Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,187 members, 7,910,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 10:41 PM

I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay (3246 Views)

I Love My Girlfriend/boyfriend... But .. (add Yours) / I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love / I Love My Boyfriend, But He Is Too Fat... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by PinkDiamond: 4:29pm On Jun 19, 2012
I have known my boyfriend for four years now. We became friends in March of 2008. Since the beginning he has always wanted to be my boyfriend, he has always said that I am the one that he wants to marry. I never gave him a chance, I only saw him as a friend. Still he never went away. Even when he saw that I was dating other men, he would still beg me to give him a chance. Still I would say no, and when those other men broke my heart. He would be there for me. He would listen to me when I cried. He would fight with those other men for breaking my heart. Finally, during January of 2011, I fell for him. I finally saw him as more than a friend. I realized and appreciated all that he has done for me to protect me, and to be there for me. Since then has become my boyfriend. For a while everything was going smooth, and then slowly things started changing.

He used to take me out to very nice places, he used to give me money when he knows I was on the university campus with very little money. He used to always listen to me, he loved to listen to me when I talked. But now. Things are changing. He has started smoking marijuana almost 2 even 3 times a day. When he has not smoked, he is very hard to deal with. His mood is very angry. He becomes angry with me and can yell at me for anything. He now has stopped paying for things, and expects me to pay for things. Even sometimes he can just be talking to me anyhow, even in front of strangers. He has been failing his classes, but now he seems to be trying to get better grades, but even so, he is not putting forth full effort. He does not value education.

For his birthday I bought him blackberry, for my birthday he gave me a handwritten letter. For Christmas I bought him I-Pod, in return he said he forgot to buy me a present. On valentines day, he bought me nothing because he said that he thought I would not care. I feel I deserve better than this.

Many times I have tried to leave him, but still he finds a way to get me to stay. He usually will change for about a week, then he will go back to maltreating me. My parents have met him and they believe that he is a wonderful boy. God sent even. My parents went to a babalawo, and even the babalawo said that my boyfriend is God sent. That I should cherish him, and not be so proud. The babalawo said that he can sense that I want to pull away from my boyfriend, but that I should just stick with him, because he is the only one that truly loves me and that no other man will love me like he does.

Despite all of his recent bad behavior, one thing that I can say for certain is that he has never cheated on me. He has stayed loyal and faithful to me since the first day he became my boyfriend. This is one thing that I am certain of. I am always the only woman in his focus, he loves nobody else and he has no desire to love anybody else but me. Even when I got into an argument with his sister, he immediately took my side and bannished her. His loyalty to me is something very extreme. Something like I have never before experienced. This is why it is so hard for me to leave him, because I fear that if I leave him that I may end up with a man who cheats on me and has many other women. I don't know if I will ever find such a loyal man. His good friend of 4 years spoke ill of me, and immediately my boyfriend bannished him and told him never to speak to him again. If anyone disrespects me, he will bannish them immediately! I have never seen any boyfriend to do that for me except for him.

Please. Someone advise me on what to do. Because I am not happy, and this is getting too much for me to endure. I am a good girl, I face my studies, and I don't sneak around. I lost my virginity to my boyfriend, and he is the only man that I have been with sexually. I don't think I deserve some of the bad treatment that he is giving me. My parents do not know of my boyfriend's bad behaviors, and I am afraid to tell them, for I fear that they might bannish him. But at the same time, I am not happy, but I feel I am forced to stay with him. Everyday they sit me down and tell me to humble myself to him and that he is the one for me, when they don't even know all of what I am going through. They only know what the babalawo is telling them. Please someone advise me. I am not happy. Why is it that the babalawo is not seeing all of the bad things in him? I am afraid to leave this relationship now, because now I am afraid that he is right, and that there may be nobody else that can love me like my boyfriend. But if he is maltreating me and I am not happy, then what is the point? I am even fearing the day that he asks me to marry him, as I feel that it is fast approaching, and I will be trapped. Please. Somebody help me.
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by joudini(m): 4:35pm On Jun 19, 2012
Like how old are you?
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by PinkDiamond: 4:36pm On Jun 19, 2012
joudini: Like how old are you?
We are both 24
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by joudini(m): 4:39pm On Jun 19, 2012
Did you use a thought-to-text app to write your post?
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by PinkDiamond: 4:41pm On Jun 19, 2012
joudini: Did you use a thought-to-text app to write your post?

What is that?
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by Rocktation(f): 4:41pm On Jun 19, 2012
This gurl.... grin grin. I should not tell you what's on my mind.
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by joudini(m): 4:43pm On Jun 19, 2012
PinkDiamond:

What is that?

You are a diamond that shoudn't have been found. . .no offense
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by Scash(f): 4:50pm On Jun 19, 2012
joudini: Like how old are you?
all dis how old are u questions are stale jor... Find another annoying line

Op, I really understand your plight. Therez nothing more depressing in a relationship than having a guy that maltreats you and is addicted to one of these social vices. The babalawo ish shdnt be a problem, most of dem are frauds. If you take another guy to see him tomoro he could still say hez the best for you.
Have you tried talking to this your boyfriend? Have you tried getting him help? You see, as u said he loves u and is totally devoted to u... But when one starts taking drugs and what have you, their personality changes. He could do a lot of things he wouldn't do when not under the influence of substance. So I feel he needs to drop this habit first... Then you watch out for the way he treats you.
Get him help.
If he doesn't change, please leave him. There are lots of responsible guys waiting to meet you. Don't tie your self to a known disaster because of one soothsayer. You'd be blamed later if things doesn't go well.

And BTW, u guys are pretty much young, the babalawo still has a whole lot of time to change ifas mind.
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by joudini(m): 5:12pm On Jun 19, 2012
@scash, some say experience comes with age. Might not be entirely true but experience encountered is hard to erase.

For goodness, she is 24, if she is not old enough to try getting away from a yet-to-be-married-abusive-weed head, her age should be queried.

And for goodness, she is scared of being married to him! What else could be more horrorful? I know, her thought-to-text translator
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by SAFO(m): 5:29pm On Jun 19, 2012
what is all this banish nonsense.
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by Coefficient(m): 5:55pm On Jun 19, 2012
SAFO: what is all this banish nonsense.

Bros, the thing tire me oh
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 19, 2012
girl one thing I can say is yes he did all that and even more I can do for a girlfriend but that doesn't change the fact that he is not the same guy. he changed ,you didn't. he became mean and aggressive , you still remained calm and collected . you even went an extra mile in finding from a fortune teller if he's your man. I applaud you for that but I think you're naive to stay in this kind of relationship. you've given him chances to change and he cuts loose at the end of the week . I just hope he hasn't hit you or has he?
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by cindyrella(f): 6:56pm On Jun 19, 2012
Why don't u go back to ur babalawo, and explain to him about your bf's behaviours.....

I am sure he will be glad to help u! undecided

*thinking do people still consult babalawos?*
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 19, 2012
its obvious he loves you bt i tink his promblem is that weed of a tin..Try and get him help, maybe ur the holyspirit dat he needs....pls i didnt say u shud die inside o,jst try and give him the bst help u can offer and wen it dosnt work, u can nw walk out afterall u did ur bst.As for babalawo's comment-forgt dat,i hv seen cases where some pastors calm to hv hrd the voice uf God,still dat decision wunt turn out good talkless of babalawo
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by Mynd44: 7:10pm On Jun 19, 2012
Lemme see your boyfriend is a junk head who is addicted to weed and also so broke that he will/might want you to pay to fuel his addiction. And your parents and babalawo are telling you not to dump him
Did I leave anything out? Go back to them and tell them to give you a jazz so you can use to subdue him nah. If they cant, then the should not dictate to you
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by KINGwax(m): 7:17pm On Jun 19, 2012
Thanks for d fake story anyway...fill up these loopholes..
1. Other men broke your heart..before u were 23...in 2011. How many men have u really dated at your age?
2. Now, i presume you're working and can afford an ipod and a blackberry but while in school, your boyfriend assists? Now, wit your boyfriend, who is also 24, tryin to get good grades in school, does dt make him still a student while u are a graduate now, or u, who had little money in school suddenly start plucking money from trees to by ipods?
3. Like seriously, how d fuckin old are u?
Now u guys are gettin me mad, do u jes have to post? That's how a deranged girl was talkin abt an imaginary MUSLIM FIANCE and small time, she puts herself on the better side as d one wit d cash...YOU GIRLS ARE FUCKIN WANNABES! Y'all jes need to stop posting your fantasies!

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by Konnektions146(m): 7:44pm On Jun 19, 2012
weed is de issue, try get dat off him and u are fine, if u try and no success, take a walk
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by 45189723(f): 7:11am On Jun 20, 2012
some have food but can not eat. some can eat but have no food.
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by Mynd44: 7:15am On Jun 20, 2012
fuckherlord: some have food but can not eat. some can eat but have no food.
I have food and I can eat, glory be to you oh Lawd amen
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by 45189723(f): 7:19am On Jun 20, 2012
Mynd_44:
I have food and I can eat, glory be to you oh Lawd amen

i dont have food that is why i am here.money is not my problem frenchgolden@yahoo.com
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by Nobody: 7:20am On Jun 20, 2012
ROTFLMAO @ The topic title grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin

[For his birthday I bought him blackberry, for my birthday he gave me a handwritten letter

ROTFLMAO!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

He does not value education.

Break up with him plz.
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by Mynd44: 7:21am On Jun 20, 2012
fuckherlord:

i dont have food that is why i am here.money is not my problem frenchgolden@yahoo.com
you are beginning to sound desperate. Guys hate and take advantage of that and it is a big turn off to be flaunting your money like that
*just saying*
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by 45189723(f): 7:25am On Jun 20, 2012
Mynd_44:
you are beginning to sound desperate. Guys hate and take advantage of that and it is a big turn off to be flaunting your money like that
*just saying*

flaunting was not my intention. contact me frenchgolden@yahoo.com whhen you get to know me you would be convinced
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by Mynd44: 7:34am On Jun 20, 2012
fuckherlord:

flaunting was not my intention. contact me frenchgolden@yahoo.com whhen you get to know me you would be convinced

You've got mail
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by 45189723(f): 7:41am On Jun 20, 2012
Mynd_44:
You've got mail

thank you. i will make ammends
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by Mynd44: 7:50am On Jun 20, 2012
fuckherlord:

thank you. i will make ammends
Good to hear. Hope we can actually be friends sha
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by Murphy7h4: 8:53am On Jun 20, 2012
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 20, 2012
*Too Long*
i already got weary eyes...

As 4 ur topic, i only pity Men.
His case has already gotten to a Babalawosad
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 20, 2012
fuckherlord:

now u get desperate!!
You registered today.
Created five topics 2day(Love,spouse,Family)
Flaunted urself..
You must be misguided. Who told u that u can find Love here on NL
Dnt let family pressures ruin ur future. Be Patient
God has a better plan 4 u
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by kpolli(m): 4:10pm On Jun 20, 2012
PinkDiamond: I have known my boyfriend for four years now. We became friends in March of 2008. Since the beginning he has always wanted to be my boyfriend, he has always said that I am the one that he wants to marry. I never gave him a chance, I only saw him as a friend. Still he never went away. Even when he saw that I was dating other men, he would still beg me to give him a chance. Still I would say no, and when those other men broke my heart. He would be there for me. He would listen to me when I cried. He would fight with those other men for breaking my heart. Finally, during January of 2011, I fell for him. I finally saw him as more than a friend. I realized and appreciated all that he has done for me to protect me, and to be there for me. Since then has become my boyfriend. For a while everything was going smooth, and then slowly things started changing.

He used to take me out to very nice places, he used to give me money when he knows I was on the university campus with very little money. He used to always listen to me, he loved to listen to me when I talked. But now. Things are changing. He has started smoking marijuana almost 2 even 3 times a day. When he has not smoked, he is very hard to deal with. His mood is very angry. He becomes angry with me and can yell at me for anything. He now has stopped paying for things, and expects me to pay for things. Even sometimes he can just be talking to me anyhow, even in front of strangers. He has been failing his classes, but now he seems to be trying to get better grades, but even so, he is not putting forth full effort. He does not value education.

For his birthday I bought him blackberry, for my birthday he gave me a handwritten letter. For Christmas I bought him I-Pod, in return he said he forgot to buy me a present. On valentines day, he bought me nothing because he said that he thought I would not care. I feel I deserve better than this.

Many times I have tried to leave him, but still he finds a way to get me to stay. He usually will change for about a week, then he will go back to maltreating me. My parents have met him and they believe that he is a wonderful boy. God sent even. My parents went to a babalawo, and even the babalawo said that my boyfriend is God sent. That I should cherish him, and not be so proud. The babalawo said that he can sense that I want to pull away from my boyfriend, but that I should just stick with him, because he is the only one that truly loves me and that no other man will love me like he does.

Despite all of his recent bad behavior, one thing that I can say for certain is that he has never cheated on me. He has stayed loyal and faithful to me since the first day he became my boyfriend. This is one thing that I am certain of. I am always the only woman in his focus, he loves nobody else and he has no desire to love anybody else but me. Even when I got into an argument with his sister, he immediately took my side and bannished her. His loyalty to me is something very extreme. Something like I have never before experienced. This is why it is so hard for me to leave him, because I fear that if I leave him that I may end up with a man who cheats on me and has many other women. I don't know if I will ever find such a loyal man. His good friend of 4 years spoke ill of me, and immediately my boyfriend bannished him and told him never to speak to him again. If anyone disrespects me, he will bannish them immediately! I have never seen any boyfriend to do that for me except for him.

Please. Someone advise me on what to do. Because I am not happy, and this is getting too much for me to endure. I am a good girl, I face my studies, and I don't sneak around. I lost my virginity to my boyfriend, and he is the only man that I have been with sexually. I don't think I deserve some of the bad treatment that he is giving me. My parents do not know of my boyfriend's bad behaviors, and I am afraid to tell them, for I fear that they might bannish him. But at the same time, I am not happy, but I feel I am forced to stay with him. Everyday they sit me down and tell me to humble myself to him and that he is the one for me, when they don't even know all of what I am going through. They only know what the babalawo is telling them. Please someone advise me. I am not happy. Why is it that the babalawo is not seeing all of the bad things in him? I am afraid to leave this relationship now, because now I am afraid that he is right, and that there may be nobody else that can love me like my boyfriend. But if he is maltreating me and I am not happy, then what is the point? I am even fearing the day that he asks me to marry him, as I feel that it is fast approaching, and I will be trapped. Please. Somebody help me.

LMFAO grin grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by Mynd44: 5:49pm On Jun 20, 2012
^^
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend, But My Parents And Babalawo Advise Me To Stay by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jun 20, 2012
KINGwax: Thanks for d fake story anyway...fill up these loopholes..
1. Other men broke your heart..before u were 23...in 2011. How many men have u really dated at your age?
2. Now, i presume you're working and can afford an ipod and a blackberry but while in school, your boyfriend assists? Now, wit your boyfriend, who is also 24, tryin to get good grades in school, does dt make him still a student while u are a graduate now, or u, who had little money in school suddenly start plucking money from trees to by ipods?
3. Like seriously, how d fuckin old are u?
Now u guys are gettin me mad, do u jes have to post? That's how a deranged girl was talkin abt an imaginary MUSLIM FIANCE and small time, she puts herself on the better side as d one wit d cash...YOU GIRLS ARE FUCKIN WANNABES! Y'all jes need to stop posting your fantasies!
thank u sherlock holmes. The originator of this crab could as well be the MUSLIM FIANCEE fantasy thread opener.

(1) (2) (Reply)

k / Ladies, Apart From Money, What Else Do You Find Attractive In Aristos? / Why Ladies Should Start Baring Their Boobz.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.