Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,769 members, 7,889,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:59 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4489314 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1419) (1420) (1421) (1422) (1423) (1424) (1425) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amypearl: 2:20am On Dec 28, 2017
enque:
Hello Mamas..
I'm back again o.... I may have to break some hearts this morning grin

Pls if u r still breastfeeding ur LO, U ll have to put a hold on the program for now till u have weaned ur LO.

U guys understand how valuable Brea..stmilk is to our babies and we won't want to compromise our supply which we have worked hard to establish grin
Everything I did pertaining to weightloss was after I weaned, cos I didn't wanna deprive my baby of the nutrients she needs.

Like I stated earlier, I'm not an expert n I'll be working with my little experience, so Pls bear with me.
U can always holla when u have weaned, and we'll take it up from there smiley

For mamas that have weaned or are not breastfeeding anymore, Pls send me a Pm.. I wanna collate so that I can know how many we r.

Make una no vex o biko
Thanks Mamas.

Mama enque, am also interested, how do i go abt the pm pls.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maymay1(f): 2:53am On Dec 28, 2017
MoyosBlog123:
Abeg help me. All my cloth don tight me. Am heading towards 14kg. My village people work cry
Can a nursing mum join, my DS is 16weeks old.
am interested ma

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 4:58am On Dec 28, 2017
So sorry for your loss ma'am. Please accept my condolences.

queenhecate:
graciouscharis, atumomo, beyedew, arihodi. thank you mamas. see me na, I don't have a father anymore, he is gone and I wasn't able to say goodbye cos I didn't travel this Xmas.

so many had I knowns. embarassed :-( :-(

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Roseey0(f): 6:12am On Dec 28, 2017
katchycouture:

Please ma if we stop washing with soap will the hair grow?? because right now it is head we are washing not hair
grin This woman sef

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 7:07am On Dec 28, 2017
Queenhecate,accept my condolences.Its painful but God is still alive. Pls you guys should try to be strong for your mum. may his soul rip,Amen.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhemy2013(f): 7:28am On Dec 28, 2017
queenhecate:
2017 oya hurry up and go. it has not been so good to me though I got my daughter.

now it has dealth me another terrible blow. my dad went away yesterday on boxing day. what a black Christmas for me.

So sorry for ur loss sis,may the Lord comfort u.pls take hrt.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 7:28am On Dec 28, 2017
Hello queenhecate please accept my condolence on the demise of your father,may he continue to rest in the bosom of the lord.pls take heart!

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mizz2posh: 7:31am On Dec 28, 2017
cheesy
zaynie:

Why evuls? angry

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 7:37am On Dec 28, 2017
mizz2posh:
Dear enque I love your diary, and I never miss your updates, that is because,I love to keep fit too, and I love mommies who take care of their bodies. I love how you are carrying us along here, and helping mommas get their sexy back. I had my baby in june and I started working out in august, and my breast milk supply has not been affected in any way, please allow mommies who are breastfeeding join in, and if it in any way affects their supply, they will know and withdraw.im asking you to reconsider because, I belive the longer you keep the baby weight, the harder it becomes to fight off, love you and thank you in advance, on behalf of breast feeding mommas. smiley

Morning mama
I really understand your point but the meal plan I used isn't suitable for nursing mothers that's y I had to put a hold on them.
What we consume is very important cos it is passed to our babies via BM.

The weight will come off whenever u r ready to work on it and give it ur best shot.

E dakun Ejor, e mabinu

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jaygrl(f): 7:57am On Dec 28, 2017
queenhecate accept my condolence. May God grant you the fortitude to bear this great loss.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lasire(f): 8:09am On Dec 28, 2017
Lasire:
Una wedon O, Pls advice on what cereal to introduce. Baby will b 6month by January, and also I don't know if it's safe to feed her biscuit with her milk.
TIA

Pls answer me o, mama zaynie, enque, hunniesuzie,, kelizosuy, all mamas, thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 8:13am On Dec 28, 2017
Lasire:

Pls answer me o, mama zaynie, enque, hunniesuzie, giddyperson, kelizosuy, all mamas, thanks

No biscuits yet
Milk... Yes but it should be the follow-on formula for 6month old
Nutribom cereals
Cerelac
Nutriben
Gerber
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:23am On Dec 28, 2017
katchycouture:

mummy moyo I'm hearing this for the first time or maybe I'm not understanding... do u mean baby oil isn't good for baby's hair?? I've never really looked into baby hair products because my baby came bald but we have small hair we will like to take care of..I used to think all your teachings about hair is for hairy babies

This is one of the many articles on mineral oil.
https://www.bewell.com/blog/3-key-reasons-to-avoid-mineral-oil/

The clogging of pores is what I observed. It stays on the skin forever. Unless you wipe it off. Other natural oils are gradually absorbed. Add that to no nutritional benefits....
When I apply coconut oil to Muna's puffs or Moyo's hair, before you know it ,only a faint sheen will be seen and then nothing and the next day I have to apply another one. But you'll see that the scalp is neat and dry.
Coconut oil is just one of many organic oils (for me its the cheapest and most easily accessible). Avocado oil, carrot oil, argan oil, Shea butter, palm kernel oil are also organic oils. Just google organic oils and you'll see plenty and you can decide on which to use according to what your skin or hair needs.
I'm waiting for avocado season to do avocado oil because I heard that is the oil closest to the oil our body naturally produces to moisturize the skin plus Liftedhands ate bastardd avocado in pregnancy and Ekene till date has really smooth and very beautiful skin. grin

Then I remember when I was younger (I have really dry skin) and I would ply on Vaseline to shine the skin. Before I even reach the bustop my feet would be black cos the Vaseline was just inviting dust to glue to my leg. Then I would wash my feet with water to rid the dust and my shine would be back. Using coconut oil now, it's different. Very. I still put plenty on my feet but I don't attract as much dust.
Vaseline is mineral oil. Its good as a barrier cream in the diaper area.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:26am On Dec 28, 2017
katchycouture:

hahahahahhaha we are in the same club of having babies with bald hair...

abeg wash her hair ooooo, not washing of hair is for people that hair grin grin

Not really.
Your washing her hair regularly strips the hair of natural oils and moisturizer.
Pour water, apply natural oil and brush gently .
Even if it takes long, the hair will eventually come out.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:56am On Dec 28, 2017
Lasire:
Una wedon O, Pls advice on what cereal to introduce. Baby will b 6month by January, and also I don't know if it's safe to feed her biscuit with her milk.
TIA

There are a lot of cereals for 6m and above.
Cerelac
Nutrend
Nutribom
Heinz
Check out a supermart to see your options

Then there's this biscuit by Heinz ; Farley's rusk. Moyo loved it soaked in milk.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by happymama: 10:12am On Dec 28, 2017
gudmorning wonderful mamas,pls help me touch light dis mata,we r 10days old 2day,and my princess cord is yet to fall off.dey told me at d hospital to use only 1chlorxy G gel to b applying once daily nd nt to use spirit, pls mamas I am Beginning to feel uncomfortable, has any1 used did gel b4
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by oamronnie(f): 10:15am On Dec 28, 2017
Sorry about your loss, dear. May God comfort you and the entire family. I know too well how you feel. I lost my dad 23rd December last year too and it was indeed a very black Christmas for me. And the last time l saw him was a year before that so I also didn't have a chance to say goodbye. I wish I could tell you time will heal this wound but I can only pray that God comforts you.

queenhecate:
thank you mamas. see me na, I don't have a father anymore, he is gone and I wasn't able to say goodbye cos I didn't travel this Xmas.

so many had I knowns. embarassed :-( :-(

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:23am On Dec 28, 2017
Sorry. Missed your message earlier. No biscuits, cereal - cerelac, nutribom, nutriben, gerber, heinz, etc. Depending on your pocket and LOs taste

Lasire:

Pls answer me o, mama zay.nie, enqu.e, hunniesu.zie,, keliz.osuy, all mamas, thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:24am On Dec 28, 2017
Sorry for your loss mami

queenhecate:
2017 oya hurry up and go. it has not been so good to me though I got my daughter.

now it has dealth me another terrible blow. my dad went away yesterday on boxing day. what a black Christmas for me.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:38am On Dec 28, 2017
I used spirit but I have heard the gel works, wait let mamas who have experience with it come online. I think you should be patient, it will still fall off

happymama:
gudmorning wonderful mamas,pls help me touch light dis mata,we r 10days old 2day,and my princess cord is yet to fall off.dey told me at d hospital to use only 1chlorxy G gel to b applying once daily nd nt to use spirit, pls mamas I am Beginning to feel uncomfortable, has any1 used did gel b4
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 10:44am On Dec 28, 2017
Roseey0:

grin This woman sef

grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 10:45am On Dec 28, 2017
zaynie:

This is one of the many articles on mineral oil.
https://www.bewell.com/blog/3-key-reasons-to-avoid-mineral-oil/

The clogging of pores is what I observed. It stays on the skin forever. Unless you wipe it off. Other natural oils are gradually absorbed. Add that to no nutritional benefits....
When I apply coconut oil to Muna's puffs or Moyo's hair, before you know it ,only a faint sheen will be seen and then nothing and the next day I have to apply another one. But you'll see that the scalp is neat and dry.
Coconut oil is just one of many organic oils (for me its the cheapest and most easily accessible). Avocado oil, carrot oil, argan oil, Shea butter, palm kernel oil are also organic oils. Just google organic oils and you'll see plenty and you can decide on which to use according to what your skin or hair needs.
I'm waiting for avocado season to do avocado oil because I heard that is the oil closest to the oil our body naturally produces to moisturize the skin plus Liftedhands ate bastardd avocado in pregnancy and Ekene till date has really smooth and very beautiful skin. grin

Then I remember when I was younger (I have really dry skin) and I would ply on Vaseline to shine the skin. Before I even reach the bustop my feet would be black cos the Vaseline was just inviting dust to glue to my leg. Then I would wash my feet with water to rid the dust and my shine would be back. Using coconut oil now, it's different. Very. I still put plenty on my feet but I don't attract as much dust.
Vaseline is mineral oil. Its good as a barrier cream in the diaper area.

Wow. ..thanks a lot..

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 10:52am On Dec 28, 2017
happymama:

Yes I used that gel and finally had to go back to spirit because after 10 days the cord had not fallen...we used spirit and in 2 days the cord fell off

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by toyeem(f): 11:09am On Dec 28, 2017
fruitfulhome:

My dear, I feel ur pains. May his soul rest in perfect peace

My dear mama's, I want to specially thank God for all of u. I'm grateful he kept us all alive to conceive, birth and nurse our own and to watch them grow. He also kept us and our littles ones in perfect health, provided for them inspite of the hardship and struggle. Many went into the Labour room and didn't come back alive

I am prompted to particularly thank God on our behalf because someone I know too well just passed on! She has three girls and have had several other miscarriages. Infact, for these less than two years I knew her, she has had like two or three miscarriages. She wanted a male child desperately. Every time she miscarried, she quickly prepares herself for another pregnancy. She has prayed like Jabez if not more. On Xmas day, she died. She had the baby prematurely and died after a short while. She even had another girl! The baby is even in the incubator right now! The kids she left behind are like 12, 10, 5 or 6 years old.

In a country like Nigeria where male children are highly desired; this has caused the death of this woman. Even when scan said female, she didn't want to take it. She kept saying baby boy, baby boy. Did all she could do to show her Faith...oh who are mine to question what has already happened If only she was near dead, it would have been better for her. I'm sure she would have learnt her lesson...I pray for her family today, that they find solace in God for him alone knows best!

I really wanted a female child as a first child though not desperately...but God knew best and gave me a son. For this reason, I want to thank Him again and again... I thank Him as well for those gifts in our hands, whether male or female, they are for greatness and in no time, we will understand better.

Mama's, sorry for my long post!

Hmnnn. May her soul rest in peace. I really pity her children.
In dis part of d world,pple are always quick to remind u dat u have only girls,wen are u going to have a boy or u want ur husband to get a male child from another woman. It really takes a sharp mouth and ability to ignore some pple unless one will just keep bordering herself unnecessarily.

I have 2 beautiful girls,pregnant with my 3rd child,not checking d sex till wen I give birth. Some aproko pple will not allow one rest. A woman looked at me d other day and was about touching my bump to pray for it to be a boy,I screamed like someone in Labour and told her never to try such with me again.

Another friend called me dat she wants to know if its a boy as she has a lot of boy things in stock dat she wants to keep dem specially for me,I told dat one to keep dem for her boys.
I'm grateful to God for the grace to carry blessed children in my womb,girl or boy,and am grateful dat I ccan carry dem to term and birth dem as healthy babies,this is a priviledge I can never take for granted. I have pple close to me dat have done all just to bring a baby to d world. It is not by being smart ooo but by God's grace,mercy and favour.

15 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by toyeem(f): 11:18am On Dec 28, 2017
queenhecate:

Sorry mama. May his soul rest in perfect peace.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 11:20am On Dec 28, 2017
spiceeamiee:
You can. My baby is few days shy of 6months but she is already on size 4 diaper.

Thanks mana. Bought it already ma. Hws yr lo doing ma?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 11:30am On Dec 28, 2017
ahnie:

Same way I have automatically decided to stop bathing with my 2plus daughter,few days ago,she looked at my private part,grabbed it and asked""mama you private part z very Big.she touches hers and said her was smaller.I told her that,mine was bigger because she came from there,zino told me that mummy I wantu enter inside your private part and sleep inside.

so one needs to be weary of kids these days

Jesu!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fruitfulhome: 12:01pm On Dec 28, 2017
My dear, it is well!
toyeem:

Hmnnn. May her soul rest in peace. I really pity her children.
In dis part of d world,pple are always quick to remind u dat u have only girls,wen are u going to have a boy or u want ur husband to get a male child from another woman. It really takes a sharp mouth and ability to ignore some pple unless one will just keep bordering herself unnecessarily.

I have 2 beautiful girls,pregnant with my 3rd child,not checking d sex till wen I give birth. Some aproko pple will not allow one rest. A woman looked at me d other day and was about touching my bump to pray for it to be a boy,I screamed like someone in Labour and told her never to try such with me again.

Another friend called me dat she wants to know if its a boy as she has a lot of boy things in stock dat she wants to keep dem specially for me,I told dat one to keep dem for her boys.
I'm grateful to God for the grace to carry blessed children in my womb,girl or boy,and am grateful dat I ccan carry dem to term and birth dem as healthy babies,this is a priviledge I can never take for granted. I have pple close to me dat have done all just to bring a baby to d world. It is not by being smart ooo but by God's grace,mercy and favour.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 12:07pm On Dec 28, 2017
hunniesuzie:

Fyngal1 happy birthday in arrears

thank you mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goodfortun(f): 12:14pm On Dec 28, 2017
Compliments of the season mums. I have some creche related questions.
1. What is the appropriate wear for creche for a 4months old? Is bodysuit okay? Or regular shorts and shirts i.e. outing clothes? How many changes of clothes should be packed?

2. How many feeding bottles can I pack? Since they'll make the formula when he needs it? Right now we do 150ml formula after morning bath then breastfeeding through out the day on demand .. how many formula feeding do I pack until 5pm?

3. I sterilize using Milton tablet in a bucket of water; how can dat work with creche? Except I remove the bottles from the water and keep unsterilized in his diaper bag?

P.S. Still on the lookout for creche in aguda surulere area

Thanks!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:20pm On Dec 28, 2017
Hi

1. Depends on the temperature of the creche (AC 24/7 or not) but a bodysuit is fine. He's going to mostly be playing like he does during the day at home

Side trip: a creche with AC 24/7 is not a good idea so you don't deal with catarrh everyday

2. I suggest you start mirroring whatever your feeding pattern will be now so you can know how many bottles you need. Do you plan to express breastmilk for him?

3. Remove from water and keep in the bag. Bottle remains sterile until it's opened for use

goodfortun:
Compliments of the season mums. I have some creche related questions.
1. What is the appropriate wear for creche for a 4months old? Is bodysuit okay? Or regular shorts and shirts i.e. outing clothes? How many changes of clothes should be packed?

2. How many feeding bottles can I pack? Since they'll make the formula when he needs it? Right now we do 150ml formula after morning bath then breastfeeding through out the day on demand .. how many formula feeding do I pack until 5pm?

3. I sterilize using Milton tablet in a bucket of water; how can dat work with creche? Except I remove the bottles from the water and keep unsterilized in his diaper bag?

P.S. Still on the lookout for creche in aguda surulere area

Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1419) (1420) (1421) (1422) (1423) (1424) (1425) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.