Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,942 members, 7,966,484 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 03:26 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (523130 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 12:54am On Feb 14, 2013
kayce43:
The instructions were very cut and clear and they dint mince dia words, they simply said withdraw n re-apply, den if u have don medicals (no worries cus its valid 4 one year so d sept applicant wunt have to do dat again) so if they r satisfied with ur documents wen u re-apply, they'll issue d visa, my tot was y not issue d visa at once instead of making dem withdraw n re-apply.
...Ah well...na dem go explain why ooo....Can someone go to CDHC and confirm this plz....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iwinosajack: 7:53am On Feb 14, 2013
mercylicious: Congrats Iwinosa,
Wish u d best in ur medicals.
Tk k.

Thank u mercy. How far 4 ur own? Our good GOD wil do ur own too! Ur waiting wil never b in vain IJN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Adexhat(m): 8:37am On Feb 14, 2013
kelly4top: it's high time all nairalanders in Lagos gathered together in CDHC on a certain date we will agree on and protest on delay. We would arrange and go with news papers jounalist e.g Vangaurd or Punch to carry the news so that our national assembly will hear and even Canada government will be aware how this guys are seizing our original documents and international passport over 6 months. Imagine a friend cannot collect money from Western Union cos his passport has been with CDHC for ages. This can no longer be tolorated and we need to act to save our self and generation of ill and descriminatory treatment.
If you agree to this proposal, let us fix date and plan ahead cos CDHC own don too much. They need to be exposed. They are not working in that embassy and they are not the only Embassy in Nigeria.
What do you think guys? I dey vexx...
Guy, I understand your agitation and i seem to agree with you for a protest to be staged. However, I feel their excuses which they gave to Minister of Foreign affairs last year of large number of applicants would be justified and what the govt. will tell us to be patient or at worst find other countries (if you so wish to study abroad or even visit). I feel the fight may not hold waters....... so i'll advise we lunched the appeal for mercy and favor to God, who can do all things against all odds....... Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 8:45am On Feb 14, 2013
@Siga ds thing doesn't make any sense @all. If they feel its to early for processing fall, why can't they retain docs till whn appropriate - then advice applicants to either wait or withdraw their apps if they can't wait enymor.

This is pure fraud.

@Kayce43 u once quoted sum1's app (i guess bumdish) was processed for 8mths, wat happened then?

If u withdraw ur app without any instruction based on assumption, then u have no case against them; because a year ago they did process all backlogs.

Wuld mosdef visit CDHC soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 10:16am On Feb 14, 2013
@Don Cipher my advice is not to withdraw ur application becos I said so, I just simply shared with d house wat I knw CDHC is doing at the moment, my advice wld be dat u shld wait n get d instructions directly frm CDHC or better still visit d embassy for better directives, like I said this is a confirmed information, u can ask anyone who submitted last year n has a new start date of sept 2013,(I dnt knw about fresh applicants ) if ur not asked to withdraw incase u fall in this category den consider urself favoured, yes I quoted bumdish's application tuk 8months, infact my friend in Vancouver, his application tuk a year b4 it was approved dunno d full story though but that's wat he told me, so I dnt understand d whole withdraw n re-apply thing...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 10:47am On Feb 14, 2013
UpdatedList of Applicants through with Medicals, awaiting TRV

@Siga's friend 4th January
@Kayce 43 January 7th, Asaju, Lagos
@missAhoy January 8th, Ikoyi clinic
@Kenniy January 8th , Ikoyi clinic
@seedgie's friend January 9th
@Kemdee January 15th Asaju, Lagos
@ulo123 January
18th
@mosquitoway January 19th, Asaju, lagos
@lus@5 February 5th, Abuja

Into ur hands we commit ourselves O God, just few more dayz and I believe d calls will start rolling in....if u fall in this category and u r not on d list
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 11:12am On Feb 14, 2013
mozo:

There's always someone you can send an email to or call to verify that for you, either your prospective department or the admissions office

I've written τ̅☺ dem several times. But N̶̲̥̅̊Ơ̴̴͡ response frm dem
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 11:22am On Feb 14, 2013
kayce43: @Don Cipher my advice is not to withdraw ur application becos I said so, I just simply shared with d house wat I knw CDHC is doing at the moment, my advice wld be dat u shld wait n get d instructions directly frm CDHC or better still visit d embassy for better directives, like I said this is a confirmed information, u can ask anyone who submitted last year n has a new start date of sept 2013,(I dnt knw about fresh applicants ) if ur not asked to withdraw incase u fall in this category den consider urself favoured, yes I quoted bumdish's application tuk 8months, infact my friend in Vancouver, his application tuk a year b4 it was approved dunno d full story though but that's wat he told me, so I dnt understand d whole withdraw n re-apply thing...

Don't U̶̲̥̅̊ tink the're working towards the 10 days stuff for fall applicants...or y wud D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ say its too early τ̅☺ apply for fall wen sept is just 7 months ahead...
N their usual waiting time is within 4-6 months
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:29am On Feb 14, 2013
I suggest all applicants awaiting instruction should all visit CDHC on same day, at the same time to make enquiry on their application...
It wld force them to revisit those files.....

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 11:30am On Feb 14, 2013
kayce43: @Don Cipher my advice is not to withdraw ur application becos I said so, I just simply shared with d house wat I knw CDHC is doing at the moment, my advice wld be dat u shld wait n get d instructions directly frm CDHC or better still visit d embassy for better directives, like I said this is a confirmed information, u can ask anyone who submitted last year n has a new start date of sept 2013,(I dnt knw about fresh applicants ) if ur not asked to withdraw incase u fall in this category den consider urself favoured, yes I quoted bumdish's application tuk 8months, infact my friend in Vancouver, his application tuk a year b4 it was approved dunno d full story though but that's wat he told me, so I dnt understand d whole withdraw n re-apply thing...

Don't U̶̲̥̅̊ tink the're working towards the 10 days stuff for fall applicants...or y wud D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ say its too early τ̅☺ apply for fall wen sept is just 7 months ahead...
N their usual waiting time is within 4-6 months
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 12:45pm On Feb 14, 2013
A month and a week now after Medicals, Lord plz I await the goodnews of my TRV
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:57pm On Feb 14, 2013
For those that applied to University of Saskatchewan. Some departments have started admitting students and letters are now being sent out by the College of Graduate studies...Though some department are yet to make decisions...But a friend of mine just got admission into their Public Health Masters.. Fall 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ulo123: 1:47pm On Feb 14, 2013
Amen ooo!
lil wonder why its taking sooo long to process TRV after medicals. I would suspect they are trying to wrap up last year's applications before they begin issuing TRV's for those who have done their medicals...that seems to be the only explanation i can make up for this long wait...
But let's keep on waiting, praying and believing it will come soonest...and would not tarry!

kayce43: A month and a week now after Medicals, Lord plz I await the goodnews of my TRV
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iwinosajack: 2:18pm On Feb 14, 2013
kayce43: A month and a week now after Medicals, Lord plz I await the goodnews of my TRV

U will get ur TRV IJN.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iwinosajack: 2:29pm On Feb 14, 2013
iwinosajack :

U will get ur TRV IJN.

I just collected my package from VAC. D conditions attached with my medical instruction is to provide sponsor's payslips & salary a/c statement and also to provide receipt for balance payment of a year tuition fee( I paid for one semester before). Wil do my medical tomorrow
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 2:40pm On Feb 14, 2013
@Iwinosajack and Ulo123...Thanks and a big Amen to dem prayers...I believe I will get it by Gods grace,

@Iwinosajack jst fufill ur conditions n ur Visa is sure by Gods grace...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iwinosajack: 3:14pm On Feb 14, 2013
kayce43: @Iwinosajack and Ulo123...Thanks and a big Amen to dem prayers...I believe I will get it by Gods grace,

@Iwinosajack jst fufill ur conditions n ur Visa is sure by Gods grace...

@kayce43, Amen! Tank u so much bro. Pls do I return only my passport back to VAC after my medical or wait till I fufill d conditions and submit everything once? Tanks so much for ur help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 3:31pm On Feb 14, 2013
iwinosajack :

@kayce43, Amen! Tank u so much bro. Pls do I return only my passport back to VAC after my medical or wait till I fufill d conditions and submit everything once? Tanks so much for ur help.
Its better u fufill all the conditions and submit everything at once
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ZionSpecie(m): 3:47pm On Feb 14, 2013
earthgreeners: I suggest all applicants awaiting instruction should all visit CDHC on same day, at the same time to make enquiry on their application...
It wld force them to revisit those files.....
Can we all fix a date for that here? For a gentle appeal.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 5:47pm On Feb 14, 2013
ZionSpecie:
Can we all fix a date for that here? For a gentle appeal.

The whole process does not just add up, giving room for speculations and conspiracy theories.

@Mercylicious, I am beginning to wonder if your Local Government quota is full and they are waiting for further allocation to call you having seemingly approved your TRV!

How can you detain passports of fellow human beings for so long and then.... The more you look, the less you see.

I no blame them sha, if we had developed our country who will be struggling to run elsewhere? An Ivorian just set himself ablaze in Italy (a country in recession) in-order to avoid deportation -Can it be so bad that a person will rather die than go back home?. Anyway, these VO's may be saying, 'Stay in your country and fight for your rights, we fought for ours and we are defending it daily as we hold our leaders accountable by the minute', but we no wan hear -instead we re-apply!. I am currently in India, it seems there is more poverty here but, at least I see ambulances running around with people in need of medical attention (In Naija, I only see Ambulances in Governors/ Presidents Convoy), I entered their old train today (A new one like the one in Dubai is currently under construction by a Chinese firm) and yes, there is power outage everyday BUT, just for 2 hours a day for maintenance (so you can plan) while they work on improvements.

Oyinbo go just laff at you if you go to demonstrate at CDHC. It's like frying pan and fire -Most people see Canada as the frying pan in this case. Instead of going to holla at CDHC, We should all be marching to Eagle Square in Abuja to say 'ENOUGH' and thereby quench the fire. Our first responsibility is to our Country.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich -John F. Kennedy (OUR GOVERNMENT WILL RATHER SPEND BILLIONS AS AVIATION INTERVENTION FUND WHICH WILL BENEFIT A FEW PEOPLE WHO CAN AFFORD TO FLY THAN SPEND MONEY IN DEVELOPING OUR RAILWAY SYSTEM WHICH WILL AFFECT MUCH MORE PEOPLE i.e including the workforce POSITIVELY).

Forgive me for the deviation, Sometimes one is so tensed up and needs to burst -Like the guy that wants to demonstrate (I no blame you O jare)! Having said what is on my mind, I don cool down now.
Oya back to the topic at hand...(At the rate CDHC is treating us I hope we will not have to change the topic to "NOT Traveling to Canada Soon!) grin

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kelly4top: 5:49pm On Feb 14, 2013
@ALL, CDHC PROCESSED A LOT OF APPLICATIONS TODAY ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT SUBMITTED AROUND SEPT. OCTOBER, NOVEMBER AND FEW DEC. SO PLS TRACK YOUR STATUS NOW AND GIVE US THE GOOD NEWS.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 6:02pm On Feb 14, 2013
kelly4top:
@ALL, CDHC PROCESSED A LOT OF APPLICATIONS TODAY ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT SUBMITTED AROUND SEPT. OCTOBER, NOVEMBER AND FEW DEC. SO PLS TRACK YOUR STATUS NOW AND GIVE US THE GOOD NEWS.

Oya "Carry on Tracking!"
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 6:39pm On Feb 14, 2013
kelly4top:
Hi plz how did u know about this?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:49pm On Feb 14, 2013
galala123: Oya "Carry on Tracking!"

Mr. galala123, I love ur sermon...but that wont stop me from leaving this Joke called Nigeria if given the oppurtunity. Nothing seem to be working, A country where hardwork is never recognized....Im sorry oo... I wld rather wait for the snails in CDHC..
For me, It's still TRAVELLING TO CANADA......

Making enquiry is different from prostesting...Nobody here is talking about protest cos we are all matured and understands the consequence of our actions...

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ZionSpecie(m): 6:59pm On Feb 14, 2013
kelly4top:
I believe that means those of us that submitted our applications late December should be expectant anytime from next week
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Adexhat(m): 7:46pm On Feb 14, 2013
kelly4top:
@kelly4top,
This is gud news 4da house... But can u tell us ur info source at least to show how authentic and sure it is..... Thank u very much. Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 8:02pm On Feb 14, 2013
earthgreeners:

Mr. galala123, I love ur sermon...but that wont stop me from leaving this Joke called Nigeria if given the oppurtunity. Nothing seem to be working, A country where hardwork is never recognized....Im sorry oo... I wld rather wait for the snails in CDHC..
For me, It's still TRAVELLING TO CANADA......

Making enquiry is different from prostesting...Nobody here is talking about protest cos we are all matured and understands the consequence of our actions...

"After visiting these places, you can easily understand how that within a few years Hitler will emerge from the hatred that surrounds him now as one of the most significant figures who ever lived. He had boundless ambition for his country which rendered him a menace to the peace of the world, but he had a mystery about him in the way that he lived and in the manner of his death that will live and grow after him. He had in him the stuff of which legends are made" -JFK; Personal diary (1 August 1945)

WE NEED A LEADER WITH BOUNDLESS AMBITION FOR NIGERIA and followers ready to make sacrifices for tomorrow. As bad as Hitler was perceived, even JFK acknowledged that "he had in him the stuff of which legends are made". He loved his country so much that he was ready to destroy the rest of the world for self preservation. I weep for Nigeria. Syria has been almost totally demolished -Roads, bridges, Water works, Electric infrastructure, Airports, Railway tracks, Buildings, Businesses, Schools, Worship places, etc but I wont be surprised if they are more developed than we in the next 10 years. Sad, but some of us have to stay behind to put it back together like Humpty Dumpty after the great fall(Though all the kings men couldn't put Humpty Dumbty together again ba?) grin

Lastly, be careful sha as peaceful enquiry en masse can go wrong. You do not know all applicants behavior. A frustrated and annoyed individual may smoke enuff ganja and vodka that morning and then land the nearest VO hot slap and the whole thing go get diplomatic k-leg. Just advising against group action unless you want to hire a lawyer for class action/ deliberation with CHDC.

Have you considered joint strike by applicants? No visa application whatsoever (Study, visit, business, etc) from Nigeria, then CHDC cannot make their financial targets and they will have no work in Naija leading to job losses on their part, then they will know that "the customer is King" (Although, like fuel subsidy strike, I no trust my fellow country men as some people (most likely me too!) will sneak in the applications then and be halla-ing here like bull dogs). grin

In a nutshell sha, Na wah oh! How far with the tracking? If you track and no news, just chill and ignore "NOTICE TO CARRY ON TRACKING", the source will not make any difference!

Sorry guys, I understand the tension having been there. Just trying to add some humor in the house till the master (lillawow) resumes at his duty post.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mozo: 8:43pm On Feb 14, 2013
kelly4top:

If true, this is a welcome development, we just need to know how legit it is. @mercy and co that submitted pls track and provide feed back. All the best guys
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 10:14pm On Feb 14, 2013
earthgreeners: For those that applied to University of Saskatchewan. Some departments have started admitting students and letters are now being sent out by the College of Graduate studies...Though some department are yet to make decisions...But a friend of mine just got admission into their Public Health Masters.. Fall 2013

Yeah that's right. I spoke with an officer just now to confirm my documents, she said they are working on January and February deadline applications.
The dead line for my course is march 1st, so they won't start to review until march
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:07am On Feb 15, 2013
dommakavelli: Yeah that's right. I spoke with an officer just now to confirm my documents, she said they are working on January and February deadline applications.
The dead line for my course is march 1st, so they won't start to review until march

Mine is today - February 15th
so I wld be expecting my letter by month end
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:00pm On Feb 15, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by imadebaby: 2:04pm On Feb 15, 2013
earthgreeners:

Mine is today - February 15th
so I wld be expecting my letter by month end

My deadline was dec 15 still no news

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (404)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.