Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,626 members, 7,948,405 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 08:23 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1009) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4542523 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1006) (1007) (1008) (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by talltosyne: 8:23am On Jul 11, 2017
@jazzjazz, speedy recovery to your baby.

Pele dear.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:27am On Jul 11, 2017
talltosyne:
@jazzjazz, speedy recovery to your baby.

Pele dear.

Amen thank you ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:28am On Jul 11, 2017
Twogreatnations:
And Chanbaby too is awake. Kikikiki grin, vigilante is real .

At jazzjazzy, eku itoju , I wish Ilan quick recovery.

Ese ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:29am On Jul 11, 2017
Akorkor:
Please I have a question? If I put a formula in baby food can I still give her anytime? . For example, after cooking Tom brown or mixa grain and I mixed it with formula and you know that formula can be used within one hour, please can I still give her the mix grain? Enque, Feddy27,jazzjazz(how's Ilan?) liftedhands,dexterush(thanks for the mention) how's you and LO?

Usually if I put formula in his Tom brown, I make sure to feed in 30mins max. If I know I can't do that, I'll refigirate and feed within 2 hours max.
Ilan is much better now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 8:31am On Jul 11, 2017
OmoLayo29:

my dh always complain whenever I place my baby on her back, he said it is not good that I should always place her on her side but I do place her on her back whenever he is not around.

Side is actually best for a new born baby. I think i first read it here and then started practising it. Later, you can move to back when baby is about a month older. Then when she has good neck control then you can move her to lie face down.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 8:42am On Jul 11, 2017
zaynie:
Those with bulging tummy, sit ups might do more harm than good if it's a case of diastasis rectii aka mummy tummy.You'll need special kind of exercise.

My doctor told me about it when i went for my 3 months check up. I was complaining that my tummy was getting bigger instead of going in which it did for my first son. She told me to lie on my back with knees bent and lift my neck a little. Then use 2 fingers to place at the center near the belly button. I felt some space there and she said i had that thing you wrote there. That i should stop with the tummy exercises and live with my blessings. cry cry She didn't even offer hope that there was a way to reduce it. Said i can try body magic but that was it.

I am willing to learn any other exercise as i used to have a very flat tummy.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 8:43am On Jul 11, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Sepsis isn't funny o my sister.
It is well
We thank God for healing

Pele my dear. God is your strength. He will grant her perfect healing. My nephew had sepsis when he was barely 3 months and i know what my BIL and SIL went through that period.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 8:46am On Jul 11, 2017
Akorkor:
Please I have a question? If I put a formula in baby food can I still give her anytime? . For example, after cooking Tom brown or mixa grain and I mixed it with formula and you know that formula can be used within one hour, please can I still give her the mix grain? En..que, Fed..dy27,jazzja..zz(how's Ilan?) lifted..hands,dexte..rush(thanks for the mention) how's you and LO?

Put formula at the time of feeding and discard whatever remains.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 8:52am On Jul 11, 2017
dexterush:

Nne they are very fine,thanks,hope your LO is doing great too.
I was trying to catch up with the thread ni,but story plenty.
I salute all the mamas keeping the thread alive,una do well Mama za..ynie,proff Alphahan..dmaiden( this name is a mouthful abi handful),Feddy the explorer,jazz..yjazz the foodie,Ako..rkor,Lifte..dhands (how is our senior bobo), bab..ythug,iom..oge(how is our cutie with natural eye pencil),and pret..tyhurts ,thanks for bringing me out of my peeping mode.
If I continue mentioning name page go full,so kisses to all mamas on this thread,even if I didn't mention you I still heart you. kiss

O dear, thanks for the mention. How are the twinnies? My love to them o kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 9:09am On Jul 11, 2017
Hi jazzyjazz how are u and Ilan doing? Hope he is feeling better now? God is your strength
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 9:16am On Jul 11, 2017
Omg. Was just browsing through konga.com to see if I can replace some of my baby's stuff that got lost with my bag and saw size 6diapers for toddlers. What The heck does a 2-3yrs old using diapers for.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:24am On Jul 11, 2017
ciscamustexcel:
Omg. Was just browsing through konga.com to see if I can replace some of my baby's stuff that got lost with my bag and saw size 6diapers for toddlers. What The heck does a 2-3yrs old using diapers for.

the exact same thing a younger child needs diapers for.
if you have a child with learning or physical difficulties or disability issues, one may even need diapers and other incontinence products till the children are much older than that. some even till adulthood.

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 9:37am On Jul 11, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

the exact same thing a younger child needs diapers for.
if you have a child with learning or physical difficulties or disability issues, one may even need diapers and other incontinence products till the children are much older than that. some even till adulthood.
ur right
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Alennsar(f): 9:52am On Jul 11, 2017
zaynie:
Those with bulging tummy, sit ups might do more harm than good if it's a case of diastasis rectii aka mummy tummy.You'll need special kind of exercise.

good morning sister its been a while far; how is your family?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 10:02am On Jul 11, 2017
[quote author=jazzyjazz post=58336246]

Usually if I put formula in his Tom brown, I make sure to feed in 30mins max. If I know I can't do that, I'll refigirate and feed within 2 hours max.
Ilan is much better now [/quote

Okay. Thank you. @feddy27, thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 10:26am On Jul 11, 2017
XX01:

My doctor told me about it when i went for my 3 months check up. I was complaining that my tummy was getting bigger instead of going in which it did for my first son. She told me to lie on my back with knees bent and lift my neck a little. Then use 2 fingers to place at the center near the belly button. I felt some space there and she said i had that thing you wrote there. That i should stop with the tummy exercises and live with my blessings. cry cry She didn't even offer hope that there was a way to reduce it. Said i can try body magic but that was it.

I am willing to learn any other exercise as i used to have a very flat tummy.

I rep team big tummy. grin too. im actually not doing anytin about it for now though, just trying to lose weight here and there but the tummy fat has remained stubborn. Have you tried flat tummy water? i hear it works. cucumber, grated ginger, lemon and mint leave. cut in small pieces and leave overnight, den drink for the rest of the day and discard leftovers

***** this isn't for nursing mums o

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 10:32am On Jul 11, 2017
Twogreatnations:
And Chanbaby too is awake. Kikikiki grin, vigilante is real .

At jazzjazzy, eku itoju , I wish Ilan quick recovery.

Its not viligante. its kpekus oh grin grin grin
Dh travelled for 3weeks just came back. After kpekus I found out I was bleeding and its not AF.I was well lubricated what could have happened?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 10:36am On Jul 11, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

And they say na me dey write epistle pass......

grin grin grin grin

I have seen my senior! cool good afternoon ma!

Epistle ke, this one is copy and paste from google. For where I wan take write all these? I be correct JJC o

Wagbayi sis, na you biko.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 10:39am On Jul 11, 2017
enque:

Ewooo!
I tried exercising in the last week and here I am at the hospital shivering and waiting for lab test results.
Devil is a liar...

Checked my weight on the hospital scale and 81.5kg is staring me in the face.

See my life! grin

This life sef.....

I'd give anything to be 81kg right now!!!!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:40am On Jul 11, 2017
XX01:

Pele my dear. God is your strength. He will grant her perfect healing. My nephew had sepsis when he was barely 3 months and i know what my BIL and SIL went through that period.

Thanks dear.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 10:52am On Jul 11, 2017
Mamas good morning. I know I'm yet to officially register/port from Preggy thread and I will soon do that but for now I need urgent help o.

Please mama's this is a desperate cry for help embarassed embarassed embarassed. My breast milk is flowing and staining my dress set but my baby is not latching. One of the nurses said i have inverted nipples. What can I do to bring out the nipples? I'm using hand to express because my breast pump is yet to be delivered . Please how can I help my baby latch on properly? What can I do to bring out my nipples? Please help meee embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 11, 2017
XX01:

Side is actually best for a new born baby. I think i first read it here and then started practising it. Later, you can move to back when baby is about a month older. Then when she has good neck control then you can move her to lie face down.
ok thanks. she is 5weeks old.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 11, 2017
wholesomegrace:

I rep team big tummy. grin too. im actually not doing anytin about it for now though, just trying to lose weight here and there but the tummy fat has remained stubborn. Have you tried flat tummy water? i hear it works. cucumber, grated ginger, lemon and mint leave. cut in small pieces and leave overnight, den drink for the rest of the day and discard leftovers

I read that this is not advisable for nursing mothers.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 11, 2017
spiceeamiee:
Mamas good morning. I know I'm yet to officially register/port from Preggy thread and I will soon do that but for now I need urgent help o.

Please mama's this is a desperate cry for help embarassed embarassed embarassed. My breast milk is flowing and staining my dress set but my baby is not latching. One of the nurses said i have inverted nipples. What can I do to bring out the nipples? I'm using hand to express because my breast pump is yet to be delivered . Please how can I help my baby latch on properly? What can I do to bring out my nipples? Please help meee embarassed embarassed embarassed

Hi. You can tell dh to draw it out for yu with his mouth wink or tell yur nurse to get you a big syringe without the needle then use it to pull it out(this is painful tho) all the best ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:15am On Jul 11, 2017
babythug:

This life sef.....

I'd give anything to be 81kg right now!!!!

i was 70/71 kg before i go married o....that was 2014 smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:17am On Jul 11, 2017
spiceeamiee:

U can get a n.ipple shield
someone once mentined that manual pump helps draw out ni.pples.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:18am On Jul 11, 2017
Chanbaby:

Its not viligante. its kpekus oh grin grin grin
Dh travelled for 3weeks just came back. After kpekus I found out I was bleeding and its not AF.I was well lubricated what could have happened?

hmmm!! awon eleyi....championship kpekus tins grin grin
twale mama!!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 11:20am On Jul 11, 2017
That moment you are dropping your baby at creche for the first time!!! Tears flowing on my face.... May the lord protect our little ones

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 11:37am On Jul 11, 2017
orirebaby:

I read that this is not advisable for nursing mothers.

Yes o, its not for nursing mums o, let me add abeg
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 11:38am On Jul 11, 2017
Akorkor:
That moment you are dropping your baby at creche for the first time!!! Tears flowing on my face.... May the lord protect our little ones

Awwww! separation anxiety... don't worry dear. She will be fine. Pay her a visit at your lunch break daily if the crèche is not so far.

*hugs* smiley smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:46am On Jul 11, 2017
Akorkor:

awwwww!
don't worry....u can pop in when u r free.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 11:58am On Jul 11, 2017
feddy27:

Awwww! separation anxiety... don't worry dear. She will be fine. Pay her a visit at your lunch break daily if the crèche is not so far.

*hugs* smiley smiley
Thank you. yes i plan to visit by 12pm during lunch break.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1006) (1007) (1008) (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.