Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,269 members, 7,920,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 05:42 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (519072 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by wuralulu: 10:11pm On Dec 07, 2012
earthgreeners: @wuralulu, ur sure bets are the Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Passport info page, National IDs, Voters card, certificate of origin and Landed properties...As a lawyer, I think u shld be able to get documents that can serve in lieu of the above

Hia!bros na wa o,three of these people I dey talk actually live in yankee,am filling on d form dat dey live in Niga,abeg how dey wan get voters card,National I'd,certificate of origin,dem no even get Niga passports again...hmmm its impossible for me to get dis docs wey u mention,even me wey I dey Niga I no get dem sef...,as per the landed property,I dnt have houses anywhere,my parents do but none of dem is my sponsor,its my sister sponsoring me,make I add my papa nd mama landed property docs
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by shevy90: 10:36pm On Dec 07, 2012
Hello house...pls my fiancee just got admission from centennial. Also discovered she's a few weeks pregnant and we should be gettin married by nxt yr Jan. But my concern is...is the pregnancy a thing to worry about as per her gettin a TRV to canada for her studies or does dt mean we have already gotten a denial even before submitting an application to CDHC? ***Pls guys...I need responses from the experienced ones here who av been thru the whole process from submission to medicals n all*** Thanks in anticipation of the responses
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by jman77(m): 10:42pm On Dec 07, 2012
iluminati: it is well even in the well
grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 10:52pm On Dec 07, 2012
shevy90: Hello house...pls my fiancee just got admission from centennial. Also discovered she's a few weeks pregnant and we should be gettin married by nxt yr Jan. But my concern is...is the pregnancy a thing to worry about as per her gettin a TRV to canada for her studies or does dt mean we have already gotten a denial even before submitting an application to CDHC? ***Pls guys...I need responses from the experienced ones here who av been thru the whole process from submission to medicals n all*** Thanks in anticipation of the responses
...My bro...I will advise you differ this admission and wait until after the marriage and delivery....this will solidify her ties to naija....also, if she is sent for medicals and of cos, they will discover she is like 6 or 7months pregnant....they might deny her application...cos she might be tagged not a credible student, thinking she is only heading there to have her baby...so, no need to rush, wait till next yr and probably she can apply for another admission later next yr....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by wuralulu: 10:58pm On Dec 07, 2012
Siga: ...My bro...I will advise you differ this admission and wait until after the marriage and delivery....this will solidify her ties to naija....also, if she is sent for medicals and of cos, they will discover she is like 6 or 7months pregnant....they might deny her application...cos she might be tagged not a credible student, thinking she is only heading there to have her baby...so, no need to rush, wait till next yr and probably she can apply for another admission later next yr....

Bros no vex,dat later next year,a new baby go dey ground o,na who she go leave dat baby for
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 11:04pm On Dec 07, 2012
wuralulu:

Bros no vex,dat later next year,a new baby go dey ground o,na who she go leave dat baby for
....ah well...dem go need weigh dem options....Im not God ooo, but when dem VO see medical report with 6 or 7months pregnancy....visa no sure ooo....if dem fit wait for 2yrs...thats better ...make we think about the baby first...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by wuralulu: 11:12pm On Dec 07, 2012
Siga: ....ah well...dem go need weigh dem options....Im not God ooo, but when dem VO see medical report with 6 or 7months pregnancy....visa no sure ooo....if dem fit wait for 2yrs...thats better ...make we think about the baby first...

Gbam!!!two years or more o,belle don enter already sef,so dat is the only option to weigh,the baby comes first noni
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by jman77(m): 11:31pm On Dec 07, 2012
chai! I love this thread,if this thread na woman?! I go marry am.@siga,welldone.grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Noswaa: 11:39pm On Dec 07, 2012
wuralulu:

Gbam!!!two years or more o,belle don enter already sef,so dat is the only option to weigh,the baby comes first noni

Funny you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 11:44pm On Dec 07, 2012
jman77: chai! I love this thread,if this thread na woman?! I go marry am.@siga,welldone.grin
..Marry her ke....the kind wahala she go give u with all the CDHC tracking...u sure say u go survive the marriage?...lol grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by wuralulu: 11:44pm On Dec 07, 2012
grin
Noswaa:

Funny you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by eldredthedon(m): 11:54pm On Dec 07, 2012
nivax21: @eldred de don.Congrats bro!! Try pay the tuition and accomodation sharpally and also ur medical

@nivax....abeg how did u sort ur accomodation stuff?...... r u stayin on or off campus?....wats ur number?....make we yarn shee ur goin to uni of ottawa....holla bk
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by nivax21: 12:24am On Dec 08, 2012
The don.I will look 4 accommodation once I get there.the only condition given to me by CDHC was to pay a year tuition which I have done.we can discuss more via mail(nivax10@gmail.com)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Goldie20: 1:46am On Dec 08, 2012
The Government of Canada has proposed to introduce biometric identity screening for nationals of 29 countries and 1 territory when they apply for a temporary resident visa, study permit or work permit. Once final, this change would take effect in 2013.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) plans to introduce the following changes in 2013:

If you are a national of a country or territory listed below, you will need to appear in person to have your fingerprints and photograph (biometric information) taken when you apply for a:

temporary resident visa,
study permit, or
work permit.

CIC will start to collect this information from people on a mandatory basis in September 2013. By December 2013, biometric screening will be mandatory for all temporary resident applicants who are a national of a country or territory listed below. The following are the proposed dates when mandatory collection of biometric information will begin:

September 2, 2013:

Columbia
Haiti
Jamaica

October 15, 2013:

Albania
Algeria
Democratic Republic of Congo
Eritrea
Libya
Nigeria
Saudi Arabia
Somalia
South Sudan
Sudan
Tunisa

December 7, 2013:

Afghanistan
Bangladesh
Burma (Myanmar)
Cambodia
Egypt
Iran
Iraq
Jordan
Laos
Lebanon
Pakistan
Sri Lanka
Syria
Vietnam
Yemen
Palestinian Authority

These dates are subject to change. Visit this website in spring 2013 to confirm when this will take effect for you...

did anyone post this in the thread already ? came across this and just wanted to share..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bumdish: 1:56am On Dec 08, 2012
wuralulu:
Marriage cert of my parents?dey r in dere 70s,can dey even find dat one sef,landed properties of my parents even if dey are not my sponsors?birth certs is also an issue,my dad is a retired career ambassordor,most of my siblings were not born in Niga,am planning to indicate dat some of dem who live abroad live in Niga in my form sef,so adding birth certs no go favor me,abi?
newacca:
@Wuralulu,
I dont think you need birth certificate of your siblings. Since they are not applying with you. I did not include my sibling's birth certificate neither did I include my parent's marriage certificate. Also,are your both parent's sponsoring you? If it is one of 'em,I don't think their marriage cert. is necessary. What of ppl whose parent's are divorced,separated or deceased? In my own view,I think marriage cert. is requested from those that r married and also those that are applying with their spouse. wetin dem wan take my parent matrimony do when I no dey go with my Pale and Male? Though I did not use it in my applications. But if you feel it is necessary for you to include it,no P.
#Just my thought though#.
@newacca I thought I was the only one stunned. @Wuralulu, I can say almost in absolute terms that you don't need those documents you listed. Parents Marriage Cert., Parent/Siblings Birth Certificate!!! I think it is an overkill and you might be adding extra layer of workload on your application.
Am yet to understand what those documents are supposed to serve especially when CDHC did not even request for them whether specifically or implied.

Remember, your application should be a cogent, authentic, impressive, straight to the point story. Please don't make it boring.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bumdish: 2:22am On Dec 08, 2012
spencer3705: all,What are those things(suporting doxz) i need to show at port of entry?and wat are d questns to be expected if any?:-)
In addition to @Siga & @Earthgreener, the POE experience is never the same for any two entrant. In my own case, I handed in my Passport and the next moment, I was handed back my passport with the permit on top. So generally, you don't have any problem. Just have your docs handy. You can not be asked anything outside the ordinarily.

Also, at the customs, my luggage was not checked. I was only asked if I have any fresh livestock in my bag and I answered No but just to be sure, I told the officer I have dried fish (Aja Gbigbe) and Grounded crayfish (Ede) grin, She simply smiled and said no problem.

Some of the best things I came with
Garri Ijebu (Happy I came with this)
Dried Fish and Crayfish (If you are my type, you wouldn't regret it)
Kuli-Kuli (I just finished it though)
Tom Tom sweet(So I can keep my Nigerian Taste bud and to give my Nigerian pals here cos we dont do chocolate in Naija)
Dried Ugwu and Dried Bitterleaf (For my Ofe Onugbu stunts, learnt that during NYSC)
Grounded Pepper - Ata gigun (Key) and
Grounded Melon (Shokoyokoto things)

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Goldie20: 4:14am On Dec 08, 2012
@ siga and everyone.. I have a quick question.. is it okay to put N/A or unknown for the family information.. where it asked, present address/occupation and stuff like that about mother and father , someone that doesnt know where his/her parents is, or never grew up with them in his/her life ? cool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 4:27am On Dec 08, 2012
Goldie20: @ siga and everyone.. I have a quick question.. is it okay to put N/A or unknown for the family information.. where it asked, present address/occupation and stuff like that about mother and father , someone that doesnt know where his/her parents is, or never grew up with them in his/her life ? cool
....then u put ur guardians infos there...and write a letter to back it up or append a sticky with the info...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Goldie20: 4:52am On Dec 08, 2012
Siga: ....then u put ur guardians infos there...and write a letter to back it up or append a sticky with the info...

Thank You.. Was Just Talking About That With My Sponsor.. You're A Life Saver.. God Bless You!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lovesavvi: 7:51am On Dec 08, 2012
@mr siga or anybody dat av idea abt humba college, it takes how many month 4 humba college 2 process application nd give admission also can i use my transcript address to anoda school to apply 4 admission in humba college or i should go nd collect anoda one .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Rapuziaokwu(m): 8:26am On Dec 08, 2012
@All, I called Abuja Clinics and they gave me a tracking number to my medicals. When I tracked, behold my medical report was heading to France. Is it where it is suppose to go? If yes, how long will it take to be processed there and returned to CDHC? Answer pls

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 9:08am On Dec 08, 2012
Rapuziaokwu: @All, I called Abuja Clinics and they gave me a tracking number to my medicals. When I tracked, behold my medical report was heading to France. Is it where it is suppose to go? If yes, how long will it take to be processed there and returned to CDHC? Answer pls

Hahah..... Its your urine and blood sample heading to France for vacation.... Smile. Did mine too at Abuja clinic and was also given a tracking number which I used to monitor it to france. Since then(8 days ago), I have been in the dark. Relax no wahala... It's going tru UK >Germany then France. When exactly u do your medical?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Rapuziaokwu(m): 9:44am On Dec 08, 2012
Jokzoh:

Hahah..... Its your urine and blood sample heading to France for vacation.... Smile. Did mine too at Abuja clinic and was also given a tracking number which I used to monitor it to france. Since then(8 days ago), I have been in the dark. Relax no wahala... It's going tru UK >Germany then France. When exactly u do your medical?
I did my medicals on thursday, 29th Nov. Wen did u do ur medicals and where are u heading to?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iluminati: 10:41am On Dec 08, 2012
Pls who knows the cheapest local flight in Canada from Toronto to Newfoundland St. john's for one going to Memorial University. AirCanada is too expensive. About 350 dollars. Pls who can recommend cheap local flights in Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bumdish: 10:59am On Dec 08, 2012
iluminati: Pls who knows the cheapest local flight in Canada from Toronto to Newfoundland St. john's for one going to Memorial University. AirCanada is too expensive. About 350 dollars. Pls who can recommend cheap local flights in Canada?

Use http://www.farecompare.com . You would get lots of options to pick from.
Which particular airport in Toronto are you looking at and is there any particular date in mind?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adim02: 12:07pm On Dec 08, 2012
@lovesavvi i think you should call the school and ask the admission officer if they will accept recent transcript from you but different address.I apply to niagara college post-graduate studies and they accepted my transcript but was address to CDHC in Nigeria i call them and they they said yes that they will accept it.Cheer
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lovesavvi: 12:12pm On Dec 08, 2012
Thanks, i will call the school the school.
adim02: @lovesavvi i think you should call the school and ask the admission officer if they will accept recent transcript from you but different address.I apply to niagara college post-graduate studies and they accepted my transcript but was address to CDHC in Nigeria i call them and they they said yes that they will accept it.Cheer
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 12:22pm On Dec 08, 2012
Goldie20: The Government of Canada has proposed to introduce biometric identity screening for nationals of 29 countries and 1 territory when they apply for a temporary resident visa, study permit or work permit. Once final, this change would take effect in 2013.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) plans to introduce the following changes in 2013:

If you are a national of a country or territory listed below, you will need to appear in person to have your fingerprints and photograph (biometric information) taken when you apply for a:

temporary resident visa,
study permit, or
work permit.

CIC will start to collect this information from people on a mandatory basis in September 2013. By December 2013, biometric screening will be mandatory for all temporary resident applicants who are a national of a country or territory listed below. The following are the proposed dates when mandatory collection of biometric information will begin:

September 2, 2013:

Columbia
Haiti
Jamaica

October 15, 2013:

Albania
Algeria
Democratic Republic of Congo
Eritrea
Libya
Nigeria
Saudi Arabia
Somalia
South Sudan
Sudan
Tunisa

December 7, 2013:

Afghanistan
Bangladesh
Burma (Myanmar)
Cambodia
Egypt
Iran
Iraq
Jordan
Laos
Lebanon
Pakistan
Sri Lanka
Syria
Vietnam
Yemen
Palestinian Authority

These dates are subject to change. Visit this website in spring 2013 to confirm when this will take effect for you...

did anyone post this in the thread already ? came across this and just wanted to share..

They have been collecting our thumb prints from the Police clearance form we submitted so what are they talking about. Anyway I wish them good-luck. Its a further indictment on their part cos when time comes and our country begin make sense, we will also start collecting their finger prints.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Henkyz(m): 12:43pm On Dec 08, 2012
@wuralulu and newacca, I appreciate.. I know its a positive one for me.. I strongly declare that it will be positive to u all in the house too as it already is for me.. Our God is a God of certainty. Allah, Jesus,jah, jehovah will do it for us all. Amen!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ronakoks: 12:59pm On Dec 08, 2012
@ siga
Please I'm considering applyi g for fall 2013. What are my chances of getting TVr considering I finished my BSc in 2008. Dooes this gap in education afffects application for study permit? I want to go for graduate diploma since my 2.2 can't get me masters admissions. It seems that's wat a lot of pple are goin for arround here because it is veriy practical Oriented and PRovides d requisite skills one needs to enter the Canadian job marked. Will this gap in education affect my application in anyway?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ronakoks: 1:05pm On Dec 08, 2012
Please house can u recomend to me a very good Agency I can Use. I contacted FBIPS yesterday and there fees are kinda high(3700$). I don't mind using them if they hav a good reputaion on this thread. Anybody successfuly used an aggency please recommend me one .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 1:05pm On Dec 08, 2012
I would like to be a moderator for Fall 2013 applicants, If you intend submitting study permit application for Fall 2013. Please Kindly indicate : The university you applied to, course, Level (Undergraduate or postgraduate) ......All the Best

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.