Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,772 members, 7,889,479 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:22 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1421) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4489390 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1418) (1419) (1420) (1421) (1422) (1423) (1424) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 27, 2017
Accept my sympathy!May Dad's soul rest in peace.
queenhecate:
graciouscharis, atumomo, beyedew, arihodi. thank you mamas. see me na, I don't have a father anymore, he is gone and I wasn't able to say goodbye cos I didn't travel this Xmas.

so many had I knowns. embarassed :-( :-(

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lightedpath(f): 9:49pm On Dec 27, 2017
Ovems:
Good morning mamas, compliments of the season! Biko I need your assistance. I remember a time when hair products for baby girls was discussed on this thread but can't locate the page.
Please, when can I start using shampoo on her hair? And which one should I get? I remember that it was said that we shouldn't wash the hair everyday.
Zaynie, Muna 's hair is an inspiration to me. My daughter is just 8 weeks old. For now, I just wash the hair when she is bathing with her bathing soap and then apply olive oil and comb.
Thanks in advance for your contributions.
Cc Zaynie, Giddyperson, and other experience mamas.
don't use soap everyday. Once a week is fine. You can rinse with only water daily
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 9:49pm On Dec 27, 2017
So sorry sis embarassed embarassed embarassed
queenhecate:
graciouscharis, atumomo, beyedew, arihodi. thank you mamas. see me na, I don't have a father anymore, he is gone and I wasn't able to say goodbye cos I didn't travel this Xmas.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 9:51pm On Dec 27, 2017
shocked shocked shocked shocked seriously??

I wash my princess hair with soap everyday oh embarassed

No wonder its not growing embarassed embarassed
lightedpath:
don't use soap everyday. Once a week is fine. You can rinse with only water daily
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 27, 2017
Na Boo villa I dey oh.Na him Sis wedding prep no gree me c fone.How is u and giddybaby?
Giddyperson:
Ensue I wish I could say I'm interested but I'd cheat everyday cheesy so lemme not waste the space.

Sansa143 how far, have u gone to your village, it's been a while I saw you here.

People I need a lame Arse excuse to text my office people for not being at work today. grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fruitfulhome: 9:52pm On Dec 27, 2017
ahnie:

Same way I have automatically decided to stop bathing with my 2plus daughter,few days ago,she looked at my private part,grabbed it and asked""mama you private part z very Big.she touches hers and said her was smaller.I told her that,mine was bigger because she came from there,zino told me that mummy I wantu enter inside your private part and sleep inside.

so one needs to be weary of kids these days

Sleep inside ke?? shocked lipsrsealed She want make dem born her twice? Hahahah

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 9:53pm On Dec 27, 2017
ahnie:

Same way I have automatically decided to stop bathing with my 2plus daughter,few days ago,she looked at my private part,grabbed it and asked""mama you private part z very Big.she touches hers and said her was smaller.I told her that,mine was bigger because she came from there,zino told me that mummy I wantu enter inside your private part and sleep inside.

so one needs to be weary of kids these days

I tell you these kids will not kill someone
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 27, 2017
Ma'am Zaynie good evening, I was wondering if you got my last message on the LGA?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 9:57pm On Dec 27, 2017
kelizosuy:

hahahahahhaha we are in the same club of having babies with bald hair...

abeg wash her hair ooooo, not washing of hair is for people that hair grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 9:59pm On Dec 27, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy see as you come open my princess nyash for here cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
katchycouture:

hahahahahhaha we are in the same club of having babies with bald hair...

abeg wash her hair ooooo, not washing of hair is for people that hair grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 10:06pm On Dec 27, 2017
kelizosuy:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy sorry I just had to laugh cheesy

My friend taught her 2years old daughter to scream whenever someone touches her ITE(I think that's the Igbo name for the jajiana)
You can try that method

I will ... thanks a lot
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 10:07pm On Dec 27, 2017
kelizosuy:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy see as you come open my princess nyash for here cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

LOL. ..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lightedpath(f): 10:07pm On Dec 27, 2017
kelizosuy:

yes seriously.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 10:11pm On Dec 27, 2017
lightedpath:
yes seriously.

Please ma if we stop washing with soap will the hair grow?? because right now it is head we are washing not hair
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fruitfulhome: 10:14pm On Dec 27, 2017
queenhecate:

My dear, I feel ur pains. May his soul rest in perfect peace

My dear mama's, I want to specially thank God for all of u. I'm grateful he kept us all alive to conceive, birth and nurse our own and to watch them grow. He also kept us and our littles ones in perfect health, provided for them inspite of the hardship and struggle. Many went into the Labour room and didn't come back alive

I am prompted to particularly thank God on our behalf because someone I know too well just passed on! She has three girls and have had several other miscarriages. Infact, for these less than two years I knew her, she has had like two or three miscarriages. She wanted a male child desperately. Every time she miscarried, she quickly prepares herself for another pregnancy. She has prayed like Jabez if not more. On Xmas day, she died. She had the baby prematurely and died after a short while. She even had another girl! The baby is even in the incubator right now! The kids she left behind are like 12, 10, 5 or 6 years old.

In a country like Nigeria where male children are highly desired; this has caused the death of this woman. Even when scan said female, she didn't want to take it. She kept saying baby boy, baby boy. Did all she could do to show her Faith...oh who are mine to question what has already happened If only she was near dead, it would have been better for her. I'm sure she would have learnt her lesson...I pray for her family today, that they find solace in God for him alone knows best!

I really wanted a female child as a first child though not desperately...but God knew best and gave me a son. For this reason, I want to thank Him again and again... I thank Him as well for those gifts in our hands, whether male or female, they are for greatness and in no time, we will understand better.

Mama's, sorry for my long post!

18 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 10:18pm On Dec 27, 2017
queenhecate:

Oh may his Soul rest in perfect peace...so sorry sis

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 27, 2017
May the good Lord comfort you. Sorry about your loss.
queenhecate:
thank you mamas. see me na, I don't have a father anymore, he is gone and I wasn't able to say goodbye cos I didn't travel this Xmas.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ovems(f): 10:22pm On Dec 27, 2017
zaynie:

Hair shampoo.
We used Aveeno hair and body wash from when she was a baby. I learnt from here to wash her hair with soap once or twice weekly. For other days, I just pour water and comb as soon as we step out of the bath.
I think Sebamed shampoo also has great reviews.
As soon as she was around 3m (most likely before) we started using those soft cotton bands to make puffpuff and this helped greatly as we didn't need to comb the hair everyday.
Right now (she's 26m)we (Muna and I) use the same shampoo and conditioner which is V05 and then she uses Cantu (since she's a naturalista tongue) hair custard and next day curls. We also use detanglers and Olive Oil hair mayonnaise (Olive oil is the brand name). Coconut oil gives us shine all days and every day wink.
Good luck with the hair.
(Put in mind that I have a forest full of hair that grows really fast and thick and the women in her father's family have really long hair)

Modified: Organics is the brand name.
Olodo wee nor kill me embarassed

Giddyperson, if she scratches, it might be the heat or sweat and product residue.You can also wash her hair without using soap. Let water run through it to wash away the water soluble products and dry it thoroughly without using heat (hair dryer)
Try to make her hair for her. Split into large or medium sized puffs or according to how full her hair is. Don't binge on the custard. I don't use it except if her hair is in a bun cos I hate gooey stuff.
Kisses to her kiss

Thanks for your response. So I am not supposed to wash the hair everyday? OK. Thought it was still early to start using shampoo. Will start now. What about oil? Any need?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ovems(f): 10:27pm On Dec 27, 2017
lightedpath:
Thank God I asked o. I have been using soap since birth. Really grateful for the reply. Any need for oil? I have been using Olive Oil.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mizz2posh: 10:56pm On Dec 27, 2017
Dear enque I love your diary, and I never miss your updates, that is because,I love to keep fit too, and I love mommies who take care of their bodies. I love how you are carrying us along here, and helping mommas get their sexy back. I had my baby in june and I started working out in august, and my breast milk supply has not been affected in any way, please allow mommies who are breastfeeding join in, and if it in any way affects their supply, they will know and withdraw.im asking you to reconsider because, I belive the longer you keep the baby weight, the harder it becomes to fight off, love you and thank you in advance, on behalf of breast feeding mommas. smiley

9 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 11:06pm On Dec 27, 2017
LadyPrecy:
Ma'am Zaynie good evening, I was wondering if you got my last message on the LGA?

I did.
We still have to talk o.
All these delivery people are doing skoinskoin cos of fuel scarcity
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 11:07pm On Dec 27, 2017
mizz2posh:
Dear enque I love your diary, and I never miss your updates, that is because,I love to keep fit too, and I love mommies who take care of their bodies . I love how you are carrying us along here, and helping mommas get their sexy back. I had my baby in june and I started working out in august, and my breast milk supply has not been affected in any way, please allow mommies who are breastfeeding join in, and if it in any way affects their supply, they will know and withdraw.im asking you to reconsider because, I belive the longer you keep the baby weight, the harder it becomes to fight off, love you and thank you in advance, on behalf of breast feeding mommas. smiley

Why evuls? angry

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:11pm On Dec 27, 2017
zaynie:

Why evuls? angry

Y u de vex na
Shebi u de baff na? Dt one sef follow for taking care of body grin grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 11:29pm On Dec 27, 2017
enque:

Y u de vex na
Shebi u de baff na? Dt one sef follow for taking care of body grin grin cheesy

Lol. cheesy
We both know no be baff she dey talk......
Mizz2posh oya comman explain yasef.
These are the people that have plans to disgrace us in the weight loss group o embarassed

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 11:47pm On Dec 27, 2017
Ovems:

Thanks for your response. So I am not supposed to wash the hair everyday? OK. Thought it was still early to start using shampoo. Will start now. What about oil? Any need?

Yes you can apply as you see fit.
Coconut oil and olive oil are organic so it shouldn't be a problem. It is the mineral oil (baby oil) that you should be wary of. I know it smells heavenly and gives babies that distinct baby smell but it isn't really good for their hair or body.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 12:11am On Dec 28, 2017
[quote author=queenhecate post=63657742][/quote]

so sorry dear mama, may God grant you and your family strength to bear this. stay strong for your lo.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 12:13am On Dec 28, 2017
zaynie:

Coconut oil and olive oil are organic so it shouldn't be a problem. It is the mineral oil (baby oil) that you should be wary of. I know it smells heavenly and gives babies that distinct baby smell but it isn't really good for their hair or body.

mummy moyo I'm hearing this for the first time or maybe I'm not understanding... do u mean baby oil isn't good for baby's hair?? I've never really looked into baby hair products because my baby came bald but we have small hair we will like to take care of..I used to think all your teachings about hair is for hairy babies
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ovems(f): 12:33am On Dec 28, 2017
zaynie:

OK. Thanks. Will follow your recommendations.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 12:35am On Dec 28, 2017
zaynie:

shocked I have been using pears baby oil and coconut oil mix on my dd's. is it ok?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 12:39am On Dec 28, 2017
queenhecate:
gracious...charis, , .., thank you mamas. see me na, I don't have a father anymore, he is gone and I wasn't able to say goodbye cos I didn't travel this Xmas.

My dear, he has gone to be with his maker. Put all the had I known away and face the future. If your mom is still alive, take good care of her and cherish the memories you share with them. You can’t turn back the hands of time. If you want to grieve, do it like someone who has hope.

Your post brought back memories I thought i’ve forgotten. When I lost my dad, I was about 6 months pregnant. He hasn’t met any of my children. I was to travel with them to see him before I found out I was pregnant. He asked me to hold on till after I give birth only for him to die without seeing any of them physically only their pictures. It was very devastating but I have to live and take care of my children.
Please cry as much as you want to but do not dwell on the regrets.
I just want you to know that you are not alone. The spirit of God is your comforter. May you find solace in his love and the fortitude to bear the loss. Conquer all the regrets and live victorious. Huggss.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 12:43am On Dec 28, 2017
beyedew:

Mama you no go kee person ooo cheesy cheesy.

Biko kwa, mmadu anwula.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:52am On Dec 28, 2017
zaynie:

I did.
We still have to talk o.
All these delivery people are doing skoinskoin cos of fuel scarcity
OK Ma

(1) (2) (3) ... (1418) (1419) (1420) (1421) (1422) (1423) (1424) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.