Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,715 members, 7,921,557 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 08:32 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (519260 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newmusic: 8:14pm On Sep 29, 2012
@augustapplicant that was so deep...

there will be amendments only if our government can address the issue but sadly they are too busy embezzling and concerned only about their wards. Even our ambassadors abroad in their host countries don't have time for their people...so sad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 8:16pm On Sep 29, 2012
@gudgod
broda ao far u?y silence?update me as to ur status.we go laugh last ni though d requirement na mountain of fire.lol.please flash me now wif ur number cos i dn format my fone so all contact lost.letz reason.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Danyl(m): 8:17pm On Sep 29, 2012
@all,i want 2ask dt if ur applicatn is returnd back 2u at Vac/vfs,can u collect ur visa fee on d bank draft, i'm planning 2submit my applctn on tuesday 4 january winter 2013 bt am a bit skeptical abt d submissn,bt am stil hoping in God,my ppl pls advice me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:57pm On Sep 29, 2012
g-rock:
pls everyone.. i just check my application status at usask and it shows "decision made" for a few days now. i havnt heard anything from them. pls what does dis mean. and what shuld i do?

Send email or call the Graduate Secretary of the department u applied to (Masters and PhD) or the admission office (undergraduate) to make enquiry on ur application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:04pm On Sep 29, 2012
jman77: i really appreciate your prompt response in putting me through,i have never been to an embassy to seek for visa or anything of such.please am i to go to the embassy with application letter? Just feel free to tutor me on things to do,things to go with right from the embassy's gate cos i don't even know the docs you said i should prepare.i'm heading to memorial to read either biology or computer sci and its undergrad prog,happy to hear form you.thanks

HAVE U BEEN ADMITTED OR SEEKING ADMISSION?....
Well, U don't need to visit the embassy to apply for a study permit/VISA.
You can do this by submitting the required documents through the Visa Application Centre(VAC) located in Ikeja, Lagos who charges a token for this service......
There is a guide on study permit/VISA APPLICATION ON www.canadainternational.gc.ca
Go through the guide and read through this thread from part1...
If u have further questions after doing dis...feel free to post it on this thread....u wld surely get the best answers from my big brothers and sisters in the house

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Danyl(m): 6:09am On Sep 30, 2012
AugustApplicant:

Defer your admission to May or September Next year and apply later. Applying now for January resumption is TOOOOOOO Late.

If your application is returned due to late entry your bankdraft will be returned as well and you can collect back your money.
thanks alot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rockar: 12:23pm On Sep 30, 2012
smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 2:09pm On Sep 30, 2012
Visa officers look at many factors when reviewing applications for a study permit and entry (Temporary Resident Visa) to Canada as a genuine temporary resident. They consider the purpose of the visit and your ties to your home country, including the family and economic situation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2012
At the Port of Entry

When you arrive at Canadian Immigration at the port of entry (i.e. airport in Canada), you will be issued your study permit and may be asked for the following documents:

the letter of introduction from the visa office that you received when your study permit was approved (this letter contains your permit reference number and the officer needs this letter to issue your study permit)

your passport, with Canadian visa (Temporary Resident Visa) if required;

copy of your acceptance letter from the University or College;

a list of any items that you are sending separately (i.e. not cleared personally on your date of arrival); and

proof that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in Canada

Carry these items and all other valuable papers, cash and traveller’s cheques with you at all times. Do not put them in your checked luggage. Do not leave the airport without having your study permit processed,Check that your family name and first name are spelled exactly as they are on your passport,Verify that your date of birth and gender are correct,Make sure the officer returns your documents and date stamps your passport.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ezme(m): 5:25pm On Sep 30, 2012
officially signing-in on here. I'm still struggling to go through the 188 pages of part1, embarassed cry

@Anyone who can help with this as I cant presently tell if the Veterans from part 1 still reply to this thread.

Intend to apply for an Msc Chemical engineering. I have an inclining towards process control or process systems engineering,I'm trying to make a choice of university before seeking out a supervisor. I find University of Alberta appealing though I'm also looking at Ottawa and waterloo. I wouldn't mind if anybody can say a thing or two about these schools apart from what I can find on the web. I also want to know what my chances are since I can unfortunately only document a 79% CGPA . This has been rejected by two top schools in Norway as they had applications from other Nigerians who could document 85% CGPA.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:17pm On Sep 30, 2012
@all,with reasons, which do you think is the best option when planning accomodation considering cost, ease of adaptation and safety...
1) Staying on campus
2) Staying off campus
3) Homestay plan
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kelly4top: 8:56pm On Sep 30, 2012
HI ALL, PLEASE I WANT TO CHANGE MY SURNAME IN MY INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT. DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHERE IN LAGOS I CAN DO IT AND HOW MUCH IT WILL COST ME TO CHANGE MY SURNAME? OR IS IT TRUE I CAN ONLY DO IT IN ABUJA?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:59pm On Sep 30, 2012
earthgreeners: @all,with reasons, which do you think is the best option when planning accomodation considering cost, ease of adaptation and safety...
1) Staying on campus
2) Staying off campus
3) Homestay plan
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:02pm On Sep 30, 2012
kelly4top: HI ALL, PLEASE I WANT TO CHANGE MY SURNAME IN MY INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT. DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHERE IN LAGOS I CAN DO IT AND HOW MUCH IT WILL COST ME TO CHANGE MY SURNAME? OR IS IT TRUE I CAN ONLY DO IT IN ABUJA?

why do u wanna change ur name? i think there are other documents you can use to indicate a change of name...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:08pm On Sep 30, 2012
@lft, how far have you gone with those stuffs and what are the things in place?...plz what is the estimate on the official fee schedule sent to you by ICS.........tuition and living
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seedgie(m): 11:55pm On Sep 30, 2012
@danyl go ahead and submit your aplication as 1st week of oct is ok for you to submit your application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:20am On Oct 01, 2012
seedgie: @danyl go ahead and submit your aplication as 1st week of oct is ok for you to submit your application

Study permit :

4-6 months*

Processing times begin on the day our office receives a complete application and end on the day the final decision (i.e. approval/refusal) leaves our office. These are not a guarantee of how long it will take to process your application. We are currently experiencing very high volumes of applications in all categories. The processing times indicated below will be adjusted as volume change

Some applications take longer to process for various reasons. For example, the following factors could delay the processing of your application:

incomplete applications
needing a medical exam (additional 3-4 weeks from the date of the medical exam if no complications arise, such as the need for further testing)
requiring background or security checks
having a criminal record
needing an interview
documents that need to be verified
other factors that complicate your case .

Applications are dealt with in the order in which they are received.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenowis: 2:40am On Oct 01, 2012
solomon okeigar: Please i need advice from members of this forum that are already in Canada. Is it better to stay on or off campus for my masters program in Canada?
Staying on campus is usually cheaper but if you prefer to have your provacy, i'd recommend you stay off campus but emphasis should be placed on its close proximity with your school. Good luck with your Journey.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 2:54am On Oct 01, 2012
kenowis:
Staying on campus is usually cheaper but if you prefer to have your provacy, i'd recommend you stay off campus but emphasis should be placed on its close proximity with your school. Good luck with your Journey.

That is not really true . . . How much is the average cost of staying on campus? besides, all depends on how far away is your accommodation from the campus, cos some people will say on campus is better cos of the cost of transportation, but there are so many accommodation that are walking distance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 6:34am On Oct 01, 2012
earthgreeners: @lft, how far have you gone with those stuffs and what are the things in place?...plz what is the estimate on the official fee schedule sent to you by ICS.........tuition and living

My tuition has finally reflected on my student account and will be excepting the tuition receipt today. The estimate will be on the letter of acceptance and it is on for the tuition incase of uofm. Also any scholarship or funding will be stated in the letter of acceptance. Accommodation estimate is not included.

How far with your admission processes?

Was salaamu 'alaykum wr wb.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Danyl(m): 7:26am On Oct 01, 2012
seedgie: @danyl go ahead and submit your aplication as 1st week of oct is ok for you to submit your application
thanks,i'll gv it a go 2morow...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:59am On Oct 01, 2012
lft:

My tuition has finally reflected on my student account and will be excepting the tuition receipt today. The estimate will be on the letter of acceptance and it is on for the tuition incase of uofm. Also any scholarship or funding will be stated in the letter of acceptance. Accommodation estimate is not included.

How far with your admission processes?

Was salaamu 'alaykum wr wb.

Thank God oo, u are now gtg.......My admission is still in progress....how did u get an official fee schedule
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:00am On Oct 01, 2012
Danyl:
thanks,i'll gv it a go 2morow...

Study permit :

4-6 months*

Processing times begin on the day our office receives a complete application and end on the day the final decision (i.e. approval/refusal) leaves our office. These are not a guarantee of how long it will take to process your application. We are currently experiencing very high volumes of applications in all categories. The processing times indicated below will be adjusted as volume change

Some applications take longer to process for various reasons. For example, the following factors could delay the processing of your application:

incomplete applications
needing a medical exam (additional 3-4 weeks from the date of the medical exam if no complications arise, such as the need for further testing)
requiring background or security checks
having a criminal record
needing an interview
documents that need to be verified
other factors that complicate your case .

Applications are dealt with in the order in which they are received.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:02am On Oct 01, 2012
Fhemmmy:

That is not really true . . . How much is the average cost of staying on campus? besides, all depends on how far away is your accommodation from the campus, cos some people will say on campus is better cos of the cost of transportation, but there are so many accommodation that are walking distance.

I think for a new international student, it would be better to stay on campus.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 10:39am On Oct 01, 2012
earthgreeners:

Thank God oo, u are now gtg.......My admission is still in progress....how did u get an official fee schedule

There is no fee schedule like I said; it's just an estimate which will be in the letter of acceptance as soon as you accept the admission offer either through the hard copy or online.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:43am On Oct 01, 2012
lft:

There is no fee schedule like I said; it's just an estimate which will be in the letter of acceptance as soon as you accept the admission offer either through the hard copy or online.

whatz ur final take on the accommodation thing....i think u should write a letter to support ur documents
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 11:41am On Oct 01, 2012
earthgreeners:

whatz ur final take on the accommodation thing....i think u should write a letter to support ur documents

That is what I will do coupled with print out of my accommodation application fee payment if I can get one and also information from the accommodation website.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 12:26pm On Oct 01, 2012
HAPPY 52ND BIRTHDAY TO OUR BELOVED COUNTRY,NIGERIA! COME RAIN OR SUNSHINE,THROUGH THE THICK AND THIN... I WILL ALWAYS LOVE NIGERIA. smiley cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 1:37pm On Oct 01, 2012
newacca: HAPPY 52ND BIRTHDAY TO OUR BELOVED COUNTRY,NIGERIA! COME RAIN OR SUNSHINE,THROUGH THE THICK AND THIN... I WILL ALWAYS LOVE NIGERIA. smiley cheesy

we no get choice, cos its our home country
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by jman77(m): 2:32pm On Oct 01, 2012
newacca: HAPPY 52ND BIRTHDAY TO OUR BELOVED COUNTRY,NIGERIA! COME RAIN OR SUNSHINE,THROUGH THE THICK AND THIN... I WILL ALWAYS LOVE NIGERIA. smiley cheesy
no be lie,my brother naija is our country home.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.