Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,904 members, 7,883,141 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 02:26 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (515228 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 1:14am On Sep 02, 2012
slamdunk99: Just arrived Toronto Pearson n received my study permit, n waitin for my connection to Vancouver........dey just asked for PP, letter n acceptance letter, nothing abt cash or financial records. I believe they know d kind of Embassy they have in Naija......Pls dont change money at the airport. Just changed hundred USD n guess wat, they gave me 79CAD......I tell the guy say I no want again but imtalk say im don print receipt already........d thing pain me eh!!! embarassed

Lol . . Welcome to Canada. . . You could have just paid for what you wanna buy in US $$, but at least you now have an experience . . . More to come
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 8:01am On Sep 02, 2012
slamdunk99: Just arrived Toronto Pearson n received my study permit, n waitin for my connection to Vancouver........dey just asked for PP, letter n acceptance letter, nothing abt cash or financial records. I believe they know d kind of Embassy they have in Naija......Pls dont change money at the airport. Just changed hundred USD n guess wat, they gave me 79CAD......I tell the guy say I no want again but imtalk say im don print receipt already........d thing pain me eh!!! embarassed

bros, thank God for safest journey, we dey yur back..we dey come....
Enjoy canada..be a good citizen of 9ja. God'll order your steps
btw, re yu sayin we shldn't change USD dollars and come with it like that?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 9:13am On Sep 02, 2012
slamdunk99: Here is an encouragement to all awaiting TRV/medicals, just trust in God n victory will be urs.I even had doubts of being called for medicals. Submitted 30th apr. called for meds 22nd may, visa 29th june.

Thank God for successful trip. Abeg help M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ with ur letter of intent as well as ur email address S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ we can talk more. ♍y email is cletus161@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by amby147: 9:23am On Sep 02, 2012
xtus:

Thank God for successful trip. Abeg help M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ with ur letter of intent as well as ur email address S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ we can talk more. ♍y email is cletus161@yahoo.com

@slamdunk99, am really happy for oh!! How far who is ur sponsor?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 02, 2012
i need ur help house cos i am 30 years old and i want to choose a college for postgraduate i dont know if i stand the chance of getting a visa i am working and t they are ready to give me a study leave at work please meanwhile i already have a second class upper degree but i just want to take a course to boost my work house can i go on with it thanx as u respond
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 12:12pm On Sep 02, 2012
@slamdunk99
Glory be to God. I'm happy to hear that u landed in Toronto safely. Abeg go rep 9ja well. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 1:41pm On Sep 02, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]Study Plan mainly includes:
1.Study background: the current research
condition and level of the study subject
at home and abroad
2.The purpose of studying abroad, the
anticipated objective, the plan, the
method of implementation and the time
needed
3.The feasibility of attaining the
anticipated objective (combining it with
the professional technology and
knowledge that you have mastered )
4.The foreign country and the academic
institution that you have chosen, and the
reasons (please simply narrate the
advantages and level of the academic
institution abroad, and if there are
cooperation foundations and contacts
between your present institution and the
institution abroad. If there is an offer,
please add a copy )
5.The study (working) plan in Nigeria after finishing the study abroad.

SAMPLE OF LETTER OF INTENT
Dear Sir/Madam,
My admission application has been
approved and now I wish to apply for a
study permit. The ORIGINAL letter of
acceptance from the institute is attached.

Introduction: I am a network engineer
and I have completed my bachelors from
Nigeria in Computer Systems and
Networking in 2007. I have been working
for more that three years in computer
networking field, especially in information
security. I would like to pursue a Masters
degree in Information Systems Security in
order to strengthen my career and keep
myself updated with latest technologies
and procedures.

Purpose: The technology wave spun its
web in Nigeria during the twenties,
but certain sectors are yet to be fully
developed. One of the vital sides is
network security. It is indeed a handicap
for Nigeria - the fact that there are
so many limited e-commerce sites where
as, in developed countries, you could
probably do absolutely anything online.
The main reason behind it is, lack of
proper security infrastructure, people do
not have courage to buy online for anti-
trust issues. I always had a vision to work
in those sectors, in my earlier years in
university; I have worked on different
projects on Internet securities and in final
year, wrote a research paper on
“vulnerabilities of e-commerce sites in
Nigeria ” which was later published in
CUTSE 2007. On my first job at a British
outsourced software firm (MF Asia Ltd.), I
worked on network security of British
travel agencies and mailrooms. Later on
after joining AIS/D, I am currently working
on web filters and am in charge of the
school network. Thus a degree
exclusively on information security would
sharpen my knowledge and boost up my
career. Hence I have decided go to
Concordia University in Montreal to study
at Masters of Engineering in Information
Systems Security. Quebec Immigration
approved my CAQ on April 15 and it is
already forwarded to your embassy (copy
of forwarding letter is attached). So I'm
sure once I'm back to my country with a
IS Security degree in hand, I will be
valued by the employers in Nigeria,
both in government level and private
level.

I really need your support and request
you to encourage me and wish me good
luck for my future and efforts and issue
me a study permit.

Thank you so much in advance for your
kind consideration.

Yours Sincerely,

Please oh evry1..... Dis is jus a sample of a letter of intent and u can used it as a guide in writing urs. For all who have gotten their TRV please drop d letter of intent u used S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ other can learn from urs and evry1 is wlcm 2 mk corrections to d sample above..... Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by omosanyaolak(m): 1:54pm On Sep 02, 2012
@all, canada ambassador to nigeria said last year alone, the embassy issued over 1300 study visa to Nigerian applicants, which is equivalent to 50 percent allocated study visa to africa... He said this during a workshop in lagos. I wonder how many they will issue this year!...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kennyGGG(f): 6:03pm On Sep 02, 2012
omosanyaolak: @all, canada ambassador to nigeria said last year alone, the embassy issued over 1300 study visa to Nigerian applicants, which is equivalent to 50 percent allocated study visa to africa... He said this during a workshop in lagos. I wonder how many they will issue this year!...

My advise to all those who are yet to submit would be: Make sure you DO IT YOURSELF. There is nothing an agency can do for you that you cant do yourself. The other thing is you are the one seeking the admission and doing the funding. You are in the best position to put together all the resources to make your dream a reality. Not ruling out the place of advise. Hence I will say go through this Thread from parts 1-3. Start early; if your school resumes in January 2013, then you should commence the process by say January 2012. That will give you enough room to make amendments where necessary. Fianlly DO NOT SUBMIT ANY FAKE DOCUMENT. Those people aren't stupid and trust me it can still work against you 10YEARS down the line.
Also be reminded that no two applications are the same. So what works for me may cause your downfall and vice-versa. There are only few straight rules to getting ur TRV and those would be 1. Admission 2. Funds availability 3. TIE, the others can be anything and its absolutely up to you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:06pm On Sep 02, 2012
FG protests poor treatment of Nigerians at Canadian Embassy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:10pm On Sep 02, 2012
kennyGGG: My advise to all those who are yet to submit would be: Make sure you DO IT YOURSELF. There is nothing an agency can do for you that you cant do yourself. The other thing is you are the one seeking the admission and doing the funding. You are in the best position to put together all the resources to make your dream a reality. Not ruling out the place of advise. Hence I will say go through this Thread from parts 1-3. Start early; if your school resumes in January 2013, then you should commence the process by say January 2012. That will give you enough room to make amendments where necessary. Fianlly DO NOT SUBMIT ANY FAKE DOCUMENT. Those people aren't stupid and trust me it can still work against you 10YEARS down the line.

WELL SAID................WHATZ UP WITH UR APPLICATION?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:12pm On Sep 02, 2012
lekibraky: i need ur help house cos i am 30 years old and i want to choose a college for postgraduate i dont know if i stand the chance of getting a visa i am working and t they are ready to give me a study leave at work please meanwhile i already have a second class upper degree but i just want to take a course to boost my work house can i go on with it thanx as u respond

You are good to go....start by searching for a suitable University/College that offers the course you intend to pursue
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kennyGGG(f): 6:13pm On Sep 02, 2012
earthgreeners:

WELL SAID................WHATZ UP WITH UR APPLICATION?
Thanks, Almost there. Is anyone coming to Canada with me?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 6:25pm On Sep 02, 2012
The link below made an interesting read....you guys shld check it out

https://www.nairaland.com/598911/studing-canada-what-need-know
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:38pm On Sep 02, 2012
kennyGGG: Thanks, Almost there. Is anyone coming to Canada with me?
I guess u ve gotten TRV
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kennyGGG(f): 7:32pm On Sep 02, 2012
earthgreeners:
I guess u ve gotten TRV
No have not @earthgreeners. But now its certain. Am sure you know what I mean. By the way those intending to submit on Monday or pick either medical instruction or documents should do that on Tuesday. Monday is a public holiday in Canada and by extension Canadan-VAC
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ifegy: 7:47pm On Sep 02, 2012
lillaowow:

bros, thank God for safest journey, we dey yur back..we dey come....
Enjoy canada..be a good citizen of 9ja. God'll order your steps
btw, re yu sayin we shldn't change USD dollars and come with it like that?

I think Fhemmmy was trying to point out two things:
1) avoid changing money in airports (not just Canadian airports) because most of the time you will not get a good rate (just like buying food in airports; you pay way higher than outside the airport)
2) in a lot of places in Canada, you can pay for items with the US dollar. The merchant will tell you what their rate is and deal with you accordingly. There is constant cross border traffic with the US so it is very usual for Americans to show up here wanting to buy stuff with their currency.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dotcomnamename: 8:36pm On Sep 02, 2012
I need a Canadian University or College with low Tuition for Graduate Course like ''Risk Management , Insurance, Bus Admin, and MBA''
Preferably University or college that accepts No Tuition Deposit from International student except the Registration Fee.
I would not mind Winipeg 'Minetoba'
Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dotcomnamename: 8:47pm On Sep 02, 2012
Fhemmmy:

That will be to your advantage. . . Good luck

Fhemmmy, pls I need a Canadian University or College with low Tuition for Graduate Course like ''Risk Management , Insurance, Bus Admin, and MBA''
Preferably University or college that accepts No Tuition Deposit from International student except the Registration Fee.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by amby147: 9:18pm On Sep 02, 2012
Anyone heading to University of Prince Edward Island for January 2013? Contact me let's connect.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:08pm On Sep 02, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me: I need a Canadian University or College with low Tuition for Graduate Course like ''Risk Management , Insurance, Bus Admin, and MBA''
Thanks.
itz Manitoba and not minetoba....University of Manitoba, University of Winnipeg........
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:08pm On Sep 02, 2012
kennyGGG: No have not @earthgreeners. But now its certain. Am sure you know what I mean. By the way those intending to submit on Monday or pick either medical instruction or documents should do that on Tuesday. Monday is a public holiday in Canada and by extension Canadan-VAC

all d best, which uni are u heading to
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dotcomnamename: 10:27pm On Sep 02, 2012
earthgreeners:

all d best, which uni are u heading to

Yes thanks, pls i need a Canadian University or College with low Tuition for Graduate Course like ''Risk Management , Insurance, Bus Admin, and MBA''
Currently working in Insurrance company and has worked for 7 years as an insurance broker. Any idea pls?
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by femary7(m): 10:35pm On Sep 02, 2012
goodness1109:
For those who do not understand my background, i was frustrated that is i did what i did. I was out of banking job in December 2009 when Sanusi struck. Since then, life has never been the same for me and my family anymore.All my attempts to re-climb to the top again have been abortive as i don't have any powerful connection except God[i][/i]. I have prayed and prayed, nothing yet! I pertook in some major recruitments(like the NNPC's to a stage of interview, all to nothing), I even applied to a skul abroad and was given admission with some funding award but applied to the embassy with fake a/c statement and was denied visa as i had no person to stand for me as a sponsor. life has just turned black to me. I have the following credentials:
B.Sc(2:1)
M.Sc(Finance)
5yrs of banking exp
Married wt Kids
God is the most powerful connection.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:56pm On Sep 02, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me: Yes thanks, pls i need a Canadian University or College with low Tuition for Graduate Course like ''Risk Management , Insurance, Bus Admin, and MBA''
Currently working in Insurrance company and has worked for 7 years as an insurance broker. Any idea pls?
I would not mind Winipeg 'Minetoba'.Thanks

search the web..u wld get lotta info on canadian universities....ranging from University of Toronto to University of British Columbia to university of Manitoba and Brandon University...do d research
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 11:03pm On Sep 02, 2012
earthgreeners:

search the web..u wld get lotta info on canadian universities....ranging from University of Toronto to University of British Columbia to university of Manitoba and Brandon University...do d research

Very True, my challenges with such question is what is cheap to me might not be cheap to the other . . . so i try to stay away such question.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 02, 2012
bros u are welcome to ca, me don change my naira to cad before I comot naija and I carry like 650 usd join should in case I wan buy things for Amsterdam where I had a stop over but fortunately i didn't spend a dime there, all in all sha I changed 100usd to 95cad for the hotel where I lodge........ Congrats to those who got their trv, and it is well to all hopefuls insha-Allah
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:56pm On Sep 02, 2012
shavel: bros u are welcome to ca, me don change my naira to cad before I comot naija and I carry like 650 usd join should in case I wan buy things for Amsterdam where I had a stop over but fortunately i didn't spend a dime there, all in all sha I changed 100usd to 95cad for the hotel where I lodge........ Congrats to those who got their trv, and it is well to all hopefuls insha-Allah

shavel....i see u ooo...whatz up in Winnipeg, Manitoba.....abeg send me ur skype...... earthgreeners@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:26am On Sep 03, 2012
FG protests poor treatment of Nigerians at Canadian Embassy

The Federal Government yesterday protested alleged poor treatment of Nigerians applying for visa at Canada’s High Commission in Nigeria.

Foreign Affairs Minister, Ambassador Olugbenga Ashiru, summoned the Canadian High Commissioner, Chris Cooter, to express displeasure at the treatment.

Ashiru noted that the visa applications processing at the High Commission is now characterised by excessive delays.

He declared that the waiting period of a minimum of 45 working days for Nigerian visa applicants to receive response from the Canadian authorities was unacceptable.

A statement issued by the ministry on the matter reads: “The Honourable Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Olugbenga Ashiru, OFR, yesterday, Thursday August 30th 2012, summoned the Canadian High Commissioner to Nigeria, H.E. Chris Cooter, to his office to register the Federal Government’s protest on how Nigerian visa applicants are being treated at the Canadian High Commission.

“He recalled the very warm relations between the two countries, citing the example of the presence of a major Canadian company, Manitoba Hydro in Nigeria’s power sector. He further recalled that the Bi-National Commission between the two countries has been inked, paving the way for the deepening of our relations, especially in the economic sector.”

“It is against this background that the Honourable Minister expressed to the Canadian High Commissioner his disappointment at the manner the Canadian Mission in Nigeria was maltreating Nigerian visa applicants, characterised by excessive delays in processing visa applications.

“The Honourable Minister declared as unacceptable the waiting period of a minimum of 45 working days for Nigerian visa applicants to receive a response from the Canadian authorities.

“The Honourable Minister of Foreign Affairs concluded by suggesting to Ambassador Chris Cooter that rather than his Mission holding on to Nigeria visa applicant’s passports, the Mission should make do with photocopies of the data pages and to sight the passports. Thereafter, the passports can be surrendered to the Mission only at the point of issuance of visas. This will allow passport holders the opportunity to use their passports for other travels, pending the approval of their visa Applications by the Canadian Mission.”

Mr. Cooter reportedly pledged to report the concerns expressed by the Minister to the appropriate authorities in Ottawa, Canada.

The Minister at the meeting commended the decision by the US to give Nigeria top priority status in its visa processing administration.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/news/59863-fg-protests-poor-treatment-of-nigerians-at-canadian-embassy.html
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dotcomnamename: 12:48am On Sep 03, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Very True, my challenges with such question is what is cheap to me might not be cheap to the other . . . so i try to stay away such question.

No, my point is ''Any University or College for MBA graduate course that will not require tuition deposit or not more than $500 to $1000 as Tuidion deposit, excluding registration fees, and full tuition will be paid after arrive in Canada.. This is the deal the sponsor want.
Its for my brother, and he's already working in insurance company for 7 years till date. So he's going to canada for Graduate course in either Insurance or Risk management or Bus Admin or MBA. So, the worry is the DEPOSIT. Just need the one for low deposit between $500 to $1000 as Tuidion deposit, excluding registration fees. Thats all.
God bless.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by slamdunk99(m): 1:10am On Sep 03, 2012
amby147:

@slamdunk99, am really happy for oh!! How far who is ur sponsor?
my sponsor is my mum
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by slamdunk99(m): 1:17am On Sep 03, 2012
xtus:

just sent u a mail

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.