Stats: 3,174,346 members, 7,891,543 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 02:45 PM

Ways To Catch A Chicken - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ways To Catch A Chicken (15340 Views)

I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today / A Chicken Egg With 2 Yolks / Ever Killed A Chicken B4 By Yourself? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by firestar(f): 4:16pm On Dec 15, 2012
Why isn't the domestic fowl an endangered species?

Hm, Ishilove.
Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by Ishilove: 4:23pm On Dec 15, 2012
firestar: Why isn't the domestic fowl an endangered species?

Hm, Ishilove.
Yes, firestar? wink grin
Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by firestar(f): 4:36pm On Dec 15, 2012
^Ever tried your tactic on a turkey?
Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by firestar(f): 4:36pm On Dec 15, 2012
Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by ITbomb(m): 4:50pm On Dec 15, 2012
What Ishilove thinks is chasing a fowl

Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by ITbomb(m): 4:52pm On Dec 15, 2012
what we actually believe is chasing a fowl

Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by shylladear(f): 4:52pm On Dec 15, 2012
Ishilove:
My hand no dey there sha o, but if you succeed, PM me your joint sharpaly grin

lolz! be sure dat i'll do that grin
Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by Saluman(m): 4:58pm On Dec 15, 2012
I fear the OP!

A woman killing a chicken with such violence lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

What stops her from doing the same to a mans gbola when she is hungry for em...the thing? shocked
Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by deebrain(m): 5:04pm On Dec 15, 2012
Funny...but OP the ways u listed look like stealing.
Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by esere826: 5:39pm On Dec 15, 2012
I must commend the writer of this post for doing a great job
of writing and entertaining us throughout the year.

I have therefore clicked on this thread =>
https://www.nairaland.com/1131064/official-literature-writing-section-poster/3 and typed 'ishilove'

as a vote of confidence on her prolific and God given skills to awe us

Ishilove, a toast to you as we get into a Newyear.
"may you have triplets in three succession, and may your bossom still be like FIFA balls when you are in your 80's"
Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by Ishilove: 5:43pm On Dec 15, 2012
firestar: ^Ever tried your tactic on a turkey?
Hahahahahahaha!!! Hell nah! cheesy
Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by Ishilove: 5:45pm On Dec 15, 2012
esere826: I must commend the writer of this post for doing a great job

https://www.nairaland.com/1131064/official-literature-writing-section-poster/3 and typed 'ishilove'

Ishilove, a toast to you.
"may you have triplets in three succession, and may your bossom still be like FIFA balls when you are in your 80's"
Jeezus! JEESuS!!!! Lmao! cheesy

Lmao!

I'm speechless cheesy shocked shocked
Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by Ishilove: 5:46pm On Dec 15, 2012
ITbomb: What Ishilove thinks is chasing a fowl
Lwkmd!! Nairaland ehhhhh!! cheesy
Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by Ishilove: 5:47pm On Dec 15, 2012
esere826: I must commend the writer of this post for doing a great job

JESUS!!!!! cheesy cheesy grin

Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by lomprico(m): 6:39pm On Dec 15, 2012
Ishilove: Sight target {preferably the pesky neighbourhood cock who goes around terrorising and raping the hens} and close in with a handful of maize in one hand and a big fat stick in the other. When you are close enough,toss the maize and call the target.

The target rushes to you and pecks away happily at your feet,unaware that his end has come.

Raise stick and smash! The target gives a mighty "KWAAAAAA!" and drops dead. Stuff carcass into a basket, fling the murder weapon into the forest and sneak back to your room, where a pot is already on the boil.

Another method:

Lure target to you with grains of maize. When it is eating its last meal at your feet,grab target by the throat with one hand,ball second hand into a fist, raise fist as high as you can and ...

SMASH! PIPIAOW!! KPUGBUU!!! The target won't know what hit it. Stuff carcass into bag or basket and flee.

CAVEAT-This method is messy. Victims might be decapitated.

And another. . .

Lure target to you in the afore mentioned manner. Swiftly grab target and strangle. Stuff corpse into bag and vamoose.

**Author's note-ALL the methods described here have been tried and tested,with satisfactory results {don't ask me who}.

HOWEVER,the success of each method is hinged on the total and complete absence of witnesses.

Nota bene grin

Guy! Am sure u don tif chicken well well b4
Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by firestar(f): 6:42pm On Dec 15, 2012
Ishilove:
Hahahahahahaha!!! Hell nah! cheesy
Ha, why nau? Na bonanza be dat! tongue
Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by illicit(m): 7:22pm On Dec 15, 2012
@ishi, see no fowl will see u carryong a big stick in hand and still follow u come chop corn at ur feet, unless u r talkin agric mumu fowl, not those ones in my area.
Method me and my housemates use back then, close d door leading to ur backyard, leave ur kictchen door open and close all room doors, open d front door amd litter grain all around the floor of the passage from ur verandah straight to d kitchen, walk away and watch from the nearby bush or tree, whichever u prefer, chickens will come in in multitude, now go in after dem with ur pals and lock d front door after u, u will select and catch d best and leave d rest. #it works#
Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by simdam500(m): 7:49pm On Dec 15, 2012
Nice write up.
D funniest part is d pix. Lmao
Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by lagcity(m): 9:09pm On Dec 15, 2012
Very funny thread. Reminds me how we dey take catch teachers' chicken for FGC grin
Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by abdullkabar(m): 10:11pm On Dec 15, 2012
omo see laying in ambush 4 iya sikira's fawu cheesy
Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by abdullkabar(m): 10:15pm On Dec 15, 2012
omo see laying in ambush 4 iya sikira's fawu cheesy
Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by Ishilove: 10:17pm On Dec 15, 2012
illicit: @ishi, see no fowl will see u carryong a big stick in hand and still follow u come chop corn at ur feet, unless u r talkin agric mumu fowl, not those ones in my area.
Method me and my housemates use back then, close d door leading to ur backyard, leave ur kictchen door open and close all room doors, open d front door amd litter grain all around the floor of the passage from ur verandah straight to d kitchen, walk away and watch from the nearby bush or tree, whichever u prefer, chickens will come in in multitude, now go in after dem with ur pals and lock d front door after u, u will select and catch d best and leave d rest. #it works#
E be like sey fowl tif plenty for area grin
Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by abdullkabar(m): 10:21pm On Dec 15, 2012
4 d picx.imagine tryin 2 catch a fawu nd it corkx an AK47 at u shocked
na Begging tinx:oko iya mi jo dakun

Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by Ishilove: 10:25pm On Dec 15, 2012
abdullkabar:
na Begging tinx: "oko iya mi jo dakun"
Lmao!!! Werey!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by illicit(m): 10:53pm On Dec 15, 2012
Ishilove:
E be like sey fowl tif plenty for area grin
Lol no be me o, I just overheard a guy tellin his friends dis story so I tot I shd share#
Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by Ishilove: 11:40pm On Dec 15, 2012
illicit:
Lol no be me o, I just overheard a guy tellin his friends dis story so I tot I shd share#
Toh,if you say so tongue
Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by maxman10(m): 2:17am On Dec 16, 2012
I dunnoooo! maybe it's the area, or environment. Mayb culture or ethnicity, mayb mama or papo upbringing or idiosyncracy, or maybe it's outrightly the Nigeria effect.
WoW! For a lady to post a thing like this, it's thrilling. I mean, it's so hilarious on it's own, but wen I finishd reading it,I assumed it to be a male. Then seeing "Ishilove", u must be one unique character. I smiley smiley so like u already. That's intriguing. Nice one
Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by maxman10(m): 2:21am On Dec 16, 2012
Commenting on the post. I quickly realised that this is mostly applicable (90%) on agric fowls. Cos if it's a village or 'okuko igbo' (as we call it here), then you'll have a 30% chance of luring it in that manner. It might not even look at you. Even after you might have dropped the grains and moved away a considerable distance, it wll stll be relluctnt to step any closer still.

They are mostly chased or pursued, hehe cheesy cheesy
Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by Ishilove: 5:42am On Dec 16, 2012
maxman10: Commenting on the post. I quickly realised that this is mostly applicable (90%) on agric fowls. Cos if it's a village or 'okuko igbo' (as we call it here), then you'll have a 30% chance of luring it in that manner. It might not even look at you. Even after you might have dropped the grains and moved away a considerable distance, it wll stll be relluctnt to step any closer still.

They are mostly chased or pursued, hehe cheesy cheesy
Lol. They are lesser intelligent specie so If you play your game right, then 'okuko' of all ethnicity will fall into your trap...and pot of soup. Hehehe...grin
Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by Ishilove: 5:44am On Dec 16, 2012
maxman10: I dunnoooo! maybe it's the area, or environment. Mayb culture or ethnicity, mayb mama or papo upbringing or idiosyncracy, or maybe it's outrightly the Nigeria effect.
WoW! For a lady to post a thing like this, it's thrilling. I mean, it's so hilarious on it's own, but wen I finishd reading it,I assumed it to be a male. Then seeing "Ishilove", u must be one unique character. I smiley smiley so like u already. That's intriguing. Nice one
Thank you, I like you too. grin

Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by esere826: 6:41am On Dec 16, 2012
Hi readers

This is xmas season, a period to give back
It takes a lot of effort and creativity to write such a thread

Please remember to show your appreciation to the writer by voting her in this section=>
https://www.nairaland.com/1131064/official-literature-writing-section-poster/3
simply click and type ishilove

Have a wonderful xmas and a happy newyear
Re: Ways To Catch A Chicken by Ishilove: 8:36am On Dec 16, 2012
esere826: Hi readers

This is xmas season, a period to give back
It takes a lot of effort and creativity to write such a thread

Please remember to show your appreciation to the writer by voting her in this section=>
https://www.nairaland.com/1131064/official-literature-writing-section-poster/3
simply click and type ishilove

Have a wonderful xmas and a happy newyear

Baking Tips Everyone Should Know / How To Make Condensed Milk At Home / Tjskii Gives Birth To A Baby Boy. . . . Congratulations!