Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,351 members, 7,891,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 03:07 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (516220 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:02am On Sep 28, 2012
@spencer3705, august, lillaowow, how far naw?...any news or change in status?

@lft, bros update me on ur case.... Hope u have fullfilled all conditions..especially d tuition and accomodation....all d best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jesus4all: 7:12am On Sep 28, 2012
@trv holders and others, pls say sometin to this, are we expected to pay all tuition fees that we wrote in our application form which is an added sum of tuition and other fees like student union charge, student visa charge for international student e.t.c.? How would the cdhc know that one has paid the actual amount of tuition fees require to be pay since the tuition fees in canada vary with to respect school, program and other factors? Are we to submit any brake down document showing d tuition and other fees in our respective schools? Has anybody recieve a penalty 4 nt paying up to a year tuition fees required? Is compulsory we must include d scratch card to our o level result
@mercylicious, faithful is He(GOD) that called(started) and that will do(finish and perfect) it. Thanks 4 concern.
@all, i know that the issue of tie has cause argument here, i only list the name of all my siblings(6 of them) and my uncle(sponsor). I did nt submit any birth certificate at all nt even my own. I don't think landed property can be a tie, it will only add value to ur proof of fund. Well, i don't sumit any of this things.please trust GOD FOR EVERYTHING IN UR LIFE. Thank you Jesus 4 ur mercy

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 7:23am On Sep 28, 2012
@Jesus4all...get intouch with your school, tell them CDHC has directed you to go ahead with payment. Tell them you wanna know how much you are to pay into your school account. I guess this would help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by anyijoe: 7:24am On Sep 28, 2012
@all, i know that the issue of tie has cause argument here, i only list the name of all my siblings(6 of them) and my uncle(sponsor). I did nt submit any birth certificate at all nt even my own. I don't think landed property can be a tie, it will only add value to ur proof of fund. Well, i don't sumit any of this things.please trust GOD FOR EVERYTHING IN UR LIFE. Thank you Jesus 4 ur mercy

Pls do u have the same surname with ur uncle? And wht are the documents u submitted from ur uncle's side to prove his more than okay to sponsor u? Did u submit ur own personal account?...pls list the things u submitted! Cos u case is truely a miracle to many! Thanks and look forward to hear from u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seir405: 7:35am On Sep 28, 2012
ifegy: [b][/b]

Well, typically, for people over here, if someone finished high school (secondary school) and for some reason didn't go to university, they could choose to go college instead and get a diploma. This would not be advanced or post graduate. An advanced diploma might refer to one that gives you more than a basic level of learning in a particular area (ie, you go from a basic diploma in French language studies to an advanced diploma, which means your French language skills are now more advanced, for instance. It's not necessarily a post grad qualification). Or if some random person over here(including university graduates) wanted to get a specific practical or technical skill, they could choose to get a college diploma (or certificate) in that area, again not necessarily post graduate. For someone coming as a foreign student who already has an undergraduate degree, it might make more sense to go for a college diploma that is specifically designated as a postgraduate diploma.

Well said
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 7:49am On Sep 28, 2012
earthgreeners: @spencer3705, august, lillaowow, how far naw?...any news or change in status?

@lft, bros update me on ur case.... Hope u have fullfilled all conditions..especially d tuition and accomodation....all d best

Assalaamu 'alaykum wr wb my brother. Jazaka l-Ahu khayran for keeping close tabs on me. How far with your application to uofm and usask?

I have paid the tuition but yet to get the receipt as the school says my student account will be updated by October 4 which is the deadline by cdhc. As par accommodation; when I contacted the office in charge, I was told I can only apply for now and will pay 50cad and if my application is granted will later pay 1000cad down payment which I am expected to complete depending on the cost of the room latest by January 17 2013.

So I am still in a very tight corner. Just have today and Monday. What do you suggest I can do?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 7:55am On Sep 28, 2012
Jesus4all: @trv holders and others,

bro, contact @Spencer............he's in better position to gist you on the latest developments. I heard embassy had called him twice regarding payment.....he follow what the school told him, yet still dey ain't satisfied......O ga oooo..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 8:00am On Sep 28, 2012
earthgreeners: @spencer3705, august, lillaowow, how far naw?...any news or change in status?

bro, my application is exactly a month old at Cdhc today..........
I'm hoping to hear somethin positive soonest.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 8:42am On Sep 28, 2012
bumdish: Hi all,

My advice for those comming to Canada. Grab a programming skill if you can. JAVA, C++/C, C#, .net, Python, PHP. Arranged in the order of Job availability. Any of the first 3 most importantly. You would thank God you took to my advice.

Cheers all.

Thanks bro..... Already got java cert, am gonna add more to it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 9:37am On Sep 28, 2012
Joe980: @Jesus4all...get intouch with your school, tell them CDHC has directed you to go ahead with payment. Tell them you wanna know how much you are to pay into your school account. I guess this would help.

immidiately i got my medical invitation with instruction to pay full tuition payment,i scanned the letter to the school.the account oficer instructd me to pay 8-10k whch is d range international studnts pay.i paid 9k canadian dollars having submited all doxs to vac,the following day i got a kall from my consular stating they are particular about the full tuition not my skul international student deposit..i was given 2 weeks ultimatum despite d fact i included instructn and chat frm d skul stating i sud pay 8k.i later kall d skul to tel dm wat embasy emphasized,their reply states embasy wish is their command.i pray almighty God wud help us all.cdhc don strict die.guudgod,jesus 4 all,sirp,lft,wetin dey sele?medical stage na war o o o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 9:44am On Sep 28, 2012
spencer3705:

immidiately i got my medical invitation with instruction to pay full tuition payment,i scanned the letter to the school.the account oficer instructd me to pay 8-10k whch is d range international studnts pay.i paid 9k canadian dollars having submited all doxs to vac,the following day i got a kall from my consular stating they are particular about the full tuition not my skul international student deposit..i was given 2 weeks ultimatum despite d fact i included instructn and chat frm d skul stating i sud pay 8k.i later kall d skul to tel dm wat embasy emphasized,their reply states embasy wish is their command.i pray almighty God wud help us all.cdhc don strict die.guudgod,jesus 4 all,sirp,lft,wetin dey sele?medical stage na war o o o

Na real war o my guy. Still battling to try and fulfill the conditions I was given o. May God help us o.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 9:57am On Sep 28, 2012
Jesus4all: @trv holders and others, pls say sometin to this
Wht do u mean by student visa charge for int'l students? Tuition fee is diffrnt 4rm Admin fees (which shuld lie in the group of 'Other' after Room & Board in IMM 1294E). CDHC knws wht u're xpcted to pay thru the official fee schedule frm ur univ whc u must hv submited wit ur applictn...Ur receipt 4rm the sch wuld indicate ur compliance of1yr tuition payment. Landed property is nt a proof of funds but tie.
@lft, if u paid thru ur local bank, they shuld hv given u a telex copy of the funds transfer to ur sch; get them to sign it & submit to CDHC, with a letter stating why receipt isn't ready whc u wuld submit once u receive it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:23am On Sep 28, 2012
lft: Assalaamu 'alaykum wr wb my brother. Jazaka l-Ahu khayran for keeping close tabs on me. How far with your application to uofm and usask?I have paid the tuition but yet to get the receipt as the school says my student account will be updated by October 4 which is the deadline by cdhc. As par accommodation; when I contacted the office in charge, I was told I can only apply for now and will pay 50cad and if my application is granted will later pay 1000cad down payment which I am expected to complete depending on the cost of the room latest by January 17 2013.So I am still in a very tight corner. Just have today and Monday. What do you suggest I can do?

My applications are still under review as some of my supporting documents are yet to be received.. I also applied to MUN (wld have a big decision to make when d admission gets thru)...Thanks to my folks in US and Canada (they covered my application fees for d 3 universities)

Get the telex copy of ur wire transfer and send to CDHC as Don Cipher states above.... Submit something from UofM indicating when ur account will be updated

As par the accomodation, u should be able to get an acknowledgement from the office to show you have applied for it and expected to pay only as at when due...

As u submit, recite the last ten verses of the holy quran.....
May Almighty Allah guide you and grant your heart desire...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 10:29am On Sep 28, 2012
Don Cipher:
Wht do u mean by student visa charge for int'l students? Tuition fee is diffrnt 4rm Admin fees (which shuld lie in the group of 'Other' after Room & Board in IMM 1294E). CDHC knws wht u're xpcted to pay thru the official fee schedule frm ur univ whc u must hv submited wit ur applictn...Ur receipt 4rm the sch wuld indicate ur compliance of1yr tuition payment. Landed property is nt a proof of funds but tie.
@lft, if u paid thru ur local bank, they shuld hv given u a telex copy of the funds transfer to ur sch; get them to sign it & submit to CDHC, with a letter stating why receipt isn't ready whc u wuld submit once u receive it.

@don cipher, the issue of landed property, I don't think is a tie, it will only add value to ur fund, meaning should any short of fund in the course of pursuing ur program I am willing to sell my plot of land to finance the program.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:33am On Sep 28, 2012
For those that will be applying for study permit in d near future...

I advise you start contacting your school well in advance about payment of tuition fee and accomodation once u receive an acceptance. This will go a long way in cooling the stress u need to go through when you receive further instructions from CDHC on your study permit application.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:37am On Sep 28, 2012
efosa12345: @don cipher, the issue of landed property, I don't think is a tie, it will only add value to ur fund, meaning should any short of fund in the course of pursuing ur program I am willing to sell my plot of land to finance the program.

Landed properties serves both as a Tie and proof of fund. It all depends on the case you present to CDHC....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newmusic: 10:41am On Sep 28, 2012
Land is a tie, stop confusing yourselves. Funds should be in cash or liquid form not a fixed asset.
Anything you are dropping that is not readily available for use is a tie eg, house,land,shares,securities,fixed deposit,company etc.

Funds for school and upkeep is the available cash at hand and at bank, money that is readily available to spend immediately, that is fund.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 10:54am On Sep 28, 2012
newmusic: Land is a tie, stop confusing yourselves. Funds should be in cash or liquid form not a fixed asset.
Anything you are dropping that is not readily available for use is a tie eg, house,land,shares,securities,fixed deposit,company etc.

Funds for school and upkeep is the available cash at hand and at bank, money that is readily available to spend immediately, that is fund.

I am not confusing myself,ur own meaning to landed pro could be diff from mine, I have been able to understand that is a proof of fund, what do u mean by readily available for use? Re u telling me house or land cannot be sold to finance education? I can agree with earthgreener to some extend by saying it serve for both tie and funding, whether fixed asset or not it can be transfered easily when the needs arise.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:59am On Sep 28, 2012
AugustApplicant: If you didnt know, now you know. When I was saying people should make efforts to pay tuition before submitting application someone was shutting me up on this thread. See the stress one has to go through to now pay the same money for wish you wouldnt have been refused if other documents are correct and properly submitted. Anyway I wish us all the best from CDHC

It pays to keep ur money till CDHC ask you to make payment (nothing good comes easy), Nobody here is complaining of the conditions...Just because you paid doesnt mean everybody should pay......

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newmusic: 11:00am On Sep 28, 2012
Efosa it can be sold but cash cant be ready immediately, therefore cant be regarded as fund.
Secondly you or your sponsor should be capable enough to fund your education without having to sell any of your properties, i think that is what CDHC also believes.

Its ok anyway, just get everything you can to prove to them you have enough funds and ties...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:02am On Sep 28, 2012
Besides some schools would not accept payment until they receive instruction from CDHC asking you to do so...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:03am On Sep 28, 2012
newmusic: Efosa it can be sold but cash cant be ready immediately, therefore cant be regarded as fund.
Secondly you or your sponsor should be capable enough to fund your education without having to sell any of your properties, i think that is what CDHC also believes.Its ok anyway, just get everything you can to prove to them you have enough funds and ties...

Gracias, Correct!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:07am On Sep 28, 2012
@augustapplicant, are you saying an applicant cant be denied because he paid tuition in advance?...
Thatz definitely a Joke.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by goddeymydear: 11:20am On Sep 28, 2012
still tracking!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 11:26am On Sep 28, 2012
newmusic:
Funds for school and upkeep is the available cash at hand and at bank, money that is readily available to spend.
@efosa12345, if a student is in dire need of cash for school or living expenses; that means he wuld wait to sell his family house or wait till the land or house for rent is sold abi? 'Thats no tie & no fund'
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 11:26am On Sep 28, 2012
AugustApplicant:

If you didnt know, now you know. When I was saying people should make efforts to pay tuition before submitting application someone was shutting me up on this thread. See the stress one has to go through to now pay the same money for wish you wouldnt have been refused if other documents are correct and properly submitted. Anyway I wish us all the best from CDHC

some pay full b4 dy aplied 4 study permit yet dey are denied.so watz ur point?i was just emphasising we sud folow due proces as stated by d embasy by paying wen instructd...i never said i was denied o o use ur concave lens to read true my post again.i post dis just to prepare d mind of dose awaiting medicals and neva said i dnt av d remaining 4kdolls to balance up.na english we dy speak 4 here o.dnt misquote me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newmusic: 11:27am On Sep 28, 2012
A guy was still denied after given instruction to pay his school fees, he paid in full!!! I think the guy used fake statement...i forgot his username, he left this forum about a year ago or 2. He was denied twice.

@doncipher you got the fact, but as you can see it's at least more of a tie than fund, never a fund!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:27am On Sep 28, 2012
AugustApplicant: The kind of stress CDHC put some people through, is it not better to be out-rightly denied instead and be allowed to seek admission into other easier countries like New Zealand, Australia, Poland, Finland, USA etc? To be honest we are being subject to a most dehumanizing condition. In my passport anyone can see I have visited 2 Asian countries, 1 middle east, several african, and 1 european. Why should anyone hold my passport for 4months. Think about it. Its better to get medical instruction without further demands, that's my point. If you deny me because I paid tuition then to hell with you.I have always said tuition payment is not a guarantee for visa so dont bring that up.

You have a point, just that it doesnt work that way.. Infact, some schools will not accept ur money until CDHC ask you to do so....Besides, CDHC stated clearly that payment of tuition is at your own risk.....

If the school ask u to pay tuition before u get acceptance letter, In dat case u gat no choice...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 11:30am On Sep 28, 2012
earthgreeners:

It pays to keep ur money till CDHC ask you to make payment (nothing good comes easy), Nobody here is complaining of the conditions...Just because you paid doesnt mean everybody should pay......

kudos to u earthgrener God bles u 4 dat answer besides who told u he has even paid a dine?empty barel makes noise jawe...

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.