Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:53 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (477) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4473871 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 2:15pm On Mar 14, 2016
I'm adding milk in quantities..yet zino's weight keep rising and falling like the dollar.i dont add milo to her pap,it causes constipation in her system.thnks for your prompt reply...kisses to Ekene bobo.
Chinwendym:
Abeg free the babe o! She will chop up when time reach. Or instead of raw eggs add enough Milo and milk to the pap.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by xeexee1: 2:26pm On Mar 14, 2016
aye88:
Hello mum's, pls I need help ooo. My baby has been having this recurring spot on her body. She had it few months back. Now it has appeared again. Pls what can I use. Presntly using baby tribotan but doesn't seem to be havin any improvement.
mayb u shld try cannesten cream cos dis sudocream n tribotan seems slow in action ma baby had one rashe n it keeps reoccurring I jt used cannesten 2days its gone

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Abiagirl777(f): 2:41pm On Mar 14, 2016
goldmine:
Mamas in the house please I need your advice. My twins would be 4mths in a week. The girl started sucking her thumbs 3days before they clocked 3 months. Since her discovery,her appetite for food has dwindled. Was forced to start covering both hands with mittens. Funny thing is that she doesn't even cry for food. Try giving it and she just smiles with the teat in her mouth. She always succeeds in pushing out any drop that manages to get to her throat.

I'm actually more concerned about the feeding than the sucking. I lost part of my thumb as a baby in the course of several attempts to stop me from sucking so i'm really reluctant to subject her to any form of discomfort.

Any tips to help with the feeding? She used eat more than her brother but is more interested in only playing,sleeping and laughing now. Hardly cries too. The only time I manage to get her to eat little is if I attempt to feed her when she's not fully conscious. Once she's fully awake and realises she's eating, that's the end. I also feel guilty having to disturb her sleep to feed her. I don't know how to force-feed a child and I don't even subscribe to it. Too risky IMO.

Another thing, she's been burping a lot lately. Too much IMO and most times with spit up. She can burp up to 7times within 2 hrs with spit up after managing to drink just 30 or 40mls. Wetin come remain for belle? sad She used to take 120mls at a sitting and burp just once after each feed.

One more thing,there's this brownish,dry scaly development on their skin. Looks to me like they're both reacting to something but i'm not sure what.Neither their diet nor skin products changed in the last 2 months. So sorry for the epistle my matter plenty.

my six mth old son sucks his thumbs too,wasn't interested in food at all.so my method was to put him on the breast as soon as he sleeps, he sucks very well when sleeping .
pheww,we've completed our Ebf lastv week,e no easyoo

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 3:25pm On Mar 14, 2016
ahnie:
Gudnuun mamas,pls is it advisable to break raweggs inside my 8months3weeks baby's pap?my neibor raised the suggestion,but ayam skeptical.

I once gave my son that mixture but stopped when I took in because the smell was something else..

After making the pap, then I turn the raw egg inside and cook for like 3 minutes.
My mum and aunt told me about it.
Since other mamas have said it can cause one thing like that, don't try it o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Godmerciesss: 4:41pm On Mar 14, 2016
[sub][/sub]
4tunebest:

Someone has started tampering with the little girl's V-jayjay. I wonder how circumcision would solve that.

In this time and age?..you are not even supposed to b asking ds questions.
Kindly report this to appropriate authority immediately before d child gets abused
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 4:58pm On Mar 14, 2016
rezzy:

I once gave my son that mixture but stopped when I took in because the smell was something else..

After making the pap, then I turn the raw egg inside and cook for like 3 minutes.
My mum and aunt told me about it.
Since other mamas have said it can cause one thing like that, don't try it o.

You cooked the egg for a while hence it was safe for your baby. The suggestion she got was to add and leave the egg thing raw!!!

even i as an adult wont eat it.....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ominskie: 11:54pm On Mar 14, 2016
@keji3, my son got cured from this rash last week. It started from he's hands and legs to he's body and thighs. Went to different hospitals. Till I got to d last one, the peadtrician was honest enough to say it was a new kind of rash that is viral. She prescribed calamine lotion. My dear it worked like magic. Rub morning and night. Then top with baby rising powder.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goldmine(f): 6:35am On Mar 15, 2016
Abiagirl777:

my six mth old son sucks his thumbs too,wasn't interested in food at all.so my method was to put him on the breast as soon as he sleeps, he sucks very well when sleeping .
pheww,we've completed our Ebf lastv week,e no easyoo

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately health-related issues forced me to wean them prematurely. Congrats on the completion of EBF. I envy you.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 1:35pm On Mar 15, 2016
Swt mamas we don cum again oooo...

Ds started one kind tin dat was funny initially bt no longer funny#strongface...last wk,he started blowing bubbles wit his mouth bt now d nos of bibs I get to wash no funny again,how do I mk him stop undecided undecided,d worst z if u tel him "no baby dat isn't gud,he wil luk @u n smile den shoutttt" n em voice na die shocked,also if em dey suck he wil remuv his mouth n pinch my tips. N yet again he rolls lyk he wud b given an award if he rolls a nos of tym a day,has fallen 4rm d bed 2ce,one @9wk(close eyes) n @ 3+ cos of rolling,he kicks off pillows ooo lyk Jackie Chan embarassed,@4months he doesn't wanna sit on d floor,infact he has totally refused it unless on d bed or chair,den u hv to kip watch so he doesn't fall down ...infact I'm going to get cane 4him,im an African mom#runsaway

N he keeps babbling,pawuuuuuuuu pawuuuuuu,bt den again it's cute n He can fart ehhhhh,big loud scary farts grin grin...sorry 4d lengthy writeup...

I'm stil reading all I can read on dis thread,some got me lafn n some got me awwwww-ing. On page 370 now,I dey come..

12 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 1:40pm On Mar 15, 2016
ominskie:
@keji3, my son got cured from this rash last week. It started from he's hands and legs to he's body and thighs. Went to different hospitals. Till I got to d last one, the peadtrician was honest enough to say it was a new kind of rash that is viral. She prescribed calamine lotion. My dear it worked like magic. Rub morning and night. Then top with baby rising powder.

Waoh thanks sis, i just started rising powder yesterday, will see about the calamine lotion. God bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 1:40pm On Mar 15, 2016

Ds started one kind tin dat was funny initially bt no longer funny#strongface...last wk,he started blowing bubbles wit his mouth bt now d nos of bibs I get to wash no funny again,how do I mk him stop undecided undecided,d worst z if u tel him "no baby dat isn't gud,he wil luk @u n smile den shoutttt" n em voice na die shocked,also if em dey suck he wil remuv his mouth n pinch my tips. N yet again he rolls lyk he wud b given an award if he rolls a nos of tym a day,has fallen 4rm d bed 2ce,one @9wk(close eyes) n @ 3+ cos of rolling,he kicks off pillows ooo lyk Jackie Chan embarassed,@4months he doesn't wanna sit on d floor,infact he has totally refused it unless on d bed or chair,den u hv to kip watch so he doesn't fall down ...infact I'm going to get cane 4him,im an African mom#runsaway

N he keeps babbling,pawuuuuuuuu pawuuuuuu,bt den again it's cute n He can fart ehhhhh,big loud scary farts grin grin...sorry 4d lengthy writeup...

I'm stil reading all I can read on dis thread,some got me lafn n some got me awwwww-ing. On page 370 now,I dey come..

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Newmum15: 3:49pm On Mar 15, 2016
MiracleMum:

Please while buying baby food in cartons, it's of utmost importance to be mindful of expiry date. Also, a baby can get tired very often with a particular food. My solution to that was; since i can afford a carton of cereal at once, why not i spread that money into varieties of cereals then after each trial (3 days maximum) with a successful acceptance and tolerance - then i add that to my dd list of food. Thereafter, i schedule her meals to creche e.g Monday: Vanilla custard, frisogold rice and cerelac 3 cereals. Tues: Strawberry custard, Gerber rice and nutriben 8 cereals and 4 fruits. Wed: Banana custard, Gerber oatmeal, cerelac rice and Gerber yogurt. And it continues like this, my baby doesnt eat same food in 3 days. Please note that before i started this, i had a very serious challenge with her feeding - i used to force her to take just 2 scoops of cereal and she'd refuse. Infact, meal time in the house was messy. But, immediately i introduced this method - which a dear boss in my office gave me - things changed. Now, she can take as much as 8-10 scoops of cereal with no stress.
pls ma'am what brand of custard do you use for your LO?How old is your LO?mine is 8 months,don't know if I can start giving him custard.Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitche15: 5:37pm On Mar 15, 2016
i don't mean to insult you but c'mon!!!! its 2016 because of vag itch kwa lol what if the baby has an infection? abeg let me just unlook
Layolaw:
I want you mamas to discuss this issue of female circumcision, although 've heard and read a lot on female genital mutilation but am raising this for a friend, she called me that her 3 years old girl used to put hand in her vaginal and say its scratching her but she 'll only touch there & says it 'll not scratch you again but recently the mother-in-law visited and told her that its becuase she was nt b circumcise and that they can still do it, but she refuse, please mamas what do you have to say on dis? Thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitche15: 5:49pm On Mar 15, 2016
Abeg o sabi mothers, somethings are taken for granted, its helpful and normal to ask what cereal is good, diapers, share sleep training tips, breastfeeding tips, share experiences and what not........... but a child is ill or has rashes that isn't heat rash and you come on here for a prescription? please and please visit a doctor to take a look. nobody should stone me oo

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 15, 2016
mitche15:
i don't mean to insult you but c'mon!!!! its 2016 because of vag itch kwa lol what if the baby has an infection? abeg let me just unlook
Madam relax! She was asking the question on behalf of someone! And it was as a result of the friends mil suggesting FGM as a solution to the lil girls itching vjay!
You are right it could be an infection and has nothing to do with her not being circumcised and many mamas here have already offered that suggestion.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Hafsat24(f): 9:08pm On Mar 15, 2016
goldmine:

Another thing, she's been burping a lot lately. Too much IMO and most times with spit up. She can burp up to 7times within 2 hrs with spit up after managing to drink just 30 or 40mls. Wetin come remain for belle? sad She used to take 120mls at a sitting and burp just once after each feed.

One more thing,there's this brownish,dry scaly development on their skin. Looks to me like they're both reacting to something but i'm not sure what.Neither their diet nor skin products changed in the last 2 months. So sorry for the epistle my matter plenty.

Hmm mama..I'm experiencing the exact same thing in you posted..my DS was 3months yesterday..he sucks his thumb too but he still eats as usual..its the burping that's the Wahala..he finishes 180ml but I normally burp him half way before proceeding to give him the rest and then burp again..but now..all of a sudden after burping the twice as usual..he just keeps burping..and along with a lot of spit ups..before an hour his tummy is flat and he's crying..then I thought to myself maybe I move around too much with him hence causing it..so I keep him in his bouncer..same thing my sister..I just tire o..he wears more than 4clothes a day..even with the bib around his neck undecided

Secondly..the skin thingy..we just had that episode last week Wednesday..it started out as a rash..then it started turning dry, scaly and burnt-like look..he's been using sebamed lotion and Johnson baby soap since he was born..so I was worried and as a FTM I went to his paed straight..as it was continually spreading..she asked what i use on him and I told her..then she said he has Allergic Dermatitis..that I should stop all..buy lux soap and blue seal Vaseline and use..that I'd see a difference before à week and true to her words..his skin has never been smoother..its all gone grin..just like Ma'am Onegai stated in her posts about using dove soap on babies..I totally agree with her..so my sis..that's it..sorry for the long tory

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goldmine(f): 11:09pm On Mar 15, 2016
sayoberry:

When my bobo started to suck, I came here to complain too. I was given lots of ideas and it failed. but after sometime I began to enjoy my boy sucking cos most times, both of them will be crying at the same time, but once my boy finds his thumb, he keeps quiet while I quickly attend to his twin.

the brownish thing is also on my twins skin. I don't know what caused it. I used to say too much backing and tightening of the clothes. idk
I don't know about the burping.

I can't lie to you, when my son found his thumb, I used to force feed. so many mums are against it but I had no choice. I will not advice you too. but you can do as you please. it took him time to get used to spoon feeding too. but now that he's older, he eats well. ask mamas if they can teach you methods of feeding.

Thanks dear. I can totally relate to leaving the baby to enjoy the sucking. I once secretly wished it was my boy that started sucking cos he the more demanding of the two. grin

I observed today that the brownish thing has started peeling off. I hope it doesn't resurface later.

That force feeding...hmm. the kind fear wey I dey fear to do am ehn. My MIL's neighbour's baby died after chocking on food that she was being force-fed. So it's a no no for me. I don't even want to imagine what DH would do if he catches me doing it or hears that I even considered it.

Thanks @ Hafsat24. In fact you gave it an apt description. i'll try the soap and vaseline thing.
Other Mamas and health experts please would multivitamins help with my baby's appetite? What brand do you recommend?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mulberry: 8:57am On Mar 16, 2016
aye88:
This is another picture of it

hello Aye88 my son had something similar and got worse as my son was always scratching it, the doctor gave us funbact a and it disappeared after 3 to 4 days.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Darrenpraise: 8:58am On Mar 16, 2016
Good morning Mothers, please how do I wean my 1yr3months DS,he doesn't take milk or anything with milk, I have tried all d cereals i know n even yogurt, he rejected all,but he eats semo,indomie,fruits n veggies very well. pls help a sis out
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 9:00am On Mar 16, 2016
Good day mamas, i trust our lo's are doing great. This forum has been really helpful & helped me to aviod some mistakes as a ftm. My question for today is- BONABABY, a theething srupy for baby. How good is it? Cos Dh bought it on the recommendation of a pharmasit. DD started teething (2 already) @ 4+ and didnt take anything cos it didnt disturb her, but now she is teething again, she has been putting her hands in her mouth & drooling excess. Sry for the long story, pls sabi mamas, nurse kaffy4bill, zayine, helovesme. Tchinnwe & other mamas.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 9:33am On Mar 16, 2016
Newmum15:
pls ma'am what brand of custard do you use for your LO?How old is your LO?mine is 8 months,don't know if I can start giving him custard.Thank you

Bird's custard is good

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 9:33am On Mar 16, 2016
goldmine:

Thanks dear. I can totally relate to leaving the baby to enjoy the sucking. I once secretly wished it was my boy that started sucking cos he the more demanding of the two. grin

I observed today that the brownish thing has started peeling off. I hope it doesn't resurface later.

That force feeding...hmm. the kind fear wey I dey fear to do am ehn. My MIL's neighbour's baby died after chocking on food that she was being force-fed. So it's a no no for me. I don't even want to imagine what DH would do if he catches me doing it or hears that I even considered it.

Thanks @ Hafsat24. In fact you gave it an apt description. i'll try the soap and vaseline thing.
Other Mamas and health experts please would multivitamins help with my baby's appetite? What brand do you recommend?
You can give b complex. It's a mild appetite booster.

@cutiereborn, give only paracetamol if baby is running temp as a result of teething. For his gum scatching him, you can give teething ring. Many of the teething mixtures in the market have chlorpheniramine dat keeps sedating d child.

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 9:41am On Mar 16, 2016
beyedew:

hey dear, Raspberries and spit bubbles aren't just drooly fun - they're good for developing babies. It's their first form of communication. Pls don't stop him. Join him when he does that, it's a non-verbal way of communicating. also, it's a crucial skill that will aid him when he starts eating with a spoon.

The rolling over is also a developmental milestone. it is your baby's first step of being mobile. That is why it is important not to leave him unattended or on a raised surface.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 9:56am On Mar 16, 2016
@ soonest, thanks for advice, will inform Dh

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goldmine(f): 10:44am On Mar 16, 2016
soonest:

You can give b complex. It's a mild appetite booster.

Thanks. I'll try it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 1:02pm On Mar 16, 2016
feddy27:

hey dear, Raspberries and spit bubbles aren't just drooly fun - they're good for developing babies. It's their first form of communication. Pls don't stop him. Join him when he does that, it's a non-verbal way of communicating. also, it's a crucial skill that will aid him when he starts eating with a spoon.

The rolling over is also a developmental milestone. it is your baby's first step of being mobile. That is why it is important not to leave him unattended or on a raised surface.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin falls of chair laughing! these babies go turn pesin to another thing LOL

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 1:30pm On Mar 16, 2016
babythug:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin falls of chair laughing! these babies go turn pesin to another thing LOL

Dat's d way forward o as we don turn preschoolers again...lol

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 1:34pm On Mar 16, 2016
feddy27:

Dat's d way forward o as we don turn preschoolers again...lol

Just pictured myself doing that! Chai na wa oh....

And to think because my children are older now, i roll my eyes at mums who I've recently caught doing so. Didn't realize i'd be in their shoes ever again!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 1:36pm On Mar 16, 2016
Newmum15:

She's 1 year now. At 8 months, i was giving pap. I started birds custard at 9 months when she got tired of pap but noticed dd wasnt enjoying birds custard so i got hollandia vanilla custard, that's what we're still using though i swap the flavours (vanilla, banana, strawberry).
Some people don't recommend custard that early with the reason that there's colouring in it. But, i have friends who started it at 6 months and i'm yet to see any harm.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 2:42pm On Mar 16, 2016
feddy27:

Tnks cute mom,choi,to b a mom nobi beans sha,its well...I wil join him ooo,I wil wear bib too,I wash his bib while he washes mine..stil on d thread.
I really hv to say u moms r awesome..

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 2:44pm On Mar 16, 2016
babythug:

Just pictured myself doing that! Chai na wa oh....

And to think because my children are older now, i roll my eyes at mums who I've recently caught doing so. Didn't realize i'd be in their shoes ever again!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Hi mom,I wil do so,I just pray he doesn't luk @me lyk "wetin dey do dis one,naso she wan start to dey copy me?"

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 2:46pm On Mar 16, 2016
babythug:

#teamblowbubbles grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.