Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,561 members, 7,951,348 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 02:28 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (521651 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 8:05pm On Sep 25, 2012
kennyGGG: Hi All! Enjoy reading

OTTAWA — Canada’s economy could be in trouble if universities don’t start churning out more graduates from all fields of study, including the arts and humanities, says the Association of Universities and Colleges Canada.

“If we think our economy is going to be healthy going forward without a well-educated population, we’re kidding ourselves. It is not going to happen,” said Stephen Toope, AUCC’s chair and the president of the University of British Columbia.

His comments might surprise those who believe today’s job market is flooded with unemployed or under-employed English and history grads.

But both he and AUCC president Paul Davidson contend graduates from those fields, as well as those from science, technology, engineering and math, are and will to continue to be in high demand by employers.

“There seems to be a myth out there that we’ve got enough university grads,” Davidson said Monday during a meeting with the Citizen’s editorial board.

“We actually don’t in this economy. There’s a real appetite for more, and it’s only going to grow more profound over the next 10 years.”

AUCC, which represents more than 90 universities and degree-granting colleges, says employment rates across the entire post-secondary education sector for all graduates, including those who studied arts and humanities, are high, and many are working at jobs that relate to what they studied.

It estimates an additional 2.1 million jobs will be created for university graduates between now and 2020, and also points to Statistics Canada figures showing the net increase in new jobs for university grads between July 2008 and July 2012 was 700,000, compared with 320,000 net new jobs for college grads.

The number of jobs for people with no post-secondary education shrank during the same period.

Although he presides over a prestigious university, Toope said AUCC’s call for more university graduates is less about competition within the post-secondary sector and more about making Canada globally competitive.

The majority of new jobs created in Canada in the coming decade will require some kind of post-secondary credential and he just wants universities to get their share.

“If we just sink all of our investments right now into trades education, we’re going to find five years from now we’re going to have a bunch of people with no projects to work on because no one’s doing the planning, no one’s doing the engineering design, no one’s the entrepreneur that actually creates the opportunities,” he said.

Canada produces fewer graduates from the fields of science, technology, engineering and math than the United States, which itself lags behind Europe and Asia.

“We do have to try to figure out how to encourage students from high school to think about going into science, technology, engineering and mathematics, but that’s not about saying people shouldn’t be doing arts degrees,” Toope said.

“It really does depend on what their capacity is, what their ambition and talents are.”

AUCC also wants Canadian schools to ramp up co-operative education or internship programs, which half of all university students already have access to as part of their program. Such programs are a win-win situation for students who get a taste of a real job in their field and employers who get prime access to prospective employees.

“It’s an incredible eye-opener for students,” Toope said. “Being out in industry actually experiencing what a work environment can actually help concentrate the mind pretty effectively.”

Imagine!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by anyijoe: 8:20pm On Sep 25, 2012
[quote author=Don Cipher]@anyijoe, ur 'so called' fam friend is to blame 4ur refusal. Imagine refusing to provide all u requested for & afta denial he suddenly bcums intrstd again. My advice; if u hv anoda viable optn for sponsorship u go 4it. Seems CDHC nw hands out xtra conditns alongside med call; u dnt wnt to start beggn such a sponsor whn u get der. Any1 dts nt willing 2 provide u wit mor thn u nid - dnt use evn if staty is N1b. "Staty wit land docs & no sponsor letter" sory to say dis but ur first app was empty. Give mor details abt othr docs submitd...Cheers

@augustapplicant and don cipher! Thanks for the advise!...

This tym around I will cool down and take my time to arrange my docs!....

@don cipher! I totally understood all u said!...d guy in question is a very wealth guy!..!but as at the tym I was running for these trv docs! He lost his dad and was preparing for his burial....so he wasn't frndly at the tym I was coming for all these docs! But wen he heard abt my refusal! He felt so bad! Cos he knew he was the course of it!......and now wanted to make it up to me!

But my mum doesn't want him any longer...now we will use a more close relative ! My mom's cousin! With a family tree to show for it!...

But as for me I don't blame the guy in question cos I felt he was under pressure @ that tym...

With God willing! My next move will be my success story!...thanks to all of u! U guys are like a family to me...God bless us all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Imoro: 10:35pm On Sep 25, 2012
@ earthgreeners: thanks for ur input....

@ anyijoe: am sure u are beta equipped wit the tons of info frm this thread to refire....
earthgreeners:

I think he needs to include sponsor documents which will atleast cover for his living expenses..

I suggest a Letter of Intent to explain...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 11:37pm On Sep 25, 2012
Hello NL...pls help М̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ with this issue..
A̶̲̥̅♏ planning τ̅☺ use an extended family member wit a reasonable amount of money in her account. (Different surname but I Can draw a family tree that she's related τ̅☺ my mum)
She's willing τ̅☺ provide d necessary documents coupled wit a sponsorship letter that wud indicate that she would transfer all the cash dat would cover my sch fees aπϑ living expenses into my account prior τ̅☺ my application for TRV.
I'll provide her statement of account aπϑ mine in liu τ̅☺ that.
she ЂåS̤̈̊ 4 children. 3 A̶̲̥̅̊rε̲̣̣̣̥ married aπϑ the last one is also studying in canada.

Kindly advice about this
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 11:40pm On Sep 25, 2012
Hello NL...pls help М̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ with this issue..
A̶̲̥̅♏ planning τ̅☺ use an extended family member wit a reasonable amount of money in her account. (Different surname but I Can draw a family tree that she's related τ̅☺ my mum)
She's willing τ̅☺ provide d necessary documents coupled wit a sponsorship letter that wud indicate that she would transfer all the cash dat would cover my sch fees aπϑ living expenses into my account prior τ̅☺ my application for TRV.
I'll provide her statement of account aπϑ mine in liu τ̅☺ that.
she ЂåS̤̈̊ 4 children. 3 A̶̲̥̅̊rε̲̣̣̣̥ married aπϑ the last one is also studying in canada.

Kindly advice about this

justwise:

They are right to refuse you a visa.

You don't just present a bank statement from a family friend as a sponsor and expected to be given a visa. The question is....is that person capable of sponsoring you? Will that money be available for your use in Canada or just bank statement to get a visa then you travel to Canada without the money?

What does the sponsor do? Does he earn enough to be able to let go that amount of money?

Why does he want to sponsor a distant relative? We are talking about millions here..........these are the questions you should have answered with paper evidences before nursing the feeling of getting a visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Noswaa: 12:33am On Sep 26, 2012
dommakavelli: Hello NL...pls help М̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ with this issue..
She's willing τ̅☺ provide d necessary documents coupled wit a sponsorship letter that wud indicate that she would transfer all the cash dat would cover my sch fees α̲̅πϑ living expenses into my account prior τ̅☺ my application for TRV.
I'll provide her statement of account α̲̅πϑ mine in liu τ̅☺ that.
she ЂåS̤̈̊ 4 children. 3 A̶̲̥̅̊rε̲̣̣̣̥ married α̲̅πϑ the last one is also studying in canada.

Kindly advice about this

please next time write some thing readable and understandable
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by sucrecruz: 5:31am On Sep 26, 2012
@All
Please is there anyone applying for either MSC or PGD in the university of saskatchewan I need ur assistance on the procedure for the application processs
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:03am On Sep 26, 2012
sucre cruz: @All
Please is there anyone applying for either MSC or PGD in the university of saskatchewan I need ur assistance on the procedure for the application processs

how can I help, I applied to the University of Saskatchewan.....
The steps includes but not limited to;
1) Contact a potential supervisor (If you are applying for Research based MSc. If not u dnt need to contact anyone)
2) Apply online ($75 appl fee)
3) send your supporting Documents (Transcript 'from ur university' via post and statement of intent 'can be sent via email')
4) Wait for decision on your application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 9:46am On Sep 26, 2012
corrected sir
Hello NL...pls help me with this issue..
Am planning to use an extended family member with a reasonable amount of money in her account. (Different surname but I Can draw a family tree that she's related to my mum)
She's willing to provide d necessary documents coupled wit a sponsorship letter that would indicate that she'll transfer all the cash that would cover my school fees and living expenses into my account prior to my application for TRV.
I'll provide her statement of account and mine to that effect.
she has 4 children. 3 are married and the last one is also studying in canada.

Noswaa:

please next time write some thing readable and understandable
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 26, 2012
earthgreeners:

how can I help, I applied to the University of Saskatchewan.....
The steps includes but not limited to;
1) Contact a potential supervisor (If you are applying for Research based MSc. If not u dnt need to contact anyone)
2) Apply online ($75 appl fee)
3) send your supporting Documents (Transcript 'from ur university' and statement of intent 'can be sent via email')
4) Wait for decision on your application
I thought transcript could only be sent by post.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:37pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ntom: I thought transcript could only be sent by post.

I have not stated otherwise...
I said Transcript sent from the institution.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:50pm On Sep 26, 2012
dommakavelli: corrected sir
Hello NL...pls help me with this issue..Am planning to use an extended family member with a reasonable amount of money in her account. (Different surname but I Can draw a family tree that she's related to my mum)
She's willing to provide d necessary documents coupled wit a sponsorship letter that would indicate that she'll transfer all the cash that would cover my school fees and living expenses into my account prior to my application for TRV. I'll provide her statement of account and mine to that effect.
she has 4 children. 3 are married and the last one is also studying in canada.

What is her relationship with your mum?..why does she want to sponsor you?..what is her occupation?, how much does she earn (average) on monthly basis?. how am I sure there would be fund available when you get to Canada?, how much do u have as personal savings?, how do u intend to show proof of funds?. What ties do you have to Nigeria?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pharmow: 1:00pm On Sep 26, 2012
Hello Nairalanders, Canada is such a beautiful place, and am sure U will appreciate all the efforts and time U spent in getting the visa. I will like to let U all know that if U don't get job in your school when U arrive (possibility of getting is on the low side), come with enough dough for feeding and accommodation (or else U are on full scholarship anyway) cos is not a risk worth taking working outside the campus without a off-campus work permit. I heard of a case of a naija guy deported because we was working off-campus without a permit (pathetic). Another thing is that when U get to CA, try to seek others advice before taking an irrational decisions because once a mistake has been done there is no story.

I wish all medical and trv expectants all the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 1:22pm On Sep 26, 2012
She's my mum's sister...she want to sponsor me because she's willing to do so as she doesn't av many dependats...( She's willing to help as a family member) i can't say how much she earns but she's a business woman with many properties.
She's willing to give me the money b4 i apply for the TRV coupled with a letter from the bank stating that the money is meant to finance my education.
Well, I don't have any money for now because am just 23 and still serving. ( In addition, my CV shows that i've bin engaged with education since 16yrs old.)
My ties are my parents and 3 siblings.
What do you think bro?

earthgreeners:

What is her relationship with your mum?..why does she want to sponsor you?..what is her occupation?, how much does she earn (average) on monthly basis?. how am I sure there would be fund available when you get to Canada?, how much do u have as personal savings?, how do u intend to show proof of funds?. What ties do you have to Nigeria?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 1:33pm On Sep 26, 2012
dommakavelli: She's my mum's sister...she want to sponsor me because she's willing to do so as she doesn't av many dependats...( She's willing to help as a family member) i can't say how much she earns but she's a business woman with many properties.
She's willing to give me the money b4 i apply for the TRV coupled with a letter from the bank stating that the money is meant to finance my education.
Well, I don't have any money for now because am just 23 and still serving. ( In addition, my CV shows that i've bin engaged with education since 16yrs old.)
My ties are my parents and 3 siblings.What do you think bro?

Her Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate plus your Mum's Birth certificate and Marriage certificate would do the relationship thing coupled with pictures and family tree (if any)..

You can have her Transfer fund that would cover your Tuition and living expenses into your account, plus the bank letter u intend attaching.... With that u can submit her Bank statement and ur own too....Make sure other Documents are well packed and easily verified cos u wont wanna give d Visa Officer the slightest excuse to deny you...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 26, 2012
earthgreeners:

I have not stated otherwise...
I said Transcript sent from the institution.....
Got that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 1:38pm On Sep 26, 2012
I expect guys in Canada to as well Tell us about life on Campus and the academic environment.....

We don tire for all d off campus work talk jawe cos the rules are clear.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 1:39pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ntom: Got that.

how far with your application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 26, 2012
pharmow: Hello Nairalanders, Canada is such a beautiful place, and am sure U will appreciate all the efforts and time U spent in getting the visa. I will like to let U all know that if U don't get job in your school when U arrive (possibility of getting is on the low side), come with enough dough for feeding and accommodation (or else U are on full scholarship anyway) cos is not a risk worth taking working outside the campus without a off-campus work permit. I heard of a case of a naija guy deported because we was working off-campus without a permit (pathetic). Another thing is that when U get to CA, try to seek others advice before taking an irrational decisions because once a mistake has been done there is no story.

I wish all medical and trv expectants all the best.

Hv u travelled? Congrats once more
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 3:01pm On Sep 26, 2012
@pharmow,

smiley good 2 hear u r in CA now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by omosanyaolak(m): 3:19pm On Sep 26, 2012
@pharmow, thanks for the update. @all, some of the people contributing beautifully on this forum has been banned. @justwise, take it easy with people on here. No doubt you are the referee here but show mercy in your judgement. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newmusic: 3:39pm On Sep 26, 2012
Sanusi-esque lol...

all these powerful people should just take it easy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:04pm On Sep 26, 2012
omosanyaolak: @pharmow, thanks for the update. @all, some of the people contributing beautifully on this forum has been banned. @justwise, take it easy with people on here. No doubt you are the referee here but show mercy in your judgement. Thanks

Who is still serving ban?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by omosanyaolak(m): 5:06pm On Sep 26, 2012
@justwise, lillawow and spencer are still serving ban. Pls unban them for the sake of unity on this forum. @augustapplicant, i've nt hrd any medical invitation for people who applied in august both on this forum and off the forum. Hopefully by next month news will start flow-in.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:39pm On Sep 26, 2012
omosanyaolak: @justwise, lillawow and spencer are still serving ban. Pls unban them for the sake of unity on this forum. @augustapplicant, i've nt hrd any medical invitation for people who applied in august both on this forum and off the forum. Hopefully by next month news will start flow-in.

lillawow is not currently serving any ban, Spencer's ban will expire tomorrow.

Let me point out that this thread can do without anybody including me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 5:41pm On Sep 26, 2012
Sir, i've served my UNDESERVED barn. Thanks for your concern sir

Respect house......@Efosa,Spencer,Augustapplicant, Ceejay, Jesus4all, Earthgreeners et al
what's up wif CDHC naw...why d slow news..
Hoping for more good news in the house..
omosanyaolak: @justwise, lillawow and spencer are still serving ban. Pls unban them for the sake of unity on this forum. @augustapplicant, i've nt hrd any medical invitation for people who applied in august both on this forum and off the forum. Hopefully by next month news will start flow-in.

Banned by justwise in Travel for . Ban expires on 4:20pm on october 18
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 5:50pm On Sep 26, 2012
AugustApplicant:

Thank you so very much for the information. We need to know about where we are going and remain focused. Now we know if its truly about studying, then there must be sufficient fund to cater for that. The embassy's insistence on tuition payment really make sense. Trust me! See you in Canada.

how far wif yur application? Any news.
What's the latest?
Do yu knw if any one dat submitted in august called for medicals?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 5:57pm On Sep 26, 2012
earthgreeners: I expect guys in Canada to as well Tell us about life on Campus and the academic environment.....

We don tire for all d off campus work talk jawe cos the rules are clear.

bro, what's up wif yur applicati@ Usask
i heard smthin abt chattin wif d admission team/office
try and find out about it (if your potal is still the same till now)......

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (404)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.