONG reasons for getting married i have emphasized on countless times on this forum.

Remember, fucktards need to be followers!

harakiri:

THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH FOR THAT. How about Jay-Z? He was 39yrs when he got married and he was definitely respected the world over to the extent he has an express road named after him in Nigeria during the Yar Adua administration (it's called CARTER ROAD). How about Obama? He was 38yrs when he got married and that explains why his kids were still very young when he became president.

A lot of folks here really need to think twice before they type.

Come on, you should know Simon Cowell is not respected.

People just shake in their boots, repeatedly nod their head for approval and stammer in his presence.
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Sagamite(m): 10:13am On Jun 12, 2012
This discussion about happy men in marriage actually brings back memories of a pertinent encounter I had recently. grin

Wow! cheesy

On my last trip to Naija, on my way back, at the airport, due to my excessive ashaworism cool I was assessing the talent around me on the immigration/customs queue (the secure one after check-in) at Muritala Muhammed Airport.

There was really only about 3 chics providing pleasure to the eye and 2 were with men accompanying them.

With discrete style, I casually dey pleasure my eye dey go on the queue and tried to study the interactions of the ones accompanied with the men accompanying them. One couple appear as if they were dating but the passion was not intense anymore as they hardly shared any intimate interaction despite looking in their late 20s. I know I kiss my ex-girlfriends a hell of alot on the face while holding their waist, even in public (ronkebp, and you will open your yeye mouth that I no dey provide value? Tschew). It was strange as the girl was the finest of the bunch. Real quality in the looks department. Baba nla hot girl. Looked like Nigerian version of Lauren London. In my view, put a ring-on-it-quick type of girl. For these couple they just chatted but the way the girl looks at him, she had an engagement ring and the fact they were travelling together, it is either they were going out and it has cooled down or he is chasing her and spending a lot of money at it. I would go for the former.

For the second couple, they too did not appear to be lovely dovely in public. They also looked in their late 20s/early 30s. They just chatted like friends/cousins. The girl was just fairly nice. Two notches above average. In my view, threshold level of being marriable. The guy instantly gave me the vibe of the type of gentlemanly qualities women would fall for. Modernly and well-dressed, tallish, in quite good shape (no hint of pot-belly at his age), good pronunciation and accentless, looks like a professional and well-educated, quite soft-spoken but yet assertive (diplomatic), does not look violent, shy or like a push-over despite his gentlemanly looks. He just looked like a real man with composure and fine sub-metrosexual qualities. I could see how girls would be happy to be introduced to him in a party and be thinking of the future since he exudes provider, take home to mummy and show-offable to my girlfriends.

The third chic was on her own. Fine, wedding ring and very busy on her BB throughout the time.

Anyway, I pass through immigration with the normal attempt to extort money from me because they think I look too fresh. Went through the air-conditionless shame we call airport with workers congregating for a loud chat and sleeping in public view on airport benches. Then got into the plane and "Waalah" the 2 people next to me were the second couple. Mr Gentleman did not prove me wrong. Very polite, said hi, offered me a handshake, I returned the class (emi nor ni di e [I get a little too na]grin grin grin) and we sat down.

During the flight, the two were constantly chatting but it was hardly audible to me but I did hear from the girl's accent that she was Britico-Nigerian. The guy on the other hand was fully Nigerian because he had to fill in the non-citizen form people fill on planes and while he was doing this, I saw his full name.

While they were chatting, the guy was consistently on his ipad doing some work. Then he typed something on the ipad and gave her to read, she laughed and took the ipad and typed something back. The exchange continued a few rounds. I saw some of these conversations on the ipad and it revealed that they were together as it was loving things they were saying to each other. At Heathrow, after baggage claim and passport check, I saw the girl waiting at a corner for him as those of us with EU passport go through a faster queue while people with non-EU passport go through a more thorough checking queue.

I was really slightly surprised the guy was fully Nigerian as he was very polished and I was thinking this must be one of those rich people's kids that travel alot and I was also curious about what he does for a living, so when I got home, I googled his name to see "whom im papa be and where did he study". To my shock horror, he was not from a prominent family and grew up in a Yoruba city outside Lagos and attended one of the top Nigerian universities (UI, OAU or Unilag). He had a middle-class upbringing, worked in some of Nigeria's top firms and rose fast then set-up his own business and is still in his early 30s. To my further shock, he set up the business with someone I know and have hanged out with when I was in Naija after months of infrequent chatting (professionally, not romantically) while I was in the UK and she was in Nigeria. This business partner actually worked in a firm one famous NLer used to work for and it was at their offices I met up with her some years back when I was in Nigeria.

He did have a LOT of stuff about himself on the net as he obviously uses it to promote/market his business, so I decided to read more especially as he was an acquintance's business partner and we coincidentally met. He was also a professional inspirational speaker on the side and obviously like most Nigerians in that area faith plays a part in this. I saw several write-ups where he highlighted how he became born again and which led to him being a Pastor in his church. As an inspirational speaker, he was obviously very good with words and combining them to generate a mood. He listed that his two greatest decisions was when he gave his life to God and when he married his wife of X years who completes him and is his best friend.

When I looked at the pix of him with his wife that he put up, it was not the girl on the plane. That explained his wedding ring and her lack of one.

I have left specificity out of my write up as I respect the guy's right to privacy and anonymity. Furthermore, he has done nothing to warrant my being an arse to him. Moreover, he was a very cool guy during the flight.

1 Like

Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by MissIfe(f): 10:45am On Jun 12, 2012
@sagamite : that's why I don't like those metrosexual/over-educated/smart looking boys undecided Can't trust a man who bothers about what other people think of him...
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by dayokanu(m): 2:32pm On Jun 12, 2012
Sagamite,

I know the guy you are talking about he is like 40.
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by ronkebp(f): 2:42pm On Jun 12, 2012
Sagalu...what was your analysis of the wife you saw in the picture, is she close (appearance wise) to the girlfriend he was flying with?

And so because you kiss, hug and do lovey-dovey stuff in public,does mean that you are romantic? smiley smiley
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Sagamite(m): 4:49pm On Jun 12, 2012
Miss_Ife: @sagamite : that's why I don't like those metrosexualcave men/over-educated/smart looking boys undecided Can't trust a man who bothers about what other people think of him...

Oi!!!

Easy. Don't be so judgemental and damage our reputation.

My point just shows example of the "responsible" men that scream for marriage, say they are happily married and their wife is there missing rib are not always saying the truth.

I know these, I know these murrafckers and they can't deceive me about marriage with their untruths.

dayokanu: Sagamite,

I know the guy you are talking about he is like 40.

When trying to keep anonymity, I don't confirm OR deny anything. I just leave all guesses without answers or correction because it is the best approach to avoid people being able to narrow the clues down. wink It was like when someone was saying I attended University of Bristol, I did not confirm or deny it. cheesy

I am keeping this guys anonymity completely off NL as it is the principled and fair thing to do. My fine personal qualities ronkebp fails to appreciate. Tschew. Shior. cool

ronkebp: Sagalu...what was your analysis of the wife you saw in the picture, is she close (appearance wise) to the girlfriend he was flying with?

And so because you kiss, hug and do lovey-dovey stuff in public,does mean that you are romantic? smiley smiley

I am not romantic, I CAN BE sweet. cool (functional phrase dey there o)

I would take the girl on the plane over the wife.

Wife was, at best, very average in everything about her and the girl on the plane was 2 notches above her in looks and had more fashionista style.

1 Like

Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Sagamite(m): 4:50pm On Jun 12, 2012
Can a married man have the freedom to scope how fine a woman is like I can? cheesy grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by dayokanu(m): 4:58pm On Jun 12, 2012
The NL whose office he used to work is my friend, hope you knw
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Sagamite(m): 5:03pm On Jun 12, 2012
dayokanu: The NL whose office he used to work is my friend, hope you knw

Feel free to name your friend or his firm. cheesy
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by MissIfe(f): 5:08pm On Jun 12, 2012
Sagamite:

Oi!!!

Easy. Don't be so judgemental and damage our reputation.

My point just shows example of the "responsible" men that scream for marriage, say they are happily married and their wife is there missing rib are not always saying the truth.

I know these, I know these murrafckers and they can't deceive me about marriage with their untruths.

I'm not being judgemental, just stating my opinion, which is very personal and far from being a general truth wink

So saga, tell us everything, u're one of those metrosexual guys ? Those who spend more time in the bathroom than their girls and know more about fashion than I do ? grin
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by dayokanu(m): 5:09pm On Jun 12, 2012
Sagamite:

Feel free to name your friend or his firm. cheesy

That reveals too much. That my friend is a Man Utd fan. Nuff said
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Sagamite(m): 5:11pm On Jun 12, 2012
Miss_Ife:

I'm not being judgemental, just stating my opinion, which is very personal and far from being a general truth wink

So saga, tell us everything, u're one of those metrosexual guys ? Those who spend more time in the bathroom than their girls and know more about fashion than I do ? grin

God forbid bad thing.

Tufiakwa! [Snaps his finger over his head]

I am like the original, unrefined man. From the days when men used to men. cool
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by MissIfe(f): 5:14pm On Jun 12, 2012
Sagamite:

God forbid bad thing.

Tufiakwa! [Snaps his finger over his head]

I am like the original, unrefined man. From the days when men used to men. cool

Oh, I was having fun for a while, imagining you lecturing us about fashion, perfume and cosmetics grin grin

Well, I'll have to find something else to make fun of you wink
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Sagamite(m): 5:19pm On Jun 12, 2012
Miss_Ife:

Oh, I was having fun for a while, imagining you lecturing us about fashion, perfume and cosmetics grin grin

Well, I'll have to find something else to make fun of you wink

Ewww!!!

Moderator, this is unfair, libelous and painful harassment! tongue
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by ronkebp(f): 5:21pm On Jun 12, 2012
Sagamite:

I am not romantic, I CAN BE sweet. cool (functional phrase dey there o)

I would take the girl on the plane over the wife.

Wife was, at best, very average in everything about her and the girl on the plane was 2 notches above her in looks and had more fashionista style.

Now i see a reason for his taste and pick in a girlfriend, we don't know why he married his woman in the first place, these are part of the reasons why we say, some men marry for the wrong reasons, now when their eyes clears, that is when they will notice the lepas or be unhappy in their marraiges, why don't you marry someone you will still be comfortable with in the next 20-25years..and stop going for vain qualities

Poeple like Jay-Z, decided to marry the person he thinks he loves and cherishes, will the marraige last? we don't know, with all his money, fame, prestige and personlaity, he still stoop low to "put a ring on the finger" he still signed those "dotted lines", Now that is a man who is not afraid to take major steps,even if it will not be in his favor in the long run.

Obama...might have married late, but he is still cruzing with his wife, infact he is getting older by the day, while his wife is looking much younger and prettier, if he had not seen any genuine reasons to marry with all his havard education, he will not have ventured into it.
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by TV01(m): 5:40pm On Jun 12, 2012
Firstly
I can't believe y'all are having this convo without me! Me! NL' #1 marriage champion, defender of the marital union and upholder of uxoral bliss.

Secondly
Miss Ife, you are doing an excellent job of championing that most cherished of institutions. Salute, very well done and take honorary title.

Thirdly
Hopefully, one day those that don't know will desist from characterising that which they don't understand and ask those that do know for understanding.

Fourthly
Sagamite, your playing away bobo on the plane - if he was indeed playing away - has utterly foregone any right to anonymity. If he was playing away whilst using the image of an idyllic marriage to publicly sell himself and his business. Not that I want to know or feel he should be exposed, just that the basis you gave is not the right one.

Fifthly
Juvenile notions of being 70 with a nubile 30 year old on your arm don't hold water. Whatever your gender. See how sorry Madonna looks. Her boyfriends are pretty much her daughters class-mates. Tragic for them both. George Clooney is looking sadder by the day and he's barely 50. Face it when you're that age, the probability is that anyone so young and fit getting with you, is not for you but for your fame and/or money.And it's highly unlikely any of you will ever have the means to live that lifestyle anyway.

Lastly
Don't be down on marriage because of what typically obtains. Look at the ideal and find someone that understands, shares and is willing to commit to the same. Do of course fancy them like mad.

Quit being afraid, dive in. Men Marry!

Happy to give a rousing sermon on the day in western or traditional attire.

Best
TV
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Sagamite(m): 5:47pm On Jun 12, 2012
TV01:
Fourthly
Sagamite, your playing away bobo on the plane - if he was indeed playing away - has utterly foregone any right to anonymity. If he was playing away whilst using the image of an idyllic marriage to publicly sell himself and his business. Not that I want to know or feel he should be exposed, just that the basis you gave is not the right one.

Hell No!

It is none of my business. He has the right to privacy and do whatever he wants to do in private.

TV01:
Fifthly
Juvenile notions of being 70 with a nubile 30 year old on your arm don't hold water. Whatever your gender. See how sorry Madonna looks. Her boyfriends are pretty much her daughters class-mates. Tragic for them both. George Clooney is looking sadder by the day and he's barely 50. Face it when you're that age, the probability is that anyone so young and fit getting with you, is not for you but for your fame and/or money.And it's highly unlikely any of you will ever have the means to live that lifestyle anyway.

You are so wrong it is shocking.

George Clooney is looking like a comic-book hero by the day. Like a fcking ultimate role model. grin

And the young girls are not marrying young guys for money these days? grin

1 Like

Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by harakiri(m): 6:09pm On Jun 12, 2012
@TV01

Firstly
I can't believe y'all are having this convo without me! Me! NL' #1 marriage champion, defender of the marital union and upholder of uxoral bliss.

Secondly
Miss Ife, you are doing an excellent job of championing that most cherished of institutions. Salute, very well done and take honorary title.

Thirdly
Hopefully, one day those that don't know will desist from characterising that which they don't understand and ask those that do know for understanding.

Fourthly

undecided

Fifthly

First of all, at 32yrs of age i am far from being juvenile and if views that differ from yours now get relegated to the "juvenile" department, then you need to get your wires reset. Second, Madonna in her fifties looks hotter than most women her age and still has much younger men falling over each other to win her attention. Third, George Clooney at 50yrs is one of the hottest middle aged men alive! You would be lucky to look half as hot or as good as him at that age (that's if you don't already look worn out and finished already).

Lastly
Don't be down on marriage because of what typically obtains. Look at the ideal and find someone that understands, shares and is willing to commit to the same. Do of course fancy them like mad.

Quit being afraid, dive in. Men Marry!

Happy to give a rousing sermon on the day in western or traditional attire.

Best
TV

undecided

1 Like

Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Sagamite(m): 7:05pm On Jun 12, 2012
harakiri: @TV01
undecided

First of all, at 32yrs of age i am far from being juvenile and if views that differ from yours now get relegated to the "juvenile" department, then you need to get your wires reset. Second, Madonna in her fifties looks hotter than most women her age and still has much younger men falling over each other to win her attention. Third, George Clooney at 50yrs is one of the hottest middle aged men alive! You would be lucky to look half as hot or as good as him at that age (that's if you don't already look worn out and finished already).

undecided

You really can't take him seriously.

This is a guy that says he thinks marriage can be successful if people do their due diligence thoroughly about their future partners. And when asked what due diligence he did about his marriage that he is confident about, he said he had one date and decided to marry her, which he did a few months later. grin

1 Like

Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by harakiri(m): 8:56pm On Jun 12, 2012
Sagamite:

You really can't take him seriously.

This is a guy that says he thinks marriage can be successful if people do their due diligence thoroughly about there future partners. And when asked what due diligence he did about his marriage that he is confident about, he said he had one date and decided to marry her a few months later. grin

Damn!!! shocked shocked angry

I give up...lol grin
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by armyofone(m): 2:17am On Jun 13, 2012
eating this nice ofe snail with hot rice.
and laughing at that epistle according to Saga.

oh well, let donkey fly on tongue grin
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by OAM4J: 3:28am On Jun 13, 2012
interesting....
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by TV01(m): 10:23am On Jun 13, 2012
Sagamite:

Hell No!

It is none of my business. He has the right to privacy and do whatever he wants to do in private.

If he was indeed playing away and if he a selling point of himself and his business is an idyllic marriage that makes him a fraudster. I don't know his wife position, what she's doing or what agreement they have, but the fact remains, he's perpetrating a fraud on the public and has lost any right to privacy in that regard.

Sagamite:

You are so wrong it if shocking.

George Clooney is looking like a comic-book hero by the day. Like a fcking ultimate role model. grin

And the young girls are not marrying young guys for money these days? grin

No, he is looking more and more like a man who can't manage responsibility beyond the satisfaction of his immediate desires. Notice how his relationships are becoming shorter and shorter? Watch that space long-term, it will be a great case-study. Anyone using him as a template will in all liklihood end up bitter and lonely - if not alone. Especially without his means and fame.

A role model for whom? for what? A generation of feckless men who never mature into adulthood. He is little better than your typical callow baby-father. Just richer more famous and a little more careful. No woman who holds her long-term relationship health and has a pure - not just immediate gratification and the chance to tailcoat in mind - vision for her future will get with or stay with him.

Part of the responsibility of being a man is to locate and find a girl who matches up and wants to commit to marriage for the right reasons and because you are the right person. That has nothing to do with money. Or fame.

Any news? Has any comely lass made it past your intellect lately?

Best
TV
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by TV01(m): 10:57am On Jun 13, 2012
wink
harakiri: @TV01

undecided

First of all, at 32yrs of age i am far from being juvenile and if views that differ from yours now get relegated to the "juvenile" department, then you need to get your wires reset.

@Harakiri, I referred to the notion as juvenile, not you. Prior to your submission, I had no idea as to your age, just some insight into your thoughts on marriage. Having said that age is not in itself an indicator of maturity is it?

harakiri:
Second, Madonna in her fifties looks hotter than most women her age and still has much younger men falling over each other to win her attention.

Would you marry a 50 year old - almost certainly menopausal or close to - mother of two, no matter how hot. Would you even enter into a serious relationship with her?

Win her attention, not her hand.

harakiri: Third, George Clooney at 50yrs is one of the hottest middle aged men alive! You would be lucky to look half as hot or as good as him at that age (that's if you don't already look worn out and finished already).

That's twice you've referenced the term "hot"? In as much as what constitutes "hot" is debatable, is that the sole or main criteria for a spouse?

50 years old and middle aged is right. And who doesn't appear to possess the wherewithal to establish a long-term monogamous relationship - to my mind marriage - with anyone, despite being spoilt for choice? That's not hot, that's chilly.

Now to the personal bits. Facially I'll concede the point, but that's still debateable. Physically, I leave the sad old codger iced. Documentary evidence can be provided on request. But be warned, your 32 year old self will also look relatively puny. Oya, beach pix face-off, you first. grin!

On a serious note, with twenty years of high intensity training behind me and a dietary regime that would scare pre-historic man, I know I no longer possess that vigour of youth. And in men, it starts to wane by the mid thirties at best. And I am not yet 50. No dullin' man, time is yet with you.

Picture this, post that mid thirty point, it's all down hill physically. Ahead lie more frequent and slower to heal injuries (if you are athletic), and various other ailments that will surely visit you as you age (athletic or not). By the time you get to 70, no matter your means and fame, you'll be happy if the nubile young chick - whose name you keep forgetting - just keeps you company and rubs your feet at night. You'll have memories and stories but nothing to show.

Like I said, a juvenile fantasy built on a few well publicised outliers.

Man up. Marry!

Best
TV

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married / Abandoned Nine-month-old Baby Crawling On Lagos Road Found / Woman's Attempt To Seduce Younger Sister’s Husband With Love Portion Backfires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.