Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:51 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (481) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4473868 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PresVA: 7:38pm On Mar 22, 2016
Thanks a lot stadora smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Abiagirl777(f): 10:53pm On Mar 22, 2016
dear mamas I need helpoo,dunno who sent me to do Ebf.my son is going to 7 mths and will not touch anything that isn't breastmilk.
I have tried using cups,spoon and bottle to feed 3 mixture pap with sma gold all to no avail,he opens his mouth for adult food but always pushes them out with his tongue immediately or vomits it including Water.this boy wants to suck me out
secondly any home remedy for cattarh aside eucalyptus oil and saline drops which I've tried,I hate catarrh aah!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 11:38pm On Mar 22, 2016
@Rezzy how's you baby doing? Did you see your pead?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 12:13am On Mar 23, 2016
Pls how did yu go about the preparation of the semo....pls kindly share.i want to try it for my miss zino
ozycy:
Thanks to the mama that recommended semo with milk, I tried it today and my kids gulped it in less than 5mins. Before I could fetch water for my 2year old DD to drink cos she asked for water, the boys had already gulped the food. She ended up not eating.
I had to put it in one bowl to ginger them to eat cos I wasn't sure they will like it .
Sorry I had to snap pishor grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wal02: 12:14am On Mar 23, 2016
Thanx all for ur urgent reply may God bless u all
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 12:52am On Mar 23, 2016
stadora:

Put little water in a pot then put it on fire to boil,mix a small quantity of powdered semo in ordinary water in a bowl and pour it in the boiling water then stir with turning stick. Allow it to boil for few secs and its done. Put ur desired amout of milk in it after cooling and feed your baby. The taste is yummy...
I just heard that some people put vry little quantity of sugar in it to taste.

cc ahnie
Add little water into a pot allow to boil then add semo lina while stiring, stop adding semo wen you get the consistency you need (it shouldn't be thick) then cover to cook for few seconds , you can add more water if it's thick and stir dats all
Add milk and serve.
I made this for my 2years -5yrs kids.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missmalachi: 5:17am On Mar 23, 2016
Abiagirl777:
dear mamas I need helpoo,dunno who sent me to do Ebf.my son is going to 7 mths and will not touch anything that isn't breastmilk.
I have tried using cups,spoon and bottle to feed 3 mixture pap with sma gold all to no avail,he opens his mouth for adult food but always pushes them out with his tongue immediately or vomits it including Water.this boy wants to suck me out
secondly any home remedy for cattarh aside eucalyptus oil and saline drops which I've tried,I hate catarrh aah!!!
Ebf is not the cause.ur baby is just takin hs time to adjust.i did ebf also for 6month no water. my baby started eating 3rd of dis month n she consume anything dat comes her way.she takes sma gold 2,gaber,frisogold,irish potatoes, amala n she accepted mashed rice yday.

Keep trying he will accept soon.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missmalachi: 5:24am On Mar 23, 2016
I woke up yday only to see one teeth from my 6 month plus old daughter's mouth. #Afraid catch me#as par ftm i was expecting the whole teething phase of children b4 i see the teeth but non happened.i called my sil who is a doc n told her n she said dat is d benefit of the rota n pnue immunization i gave her.

If datz true,then i guess my 19.5k×3 ws worth it.

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 5:41am On Mar 23, 2016
Kimon bae...yuu are a darlyn....muah muah(no homo)
ozycy:

cc ahnie
Add little water into a pot allow to boil then add semo lina while stiring, stop adding semo wen you get the consistency you need (it shouldn't be thick) then cover to cook for few seconds , you can add more water if it's thick and stir dats all
Add milk and serve.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 8:19am On Mar 23, 2016
Abiagirl777:
I have tried using cups,spoon and bottle to feed 3 mixture pap with sma gold all to no avail,he opens his mouth for adult food but always pushes them out with his tongue !!!

If the baby is receptive of adult food I think you should just focus on that. Many adult foods can be made baby friendly like you mashing potatoes or giving amala and semo. It's not all babies that will go the baby cereal and baby milk route to be honest. Just read back a few pages to see recipes you can tweak to make his meals.

Then see if someone else can feed him sometimes its a case of see finish of the mummies when they don't accept. Are you still breast feeding on demand? If that's the case he won't accept any other meals readily. Begin to time his meals ensure he's quite hungry before offering cereal or adult food.

You just have to be creative on the subject. After all he met you in this world lol

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 12:45pm On Mar 23, 2016
lovinam:
@Rezzy how's you baby doing? Did you see your pead?

He is fine

I went to General Hospital on Sunday. I waited for 5 hrs and left. I wasn't attended to. They had so many emergencies. Why I decided not to wait again was because the few mamas they attended to was discouraging. They listen to your complain and say nothing is wrong with your baby, take him home and bring him tomorrow.

The nurse that took my file examined him said even though he has, it's a mild one. Another nurse that checked his temperature and weigh also said same.

The discharge is not coming out like before.

Thanks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 23, 2016
Mamas, abeg torchlight this my matter. does Peak 123 increase baby's frequency of stooling?
My 18 month old has been using Complan milk since wen he turned 11month. but since 2months ago i started giving him Peak 123, as dollar made Complan price high.
Before then he poos once a day. But now its 3times a day(normal texture). E wan finish my diaper. I use up to 4 diapers in a day now
tchiwinnie, kaffy4bill, modath, zaynie, proudmum, rezzy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 4:43pm On Mar 23, 2016
ozycy:

cc ahnie
Add milk and serve.

I just called the Grandmother and asked her about this idea, she kept shouting at me on the phone. I really wanna try it (I've even bought the semo) but now I'm worried. Is it safe for a 9 month old? Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 4:46pm On Mar 23, 2016
rezzy:

He is fine

I went to General Hospital on Sunday. I waited for 5 hrs and left. I wasn't attended to. They had so many emergencies. Why I decided not to wait again was because the few mamas they attended to was discouraging. They listen to your complain and say nothing is wrong with your baby, take him home and bring him tomorrow.

The nurse that took my file examined him said even though he has, it's a mild one. Another nurse that checked his temperature and weigh also said same.

The discharge is not coming out like before.

Thanks ma

What were his stats? As in temperature. If it isn't over 39°C they won't take it as an emergency.

Mama's, seriously try and get yourselves a small digital thermometer. It helps so you know if it's a mild fever or not, so you don't go and be waiting, only for them to say "not an emergency, go home". Digital thermometers are cheap and some come in the baby care set (like Summer Infant's own).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 5:06pm On Mar 23, 2016
@ Hotmum, your baby might just have a sensitive stomach that detects and reacts to change in diet.
I have also heard that Peak123 is sugary. I dont know about that firsthand o.

Your LO wants you to spend this money cheesy. You changed from Complan to Peak, baby upgraded for 1 poo to 3 poos grin grin

@ Abiagirl777, bear in mind that the stomach of a child that age is the size of a fist. My son also had a hard time eating ( he still doesnt like food now sef) buh he loved mashed yam and fried eggs or butter.
Oil is essential to them at this age cos apart from the health benefits, it gives food texture. So a lot of titus( oily and sweet fish), butter and like 3 tablespoons of very soft mashed rice and we are good to go. Let him take his sweet time to eat and spit out. Some will surely enter throat.
Start small. Just set target....5 gulps for starters.
You can let someone else feed him like somebody suggested.
You have to try a variety of stuffs till he gets the hang of it and let him watch you eat and drink too.
Have you tried spoonfeeding him BM?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 5:14pm On Mar 23, 2016
True @ Onegai.
2 weeks ago Atinuke had a fever. I whipped out the thermometer.....38.8, I got dressed, no need for hospital yet. She was very hot and everyone was like carry this girl to hospital nah.
I said not until she enter 39.
PCM and 2hours later 38.4. I just undressed and chilled. To them she was still 'hot' buh I knew the fever was going. The next day, she was as good as new.

Also its nice to keep a diary for the kids.
To note exact symptoms, age,then treatment that worked.
It helps to assure you or raise a flag when the symptoms reappear in future.

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 7:00pm On Mar 23, 2016
Onegai:

I just called the Grandmother and asked her about this idea, she kept shouting at me on the phone. I really wanna try it (I've even bought the semo) but now I'm worried. Is it safe for a 9 month old? Thanks.

Grandma probably haven't heard about it before.
I just heard about it here and yes I tot about it before making it.
If they can eat semo with soup, why not also eat semo with milk.
Note: I made this for my 2years upwards and won't be making it for my 5months plus any time soon.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 7:44pm On Mar 23, 2016
Onegai:

My kids start @ 6months tho get thicker as they grow. Hope dis help

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 8:03pm On Mar 23, 2016
Onegai:

grin grin just picturing her shouting and you stuttering!

That must be where your daughter gets her firm nature from. I recalled the tv bullying too lol

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 8:07pm On Mar 23, 2016
[quote author=hotmum post=44040440]Mamas, abeg torchlight this my matter. does Peak 123 increase baby's frequency of stooling?
My 18 month old has been using Complan milk since wen he turned 11month. but since 2months ago i started giving him Peak 123, as dollar made Complan price high.
Before then he poos once a day. But now its 3times a day(normal texture). E wan finish my diaper. I use up to 4 diapers inquote]

If Na me I go just start potty training straight away! The dollar is still not smiling oh
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by klfrage: 8:50pm On Mar 23, 2016
Please mum's lets try to exclusively breast feed our babies for 6 months. This means only breast milk - no water, no multivitamin syrup, no Agbo, no fruit juice, just breast milk. It is the best! It protects babies from diarrhea, chest infection, ear infection and builds their immunity to all kinds of diseases. Our breast milk is so rich in IgA an antibody that has fought all sorts of infections in our body. Through breast feeding, your baby inherits these antibodies. Breast milk also protects baby from having high obesity, asthma, allergies and diabetes in the future. Breast feeding also protects our breast from breast cancer! What more? Is it too hard? Are you returning to work? No problem. Get a breast pump, pump as much as possible, the more you pump the more your secrete. Pump whether it's coming out or not. Just keep pumping. You will be amazed when the milk starts flowing like river Jordan! Buy breast milk storage bags (available on Konga, Jumia) you can date and store milk in the freezer for up to 6 months! This way you are never short. With our Nepa situation the milk may melt but as long as you can see ice in it, it is still at frozen temperatures, but if it completely melts bring it out and use ASAP. Discard if it is out of the fridge for more than 24 hrs. After 6 months of exclusive breast feeding you can introduce other foods, go for local foods - sweet potato, yam, rice, beans, cook till very soft after adding a little palm oil, iru, (locust beans) blended crayfish, cooked turkey or beef, no need for salt or maggi, blend it till it loks like pap baby will eat it all. I prefer this a million times to any cereal, cereal and formulae should be a back up meal not the main food for growing babies. Other health choices are fortified Ogi, mashed banana, mashed avocado pear, white pear peeled and cooked till soft then mashed or blended.Remember hygiene when using a bottle to give breast milk, or plates to feed baby. Always wash your hands before handling baby's bottles, wash and sterilize all items used to feed baby at least until baby is 1 years and can withstand all these opportunistic bacteria more. My people, I am a doctor with a crazy schedule but i did it for 6 months with no live in help or house girl! You can do it if you make up your mind to! Please....Good Luck!

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 10:01pm On Mar 23, 2016
@hotmum, ur maybe s probably trying to adjust to d change in milk. U cld watch it for smtym.Its possible dat if he adjusts to d peak, d freq stooling will stop. Also children above one yr can tk any regular adult milk( don't know if u already know this).
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nggie(f): 1:29am On Mar 24, 2016
missmalachi:
I woke up yday only to see one teeth from my 6 month plus old daughter's mouth. #Afraid catch me#as par ftm i was expecting the whole teething phase of children b4 i see the teeth but non happened.i called my sil who is a doc n told her n she said dat is d benefit of the rota n pnue immunization i gave her.

LOL...same with my lo, he has two already. No itch at all. But I dont think its the immunization (didn't give mine not until dis month when we went for our 9 months immunization) I just think some babies are just lucky. grin
Kisses to ur lo.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 4:41am On Mar 24, 2016
hotmum:
Mamas, abeg torchlight this my matter. does Peak 123 increase baby's frequency of stooling?
Before then he poos once a day. But now its 3times a day(normal texture). E wan finish my diaper. I use up to 4 diapers in a day now

Sorry ma'am,don't knw much about peak 123.Maybe ur lo is trying 2 adjust 2d change...As zaynie said,abeg spend dis money lol. It is well with him!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 4:55am On Mar 24, 2016
missmalachi:

Our bae don get teeth ke? Abeg o,lil Proudy will be 8months on d 30th of dis month,and yet no teeth. Hope there's nothing 2 worry about?

@kaffy4bill,modath,keji3,lala4sure,marygold,iyaderachuks n all July 2015 mamas...Pls tell me I'm not alone o. Other sabi mamas abeg make una help ooo!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 7:17am On Mar 24, 2016
proudmom38:

Our bae don get teeth ke? Abeg o,lil Proudy will be 8months on d 30th of dis month,and yet no teeth. Hope there's nothing 2 worry about?

@kaffy4bill,modath,keji3,lala4sure,marygold,iyaderachuks n all July 2015 mamas...Pls tell me I'm not alone o. Other sabi mamas abeg make una help ooo!

grin grin you are not alone sis
This is my first experience with my kids
Nothing to worry abt sis cos there's no toothless being
Sure u all r doing gud
My rgds
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 8:02am On Mar 24, 2016
kaffy4bill:

grin grin you are not alone sis
This is my first experience with my kids
Nothing to worry abt sis cos there's no toothless being
Sure u all r doing gud
My rgds

Thanks sis.Gud 2 knw I'm not alone o...wanted 2 take him 2d hospital dis morning 4 check up o.Make pikin no come ask me why he no get teeth! We re great sis.Male Proudy n lil Proudy sent their greetings.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Proudmum(f): 8:15am On Mar 24, 2016
hotmum:

Is she proudmom38 or proudmum? Anyways I'm enjoying the post.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydreams25: 9:42am On Mar 24, 2016
pls i want to give my son irish potato,i need advice on how to serve it so that he will love and accept it. Will i just boil and give or fry? Will i serve it raw or with soup? Pls help out.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hajarahbadmus(f): 9:54am On Mar 24, 2016
[quote author=mydreams25 post=44060279]pls i want to give my son irish potato,i need advice on how to serve it so that he will love and accept it. Will i just boil and give or fry? Will i serve it raw or with soup? Pls help out.[/quo

Sweet potatoes will b accepted better. Boil and mash with butter, u can cook in porridge form and u can boil and give with fried eggs. When I fry it, my lo likes it with eggs. It's quite filling. My lo likes irish fried with ketchup. U can try it too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 10:25am On Mar 24, 2016
proudmom38:

We don get teeth o, four sef but not to worry the will come out soon like one of our elders here asked a mum some pages back have u ever seen a man without teeth lol. Enjoy the moments before the bites starts.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pjthatcher: 10:41am On Mar 24, 2016
hotmum:
so I heard. I noticed the same thing with my 1 yr old that's y I stopped immediately and just ported ti dano jeje and ever since no poop issues

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.