Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,769 members, 7,921,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 11:45 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (519278 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 5:22pm On Dec 24, 2012
Guys, my status changed today and i got my trv today too!! na for brt bus stop i bin track d tin on my bb o.
All TRV/MEDICAL awaitees, patience. spoke with d guy at the vfs office and he said they will still issue trv's from thursday, after the 26th.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 5:23pm On Dec 24, 2012
dealexad: Guys, my status changed today and i got my trv today too!! na for brt bus stop i bin track d tin on my bb o.
All TRV/MEDICAL awaitees, patience. spoke with d guy at the vfs office and he said they will still issue trv's from thursday, after the 26th.
...Now, this is a confirmed source....congrats bro...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 5:32pm On Dec 24, 2012
Siga: ...Now, this is a confirmed source....congrats bro...

thanks bruv, na to find ticket, and gather al d garri n co dat i can take grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 5:36pm On Dec 24, 2012
dealexad:

thanks bruv, na to find ticket, and gather al d garri n co dat i can take grin
....I have said it before....CDHC dont give a damn about how close is it to ur resumption date that ultimately affect ur ticket price....dem go say, na dem sabi....so, bro...u go have to suck it up and pay up....lol...congrats...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Robbie37: 5:36pm On Dec 24, 2012
Congrats to all o! Even to those waiting, let's all just focus on the big picture and keep faith!
tongue
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 6:31pm On Dec 24, 2012
dealexad: Guys, my status changed today and i got my trv today too!! na for brt bus stop i bin track d tin on my bb o.

Congrats bro. Unna Lagos ppl get advantage o. I still have to wait till Thursday before I see my package now.(my status too changed today). God bless!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by eldredthedon(m): 6:52pm On Dec 24, 2012
wow.......wonderful news today......all thanks and praise to God......at least this can give pple hope.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by eldredthedon(m): 7:01pm On Dec 24, 2012

what site did you use to track.....and how did u track ?.....mine is showing me one funny error, just want to make sure im doin the right thing.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 7:09pm On Dec 24, 2012
mercylicious:

I track wit bb too. Once u select the first option- applicatn ..n d dob box is supposed to come up., then u can edit d dob by scrolling and typing ur dob.

Thanks. The dob box not just coming up. I've called someone to help me track on the system. Status yet to change. All is well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by eldredthedon(m): 7:19pm On Dec 24, 2012
adexcube:

Thanks. The dob box not just coming up. I've called someone to help me track on the system. Status yet to change. All is well.

What site are u using to track?....I hv a number dt starts with S...... Hope that's the correct application number?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:44pm On Dec 24, 2012
Canada don shift to May 2013

New Federal Skilled Worker Program to accept applications beginning May 4, 2013

Ottawa, December 19, 2012 — The new selection system for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) will take effect on May 4, 2013 at which time the program will re-open for applications, Citizenship, Immigration, and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

“The government’s number one priority remains jobs, economic growth, and long-term prosperity,” said Minister Kenney. “The new Federal Skilled Worker Program criteria will ensure Canada is selecting the skilled immigrants our economy needs, who are the most likely to succeed and fully realize their potential in Canada.”

The improvements to the FSWP points grid are based on a large body of research which has consistently shown that language proficiency and youth are two of the most important factors in the economic success of immigrants.

The final changes to the FSWP selection criteria include:

* Minimum official language thresholds and increased points for official language proficiency, making language the most important factor in the selection process;
* Increased emphasis on younger immigrants, who are more likely to acquire valuable Canadian experience, are better positioned to adapt to changing labour market conditions, and who will spend a greater number of years contributing to Canada’s economy;
* Introduction of the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA), so that education points awarded reflect the foreign credential’s true value in Canada;
* Changes to the arranged employment process, allowing employers to hire applicants quickly, if there is a demonstrated need in the Canadian labour market; and
* Additional adaptability points for spousal language ability and Canadian work experience.

“For too long, too many immigrants to Canada have experienced underemployement and unemployment, and this has been detrimental to these newcomers and to the Canadian economy,” said Minister Kenney. “Our transformational changes to the FSWP will help ensure that skilled newcomers are able to contribute their skills fully to the economy as soon as possible. This is good for newcomers, good for the economy, and good for all Canadians.”

There are two new steps to the new selection system. First, applicants will have to demonstrate that they meet the minimum language threshold, which is level 7 of the Canadian Language Benchmark assessment system. Applicants will be able to get a language assessment from existing agencies designated by the Minister and listed on the CIC website.

Second, applicants will have their education credentials assessed prior to arriving in Canada. A list of assessment organizations designated by the Minister will be made available early in the New Year. The assessment of foreign educational credentials will provide prospective newcomers with a more realistic understanding of how their credentials compare to education standards in Canada. It will also give them the opportunity to upgrade their education prior to coming to Canada if they choose.

It is important to note that these changes will not apply to people who have applied to the FSWP prior to May 4, 2013 with a qualifying arranged job offer or under the Ph.D. stream.

As recently announced, due to the actions taken over the past months, new applications under the FSWP will be processed in a few months, rather than a few years. In order to ensure fast processing times and to avoid backlogs, the new FSWP will accept a fixed number of applications each year.

In the medium term, the Government is also moving forward to develop and implement an Expression of Interest (EOI) model, which will provide employers with access to a pool of skilled workers.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-12-19.asp?utm_source=media-centre-email&utm_medium=email-eng&utm_campaign=generic
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ezme(m): 7:50pm On Dec 24, 2012
Congrats to dealexad and jokzoh, timely xmas gift i must say
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:04pm On Dec 24, 2012
ezme: Congrats to dealexad and jokzoh, timely xmas gift i must say

ezme, we would both spend the next xmas in North America
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:12pm On Dec 24, 2012
Thinking Canadian

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:13pm On Dec 24, 2012
Merry Xmas from Canada

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:14pm On Dec 24, 2012
Montreal Version

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 8:17pm On Dec 24, 2012
@earthgreeners...me love ur enthusiasm....God will mos def grant ur good heart desires....u gbadun Canada no be small...lol grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 8:21pm On Dec 24, 2012
congrats bro...when you do medical?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 8:38pm On Dec 24, 2012
Idomaboi:
congrats bro...when you do medical?

thanks sir. Nov 23rd
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 8:40pm On Dec 24, 2012
eldred the don:

what site did you use to track.....and how did u track ?.....mine is showing me one funny error, just want to make sure im doin the right thing.

https://vfsglobalonline.com/Canada-Nigeria-GlobalTracker/GlobalPassportTracker.asp
hope this helps
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:40pm On Dec 24, 2012
Siga: @earthgreeners...me love ur enthusiasm....God will mos def grant ur good heart desires....u gbadun Canada no be small...lol grin

Bros no be my fault, If you dey Nigeria at dis time u wld understand better...Its really frustrating Boss.....Its not as if Canada is heaven...

I just wanna be in a place where the system is working and where hardwork is recognised....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 8:43pm On Dec 24, 2012
In all, my application was in 15 weeks and 2 days
11 weeks after submission : medicals
4 weeks after medicals: trv
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 8:45pm On Dec 24, 2012
earthgreeners:

Bros no be my fault, If you dey Nigeria at dis time u wld understand better...Its really frustrating Boss.....Its not as if Canada is heaven...

I just wanna be in a place where the system is working and where hardwork is recognised....

i agree totally with u, imagine 2day of all days, goodluck jonathan was in twn, so there was traffic everywia cos major roads were blocked (in what country is dat done?) i had to spend 8k to get my trv today!! (taxi tinz)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 8:46pm On Dec 24, 2012
dealexad:

thanks sir. Nov 23rd
thats great...the V/I clinic? i did mine on 20th
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 8:47pm On Dec 24, 2012
earthgreeners:

...I feel u bro...feel u...I still get family for naija and na so so complain....so, I know wat u talkin about...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 8:47pm On Dec 24, 2012
dealexad:

i agree totally with u, imagine 2day of all days, goodluck jonathan was in twn, so there was traffic everywia cos major roads were blocked (in what country is dat done?) i had to spend 8k to get my trv today!! (taxi tinz)
and of cos...that 8k was with smile u dey take spend am...lol....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 8:48pm On Dec 24, 2012
Idomaboi:
thats great...the V/I clinic? i did mine on 20th
nah, Childrens clinic, Ikoyi
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 8:48pm On Dec 24, 2012
Siga: and of cos...that 8k was with smile u dey take spend am...lol....

abi o.. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 8:51pm On Dec 24, 2012
dealexad:

abi o.. grin
.....but easy on the spending ooo...u go need all dem cash once u touch ground oooo... grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:53pm On Dec 24, 2012
dealexad: i agree totally with u, imagine 2day of all days, goodluck jonathan was in twn, so there was traffic everywia cos major roads were blocked (in what country is dat done?) i had to spend 8k to get my trv today!! (taxi tinz)

Those rulers (not qualified as leaders) really need to be gunned down.....Dey don mess up dis country big time....Jonathan spoil our Economy beyond quick recovery

Bros I really envy you for this TRV issues oooo...All the Best as u begin a new life in a new system
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 8:53pm On Dec 24, 2012
dealexad:
nah, Childrens clinic, Ikoyi
i guess its not who does it first but how fast ur medical is sent to france and processed?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 8:55pm On Dec 24, 2012
Siga: .....but easy on the spending ooo...u go need all dem cash once u touch ground oooo... grin

Yess Boss!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.