Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,234 members, 7,887,649 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:54 AM

DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations - Travel (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations (173279 Views)

Poll: when will the actual registration start?

This poll has ended

Dv Lottery 2013/2014 / Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? / 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (108) (Go Down)

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by drumma(m): 10:20pm On Oct 23, 2012
ediofeboyz:

I was selected for further processing, am from Uganda, i checked today 23rd Oct

are you sure about your information, cos i just checked again and here's what i still got.

Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the Electronic Diversity Visa program at this time. More entries will be selected in early October 2012, so please keep your confirmation information until at least that time.

has any one from Nigeria been selected?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Bidos(m): 7:16am On Oct 24, 2012
Am applying as MARRIED with kids.........do I still have to include my child's passport photograph
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 24, 2012
Bidos: Am applying as MARRIED with kids.........do I still have to include my child's passport photograph

yep but if the child is 1week old..I don't know how you can.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Leripa(m): 12:24pm On Oct 24, 2012
Bidos: Am applying as MARRIED with kids.........do I still have to include my child's passport photograph

Spread a white cloth on the floor, lay the baby on its back and take the passport.
The ideal thing, I think, is to get a clear picture of the face.
Don't forget to also use tissue paper to support the baby's ears at the back.
Goodluck to you.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by mikerob116(m): 1:43pm On Oct 24, 2012
Hi, please i sent you a mail
dahonestboss: if you need any info about doing yourself, I can help you out.

for those of una wey no get computer, with less than 3 hundred naira, you fit do am yourself for cyber cafe and keep your confirmation page afterwards because if you lost am or your agent keep am for you, when you win, dont be surprised agent go tell you to bring one million naira before he give am to you, because without am (the confirmation page), no way forward for you.

they know all these things thats why some agent go wan apply for you free in case if you win, them go hang you. My friend wey travel 2 years ago paid 150k for the agent to release him confirmation page for am. (the agent go check for you and contact you if you win) after much debating from 1Mil to 150k.

be wise and goodluck

1 Like

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 25, 2012
pls house,when the passport is printed in 2 by 2,has it automatically equivalent to 600 by 600 pixl cos the photographer told me its desame thing
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by temmytanny(m): 10:29am On Oct 25, 2012
Demaejy: pls house,when the passport is printed in 2 by 2,has it automatically equivalent to 600 by 600 pixl cos the photographer told me its desame thing
nop,you may need to scan it b4 u conclude
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 25, 2012
temmytanny: nop,you may need to scan it b4 u conclude
Thank you,as the photo now on his system 'yet to print'Is it adviceable to copy it into flash without scanning and upload it directly?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by temmytanny(m): 11:51am On Oct 25, 2012
Demaejy:
Thank you,as the photo now on his system 'yet to print'Is it adviceable to copy it into flash without scanning and upload it directly.
you can send it to me for sizing if you cant do it tayo25cent@yahoo.com
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Tiwanna(f): 11:56am On Oct 25, 2012
Demaejy:
Thank you,as the photo now on his system 'yet to print'Is it adviceable to copy it into flash without scanning and upload it directly?

if its in 600*600 pixels, yes u can put it in a flash and upload it directly. i did the same
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 25, 2012
temmytanny: you can send it to me for sizing if you cant do it tayo25cent@yahoo.com
Thank you very much,if it happens i'm unable to resize it i would send it to ur inbox. Anyway,i have upto 10photos here with me.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 25, 2012
Tiwanna:

if its in 600*600 pixels, yes u can put it in a flash and upload it directly. i did the same
Thank you Tiwanna
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Adegokenath(m): 10:12pm On Oct 25, 2012
@ forumite do u known or hear about any oct 22 winner from nigeria?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by temmytanny(m): 11:35pm On Oct 25, 2012
Adegokenath: @ forumite do u known or hear about any oct 22 winner from nigeria?
I havent oo
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by ediofeboyz: 11:11am On Oct 26, 2012
drumma:

are you sure about your information, cos i just checked again and here's what i still got.

Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the Electronic Diversity Visa program at this time. More entries will be selected in early October 2012, so please keep your confirmation information until at least that time.

I am absolutely sure, because it even gave me a letter with details that i have been selected for further processing, it has a link that gives details on how to proceed and the 2 forms required.
i am already filling the forms that i will mail to KCC.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 26, 2012
drumma:

It is not everybody that'll be selected in any draw.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by obamaobama: 1:34pm On Oct 26, 2012
ediofeboyz:

I was selected for further processing, am from Uganda, i checked today 23rd Oct
@ ediofeboyz congrat. Pls what type of browser did u use to check ur status at ESC website,just want to known whether we can use our phone operamini.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by ImpactWorld(m): 3:47pm On Oct 26, 2012
@ all, pls when ur passport is accepted thru the photo validation tool on the official website, does that guarantee ur photo meets all requirements?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by mcqt21: 3:56pm On Oct 26, 2012
Pls wen de sed d pasport shld nt b more dan 6months old..wat if I hv my passport of last year on my system?is it ok?$....thks
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Coolcube: 4:02pm On Oct 26, 2012
Pls, I need information. Can I apply twice? I don't think I got the passport photograph I used at first right but the system accepted it.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Tiwanna(f): 4:03pm On Oct 26, 2012
ImpactWorld: @ all, pls when ur passport is accepted thru the photo validation tool on the official website, does that guarantee ur photo meets all requirements?

no. the photo validator cant tell u if u have a shadow on ur face or if the contrast is too high. it only accepts the 600*600 size photo and nt less
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Tiwanna(f): 4:05pm On Oct 26, 2012
Coolcube: Pls, I need information. Can I apply twice? I don't think I got the passport photograph I used at first right but the system accepted it.

no u cant, u will be disqualified. and if u win at the embassy u will be disqualifies too.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Tiwanna(f): 4:10pm On Oct 26, 2012
mcqt21: Pls wen de sed d pasport shld nt b more dan 6months old..wat if I hv my passport of last year on my system?is it ok?$....thks

agents use passport that are 2 years old(er) which haven't been used b4 in dv application and it gets accepted and people actually win. but judging from the site photo instructions which stated that passport used for the registration shouldn't be older than six months. is ur choice. but 4 me i vote u take a new one.

1 Like

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by ImpactWorld(m): 7:12pm On Oct 26, 2012
@ Tiwanna, thanks
So how can one be super sure that a photo meets all requirements?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Tiwanna(f): 7:17pm On Oct 26, 2012
ImpactWorld: @ Tiwanna, thanks
So how can one be super sure that a photo meets all requirements?

just follow the specification on this website http://travel.state.gov/visa/visaphotoreq/digitalimagereq/digitalimagereq_5327.html and http://travel.state.gov/visa/visaphotoreq/photoexamples/photoexamples_5331.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (108)

List Of Poorest And Richest Country In The World 2013!!! / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.