Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,671 members, 7,951,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 02:07 AM

DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations (174026 Views)

Poll: when will the actual registration start?

This poll has ended

Dv Lottery 2013/2014 / Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? / 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (108) (Go Down)

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by justwise(m): 3:20pm On Mar 23, 2013
Miss_Goldie007: why do you think everybody dats quoting the scripture is doing so cuz of visa lottery? Or u kw dem b4 #wondering... Wat u shud do is tell those dat re causing the arguement to let whoevers is quoting the scriptures be.. No two ppl can think same way... They re ppl dat re in the US already dat re still playing and they re doing same tin... I once read from one forum from a girl I think frm Kenya.. She said she prayed and fasted and all so its not just Nigerians, if I were not a Nigerian I would have done same tin as its wat I believe

That is what has being going on here, or do you mind telling us what else is going on here?

1 Like

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by biolabee(m): 3:39pm On Mar 23, 2013
People tend to suport their faith with anything

I know people that prayed and got it
I know people that didnt do jack and still got it
What works for you but the truth is that a lot of people reading the 'scripture' posts are encouraged

I find it weird myself but i can relate to the posts and those its ministering to

Guys Lets tone down the quotes... the idea is still passed across anyway
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by MissGoldie007(f): 3:44pm On Mar 23, 2013
justwise:

That is what has being going on here, or do you mind telling us what else is going on here?
Sure, now what u mean by "cuz of visa lottery" is that they re doing it "solely" because of visa lottery and that is to say they ve not been doing it b4 or rater they are "bread and butter christains" ppl dat automatically turned to christains just because they wants visa and den wen they win they forget about all the scriptures they quoted, or if they dont get it? they get angry and regretted ever quoting scriptures...so wat im asking now is that how do you kw this is the kind of ppl they r? how do you kw they ve not been quoting scriptures on other requests they placed down b4 God thats wat i meant in that ur bolded question...

2 Likes

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by justwise(m): 3:57pm On Mar 23, 2013
Miss_Goldie007: Sure, now what u mean by "cuz of visa lottery" is that they re doing it "solely" because of visa lottery and that is to say they ve not been doing it b4 or rater they are "bread and butter christains" ppl dat automatically turned to christains just because they wants visa and den wen they win they forget about all the scriptures they quoted, or if they dont get it? they get angry and regretted ever quoting scriptures...so wat im asking now is that how do you kw this is the kind of ppl they r? how do you kw they ve not been quoting scriptures on other requests they placed down b4 God thats wat i meant in that ur bolded question...

How do i know what you do before you starting posting here? My comments are based on what has being going on here, whether you quote the bible before now or not is not the point, i'm talking about how people have suddenly turned this thread into bible study class because of visa lottery.

1 Like

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by MissGoldie007(f): 4:05pm On Mar 23, 2013
well lemme share this, about 2009 wen i came into the UK for my undergrad... i got an admission to study computing but i have had a passion to study Nursing... so after everything i eventually got my visa and came, havent paid fees den cuz they didnt ask to pay b4 u get here so i tot of paying wen i get here, but when i got here somthing happened bak home and my brother was not able to send the money, you kw the devil tries to steal our joy but if we dont allow him,he cant...so i was here and thinking of wat to do and i just decided to put everything in the hands of God, den this job opportunity came and i started working and even full time, now there is this National Insurance Number dats shows the amount of time u work and as a student ur only allowed to work 20hrs per week... so i also applied to another school and for the course i needed and i was given admission and wen i sent my docs to the new school, they asked which school i got the visa with because each school has a code and its printed on the visa page so i told them and they asked me to write UKBA (U K BORDER Agency) to tell them about my change of sponsor, dats the school dat i got visa with and wen i told some ppl about it, i got many scaring wprds, likes they said its like showing urself to dem to come get u because the rule says if ur here wit a student visa and ur not schooling, you should go back to ur country till ur ready so writing dem and telling dem dat i have been here and didnt attend the sch i came wit and now i wanna change sch is a difficult tin to do but i had no choice dan to write it and committed everything in the hands of God, i prayed and prayed and did all... and eventually wen the letter came, you wont believe they didnt even ask me why i did not attend the first sch, they didnt ask why im changing sch and nothing at all was asked.... all that was in the letter was that they have changed my sponsor and i can now continue wit the new sch... then two years later i mispalced my passport and because its the new Epassoprt i couldnt get a replacement at the UK Embassy in London, i was told i have to travel to Abuja to get it done and also all many of scary advices came dat i mite not get the visa to return but i trusted God for that and wen i went to submitted the application, i was told by one of the VO dat i will have to apply again as a fresh application while i went there for a visa replacement and my course was still on, so i came out of the office and called my bro and he asked me to go bak again, and dis time the person i met at first was not there and the other person collected it witout any question and weeks later i got my visa so God still works miracles. all he wants is for us to believe... now these didnt happen because i was too religious or i was the best person but by God's favour as its only the favour of God dat adds flavour to a man's labour...#mytestimony

4 Likes

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by MissGoldie007(f): 4:07pm On Mar 23, 2013
justwise:

How do i know what you do before you starting posting here? My comments are based on what has being going here, whether you quote the bible before now or not is not the point, i'm talking about how people have suddenly turned this thread into bible study class because of visa lottery.
ohh sorry maybe i got you wrong... i apologise...but do you think its wrong for one to include a scripture or say a wrd of faith in his/her post?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 23, 2013
I still can't believe what is going on here, ¥ε̲̣̣̣̥ah its turning τ̅☺ a bible fellowship thread where scriptures ‎​A̶̲̥̅re quoted 'ad libitum'. So ‎​Ђow should these affect 'some' people? If i decide to travel from genesis τ̅☺ revelations, take coffee @exodus, highlight @psalms Aπϑ book a hotel in acts of the apostles, take breakfast in timothy, before getting τ̅☺ mγ̲̣̣̥ revelation, PLEASE, how is it anyone's business τ̅☺ crucify? Yeah its turning τ̅☺ a sunday school where i recite mγ̲̣̣̥ memory verse, nothing concern una! Summary is †̥hα̲̅†̥, its a personal journey...... Dont attack peoples post Fø̲̣̣я̅ what thε̲̣̣̣̥y believe in. Its per head, write yours Aπϑ lemme write mine. As far as am concerned, mγ̲̣̣̥ God is full of mercy Aπϑ compassion..... He shows mercy τ̅☺ who He wants τ̅☺ show mercy! Am not forming holiness ​Ђere O°˚° . Its just mγ̲̣̣̥ style Aπϑ some other guys as well. But henceforth, criticism of people who post bible quotes on this thread will not bΕ̲̣̣̣̥ tolerated by 'ME'. Yes me, cos that's what i bliv in.....feel free τ̅☺ believe in whateva U̶̲̥̅̊ bliv in but dont condemn bible quotes because U̶̲̥̅̊ dont wanna see them. I think its even selfish enough. Let us the 'bible squad' have some peace Abeg. U ® not forced τ̅☺ comment, u can log out of ur 'opera mini' if it makes U̶̲̥̅̊ angry. Haba!

2 Likes

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by justwise(m): 4:59pm On Mar 23, 2013
Miss_Goldie007: well lemme share this, about 2009 wen i came into the UK for my undergrad... i got an admission to study computing but i have had a passion to study Nursing... so after everything i eventually got my visa and came, havent paid fees den cuz they didnt ask to pay b4 u get here so i tot of paying wen i get here, but when i got here somthing happened bak home and my brother was not able to send the money, you kw the devil tries to steal our joy but if we dont allow him,he cant...so i was here and thinking of wat to do and i just decided to put everything in the hands of God, den this job opportunity came and i started working and even full time, now there is this National Insurance Number dats shows the amount of time u work and as a student ur only allowed to work 20hrs per week... so i also applied to another school and for the course i needed and i was given admission and wen i sent my docs to the new school, they asked which school i got the visa with because each school has a code and its printed on the visa page so i told them and they asked me to write UKBA (U K BORDER Agency) to tell them about my change of sponsor, dats the school dat i got visa with and wen i told some ppl about it, i got many scaring wprds, likes they said its like showing urself to dem to come get u because the rule says if ur here wit a student visa and ur not schooling, you should go back to ur country till ur ready so writing dem and telling dem dat i have been here and didnt attend the sch i came wit and now i wanna change sch is a difficult tin to do but i had no choice dan to write it and committed everything in the hands of God, i prayed and prayed and did all... and eventually wen the letter came, you wont believe they didnt even ask me why i did not attend the first sch, they didnt ask why im changing sch and nothing at all was asked.... all that was in the letter was that they have changed my sponsor and i can now continue wit the new sch... then two years later i mispalced my passport and because its the new Epassoprt i couldnt get a replacement at the UK Embassy in London, i was told i have to travel to Abuja to get it done and also all many of scary advices came dat i mite not get the visa to return but i trusted God for that and wen i went to submitted the application, i was told by one of the VO dat i will have to apply again as a fresh application while i went there for a visa replacement and my course was still on, so i came out of the office and called my bro and he asked me to go bak again, and dis time the person i met at first was not there and the other person collected it witout any question and weeks later i got my visa so God still works miracles. all he wants is for us to believe... now these didnt happen because i was too religious or i was the best person but by God's favour as its only the favour of God dat adds flavour to a man's labour...#mytestimony

There is nothing new here...you can change your sponsor as long as you get permission from UKBA, that is the rule.

Loosing your passport and getting another then go for visa replacement is the normal thing, people who advised you against it did that because they don't know how its done.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by justwise(m): 5:03pm On Mar 23, 2013
austengold: I still can't believe what is going on here, ¥ε̲̣̣̣̥ah its turning τ̅☺ a bible fellowship thread where scriptures ‎​A̶̲̥̅re quoted 'ad libitum'. So ‎​Ђow should these affect 'some' people? If i decide to travel from genesis τ̅☺ revelations, take coffee @exodus, highlight @psalms Aπϑ book a hotel in acts of the apostles, take breakfast in timothy, before getting τ̅☺ mγ̲̣̣̥ revelation, PLEASE, how is it anyone's business τ̅☺ crucify? Yeah its turning τ̅☺ a sunday school where i recite mγ̲̣̣̥ memory verse, nothing concern una! Summary is †̥hα̲̅†̥, its a personal journey...... Dont attack peoples post Fø̲̣̣я̅ what thε̲̣̣̣̥y believe in. Its per head, write yours Aπϑ lemme write mine. As far as am concerned, mγ̲̣̣̥ God is full of mercy Aπϑ compassion..... He shows mercy τ̅☺ who He wants τ̅☺ show mercy! Am not forming holiness ​Ђere O°˚° . Its just mγ̲̣̣̥ style Aπϑ some other guys as well. But henceforth, criticism of people who post bible quotes on this thread will not bΕ̲̣̣̣̥ tolerated by 'ME'. Yes me, cos that's what i bliv in.....feel free τ̅☺ believe in whateva U̶̲̥̅̊ bliv in but dont condemn bible quotes because U̶̲̥̅̊ dont wanna see them. I think its even selfish enough. Let us the 'bible squad' have some peace Abeg. U ® not forced τ̅☺ comment, u can log out of ur 'opera mini' if it makes U̶̲̥̅̊ angry. Haba!

This is travel section and not Religion section, if you want to make it a prayer point then head to appropriate section for that. The bible you read did not mention anything about orderliness?

If you insist and keep doing it then i will help you behave.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 23, 2013
justwise, u want to help me behave? Hear yourself 'super mod' Please bring a cain when coming next, i need to be spanked. Funny dudegrin

1 Like

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by worry359(m): 6:05pm On Mar 23, 2013
austengold
Your GOD BOTHERING should be kept for your church not this forum.
Also your childish use of Blackberry characters makes your posts un-readable to adult persons.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by MissGoldie007(f): 6:31pm On Mar 23, 2013
justwise:

There is nothing new here...you can change your sponsor as long as you get permission from UKBA, that is the rule.

Loosing your passport and getting another then go for visa replacement is the normal thing, people who advised you against it did that because they don't know how its done.

I'm sure u read the back of the story cuz if u read it well u would have seen where I talked about not going to the school wen I came in and also worked full time.. Is dat also part of the rule? Pls enlighten me more MR... And also concerning getting the visa done again, u will also see where I was initially told to reapply as a frest application and having to build accout and all but afta I re-entered the hall, the other person that collected didn't say anything. But just collected the application and dats it.. I only posted it cuz I see it as a testimony if u think otherwise den dats for u.. Read and Understand b4 u comment..
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 23, 2013
worry 359: austengold
Your GOD BOTHERING should be kept for your church not this forum.
Also your childish use of Blackberry characters makes your posts un-readable to adult persons.
. Eeyah...Sorry mate, as for BOTHERING GOD, i can't Aπϑ i won't stop it »̶̥Ơ̴̴̴͡K . Then for the  characters, please get ur goggles, the type worn by welders. Am an adult as well. B4 i forget, you are also very funny, Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kz for making my daygrin
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by MissGoldie007(f): 6:53pm On Mar 23, 2013
Now there re some tins I will like to know in this forum, I mean some questions that have been bothering me.. 1. Is it that its a crime for a person to speak what he or she believes?
2. Even if a person quotes the whole scriptures in the bible, speak of the quran or makes incantations in his or her post, does anybody have the right to shut him down and ask him not to do such?
3. Is it that there is no freedom of speech here
If a person's post get u angry why not just ignore it dan make unnecessary comment concerning the post or critize the person? Pls someone make me understand cuz I'm yet to understand how things work in this forum.. @austengold pls send me ur pin..

2 Likes

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by justwise(m): 6:55pm On Mar 23, 2013
Miss_Goldie007: I'm sure u read the back of the story cuz if u read it well u would have seen where I talked about not going to the school wen I came in and also worked full time.. Is dat also part of the rule? Pls enlighten me more MR... And also concerning getting the visa done again, u will also see where I was initially told to reapply as a frest application and having to build accout and all but afta I re-entered the hall, the other person that collected didn't say anything. But just collected the application and dats it.. I only posted it cuz I see it as a testimony if u think otherwise den dats for u.. Read and Understand b4 u comment..

And you told UKBA that you work full-time and they overlook it? Obviously the second person that collected your passport knew very well that you don't need to replay as its the case of lost passport.

If you want to know what miracle is stop going to school and allow your visa to expire then apply for extension, then you will know the difference.

You are allowed to change sponsor as long as you still hold valid visa with permission from UKBA.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by MissGoldie007(f): 7:03pm On Mar 23, 2013
justwise:

And you told UKBA that you work full-time and they overlook it? Obviously the second person that collected your passport knew very well that you don't need to replay as its the case of lost passport.

If you want to know what miracle is stop going to school and allow your visa to expire then apply for extension, then you will know the difference.

You are allowed to change sponsor as long as you still hold valid visa with permission from UKBA.
now ur still not getting it, I included my National Insurance Number dat they would have seen I worked full time but they didn't bother to check that, I will sat its God at work.. Den the first person dat asked for applying as a fresh application even if she later finds out I won't need to apply dat way, would have cause me delays while school is still on.. Dats also God.. Don't worry don let all of it bother you, those dat believe in favour and miracles will understand ok.. No arguements plsss
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by justwise(m): 7:04pm On Mar 23, 2013
Miss_Goldie007: Now there re some tins I will like to know in this forum, I mean some questions that have been bothering me.. 1. Is it that its a crime for a person to speak what he or she believes?
2. Even if a person quotes the whole scriptures in the bible, speak of the quran or makes incantations in his or her post, does anybody have the right to shut him down and ask him not to do such?
3. Is it that there is no freedom of speech here
If a person's post get u angry why not just ignore it dan make unnecessary comment concerning the post or critize the person? Pls someone make me understand cuz I'm yet to understand how things work in this forum.. @austengold pls send me ur pin..

There is a reason why different sections are created in nairaland, there is reason why threads are titled so that people posting will focus on the topic.

Freedom of speech comes with responsibility, go to religious section and start a thread about praying for visa lottery success.

There is nothing wrong with people quoting the bible but don't turn the thread into bible study.

I'm a Christian but not everybody here are, this is why there are Christian and Muslim sections for religious activities.

1 Like

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by biolabee(m): 7:30pm On Mar 23, 2013
A little exhortation totell the people to keep the faith is ok but it seemed like i was in E-shiloh for a while
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by MissGoldie007(f): 7:51pm On Mar 23, 2013
justwise:

There is a reason why different sections are created in nairaland, there is reason why threads are titled so that people posting will focus on the topic.

Freedom of speech comes with responsibility, go to religious section and start a thread about praying for visa lottery success.

There is nothing wrong with people quoting the bible but don't turn the thread into bible study.

I'm a Christian but not everybody here are, this is why there are Christian and Muslim sections for religious activities.
That they said God i look up to you to get the visa, isnt dat related to the title of the thread? is there anythig wrong in dat also there is nothing wrong in quoting bible, so why would you see it as they re turning it to a bible study class simply because they qioted a scripture in every of their post? its the people dat re taking it as their business dat re causing confusions... thirdly here re christains so now if a muslim person speaks about his quran do u think the christains will challenge them for doing dat? lets be fair plsss.. in the dv2013 session i see ppl dropping word of faith and also dropping scriptures for whoever that cares to read and nobody challenged dem for that so? now tell me, i kw its because its free thats why pl are seeing it as its not their business whether they get it or not, now if uv paid a particular amount for this or like if u were to be applying for a study visa to any of these countries, no matter how much u have dont you think you will still pray for God's favour? plss as the moderator be the one to stop all this arguements, let nobody see anybody's post as shite plsss

1 Like

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by justwise(m): 8:05pm On Mar 23, 2013
Miss_Goldie007: That they said God i look up to you to get the visa, isnt dat related to the title of the thread? is there anythig wrong in dat also there is nothing wrong in quoting bible, so why would you see it as they re turning it to a bible study class simply because they qioted a scripture in every of their post? its the people dat re taking it as their business dat re causing confusions... thirdly here re christains so now if a muslim person speaks about his quran do u think the christains will challenge them for doing dat? lets be fair plsss.. in the dv2013 session i see ppl dropping word of faith and also dropping scriptures for whoever that cares to read and nobody challenged dem for that so? now tell me, i kw its because its free thats why pl are seeing it as its not their business whether they get it or not, now if uv paid a particular amount for this or like if u were to be applying for a study visa to any of these countries, no matter how much u have dont you think you will still pray for God's favour? plss as the moderator be the one to stop all this arguements, let nobody see anybody's post as shite plsss

How about praying in your private corner to your God and leave this purely for what it meant for? You are praying to God and not to anybody here..so i don't see why you want to insist on turning this thread to bible evangelism

1 Like

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by MissGoldie007(f): 8:12pm On Mar 23, 2013
justwise:

How about praying in your private corner to your God and leave this purely for what it meant for? You are praying to God and not to anybody here..so i don't see why you want to insist on turning this thread to bible evangelism
come on its a normal tin, all u see there even is not praying but speaking a word of faith... ppl do it everywhere
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by justwise(m): 8:32pm On Mar 23, 2013
Miss_Goldie007: come on its a normal tin, all u see there even is not praying but speaking a word of faith... ppl do it everywhere

Yes people do it and people don't over do it

You don't need to derail this thread with your word of faith, do it in your private corner with your God.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by MissGoldie007(f): 8:37pm On Mar 23, 2013
justwise:

Yes people do it and people don't over do it

You don't need to derail this thread with your word of faith, do it in your private corner with your God.
Ohh i see... kikikiki i laff in spanish.. you ve left scriptures and now its about word of faith.... i wont argue woth you anymore.. .. have u read the post of one bros Seye4God in the 2013 session? nobody has challenged him even those dat dont believe in his post..i have seen wat i was looking for in all these so pls lets end the arguments here... thanks and we re still one no matter wat

2 Likes

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by pheny: 9:10pm On Mar 23, 2013
@miss goldie u can't change a man,just don't compel them to buy your view those who r polemical about testimony.all I know miracle is a deliberate act of God to those who are desperate for it vial there faith.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by obamaobama: 9:12pm On Mar 23, 2013
justwise:

so that mean if she did not pray she can get her visa and change her spönsor just like that?

1 Like

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by justwise(m): 9:15pm On Mar 23, 2013
obamaobama: so that mean if she did not pray she get her visa and change her spönsor just like that?

Yes.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by obamaobama: 9:26pm On Mar 23, 2013
pheny: @miss goldie u can't change a man,just don't compel them to buy your view those who r polemical about testimony.all I know miracle is a deliberate act of God to those who are desperate for it vial there faith.
don't forget that pegan,idol worshipers,muslems,christians etc can win visa lottery.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by MissGoldie007(f): 9:27pm On Mar 23, 2013
justwise:

Yes.
you got the whole the wrong, the main point of the testimony is dat they didnt see it dat i worked full time and didnt attend sch... and also God's favour for speed in getting the visa.... By strength shall no man prevail.. so dont trust in ur knowledge alone cuz it will fail u over and over again..
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by pheny: 9:30pm On Mar 23, 2013
Seriously if you are in this thread..then I believe you have faith,just that faith are in degree just like we have someone preparing for the worst...pls don't go to a fight with a mentality that u will lose out,I AM A WINNER.IJN

2 Likes

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by MissGoldie007(f): 9:30pm On Mar 23, 2013
obamaobama: don't forget that pegan,idol worshipers,muslems,christians etc can win visa lottery.
@pheny isnt talking about the visa but the testimony i shared... yea anybody can get it as we all have different faiths and beliefs...

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (108)

Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech / List Of Poorest And Richest Country In The World 2013!!! / Obtaining A Birth Certificate From The National Population Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.