Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,351 members, 7,891,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 03:07 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (516220 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GuudGod: 10:31pm On Sep 21, 2012
lft:

Due to heavy workload for the faculty assistants, it took 5-6 working days. The process is that your department must approve the deferral and send a confirmation to the faculty of graduate studies who will do the necessary letters. I wouldn't know if that will be the same process in your school.

Thanks..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DeeOneBangin: 10:46pm On Sep 21, 2012
spencer3705:

dats hearsay!!!dat university is no goin area 4 3rd class students.pls dnt just waste ur applicatiƶn fee.a friend wif second class lower was declined admision based on low cgpa.u can give it a shot if u doubt me...

Thanks for the info, hw abt I apply for a transfer credit and probably get to study for 2yrs and get another Bsc degree. Is dat also possible? E.g I have a 3rd class in agric econs, and I want to av another Bsc in d same agric econs.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seir405: 12:39am On Sep 22, 2012
[quote author=Deeone_bangin!]

Thanks for the info, hw abt I apply for a transfer credit and probably get to study for 2yrs and get another Bsc degree. Is dat also possible? E.g I have a 3rd class in agric econs, and I want to av another Bsc in d same agric econs.

It will be better you apply for a diploma program or advance diploma with your 3rd class in colleges better off than thinking of applying another Bsc
Age is another thing you should watch for anoda BSC de diploma thing is good
D vo's consider age for undergraduate program
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by sucrecruz: 5:29am On Sep 22, 2012
@sier405,
what about post graduate diploma what is thier stand on it asper the grade system is it a second class upper stuff too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by sucrecruz: 5:35am On Sep 22, 2012
@All please what is the application process for the university of saskatchewan for post graduate diploma
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by sucrecruz: 5:41am On Sep 22, 2012
@deeone bangin av u tried thier post graduate diploma becos from the school web site they have departments that offer pgd
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 7:46am On Sep 22, 2012
Deeone_bangin!:

in my case,i transfer credit to u of s cos i applied as a transfer student and in less than 3wks,i was admitted.i tink ur case is different cos u av graduated already.how come wud u tranfer credit?i think ur best bet is advance diploma.all da best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 7:52am On Sep 22, 2012
GuudGod:

Pls LFt..how long does it take you to get your deferral letter..what was the process,how did you go about it..although we going to different skool..I have not heard back from the skool about the deferral letter for winter..

bro find somefin done on time is getin l8.try and engage in live chat wif admision unit cos dis is wat i did and every cndition work out 4 my gud.best wishes
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 7:57am On Sep 22, 2012
@justwise

please i urge u to unbarn lillaowow.dis guy is an active member wit lot of insight on dis thread.cos he suported my view u barned him...u sud av banned me instead...i wud b relieved if my request is granted.this sud b democratic.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DeeOneBangin: 7:57am On Sep 22, 2012
spencer3705:

in my case,i transfer credit to u of s cos i applied as a transfer student and in less than 3wks,i was admitted.i tink ur case is different cos u av graduated already.how come wud u tranfer credit?i think ur best bet is advance diploma.all da best

Thanks vry much. Is advanced diploma the same as post graduate diploma? And how long does advanced diploma program run
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 8:15am On Sep 22, 2012
Deeone_bangin!:

Thanks vry much. Is advanced diploma the same as post graduate diploma? And how long does advanced diploma program run

na everytin person go dey c 4 dis forum.wetin be post graduate diploma?me sef no sabi.bt advance diploma is run for 2years
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 8:27am On Sep 22, 2012
Deeone_bangin!:

The two may be the same depending on the institution.Some call it advanced diploma or post graduate and the requirement must be that you have completed a bachelor degree before you can apply.Some do tag it advanced diploma and you don't need Bachelor degree before you can apply just like diploma.Pgd and Ad can be run 1 to 2 years depending on the institution.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DeeOneBangin: 9:04am On Sep 22, 2012
surecan:

The two may be the same depending on the institution.Some call it advanced diploma or post graduate and the requirement must be that you have completed a bachelor degree before you can apply.Some do tag it advanced diploma and you don't need Bachelor degree before you can apply just like diploma.Pgd and Ad can be run 1 to 2 years depending on the institution.

Osheeeeeeey!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seir405: 9:27am On Sep 22, 2012
Deeone_bangin!:

Advance diploma and diploma is the same as post gradate diploma

In colleges Diploma is a 2years program it has a term internship work. For advance diploma is a 3year program it has two term internship work.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seir405: 9:51am On Sep 22, 2012
sucre cruz: @sier405,
what about post graduate diploma what is thier stand on it asper the grade system is it a second class upper stuff too
I don't understand u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 10:06am On Sep 22, 2012
seir405:

Advance diploma and diploma is the same as post gradate diploma

In colleges Diploma is a 2years program it has a term internship work. For advance diploma is a 3year program it has two term internship work.

Do you think that diploma and post graduate diploma are the same
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 10:47am On Sep 22, 2012
Ordinary diploma is different from post graduate diploma. I think we could get ourselves cleared by checking on the schools website for each requirement. PGDiploma requirement will surely be a BSc. While Diploma is seen as our National Diploma here.. House could put more light.
surecan:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:52am On Sep 22, 2012
Joe980: Ordinary diploma is different from post graduate diploma. I think we could get ourselves cleared by checking on the schools website for each requirement. PGDiploma requirement will surely be a BSc. While Diploma is seen as our National Diploma here.. House could put more light.

That is right.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seir405: 11:05am On Sep 22, 2012
surecan:

For colleges Advance diploma and diploma has d same requirement for admission,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 11:15am On Sep 22, 2012
Joe980: Ordinary diploma is different from post graduate diploma. I think we could get ourselves cleared by checking on the schools website for each requirement. PGDiploma requirement will surely be a BSc. While Diploma is seen as our National Diploma here.. House could put more light.

now you have come
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 11:15am On Sep 22, 2012
[quote author=seir405]
For colleges Advance diploma and diploma has d same requirement for admission,

not for all colleges
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 11:50am On Sep 22, 2012
Hahaha...how do you mean please?. Postgraduate basically means 'aftergraduating'
surecan:

now you have come
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:26pm On Sep 22, 2012
PGD is a program developed for students to cover for lapses in undergraduate degree i.e If u didnt graduate with a good mark or diverting to a new field that requires some prerequisite......

Advance diploma on the other hand sounds more like our HND in Nigeria........
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by MrNigeria2(m): 2:18pm On Sep 22, 2012
Now live. ..
Nigeria vs Canada hope all of Una go bone Canada VISA if we win this match o o o hehehe
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by omosanyaolak(m): 2:33pm On Sep 22, 2012
@justwise, pls unbanned lillaowow. This request is necessary at the moment. Its been over 48hrs you have banned him. This forum brought us 2geda as one 9ja. We'r brothers and sisters here no matter our differences and personal views. Pls free lillaowow. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 4:58pm On Sep 22, 2012
omosanyaolak: @justwise, pls unbanned lillaowow. This request is necessary at the moment. Its been over 48hrs you have banned him. This forum brought us 2geda as one 9ja. We'r brothers and sisters here no matter our differences and personal views. Pls free lillaowow. Thanks

Pls unban mr lillaowow, he has contributed immensely in this forum
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:18pm On Sep 22, 2012
@frankie2K

Please lets avoid pasting a link to any travel agent, if any travel agent wants to promote their business here then they should contact seun.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 7:41pm On Sep 22, 2012
@mercylicious, hope u have re-aplied?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 22, 2012
Yeah. I did on 12th sept.
Just chilling now while u guys fight each other like the typical nairaland thread-politics sectn.

Just to add, for ppl dt applied for US lottery, start praying now cos they said they might do another selectn on Oct 4th.

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.