Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,630 members, 7,951,608 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 07:20 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (521665 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 11:34am On Sep 28, 2012
earthgreeners: Besides some schools would not accept payment until they receive instruction from CDHC asking you to do so...

@august app,university of saskatchewan whch is my skul wnt ask u 4 payment until further instructns frm d embasy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Lutobi(m): 11:38am On Sep 28, 2012
earthgreeners:

You have a point, just that it doesnt work that way.. Infact, some schools will not accept ur money until CDHC ask you to do so....Besides, CDHC stated clearly that payment of tuition is at your own risk.....

If the school ask u to pay tuition before u get acceptance letter, In dat case u gat no choice...

Yes oo and my school asked me to [b]pay in full [/b]before letter of acceptance could be issued.. Had to pay about 7300 dollars ...thereabout to get my admissions letter... I think they should ease things up a bit and make some clarification in that regard. Some of us had to pay in full before we could get the required documents to apply for study permit... Plus I shall be entering three months since I applied by next week.. Na wa oo.. Even with the fact that some of us still have other travel plans prior to school ... We cant even book our tickets.. Lets just pray after all this delay, we shall be answered favourably...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:38am On Sep 28, 2012
earthgreeners:

Landed properties serves both as a Tie and proof of fund. It all depends on the case you present to CDHC....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Lutobi(m): 11:52am On Sep 28, 2012
What is with the fights> @augustapplicant is just stating that the wait period is long... even if he knew before applying... Calm down.. Haba
Anyway, wishing everyone the best.. We dont need to fight over trivial issues please.... grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 12:00pm On Sep 28, 2012
@Spencer, thanks for the update and clear info about tuition. I told @Jesus4all to contact school to know how much to pay. Some schools do sum up total expenses for a whole year(tuition,insurance,accomodation,living expenses etc). I feel its clear now to say FULL TUITION is adviceable to be paid once CDHC gives the go ahead.
@AugustApplicant! You have come again to confuse/mis inform people with your Naija ways of doing things. CDHC strictly says "do not pay tuition fee until adviced". Even though some schools wants you to pay before issuing LOA, very few I guess. Anyone who wants to go AugustApplicant's way should make sure he/she has indept of the school's refund policy. Someone on this forum was once denied visa despite paying tuition fee. Let's be careful please...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 12:00pm On Sep 28, 2012
AugustApplicant:

I said you wont be denied simply because you paid fees. NEVER said you(Spencer) was denied. Hope you get it?

My school requires you pay tuition. Infact a deadline for tuition payment is written on your acceptance letter.

Y re we confusing ourselves, like my case the deadline for tuition was two days before I submitted my documents, if u pay because of the deadline cdhc will understand, after all we are not heading to same school don't use ur school decision to judge mine as long as I can ask for refund when the need arise I got not fear about that, if augustapplicant and I paid tuition fee it does not. Mean others should pay because not same school and program
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kennyGGG(f): 12:10pm On Sep 28, 2012
efosa12345:

Y re we confusing ourselves, like my case the deadline for tuition was two days before I submitted my documents, if u pay because of the deadline cdhc will understand, after all we are not heading to same school don't use ur school decision to judge mine as long as I can ask for refund when the need arise I got not fear about that, if augustapplicant and I paid tuition fee it does not. Mean others should pay because not same school and program

Beside most schools if not all will offer a refund at the event you are refused. The only requirement is your refusal letter and timely re-call for funds in most cases about a $100 is forfeited.
Truth is CDHC knows this but De-emphasises it and bla bla bla
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 12:21pm On Sep 28, 2012
kennyGGG:

Beside most schools if not all will offer a refund at the event you are refused. The only requirement is your refusal letter and timely re-call for funds in most cases about a $100 is forfeited.
Truth is CDHC knows this but De-emphasises it and bla bla bla

$100 is a small cash been compared to no refunds. That could be bank charges
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 12:42pm On Sep 28, 2012
Interesting!!!!

wonders what happened here....
anyways, lets all move on

From the Study permit checklist

Payment of Tuition fees is not required at time of application submission. After positive processing of the
Student application, proof of tuition payment may be required prior to the issue of a Visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:45pm On Sep 28, 2012
lets move forward, any news on medicals , TRV and other conditions?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:47pm On Sep 28, 2012
lillaowow: Interesting!!!!wonders what happened here....
anyways, lets all move on

From the Study permit checklist

thatz exactly what Im trying to preach....

On the Study permit checklist, all the instructions are very clear....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by oreajayi: 12:51pm On Sep 28, 2012
Thank God oh! Just got the call up for medicals NOW! All glory be to God. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by goddeymydear: 12:56pm On Sep 28, 2012
oreajayi: Thank God oh! Just got the call up for medicals NOW! All glory be to God. grin

Yay!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 12:57pm On Sep 28, 2012
I got this question to ask, so if person decide to stay offcamp how would he or she make the accommodation payment before hand, while embassy is still holding up to your document.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 1:05pm On Sep 28, 2012
oreajayi: Thank God oh! Just got the call up for medicals NOW! All glory be to God. grin

Congratulobiaaaaaaaaaaaa, were u called on fone or ur status changed?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 1:06pm On Sep 28, 2012
Thatz a big question, I dnt think u can make payment for off-campus accomodation until you get to canada....No landlord will give his house to an unknown person except u have someone looking for a room mate who could get you a landlord agreement.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by oreajayi: 1:08pm On Sep 28, 2012
My status just changed. The irony is I checked two hours earlier and there was nothing. And on Monday they contacted me saying that my file was still waiting to be processed. This just proves you don't have to pay tuition before applying.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by WhiteLily1: 1:22pm On Sep 28, 2012
Jesus4all: @trv holders and others, pls say sometin to this, are we expected to pay all tuition fees that we wrote in our application form which is an added sum of tuition and other fees like student union charge, student visa charge for international student e.t.c.? How would the cdhc know that one has paid the actual amount of tuition fees require to be pay since the tuition fees in canada vary with to respect school, program and other factors? Are we to submit any brake down document showing d tuition and other fees in our respective schools? Has anybody recieve a penalty 4 nt paying up to a year tuition fees required? Is compulsory we must include d scratch card to our o level result
@mercylicious, faithful is He(GOD) that called(started) and that will do(finish and perfect) it. Thanks 4 concern.
@all, i know that the issue of tie has cause argument here, i only list the name of all my siblings(6 of them) and my uncle(sponsor). I did nt submit any birth certificate at all nt even my own. I don't think landed property can be a tie, it will only add value to ur proof of fund. Well, i don't sumit any of this things.please trust GOD FOR EVERYTHING IN UR LIFE. Thank you Jesus 4 ur mercy
@jesus4all:I read through your post and decided to respond.I do come on Nairaland just to read through postings.Found your question familiar and decided to help.I too applied for a Canadian study permit in May and have done my medical, along with my medical came conditions to pay tuition and accommodation.Tuition was more than what the school asked for.So what I did, after doing my medical,I wrote a letter addressed to the embassy stating their mistakes and others I noticed on my letter.Few days later, I got a call from CDHC clarifying their mistakes.I went ahead and paid my tuition (More than half and submitted it.CDHC called me the very next day after I submitted my additional documents to VAC and asked that I pay the full tuition and full year for accommodation.I told my VO, that I wouldn't pay for full accommodation because I never had the intention of staying on-campus.She told me that they have told other applicants and they have done as such.I stood by by No, stating I had every right to stay where I wanted to.So she asked that If I can get a sort of lease agreement from off campus that would be accepted.then they gave me additional 30days since the other one had expired and then I move my resumption to the next academic term.I accepted, contacted my school and got some outside listing.I am in the process of getting an agreement with a short-term accommodation with an Inn, that houses international students from my University(Arriving. Hope this is helpful.Always write an official letter when sending documents explaining why you took such actions.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 1:23pm On Sep 28, 2012
oreajayi: My status just changed. The irony is I checked two hours earlier and there was nothing. And on Monday they contacted me saying that my file was still waiting to be processed. This just proves you don't have to pay tuition before applying.

Were u asked to submit further documents?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by jman77(m): 1:28pm On Sep 28, 2012
@justwise,newacca and @all pls advise me on what to do,i just recieved an email with the attachment of admission letter and fees notification and links to book for hostel and travellings.
What is next for to do?,i'm for fall 2013.what should i do cos i don't want to make mistakes.thankssad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 1:30pm On Sep 28, 2012
oreajayi: My status just changed. The irony is I checked two hours earlier and there was nothing. And on Monday they contacted me saying that my file was still waiting to be processed. This just proves you don't have to pay tuition before applying.

gist us on conditions as soon as you get ur medical instructions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (404)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.