Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,961 members, 7,942,438 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 10:02 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4538551 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) (1191) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 4:42pm On Oct 07, 2017
Pics

1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 4:44pm On Oct 07, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Bowl to mix his cereal, storage bowls that I freeze food in, diaper bag I use for crèche, milk dispenser to portion his milk. I have 2 of those and I use the other one for cereal. Different colours and I also label with masking tape so they don't mistakenly mix cereal as milk

Modified: can't post pics for some reason but I see Enque has shared some

No mind nairaland
That's y I had t split my posts n pix
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 4:46pm On Oct 07, 2017
perfectcrown:

I finaly get to see the much talk about Zara. Awww,shes adorable.
smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 5:00pm On Oct 07, 2017
I don leave am. Can't kill myself biko

enque:

No mind nairaland
That's y I had t split my posts n pix
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 5:53pm On Oct 07, 2017
I wish all these manufacturers of baby milk will make small samples for us to be able to buy and test if our Lo's will like it before going ahead to buy larger quantities.

my DS is not accepting Nan milk. he is soooo turned off with mere perceiving the smell alone.He takes his oats and ogi without milk cheerfully.

Is that how I will just be buying milk until I find the one he likes?

sabi mamas how you take dey know which milk lo fit like.?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:12pm On Oct 07, 2017
Thanks so much Enque and Hunniesuzzie for posting pictures. kiss kiss kiss Share those kisses one and half to each of you, no fighting over it please. grin. Also where did you guys get those plates, I've checked at the big supermarkets close to my house but can find baby plates and coolers I like.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 7:15pm On Oct 07, 2017
Giddyperson:
Thanks so much Enque and Hunniesuzzie for posting pictures. kiss kiss kiss Share those kisses one and half to each of you, no fighting over it please. grin. Also where did you guys get those plates, I've checked at the big supermarkets close to my house but can find baby plates and coolers I like.

Ur welcome
I bought them at the market
All these people wey de sell plastic dey get am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 7:16pm On Oct 07, 2017
JGracious:
I wish all these manufacturers of baby milk will make small samples for us to be able to buy and test if our Lo's will like it before going ahead to buy larger quantities.

my DS is not accepting Nan milk. he is soooo turned off with mere perceiving the smell alone.He takes his oats and ogi without milk cheerfully.

I guess I was just lucky
Sma gold...no rejecting, no issues
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 7:20pm On Oct 07, 2017
Instead of you to complete the kisses. Tueh.

The one I have is Nuby storage pots, I was given when I gave birth but I'm sure you can get from Jumia or anyone who sells baby stuff, better to buy small plastic dozen sha cos the Nuby one is just 4 in a pack.

Giddyperson:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 7:23pm On Oct 07, 2017
My crèche woman told me about a baby who rejected formula. She just buzzed all the other mummies to please add 1 scoop of their different milk to what they pack so she can test for the baby.
If you have friends and family that have small babies maybe you can try theirs

My baby never rejected nan. Lucky me

JGracious:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 07, 2017
Lmao! cheesy
jazzyjazz:
So my cousin just called molfix diaper "Mozilla Firefox " cheesy cheesy cheesy

She said they deserve the name because the diaper de fire ilan bumbum cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Enque
Naomi11
Hunniesuzie
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 07, 2017
Cutie kiss kiss kiss
enque:
Zara
10 months
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 07, 2017
Yes it is! I think she feeds him with a particular breast more than the other. But if she is so worried, let her see a doctor.
J0hnTrevolt:
Hello great mamas.
This forum has really assisted me a lot in my times of need. I hardly comment here cos its mostly women affairs stuff. Lol. Know it that we truly appreciate u mothers of our little ones.

Back to my issue.
After the birth of my baby a year now, my wife keep complaining that one of her breast is far bigger than the other and this is quite true.
She's really worried.
I'v told her to calm down that it cud be as a result of breastfeeding tho I dnt know
Plz mamas, is this normal?
Will this normalize?
She blames d baby so much for this.
This our first baby.
Tnx as I await ur response.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 8:43pm On Oct 07, 2017
Naomi14:
Cutie kiss kiss kiss

Thanks deae
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Newmercies: 8:51pm On Oct 07, 2017
good evening House

Please what do u i do?, my 5months old DS fell from my bed this morning, i was washing clothes outside when i heard him cry and when i rushed in, I met him on the floor (tiled floor) i wasn't there no know how he fell and which part of his body hit the floor, i am worried, pls what can i do?, My DH is very mad @ me bcs he has warned me severally to . use pillows to wedge him. I gave him Panda, pls is there any other thing i need to do?, .
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Zheemub(f): 9:34pm On Oct 07, 2017
Newmercies:
good evening House

Please what do u i do?, my 5months old DS fell from my bed this morning, i was washing clothes outside when i heard him cry and when i rushed in, I met him on the floor (tiled floor) i wasn't there no know how he fell and which part of his body hit the floor, i am worried, pls what can i do?, My DH is very mad @ me bcs he has warned me severally to . use pillows to wedge him. I gave him Panda, pls is there any other thing i need to do?, .
So sorry.
Try to touch all his body parts and see where he will react.
Take care.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 9:40pm On Oct 07, 2017
hunniesuzie:
My crèche woman told me about a baby who rejected formula. She just buzzed all the other mummies to please add 1 scoop of their different milk to what they pack so she can test for the baby.
If you have friends and family that have small babies maybe you can try theirs

My baby never rejected nan. Lucky me

Thank you for your suggestion.
We are just preparing to start crèche and no small baby around us.
Na to pray for God's direction as I choose another type of milk for him.

Enque, thank you too.

I have helped Giddyperson complete the kisses and I add 2 extra. I gained from the pictures you shared.
I hope she won't look at me with side eye cos na she ask fine question.
Giddymama...cyberhugs smiley

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 07, 2017
Had same ish too,weda he takes Bm or formula,he spits n it was bad but it has drastically reduce!We can go a wk now wit just spitting once or twice!Worry not,he will outgrow it!
eksbabe:
Hello mamas, please i have come again oo. Sometime ago i mentioned that my son spits out alot and some mamas here told me to burp him between feeds and hold him upright afterwards for some mins before putting him down.
Well i have tried it but he still keeps spitting out. Thing is he can go a week without spitting out so much and the next week he is back at it.
He doesnt eat much at a time, could spend about 5/10 minutes and he is okay, so i dont think he is being overfed.
He is gaining weight, weighed 3.4kg and 6kg at 10 weeks.
The spit out often comes with a burp and sometimes i just see it trickle down from his mouth.
It gets much sometimes that it can get to the floor while he is on my shoulder.
It is not forceful and he doesnt cry afterwards.
I have spoken to my doctor about it but she thinks it is normal and he will stop wih time.
I have even tried formula to rule out my breastmilk being the issue but he still spat out some of it
Please mamas is this normal? I have to change bibs like 3 times a day which is not a problem when i am at home but it can be a lil embarassing when we go out.
What can i do again please?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 9:50pm On Oct 07, 2017
Ingredients
Groundnut: slightly fry without oil, remove d peel pepper: either dry pepper or blended pepper
Crayfish
Stock, dry or frozen fish or all (optional)
Meat, assorted meat,chicken or turkey or all (optional)
Pomo
Lil or no oil
Seasoning as u desire
Ugwu or bitterleaf (optional)
Salt is not compulsory ma
Water quantity depend on gnut quantity and d thickness

Preparation

Blend the ground nut like ogbono
Pour in ur mende mende inside pot,pepper and season as u desire pour little oil and cook, then add the peanut gradually add the leaf u are using, let it cook till its done
1milk cup of gnut can serve 7-8 pple depending on the thickness it can serve more
Akorkor:

How did you made this please? Hope there's no salt oo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 9:51pm On Oct 07, 2017
Try cow and gate
JGracious:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 9:53pm On Oct 07, 2017
Newmercies:
good evening House

pele...I can imagine how you feel for your DS. Please take him to the hospital if he keeps crying.
try to put him on a mat if you won't be by his side henceforth cos even with pillows you can't be sure what your baby is capable of doing.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:55pm On Oct 07, 2017
JGracious:

Thank you for your suggestion.
We are just preparing to start crèche and no small baby around us.
Na to pray for God's direction as I choose another type of milk for him.

Enque, thank you too.

I have helped Giddyperson complete the kisses and I add 2 extra. I gained from the pictures you shared.
I hope she won't look at me with side eye cos na she ask fine question.
Giddymama...cyberhugs smiley

U r welcome
Lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 10:01pm On Oct 07, 2017
Newmercies:
good evening House

Please what do u i do?, my 5months old DS fell from my bed this morning, i was washing clothes outside when i heard him cry and when i rushed in, I met him on the floor (tiled floor) i wasn't there no know how he fell and which part of his body hit the floor, i am worried, pls what can i do?, My DH is very mad @ me bcs he has warned me severally to . use pillows to wedge him. I gave him
Panda, pls is there any other thing i need to do?, .

My dear, don't worry urself your baby is fine I think the angels that guide babies are special. I heard my baby crying in the room only for me to see the person I left on the bed sitting on the floor crying. I cried more than the baby sef. since u have given panda don't worry urself.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 07, 2017
Hallos my people. How are we doing?

Please let me use this medium to say that I sell barcodes, if you want to list your product on a retail shelf kindly contact me for your barcodes.

For each unique product you need a barcode.

You can email me @ Olubankemi@gmail.com

Simple steps
Fill in your registration form .
Pay for your barcode and get it in less than 2 hours.

It's hassle free, stay at home and get it delivered via your mail box.

It's cheap and affordable.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Newmercies: 10:59pm On Oct 07, 2017
Thank u Zheemub, JGracious Chanbaby etc for your response. All advice noted. kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Newmercies: 11:02pm On Oct 07, 2017
Thank u Zheemub, JGracious Chanbaby etc for your response. All advices noted. kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 2:58am On Oct 08, 2017
Amhappy:
My 15month old is having this cough that goes and come. We have been to a ped twice,taken ampiclox and erythromycin. And the cough is back. She's not coughing up anything. I am now using honey and diluted lemon juice,warm water ,palm kernel oil etc. Tomorrow i will take her back to the doctor but i don't want another antibiotic. What else works for cough?

Please check for wht could be causing d cough for it to be recurrent

Ours was dust and allergy
Antibiotics and drugs didnt work as it was coming back after one week
But as soon as d doctor made us check for dust (ie remove rug)
Also stopped flit (sheltux) we resulted to mosquito net
Then we also avioded any cough triggers
We have been fine since then

We used the palm oil n ori stuff to treat
But what i stated above was preventive for us

Good morning

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eksbabe(f): 6:20am On Oct 08, 2017
Sansa143:
Had same ish too,weda he takes Bm or formula,he spits n it was bad but it has drastically reduce!We can go a wk now wit just spitting once or twice!Worry not,he will outgrow it!
Thank you kiss

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 7:30am On Oct 08, 2017
queensnow:
Ingredients
Groundnut: slightly fry without oil, remove d peel pepper: either dry pepper or blended pepper
Crayfish
Stock, dry or frozen fish or all (optional)
Meat, assorted meat,chicken or turkey or all (optional)
Pomo
Lil or no oil
Seasoning as u desire
Ugwu or bitterleaf (optional)
Salt is not compulsory ma
Water quantity depend on gnut quantity and d thickness

Preparation

Blend the ground nut like ogbono
Pour in ur mende mende inside pot,pepper and season as u desire pour little oil and cook, then add the peanut gradually add the leaf u are using, let it cook till its done
1milk cup of gnut can serve 7-8 pple depending on the thickness it can serve more

Thanks for the recipe
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 7:32am On Oct 08, 2017
iomoge2:

Please check for wht could be causing d cough for it to be recurrent

Ours was dust and allergy
Antibiotics and drugs didnt work as it was coming back after one week
But as soon as d doctor made us check for dust (ie remove rug)
Also stopped flit (sheltux) we resulted to mosquito net
Then we also avioded any cough triggers
We have been fine since then

We used the palm oil n ori stuff to treat
But what i stated above was preventive for us

Good morning

iomoge2, long time no saw...Was thinking about you yesterday. Hope baby Zoe (hope am right)is doing well and dada too cheesy. She will be one year this month. How time flies.... Congratulations

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bennie17: 7:41am On Oct 08, 2017
Good morning House
Happy Sunday everyone..Am a bit worried,my dear son is 2weeks old but started sticking out his tongue from birth causing his mouth to be constantly open...
Who have experienced this before..Is there any remedy... Someone already suggested pacifier..pls help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 9:30am On Oct 08, 2017
crystalzoe:
Pls any Ph mama interested in kidco books pls Holla

Free teddy bears for first sets of Mamar to order as in group before the 10th of this month

(1) (2) (3) ... (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) (1191) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.