Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,494 members, 7,964,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 05:16 AM

Christianity For Christians. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity For Christians. (10611 Views)

Why Am Leaving Christianity For New Age / Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section / Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christianity For Christians. by ismail09: 11:05am On Jun 11, 2012
Good! But it shu be a religion platform that givs equal chanc to other religions, not only christnty
Re: Christianity For Christians. by cold(m): 11:40am On Jun 11, 2012
That video clip uploaded by lastpage summarises everything Islam.Violence,violence & more violence.Jheeze!What manner of people are these?
Re: Christianity For Christians. by emsquare(m): 11:52am On Jun 11, 2012
The Arbiter: Well spoken. I was wondering when the agitation would start.

Having a healthy Swim in dirty water is wishful thinking, but swimming with sharks in dirty water is suicide.

LOL!
Re: Christianity For Christians. by emsquare(m): 11:53am On Jun 11, 2012
Zodiac61:
Last time I checked, this was a forum, not a church.
You want to mingle exclusively with christians, go to church.
You are upset that people do not respect your delusion, tough.
It you are so thin skinned, do not come here.

Mtcheew!
Re: Christianity For Christians. by emsquare(m): 11:55am On Jun 11, 2012
buzugee: you dont make too much demands but the one demand you make is the size of texas grin grin

Hahahahaha
Re: Christianity For Christians. by kandiikane(m): 11:58am On Jun 11, 2012
cold: That video clip uploaded by lastpage summarises everything Islam.Violence,violence & more violence.Jheeze!What manner of people are these?

Do you really want to come off ignorant?
Re: Christianity For Christians. by ckkris: 12:33pm On Jun 11, 2012
@odunnu,
Christians are saved to be the Light and Salt of Nigeria nairaland. Can you imagine what would have remained like, what islamic Boko Haram would have done to Nigeria, if there were no christians. Remember the defunct Soviet Union, China, East Germany, etc. If you create christianland, many christians will still remain at nairaland, and continue to declare, and proclaim, that JESUS IS LORD, until the knees of Logic Mind, et al, bow, and the tongues of atheists confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Its a exciting to be Nigerian. H A L E U I A A A A A A.

1 Like

Re: Christianity For Christians. by AondofaSaakaG: 1:14pm On Jun 11, 2012
Christianity is a part of us Nigerians so it will be cool to introduce it on a forum made for us Naija people,bless.
Re: Christianity For Christians. by deols(f): 1:17pm On Jun 11, 2012
kandiikane: This is like a cat and mouse game. "Because muslim have section we should have it too?" You are meant to be big men and women (except Goldie) and you are here crying over spilt milk.

The Islamic. Section is needed for many because Islam is a box and you have to stay within its 4 walls(or 5pillars if we want to go deep) with strict guidelines. There are many who don't have much access to islam and being a muslim so they come on here to learn.

Islam is a very different religion to christianity and much stricter. There are no leeways whereas in christianity you are allowed to do things you were denied previous. Basicallyy, anything you feel like.

We cannot do so, we follow it by the book from beginning to end we don't leave it to interpretation. As you can see the Qu'ran is in arabic and that is not our language and for us that don't have arabic schools where we are, we need the section. By having the section, we get help in our everyday lives. For those living in obodo oyinbo, if a christian wants help they have churches in every street corner but with mosques, you have like 1 in every 200 street corner. We hardly have access to mosques to learn.
Just recently I learnt that I should not be having my 9p interest on my savings so imagine if it was not for the section I would have continued living in yet another sin.
I hope you see where I am going with this?

So please growup! Only my unborn 6year old would whine and moan over spilt milk.

@lastpage, that link you posted is not the Islam I know and being brought up with.

My body still crawls from watching that. I guess the guy is a martyr, no?

never knew u'r a Muslim o. U know that proverb about throwing a stone into the market
Re: Christianity For Christians. by deols(f): 1:22pm On Jun 11, 2012
matter of factly, there isnt much a christians only section would achieve.

Well, maybe except for catholics taking the full reins. I'd really want a catholic mod for who else would be deserving of taking the lead. They appear to be practicing christianity in its purest form.
Re: Christianity For Christians. by kandiikane(m): 1:26pm On Jun 11, 2012
deols:

never knew u'r a Muslim o. U know that proverb about throwing a stone into the market

The way I speak sometimes you might think I'm an athiest.

I'm very unbiased. I don't choose and exclude the rest.

Abeg, tell me the story about the stone thrower. I'm not familiar with yoruba proverbs.
Re: Christianity For Christians. by cold(m): 1:28pm On Jun 11, 2012
kandiikane:

Do you really want to come off ignorant?
Huh!Excuse you?Abeg park well jor!Don't even get me started.
Re: Christianity For Christians. by kandiikane(m): 1:35pm On Jun 11, 2012
cold:
Huh!Excuse you?Abeg park well jor!Don't even get me started.

Lol, funny!

Start, na! No one is stopping you cheesy
Re: Christianity For Christians. by cold(m): 1:40pm On Jun 11, 2012
kandiikane:

Lol, funny!
Start, na! No one is stopping you cheesy

Ok i'll tow your line & keep it jocular
Re: Christianity For Christians. by JeSoul(f): 2:23pm On Jun 11, 2012
dekung: While it is true that there is no christian section on NL, I believe there is a thread opened for them to air their Godly view. The thread is always on front page and I dont think I have ever visited that thread like I have never visited the Islamic thread. Talking about people that are insultive and uncouth, I think honour should be given to two people Davidylan and Vedaxcool. Davidylan cannot make a sentence without issuing at least 3 insulting words and aam not sure MODs have ever banned, warned or deleted any of his posts. Logicboy challenged Jesoul on this and am surprised she hasnt responded. In my opinion I think the forum should be merged into a single forum. Because once Seun starts creating section then there would be need for subsection just like Lagosshia is asking for different sub sections for Suni, shia etc. Christian to would start requesting baptist section, anglical section, Daystar section etc
Hi Dekung, in response to that, lemme first say when you become a mod, you'll quickly understand that you have to pick your spots and not spend time replying to every accusation or else you'll find yourself uneccesarily on the defensive for no good reason. But I realize others are probably curious too so let me reply that...

In the yrs I've been modding I have banned 3, at the most 4 people from this section, and within the last year only 1 person. In other words, bans are my last resort as I've found that 99% of posters respond positively when I send them a caution or kindly ask them to refrain (although I guess posters will prefer the mods be more strict from here on). David will be the first to tell you he can do better with his behavior, but everytime I've come across him (and he hasn't even posted in this section for a while unless I'm mistaken), he has apologised and the peace was restored to the thread. And this goes for not just David, this is how I treat everyone and a lot of the time both parties are guilty of insulting each other. Logicboy is complaining here, but he is the poster I receive the most complaints about most recently, I wonder if he's curious as to why he hasn't be banned ever?

So Dekung there you have it. Cheers brother.

1 Like

Re: Christianity For Christians. by JeSoul(f): 2:32pm On Jun 11, 2012
Odunnu,
my sister thanks. I appreciate the vote of confidence. You're a mod so you understand the difficulties.

And @all Christians in general,
I appeal to you all to not make Seun's life any more difficult. It may not be 'fair' not to have 'our' own section but let us rise above that and show we can be tolerant even when we're being abused. Open christian only topics (and be sure to specify that in the title) and the mods will make sure it is free from non-christian interference. If it is gate-crashed, don't fall into a fighting match or war of words, report on the mod thread and we will ban the offender.

And likewise do not incite the atheists into insulting you. A lot of the time some christians will open threads aimed at irking atheists and then complain when they arrive and fire back. Don't expect the mods to 'intervene on your behalf' when you started the fight.

This section can accomodate all of us if we respect one another, refrain from incendiary comments and behave like the adults we all claim to be. I'm a christian, and many of the atheists/agnostics etc in this section are good friends of mine & I respect a lot. Don't let the empty barrels making the most noise drown out the many quality posters we have in the section. I believe with a little understanding and a lot of patience we can all peacefully co-exist. Thank you all & cheers.

1 Like

Re: Christianity For Christians. by logicboy: 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2012
JeSoul: Hi Dekung, in response to that, lemme first say when you become a mod, you'll quickly understand that you have to pick your spots and not spend time replying to every accusation or else you'll find yourself uneccesarily on the defensive for no good reason. But I realize others are probably curious too so let me reply that...

In the yrs I've been modding I have banned 3, at the most 4 people from this section, and within the last year only 1 person. In other words, bans are my last resort as I've found that 99% of posters respond positively when I send them a caution or kindly ask them to refrain (although I guess posters will prefer the mods be more strict from here on). David will be the first to tell you he can do better with his behavior, but everytime I've come across him (and he hasn't even posted in this section for a while unless I'm mistaken), he has apologised and the peace was restored to the thread. And this goes for not just David, this is how I treat everyone and a lot of the time both parties are guilty of insulting each other. Logicboy is complaining here, but he is the poster I receive the most complaints about most recently, I wonder if he's curious as to why he hasn't be banned ever?

So Dekung there you have it. Cheers brother.
Are you mixing me up with your Nairaland husband "Logic Mind". There is no possible way, I could be the most complained about poster. I'm not a saint but I cant be that bad?

As for you Jesoul, you just showed what is wrong with christianity with its "heaven and forgiveness" doctrine. So, Davidylan insults then apologises and then insults again in a never ending loop? Jesoul are you changing your name to Jesus because the theory is that Jesus is the guy that forgives always?

Even if I am the most complained about guy on Nairaland, it doesnt change the fact that Davidylan is a verbal thug. Why do we get unequal treatment? Why is Logicboy more notorious than Davidylan if not for a christian bias?

I dont have a problem with your moderation most of the time. My only problem is that you cant see that you will always have a bias as a christian- a christian bias. Is it not mostly christians that complain about me? Half of the complaints would be as a result of debunking their threads- not insults.
Re: Christianity For Christians. by philip0906(m): 2:50pm On Jun 11, 2012
The op is asking for a christian thread and some deluded atheists r the first 2 respond? y r u guys so infatuated with Christianity? I know there is an islamic forum here,but i have never been there so do others cos its none of our business. . .but u atheists just can't let us be.Whenever God/Christian is mentioned,ur adrenaline hots up and vava voom. . .scary

1 Like

Re: Christianity For Christians. by Areaboy2(m): 2:53pm On Jun 11, 2012
philip0906: The op is asking for a christian thread and some deluded atheists r the first 2 respond? y r u guys so infatuated with Christianity? I know there is an islamic forum here,but i have never been there so do others cos its none of our business. . .but u atheists just can't let us be.Whenever God/Christian is mentioned,ur adrenaline hots up and vava voom. . .scary

we get preached to on the streets without asking for it (not the mention the loud speakers that wont let us sleep). why then do you complain when we voice our opinion?
Re: Christianity For Christians. by logicboy: 2:58pm On Jun 11, 2012
Area_boy:

we get preached to on the streets without asking for it (not the mention the loud speakers that wont let us sleep). why then do you complain when we voice our opinion?

Ignorance goes hand in hand with christianity. They dont know that they are the ones most infatuated with atheists and unbelievers.
Re: Christianity For Christians. by JeSoul(f): 3:02pm On Jun 11, 2012
logicboy:
Are you mixing me up with your Nairaland husband "Logic Mind". There is no possible way, I could be the most complained about poster. I'm not a saint but I cant be that bad?
Lol. Is it really that hard for you to believe?

As for you Jesoul, you just showed what is wrong with christianity with its "heaven and forgiveness" doctrine. So, Davidylan insults then apologises and then insults again in a never ending loop? Jesoul are you changing your name to Jesus because the theory is that Jesus is the guy that forgives always? Even if I am the most complained about guy on Nairaland, it doesnt change the fact that Davidylan is a verbal thug. Why do we get unequal treatment? Why is Logicboy more notorious than Davidylan if not for a christian bias?
Again, don't selectively read my posts. I treat ALL posters in this section with the same lenient hand. And as I said David hasn't been a regular poster in this section for a while so I'm not sure why he's your main complaint despite his absence. I respond when I see a problem and I've only seen one with David once this past yr - I'm not on every single thread to know when posters go off line, its up to you to complain and you have never officiallyu complained about David on the mod thread (unless I'm wrong & I missed it). Please provide evidence where I've seen him misbehave and looked the other way. All these accusations will not suffice for wiser minds.

I dont have a problem with your moderation most of the time. My only problem is that you cant see that you will always have a bias as a christian- a christian bias. Is it not mostly christians that complain about me? Half of the complaints would be as a result of debunking their threads- not insults.
I'm a human being and so therefore I WILL be susceptible to be biased - that is why this section has a christian mod, an atheist mod, a muslim mod (mukina) and an neutral mod (Seun) - so are we all partial to only christians?

I've said my piece and will leave it at that.

1 Like

Re: Christianity For Christians. by lastpage: 3:16pm On Jun 11, 2012
codeaddict:
That was 2008. Read about it here-http://naijatechtalk./2008/02/06/re-why-seun-may-forbid-the-discussion-of-islam-on-nairaland/

Odunnu: Wow! Wow! Wow! Thanx code. Its eyeopening. So instead of 'forbiding the discussion on Islam' like he said, he decided to give them a 'joint'. Now I represent Christians here and asking nicely, i'm not threatning nobody but I do hope its attended to.

You See!

This is the problem with this country......where everything is defined by "Religion" but NOTHING GOOD is done by the Practitioners of same Religion!
Why should Seun's life be threatened by any Muslim?
Why are MUSLIMS so prone to violence and so eager to use it?
Why must he be blackmailed into creating a Muslim Section?
How are we supposed to live together, if we keep threatening each other?
.....And why cant Seun "stand his ground", if his conscience bears witness to him, that he is right in not allowing Religious/Islamic Fanaticism?

There lies the problem of this country; Even corruption started from Religion: when Prophets refuse to say/preach the truth and stand by it.

Instead of everyone using their strength and energy to improve "real things" and help their fellow mwn, they are squabbling of "I am a Muslim/Christian and my religion is better"!

Feck-off and forget the name of your religion. PRACTICE SPIRITUALITY AND DO WHAT IS GOOD.[/b
[b]
Your religion SHOULD BE IN YOUR HEART......that is where "good or evil" resides!
tongue

Too many dumb and ignorant people around here!
Dont "MOUTH" your religion. Let us see it in your character and every-day life!

No wonder they say "Religion is the OPIUM (Drug) of the People....especially "small minds""! wink

Lastpage!
Re: Christianity For Christians. by logicboy: 3:24pm On Jun 11, 2012
JeSoul: Lol. Is it really that hard for you to believe?

So you throw out an accusation that I'm the most complained about guy on this section and I should accept it without evidence?

JeSoul:
Again, don't selectively read my posts. I treat ALL posters in this section with the same lenient hand. And as I said David hasn't been a regular poster in this section for a while so I'm not sure why he's your main complaint despite his absence. I respond when I see a problem and I've only seen one with David once this past yr - I'm not on every single thread to know when posters go off line, its up to you to complain and you have never officiallyu complained about David on the mod thread (unless I'm wrong & I missed it). Please provide evidence where I've seen him misbehave and looked the other way. All these accusations will not suffice for wiser minds.

1) Davidylan's absence for some weeks is irrelevant. It doesnt change his attitude and the blind eye turned to his insults

2) You are lenient towards everyone, no doubt. This is what I like about you. However, you are more lenient towards the christians. Remember the thread about me that claimed that I was a raped altar boy? Where were the Mods then? Did I have to complain? It was there for days and getting pages of comments. No one did anything. Not one person stopped and thought about the insult and cyberbullying that thread represented. Dont you love christians? It was until I conplained

Did anyone get banned? Tell me, what has Logic Mind done that is worse than that? Logic Mind has been banned by you.

JeSoul:
I'm a human being and so therefore I WILL be susceptible to be biased - that is why this section has a christian mod, an atheist mod, a muslim mod (mukina) and an neutral mod (Seun) - so are we all partial to only christians?

I've said my piece and will leave it at that.

You're still my favourite moderator. Any wife of Logic Mind is my inlaw kiss
Re: Christianity For Christians. by majojolo: 3:26pm On Jun 11, 2012
Is NAIRALAND a Religious FORUM? Or you mean to have a Christian section separately and far away from NAIRALAND?

As a believer, showing concern and seeking for a media to voice out your faith or preach your religion is acceptable.
Re: Christianity For Christians. by naylove(m): 3:37pm On Jun 11, 2012
NL just gets crazier by the minute..
Re: Christianity For Christians. by majojolo: 3:40pm On Jun 11, 2012
[quote]COLD are you a human being? When making statement about other people's religion mind the way you talk. Your expression shows how ignorant and devil you are. Blind follower.
Re: Christianity For Christians. by cold(m): 4:05pm On Jun 11, 2012
^^^ grin grin was that directed at me?Abi you miss road
Re: Christianity For Christians. by kandiikane(m): 4:12pm On Jun 11, 2012
^it's either they haven't parked well or have missed their way. Na you na. Wetin cheesy
Re: Christianity For Christians. by cold(m): 4:21pm On Jun 11, 2012
kandiikane: ^it's either they haven't parked well or have missed their way. Na you na. Wetin cheesy
Ok grin
Re: Christianity For Christians. by humblebee: 4:25pm On Jun 11, 2012
the reason christians are demanding for a section us because muslims have theirs. its simple. create it for them or scrap muslim section. its not hard at all. just common sense!
Re: Christianity For Christians. by philip0906(m): 4:42pm On Jun 11, 2012
Area_boy:

Rubbish. . .Don't people throw parties every weekend in lagos with loudspeakers blaring 4rm all corners?Aren't there beer parlour joints in every nook and cranny of lagos blasting jams in2 our ear drums without asking 4 it? yet no one complains. My point is u guyz just can't do without humping around anything that has 2 do with Christianity like it itches ur atheistic ba.lls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court / "Why Couldn't God Forgive Satan?" / Will You Be Ready When The Lord Shall Come? - Olamide Obire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.