Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,834 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:44 AM

DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations (173219 Views)

Poll: when will the actual registration start?

This poll has ended

Dv Lottery 2013/2014 / Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? / 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (108) (Go Down)

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by avicky(f): 6:25pm On Oct 17, 2012
abuov: @Avicky when applying as a married woman, U̶̲̥̅̊ must upload ur husband aπϑ children passport. U̶̲̥̅̊ can also apply for your husband too.cheers
Thanks. I'm grateful.
But is d passport 2 by 2?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by adigunomomama(m): 6:46pm On Oct 17, 2012
Please guys i want to register it now and i gat a picx here, pls can i use it. Pls room

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by temmytanny(m): 6:50pm On Oct 17, 2012
its okay
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by adigunomomama(m): 7:18pm On Oct 17, 2012
temmytanny: its okay

Thankx......
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by abuov: 7:52pm On Oct 17, 2012
avicky:
Thanks. I'm grateful.
yes is 2x2.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 7:55pm On Oct 17, 2012
avicky:
Thanks. I'm grateful.
its 2/2 if u printing it out but when uploading, it has to b 600/600 pixel.
Goodluck.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by adigunomomama(m): 8:12pm On Oct 17, 2012
brightmon:
its 2/2 if u printing it out but when uploading, it has to b 600/600 pixel.
Goodluck.

Pls ♓☺w am i going to knw d pix am uploading is 600x600 in size
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by bigfrancis21: 12:21am On Oct 18, 2012
avicky:

Same issue that i hav.
But i want to ask, when listing d name of ur husband & child, will u attach their fotographs as well?
I need a reply asap. Thanks.
Yes. You'll have to.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by vincent09(m): 4:13am On Oct 18, 2012
abuov: yes is 2x2.
pls how did u get d 2x2?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by wetinconcernyou(m): 5:38am On Oct 18, 2012
What kind of background shall be used for the pictures for the passport photographs
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by surveyProf(m): 5:46am On Oct 18, 2012
wetinconcernyou: What kind of background shall be used for the pictures for the passport photographs
White background, pls read page four of this thread, everything u need to know is der, it is very important you read it, so dat u dont make mistake wen filling!!!

1 Like

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 18, 2012
adigunomomama: Please guys i want to register it now and i gat a picx here, pls can i use it. Pls room
. i dont think so, it has shadow. i think you should just edit it properly using photoshop to be on the save side. goodluck
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 18, 2012
temmytanny: its okay

There is a shadow.Don't photoshop!Pls reshoot!

1 Like

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Easye83(m): 6:38pm On Oct 18, 2012
@temmytanny.
Helo i av bin follown ur post here n h apr8 aw u solve issues,i want 2 ask if dv2013 applicants can stil check to knw if they won?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Tiwanna(f): 8:48pm On Oct 18, 2012
Easye83: @temmytanny.
Helo i av bin follown ur post here n h apr8 aw u solve issues,i want 2 ask if dv2013 applicants can stil check to knw if they won?

sure you can nxt week monday 5pm nigerian time.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Tiwanna(f): 8:51pm On Oct 18, 2012
@ferdiii is that ur pic? i just registered for dv2014 like 5mins ago.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by temmytanny(m): 9:04pm On Oct 18, 2012
Easye83: @temmytanny.
yes,its open till may 2013
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 6:00am On Oct 19, 2012
Tiwanna: @ferdiii is that ur pic? i just registered for dv2014 like 5mins ago.

No the guy that was selected against Dv 2012 but couldn't go ahead because he chose Seychelles and developed cold feet.This time he chose Nigeria. Congrats on your entry.Another May 1 to look up to.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by adeniyie(m): 8:02am On Oct 19, 2012
austengold: . i dont think so, it has shadow. i think you should just edit it properly using photoshop to be on the save side. goodluck

Is it compulsory to shave my bears cos I heard I will b disqualified if I shot a passport with bears
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 19, 2012
adeniyie:

Is it compulsory to shave my bears cos I heard I will b disqualified if I shot a passport with bears

Just make sure u shave properly, i think that would give u a good passport photograph. then you can keep the Osama style therafter. lol grin Goodluck fella.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by temmytanny(m): 1:25pm On Oct 19, 2012
adeniyie:

it is not compulsory but just look good
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by avicky(f): 4:57pm On Oct 19, 2012
@ abuov.. I'm so grateful. Thanks a lot.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by avicky(f): 5:01pm On Oct 19, 2012
bigfrancis21:
Yes. You'll have to.
Ok. Thanks so much.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Joe980: 6:27pm On Oct 19, 2012
@Temmytanny; should a wife apply for dvlottery with her surname(name on her certificate) or surname of her husband?. Thanks...
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by omega7ky: 6:34pm On Oct 19, 2012
[quote author=Joe980]@Temmytanny....Please I want to know!!! If the photo validator confirms that the photo is valid.... any need to worry again...even though the posture of the pictures is not 100 percent as expected? pls reply me.Thank you
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by temmytanny(m): 6:42pm On Oct 19, 2012
[quote author=omega7ky][/quote]yes
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by temmytanny(m): 6:42pm On Oct 19, 2012
Joe980: @Temmytanny; should a wife apply for dvlottery with her surname(name on her certificate) or surname of her husband?. Thnaks...
surname of her husbie
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Joe980: 6:43pm On Oct 19, 2012
Thanks bruv...
temmytanny: surname of her husbie
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Kemzone2003: 6:57pm On Oct 19, 2012
Diversity Immigrant Visa Information System (DVIS)

The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) established a program in 1995 whereby an annual numerical limitation of 55,000 immigrant visas would be awarded each year to nationals of specific “low admission” countries through a process known as the Diversity Visa (DV) Lottery Program. The DVIS system is used by the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) personnel to process more than 6 million applications received each year for the Diversity Lottery.

The DVIS system is used by the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) personnel to process more than 6 million applications received each year for the Diversity Lottery. The DV program allows a pre-determined number of citizens of other countries to apply for immigrant visas to the United States. Entries in the Diversity Lottery are processed on a regional basis; the six world regions are Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, Oceania, and South America. Program applicants do not need to have a relative in the United States. The Diversity Lottery is completely separate from the immigrant visa process. Applications for the Diversity program are submitted from all over the world via the Internet using Electronic Diversity Visa (EDV) system, to KCC.

DVIS helps KCC personnel track the enormous number of entries submitted to the Diversity Lottery. Entries are tracked by rank numbers that are assigned based on the order of selection in the lottery.
When the entry period is over, an algorithm within DVIS is run to randomly select the winning entries. Each winning entry will go through the validation process. Once a case is determined to be complete, a selectee packet is sent to the selectee. The packet contains a letter saying that the user has been selected for further consideration in the Diversity Visa program, along with several forms that the selectee must complete to provide more information.

When the forms are sent back, they, along with any other documents that were sent, are assigned to a case file. A data entry user then enters any new information that the applicant provided. If the selectee provided all the necessary information (such as full name, education, occupation), the case is sent to another user for the second quality check to ensure all new information was entered correctly. Once cases pass the second quality check, they are reported to the Visa Office (CA/VO).

The Visa Office then determines cutoff numbers that are used when the visas are allocated. Any case with a lottery rank number below the cutoff numbers will be allocated visas slots for all eligible members. The cases are then scheduled for interviews at the posts based on the number of cases a post can handle per day.

Once a case has been scheduled for an interview, the appointment packet is sent to the applicant. The appointment packet contains a letter saying that the case has been sent to the relevant post for final processing and detailing the interview date and time that has been scheduled. All forms and case information are then sent to the post via electronic data transfer.

1 Like

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by omega7ky: 6:57pm On Oct 19, 2012
temmytanny: yes
Thank yu for ur quick response........ Yes as in no need to worry again when the photo validator confirms "the ptoto is valid" Or any software will still disqualify you after registration if u didnt meet the reqiurements Just to know before i proceed.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by mannet(m): 3:23am On Oct 20, 2012
omega7ky: Thank yu for ur quick response........ Yes as in no need to worry again when the photo validator confirms "the ptoto is valid" Or any software will still disqualify you after registration if u didnt meet the reqiurements Just to know before i proceed.

DVIS helps KCC personnel track the enormous number of entries submitted to the Diversity Lottery. Entries are tracked by rank numbers that are assigned based on the order of selection in the lottery.
When the entry period is over, an algorithm within DVIS is run to randomly select the winning entries. Each winning entry will go through the validation process.[b][/b]Once a case is determined to be complete, a selectee packet is sent to the selectee. The packet contains a letter saying that the user has been selected for further consideration in the Diversity Visa program, along with several forms that the selectee must complete to provide more information.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Tiwanna(f): 10:33am On Oct 20, 2012
ferdiii:

No the guy that was selected against Dv 2012 but couldn't go ahead because he chose Seychelles and developed cold feet.This time he chose Nigeria. Congrats on your entry.Another May 1 to look up to.

ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (108)

List Of Poorest And Richest Country In The World 2013!!! / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.