Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,610 members, 7,951,532 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 05:48 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (521658 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 5:16pm On Nov 29, 2012
justwise:

Quota for working permit programs is not new, the UK has the same quota, colleges or universities will not give you admission and accept fees from you if they knew that they are not allowed to admit more foreign students because of quota. That will be fraudulent. If there is anything like quota then students will be refused admission, i don't believe that Canadian colleges and universities are collaborating with their embassy to rip-off foreign students even when they know that they don't stand any chance of getting a visa.

Lets not mislead people into thinking that they have done everything right and still get refused a visa.
.....Haba...at which sentence did I mention Schools working hand in hand with the Canadian government...come on now...read wat i wrote...dont say wat I did not say...come on....if u disagree its ok...but we are all here to share our views...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:23pm On Nov 29, 2012
Siga: .....Haba...at which sentence did I mention Schools working hand in hand with the Canadian government...come on now...read wat i wrote...dont say wat I did not say...come on....if u disagree its ok...but we are all here to share our views...

That is what your post suggested, if there is a quota as you suggested and colleges and universities still admit foreign students AND the embassy still accept their visa application fees then its fair to say that Canadian schools and their embassy collaborated in the act.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 5:26pm On Nov 29, 2012
justwise:

That is what your post suggested, if there is a quota as you suggested and colleges and universities still admit foreign students AND the embassy still accept their visa application fees then its fair to say that Canadian schools and their embassy collaborated in the act.

...u know wat...thats ok...heaven knows I pray everyone secure their visas....tx anywaz
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kanayogod(m): 5:45pm On Nov 29, 2012
adim02: @bholajee am going to lethbridge fall 2013.my prayer that God should help Us all.cheer
i might be heading to Uleth too nxt Fall
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 6:07pm On Nov 29, 2012
justwise:

Quota for working permit programs is not new, the UK has the same quota, colleges or universities will not give you admission and accept fees from you if they knew that they are not allowed to admit more foreign students because of quota. That will be fraudulent. If there is anything like quota then students will be refused admission, i don't believe that Canadian colleges and universities are collaborating with their embassy to rip-off foreign students even when they know that they don't stand any chance of getting a visa.

Lets not mislead people into thinking that they have done everything right and still get refused a visa.

skuls knw not everybody given admision would get visa so they give excess admisions...if schools dnt give excess admision dat means cdhc wnt generate enof revenue for canada govt.those visa fee no b small thing o o...not all qualifed aplicnts are given visa and some dnt worth d visa yet they get it.its all about GOD,TIME AND DESTINY....u wud all c favour .amen.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kanayogod(m): 6:08pm On Nov 29, 2012
iluminati: @ cori-cord please what centre did u write ur TOEFL? Please can u kindly send me the toefl study materials u used cos i dont have any. onah06@yahoo.com
go to 4shared.com, sign up and download your TOEFL materials there!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 6:19pm On Nov 29, 2012
justwise:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iluminati: 7:02pm On Nov 29, 2012
my advise to those who really qualified for the visa but did not get it is to be strong. Dont give up cos most guys in canada did not get the visa at once. Some tried one some twicw some thrice before they got it. But today when u see those guys u wont know what dey went thru before getting the visa U will wish to be like them but are u willing to be strong and never give up like them? Final advise.... Apply for visa early when their quota is still fresh to avoid unecessary refusal when even those that did not submit up to what u submitted got the visa but just that they submitted early enough. Puntuality.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 7:19pm On Nov 29, 2012
#Mythoughts on the quota issue.
I like to be objective and try to ask why they do what they do.

1. Why would some (don't wanna say 'a few' cos I don't have the stats)applicants have their documents examined and given med invite while others are turned down without even having their docs touched?

2. Why are some later applicants not rejected while earlier applicants are rejected? Does the quota flunctuate or does it get exhausted on a FIFO basis as should be the case?

3. What would be CICs reason for not expressly informing the public about quota? Doesn't America issue statements and charts on quota (you will understand what I mean if u understand the dv lottery process and a few other us visa categories)

Having asked those questions, I remember expressing a feeling (no tangible facts yet) that undergrads almost always have a shorter period of cdhc processing time- I think that CDHC do not have sufficient manpower to review the plethora of applications within the short window before January, and even though they realised this and stopped receiving January applications, they still had accepted more than they had capacity for.
Recall, last year was 'get a new start date from ur school' because they even had some time to begin the review, I think this time, it was almost impossible to review all cases and they gave some 'priority' to undergrads who seemingly need it more urgently.
Woosh, that is my take on it. I welcome any positive and constructive counter opinion.
@Siga what do you think?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 7:20pm On Nov 29, 2012
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 7:21pm On Nov 29, 2012
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 8:00pm On Nov 29, 2012
TRV_IJN: #Mythoughts on the quota issue.
I like to be objective and try to ask why they do what they do.

1. Why would some (don't wanna say 'a few' cos I don't have the stats)applicants have their documents examined and given med invite while others are turned down without even having their docs touched?

2. Why are some later applicants not rejected while earlier applicants are rejected? Does the quota flunctuate or does it get exhausted on a FIFO basis as should be the case?

3. What would be CICs reason for not expressly informing the public about quota? Doesn't America issue statements and charts on quota (you will understand what I mean if u understand the dv lottery process and a few other us visa categories)

Having asked those questions, I remember expressing a feeling (no tangible facts yet) that undergrads almost always have a shorter period of cdhc processing time- I think that CDHC do not have sufficient manpower to review the plethora of applications within the short window before January, and even though they realised this and stopped receiving January applications, they still had accepted more than they had capacity for.
Recall, last year was 'get a new start date from ur school' because they even had some time to begin the review, I think this time, it was almost impossible to review all cases and they gave some 'priority' to undergrads who seemingly need it more urgently.
Woosh, that is my take on it. I welcome any positive and constructive counter opinion.
@Siga what do you think?
...My Oga...I am pretty much done with this quota discussion....I will advise we move on....you have said it very well....only God knows what is going on at CDHC....all Im very sure of is that they are overwhelmed with applications and have limited time to clear their respective desks....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 8:15pm On Nov 29, 2012
It's okay @Siga.... @Others your input is welcome. I believe if one commits his way to God, he will bring it to pass. However, we need to work with wisdom,and critically reviewing and analysing some of this may help future applicants.
Siga: ...My Oga...I am pretty much done with this quota discussion....I will advise we move on....you have said it very well....only God knows what is going on at CDHC....all Im very sure of is that they are overwhelmed with applications and have limited time to clear their respective desks....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 8:36pm On Nov 29, 2012
TRV_IJN: It's okay @Siga.... @Others your input is welcome. I believe if one commits his way to God, he will bring it to pass. However, we need to work with wisdom,and critically reviewing and analysing some of this may help future applicants.
...if only CDHC would at least invite any questionable applicant for one on one interview....most applicants will convince them, cos this is wat helped me when I did mine and the guy questioned why I was refused the first time....I just wish Canada can just grant Nigeria 48hrs visa exemption....how would that feel? wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iluminati: 8:59pm On Nov 29, 2012
@ALL, I AM REALLY FINDING IT TOUGH TIME TO BOOK FLIGHT DIRECT TO CANADA FOR MY COUSIN. MOST OF ALL THE AIRLINES ARE VERY EXPENSIVE AND NO DIRECT FLIGHT TO CANADA. PLS WHO KNOWS ANY CHEAP DIRECT FLIGHT TO CANADA?
THOSE FLIGHTS THAT WILL NEED TO STOP AT OTHER COUNTRIES FIRST WILL MY COUSIN NEED A TRANSIT VISA? PLS WHAT FLIGHT TO CANADA WILL YOU GUYS SUGGEST?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Henkyz(m): 9:04pm On Nov 29, 2012
This is a month and 5 days after medicals... Baba God ooh!!! CDHC kilo de?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 9:20pm On Nov 29, 2012
iluminati: @ALL, I AM REALLY FINDING IT TOUGH TIME TO BOOK FLIGHT DIRECT TO CANADA FOR MY COUSIN. MOST OF ALL THE AIRLINES ARE VERY EXPENSIVE AND NO DIRECT FLIGHT TO CANADA. PLS WHO KNOWS ANY CHEAP DIRECT FLIGHT TO CANADA?
THOSE FLIGHTS THAT WILL NEED TO STOP AT OTHER COUNTRIES FIRST WILL MY COUSIN NEED A TRANSIT VISA? PLS WHAT FLIGHT TO CANADA WILL YOU GUYS SUGGEST?

Like. I said, check out travelstart.com.ng
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 9:47pm On Nov 29, 2012
iluminati: @ALL, I AM REALLY FINDING IT TOUGH TIME TO BOOK FLIGHT DIRECT TO CANADA FOR MY COUSIN. MOST OF ALL THE AIRLINES ARE VERY EXPENSIVE AND NO DIRECT FLIGHT TO CANADA. PLS WHO KNOWS ANY CHEAP DIRECT FLIGHT TO CANADA?
...Unfortunately, there are NO direct flights to Canada....you will have to stop somewhere....the best option is KLM or any other major European carrier.....if u decide on Delta...u go need transit visa for US ...so, no choice here my bro....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 9:57pm On Nov 29, 2012

You cant get a straight flight from Nigeria. Searching for cheap flights, check turkish airlines or ethiopian airlines.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 29, 2012
xtus: MEDICAL AWAITEES BY GODS GRACE

@OmosanyaOlak 3rd August
@bryanhumber 15th August
@dosunmu matilda - 7th Sept
@nivax21- Sept 12th
@mercylicious- Sept 13th
@eldred the don - Sept 13th
@Xtus- Sept 18th
@kayce 43 -Sept 19th
@Cori_corde - Sept 21st
@adexcube - sept 24th (flight School)
@Wuralulu - sept 27th

THESE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO SEEK YOUR FACE OH LORD!!!!!
3 done , how many more to go?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kelly4top: 4:24am On Nov 30, 2012
@ALL, PLS WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING FLIGHTS WILL U RECOMMEND FOR ME? ETHIOPIAN AIRLINE OR TURKISH AIRLINE. BOTH FLIGHTS ARE CHEAP JUST THAT ETHIOPIAN STOPS AT AD-DIS ABABA WHILE TURKISH STOPS AT TURKY-ISTABUL. DOES ONE REQUIRE TRANSIT VISA WHEN FLYING ANY OF THE AIRLINES? WHICH OF THE FLIGHTS DID YOU PREFER? OTHERS ARE SO EXPENSIVE.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Rapuziaokwu(m): 6:02am On Nov 30, 2012
@Siga n all livin in canada, how do u manage wit their food...dis oyibo food no just make sense to me o..Lol. Do they allow students to cook in campus hostels?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Goldie20: 7:50am On Nov 30, 2012
Hope I wake up to lot of medical calls and Trv in the house IJN! cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Rapuziaokwu(m): 8:05am On Nov 30, 2012
Henkyz: This is a month and 5 days after medicals... Baba God ooh!!! CDHC kilo de?
@Henkyz wot were d conditions given to u and did u fulfil them?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Henkyz(m): 9:41am On Nov 30, 2012
@Rapuziaokwu, the conditions were.
1. Request for total tuition and accomodation.
2. Proof of relationship to sponsor
3. Proof of sponsor's ownership of business
4. Income tax of sponsor's business.
So I paid tuition for the year, for relationship to sponsor, since my sponsor is my uncle(mum's brother) I presented my parents marriage cert which shows her maiden name in correspondence to his..
As per accommodations, I want homestay, and the school sent me a letter saying that their homestay will need to see a copy of my visa before accept money from me that the vO should put that into consideration.. I attached this letter too.
I presented a letter from my uncle's business lawyer regarding business ownership(previously submitted his business certs) and submitted his business income tax.. This is all..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bholajee: 9:59am On Nov 30, 2012
kanayogod:
i might be heading to Uleth too nxt Fall

thats kool @kanayogod am heading to lethcollege to resume jan 7 (in shaa Allah) hope to see you there cos the Uni and college are quit close on google maps grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 10:00am On Nov 30, 2012
Rapuziaokwu:
@Henkyz wot were d conditions given to u and did u fulfil them?

i was gonna ask th same question to,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bholajee: 10:51am On Nov 30, 2012
To all the Gurus in da house, abeg what is the best and cheapest avenue to use for wire transfer of skool fees.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by freshdude: 11:09am On Nov 30, 2012
kelly4top: @ALL, PLS WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING FLIGHTS WILL U RECOMMEND FOR ME? ETHIOPIAN AIRLINE OR TURKISH AIRLINE. BOTH FLIGHTS ARE CHEAP JUST THAT ETHIOPIAN STOPS AT AD-DIS ABABA WHILE TURKISH STOPS AT TURKY-ISTABUL. DOES ONE REQUIRE TRANSIT VISA WHEN FLYING ANY OF THE AIRLINES? WHICH OF THE FLIGHTS DID YOU PREFER? OTHERS ARE SO EXPENSIVE.
go with Turkish airline, Turkish airline is currently the best airline in europe...and ur transit point (istanbul airport) is awsome. kiss. they also
serve beer, and spirits in turkish airline grin grin u can use that one to warm up ur body for the cold in Istanbul.
u can also dink as much as u want.. cool cool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 11:32am On Nov 30, 2012
@Bolaji,
'Best' is relative (consider promptness,charges,transfer amount limits, documentation required)for cheapest, your best bet is a Form A but it isn't the quickest. check earlier parts of this particular thread for more details posted by either @lokzie or me.
bholajee: To all the Gurus in da house, abeg what is the best and cheapest avenue to use for wire transfer of skool fees.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 11:36am On Nov 30, 2012
Hi freshdude, pls confirm if one needs a transit visa to land in Turkey? I recall a story about a guy that was sent back to Nigeria because he didn't have a transit visa for turkey- he was going to Ukraine (this was around 2003-2005, don't recall exactly when.
freshdude:
go with Turkish airline, Turkish airline is currently the best airline in europe...and ur transit point (istanbul airport) is awsome. kiss. they also
serve beer, and spirits in turkish airline grin grin u can use that one to warm up ur body for the cold in Istanbul.
u can also dink as much as u want.. cool cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (404)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.