Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,860 members, 7,976,239 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 10:34 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1012) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4564773 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) (1013) (1014) (1015) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 1:26pm On Jul 12, 2017
wholesomegrace:

I rep team big tummy. grin too. im actually not doing anytin about it for now though, just trying to lose weight here and there but the tummy fat has remained stubborn. Have you tried flat tummy water? i hear it works. cucumber, grated ginger, lemon and mint leave. cut in small pieces and leave overnight, den drink for the rest of the day and discard leftovers

***** this isn't for nursing mums o

Thanks. Will keep it in view for when i finish weaning my baby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 1:26pm On Jul 12, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

I dont think it matters whether EBF or formular fed.
Ifone wants to start at 4 months that is their decision.
Waiting till 6 months is still the prefered by most [color=#000000]health professionals.
[/color]
Suzy: for the catarrh, use a saline nasal spray or drops, suck or suction out what you can and use some olbas or eucalyptus oil to ease congestion.

For the food if your babybis above six months keep trying new food so that your baby can experience variety. Read back, tonnes of recipes have been shared.
Just try single flavours one at a time to check there are no allergies.

For water try giving in a cup

You can also read my ramblings here on some food recipes.

alphahandmaiden..co.uk

Finally be patient and persevere remember your baby is going from sucking liquid off a bottle to feeding on semi solid off a spoon. It takes a while to master.
health professionals won't be there when u start struggling to get your baby to eat. U are not necessarily giving the baby to eat but to taste. Those of us that didn't take breastmilk nko? We dey kakaraka. Nothing do us. Anyways whatever works for u sha!

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 1:45pm On Jul 12, 2017
reniduke:
Wow! I had never heard of this. See pregnancy and child birth palava. Women are trying ooo. I just read up on it more. Biko is the waist belt helping?

It's just there my sister. It holds it in when you are out but doesn't have a lasting effect. Or maybe i don't wear it often enough.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 2:22pm On Jul 12, 2017
lawvlypearl:
Good morning sabi mamas...pls where can I get dove pure and sensitive soap on the mainland?

Cc: Rofemiguwa, Zaynie

Goodies supermarket or BG at mobolaji bank anthony way.ikeja

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 3:00pm On Jul 12, 2017
I go oh. I have been unable to answer the many "Madam what's wrong with you?" questions I have gotten grin

wholesomegrace I did the same with my pre-preg clothes, I'm keeping them all. I've been walking a lot, I just said let me add some crunches,
push ups, jumping jacks and a few seconds of plans naim I come enter one chance. I will dial it down a bit but I don't intend to stop

Side note: yesterday I was eating rice and stew and LO was looking at me and trying to put hand in my plate. I now used spoon to touch small stew and put it on his tongue. If you see how he spat it out and spoilt his mouth. I laughed and almost choked. Is this one ready for solids like this?

enque:

hehehehehe grin

I hope say u no go work today?

don't worry, ur just a bit rusty.....keep at it and after like 2 weeks, u will start feeling more like it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:01pm On Jul 12, 2017
Florena:
Hello mamas. kiss

For those battling with cold right now, this is what work for me....

Close all windows, no Ac, no fan, let the house be as warm as possible. Bath baby with warm water, massage mentholatum on baby's chest, nose, neck, back, and rib sides. Let baby be completely covered (i.e cap, socks sweater) so that their body can absorb the menthol. You can back them immediately after bath. And please bath every other day (2days) but always apply menthol.

You can also do steam inhalation but my baby hates this. He will be screaming as if the steam will kill him

Iomoge2 recipe (melted shea butter and salt) gives instant relief when the cough starts.

Finally be patient, you might cry a little grin but don't worry it's just the weather,cold is everywhere, except it is associated with high temperature consult your doctor. ds only coughs in the morning and it was very bad, he will be crying while coughing. We are free now sha.

We will be 8months in 3days wink

Your son is tall o

please explain the bolded statement. You don't bath everyday?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 3:51pm On Jul 12, 2017
enque:

Your son is tall o

Apart from being tall, he pack plenty teeth join. Sharp boy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 3:53pm On Jul 12, 2017
hunniesuzie:
I go oh. I have been unable to answer the many "Madam what's wrong with you?" questions I have gotten grin

wholesomegrace I did the same with my pre-preg clothes, I'm keeping them all. I've been walking a lot, I just said let me add some crunches,
push ups, jumping jacks and a few seconds of plans naim I come enter one chance. I will dial it down a bit but I don't intend to stop

Side note: yesterday I was eating rice and stew and LO was looking at me and trying to put hand in my plate. I now used spoon to touch small stew and put it on his tongue. If you see how he spat it out and spoilt his mouth. I laughed and almost choked. Is this one ready for solids like this?

Hahaha, starting is always like that, your body will get used to it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Florena(f): 3:58pm On Jul 12, 2017
enque:

Your son is tall o

I'm tall too.

Yes I don't bath everyday, except we are going out.
The idea during this period is to make their body as warm as possible, so the stuffed mucous can loosen up. Even as adult, you notice that after bathing with warm water you'll still be cold the moment you stop pouring water on your body.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eribooboo: 5:54pm On Jul 12, 2017
Not always true ohh...my baby is a testimony to dat,did EBF for full 6months n the 1st time I gave her solid (banana puree) she took it wellaaaa....everyother meal I have introduced to her as bin a win-win even ewedu n she loves water too...we are 2 weeks post ebf n she hasn't rejected any food so far grin

Yesitsme:
mothers who plan EBF for 6months are always adviced to gradually food in bit in their babies mouth as early as 4months so that they can get the taste of other meals aside breastmilk. Since their tastebud is only use to breastmilk, it's difficult for them to eat when time is right....U have to be patient with her til she is able to eat. It's not easy but u have to

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lululuv(f): 5:56pm On Jul 12, 2017
I officially register here, have always dreamt to be a full member. Thank God for making me a mum. We 're 11days today. Just camebcame back from circumcision. Hope am welcomed?

18 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaOO: 6:20pm On Jul 12, 2017
enque:

Your son is tall o

Yes. My son's pediatrician also told me same. Don't give him a bath everyday. He was having cases of severe atopic dermatitis, baby acne, cough and cattarh. And it was also during the winter, it was extremely cold. She said babies don't get dirty and I was doing him more harm by stripping off his skin oils and aggravating his skin conditions (the hot/warm baths does that)

Now that he's a bit old, I try to give him a bath in the morning or at night and in some few case...twice a day when he gets so hot (Our Summers are terribly hot). Some times, I just bath him every other day cos his atopic dermatitis is still on his ankles and I don't wanna risk any flare up again.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaOO: 6:23pm On Jul 12, 2017
Yesitsme:
mothers who plan EBF for 6months are always adviced to gradually food in bit in their babies mouth as early as 4months so that they can get the taste of other meals aside breastmilk. Since their tastebud is only use to breastmilk, it's difficult for them to eat when time is right....U have to be patient with her til she is able to eat. It's not easy but u have to
I think it depends on the child. My son never had a taste of anything else except breastmilk until the day he was 6 months and now at 10months+ he has never rejected any food from me except fomular and yogurt. He eats adult Nigerian food like a champ (Amala, eba, rice, beans, egusi, ewedu and even spicy peppery food). Anything our mouth eats in my house, my son eats it, no complaints. You sef go fear if you see him eating grin grin

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mamanicole: 6:48pm On Jul 12, 2017
Good evening mamas,pls which immunization is my baby meant to take at 12 months apart from the measles 2 n yellow fever that's on this immunization card.I hope am not missing some other ones both the free ones n d ones am meant to pay for?Pls help

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by greatp80(f): 7:34pm On Jul 12, 2017
Yesitsme:
health professionals won't be there when u start struggling to get your baby to eat. U are not necessarily giving the baby to eat but to taste. Those of us that didn't take breastmilk nko? We dey kakaraka. Nothing do us. Anyways whatever works for u sha!

Exclusive breastfeeding doesn't make a baby to reject food. I did exclusive for my 2 kids 6 months without water or anything, but wen i introduced food to baby no 1,he didn't give me any problems at all, infact it was very easy but for baby no 2 ,it was war. A baby dat is wired to eat will eat weda breast or bottle fed.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 8:12pm On Jul 12, 2017
greatp80:

Exclusive breastfeeding doesn't make a baby to reject food. I did exclusive for my 2 kids 6 months without water or anything, but wen i introduced food to baby no 1,he didn't give me any problems at all, infact it was very easy but for baby no 2 ,it was war. A baby dat is wired to eat will eat weda breast or bottle fed.
I never ever said EBF makes babies to reject food pls bf una start to quote me wrongly. I only made a suggestion based on a mother's worries. Babies are different and they react differently to different situations. Some eat well without been on EBF while come don't. That u didn't put small small food into the babies mouth doesn't mean the child won't eat at all. Pls check my post
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by inikamoze(m): 9:21pm On Jul 12, 2017
Good evening Mothers and Fathers in the house.
I want to know if Golden Morn is healthy for a one year old baby? We just introduced the cereal to my one year old boy and he seems to like it, we sought this alternative when he would cry and draw rain when been fed either pap or his regular milk:Cerelac(Mixed fruits) and Lactogen, however he loves eating Golden Morn, he eats other adult solids as well. But lately someone said it is not healthy for a baby that young. Is it right for him at this tender age?
What other food(s) can we introduce to him that would help his growth and increase his intelligence. Thanks y'all.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 9:24pm On Jul 12, 2017
Hello ladies, missed you all.

About the belly fat, I have tried the exercises that I can, even with Dh's support and encouragement, I guess the body isn't ready. So am taking a chill pill now till maybe when I wean. Can't do herbs because I still like the small flesh I added. For now, it's girdle when I really need to look good.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 9:38pm On Jul 12, 2017
Florena:
Hello mamas. kiss

For those battling with cold right now, this is what work for me....

Close all windows, no Ac, no fan, let the house be as warm as possible. Bath baby with warm water, massage mentholatum on baby's chest, nose, neck, back, and rib sides. Let baby be completely covered (i.e cap, socks sweater) so that their body can absorb the menthol. You can back them immediately after bath. And please bath every other day (2days) but always apply menthol.

You can also do steam inhalation but my baby hates this. He will be screaming as if the steam will kill him

Iomoge2 recipe (melted shea butter and salt) gives instant relief when the cough starts.

Finally be patient, you might cry a little grin but don't worry it's just the weather,cold is everywhere, except it is associated with high temperature consult your doctor. ds only coughs in the morning and it was very bad, he will be crying while coughing. We are free now sha.

We will be 8months in 3days wink

Wao.
He is so tall....

The cold ehn...mscheeee
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 9:39pm On Jul 12, 2017
inikamoze:
Good evening Mothers and Fathers in the house.
I want to know if Golden Morn is healthy for a one year old baby? We just introduced the cereal to my one year old boy and he seems to like it, we sought this alternative when he would cry and draw rain when been fed either pap or his regular milk:Cerelac(Mixed fruits) and Lactogen, however he loves eating Golden Morn, he eats other adult solids as well. But lately someone said it is not healthy for a baby that young. Is it right for him at this tender age?
What other food(s) can we introduce to him that would help his growth and increase his intelligence. Thanks y'all.

Its 4 3years n above.

Find another alternative n serve in plate if u use bottle b4.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suzy(f): 10:01pm On Jul 12, 2017
Thanks for all ur reply on my matter.
Pls wat immunization will a baby take at 6months
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 12, 2017
Mama Blessedmum, I think it was yday I remembered you, you just crossed my mind fiam. How is family?

Mothers, am still finding it difficult to wean my kids. All methods applied has failed. Dem no gree take water at night, it must be breast. Same during the day. They are 14 months plus. I don tire. Am waiting till September for them start school, can I really cope till then?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Blessedmum(f): 10:23pm On Jul 12, 2017
olubankemi:
Mama Blessedm.um, I think it was yday I remembered you, you just crossed my mind fiam. How is family?

Mothers, am still finding it difficult to wean my kids. All methods applied has failed. Dem no gree take water at night, it must be breast. Same during the day. They are 14 months plus. I don tire. Am waiting till September for them start school, can I really cope till then?
We are doing great sis. How are my twins doing? My love to them.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Blessedmum(f): 10:25pm On Jul 12, 2017
suzy:
We took Vitamin A and it was administered through the mouth.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunbestie(f): 10:55pm On Jul 12, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

lol! sounds like you need a bit of detox to cleanse your system.

When i need to detox, i cut out a lot of things from my diet for a few days, drink some warm water with lemon juice first thing in the morning, have some natural plain yogurt to help with "good" bacteria for the guts, and drink loads of water and fruits. you can add a bit of honey to sweeten a bit. pele, but watch what you eat for a while
thank u ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Q12(m): 11:19pm On Jul 12, 2017
Please remember that the doctors and health workers here are doing a fantastic job. Remember you can inbox them privately or go to http://docotal.com/ and get a free private medical consultation/follow-up.

Health issues should be taken very seriously. Information is power.

I wish you the best of luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiJcE_CsWX8
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lawvlypearl(f): 12:15am On Jul 13, 2017
rofemiguwa:

Thank you ma'am
Zaynie...Rofemiguwa

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 7:53am On Jul 13, 2017
suzy:

Vitamin A

It's oral
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ariegurl(f): 8:03am On Jul 13, 2017
Good morning mamas.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 8:54am On Jul 13, 2017
olubankemi:
Mama Blessedmum, I think it was yday I remembered you, you just crossed my mind fiam. How is family?

May be you need to go gansta on them.....

if it is possible, try droping them off at grandma's for the weekend to see how they cope. This will tell you if they are just being unco-operative since it is you. you can then extend it to a whole week at a later date.

And when you pick them up, just continue with whatever routine they have had there.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:03am On Jul 13, 2017
Ariegurl:
Good morning mamas.please come to our aid o. my SIL's 6weeks baby is giving her concern .According to her , the baby breathes well but when he is about sucking/crying, his ring tone(cryin)usually change.she said it's sounds like an advanced hiccups (like his neck and chest suck with each breath) and also, she said he usually sound like a child with cold(like he has mucus to spit out of his throat but there is no mucus in his nostrils). she.took him to hospital and she was told it's a floppy larynx (larygomalacia; I hope I got the spelling like). We all have Googled but Mr Google isn't helping matters that is why I told her I have a forum where in I can ask.please mamas, is there any local treatment for that? PS: According to her, the only thing he displays that has the symptoms of larygomalacia is the sounds he makes when he wanna eat or is playing .Sorry for the long epistle mamAz
cc: zay.nie rofemiguwa AlphaHan.dMaiden Oluba.nkemi and all other sabi mamas.

I dont have any experience in this, so not much i will say.

First of all what did the doctor say about floppy larynx? It is unlikely that they will give only diagnosis with no treatment or management options.
If they profered a solution then she should go with her doctors' advice

She could alwayd seek a second opinion if she is still worried.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 9:12am On Jul 13, 2017
Yesitsme:
I never ever said EBF makes babies to reject food pls bf una start to quote me wrongly. I only made a suggestion based on a mother's worries. Babies are different and they react differently to different situations. Some eat well without been on EBF while come don't. That u didn't put small small food into the babies mouth doesn't mean the child won't eat at all. Pls check my post

I believe what we mothers want to achieve is that our babies take their solids once they clock 6 months, whether exclusively breastfed or formula fed. Lets just do whatever works for us. God willing, I will try another model ..... give baby just a tiny bit taste of different meals from 4 months to get those taste buds ready for solids at 5 or 6 months and see how it goes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) (1013) (1014) (1015) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.