Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,251 members, 7,887,717 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:46 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (484) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4485216 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nggie(f): 12:38am On Mar 27, 2016
sheweezy:

Same here too, my period returned exactly 28days after delivery and my baby stopped breasfeeding by himself at 6 months also. I did the implant family planning, the one for 3 years but will remove when i am ready for the next baby. Funny enough my period still shows monthly and my husband just faya dey go anyhow with no caution at all grin. Its being a while, how is everyone
Cc: modath, kaffy4bill, nggie, ahnie, olaoyekemi, senior beedam, proudmum38 and everyone. I salute everyone o.
Teamie, its been a while. How are u n your lo. We dey kampe for here. How much did u pay to get the implant done n which hosp. Kisses to lo.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Breadfruit: 9:05am On Mar 27, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

Hello breadfruit,

Although i havent used the SA huggies brand, the thing with reviews is that for every person that thinks its the best thing since the resurrection of christ, another person will think its absolute sh*t!.

One average a new born will need to be changed anything between 6 to 12 times a day. For newborn nappies as long as it has the wetness indicator strip which changes colour when its wet that is all you really need. This is because newborns wee very little in the first weeks - only about a teaspoon at a time in the first few days, so this indicator is good way of checking all his/her internal plumbing is working ok. wink

So if you average changing about 8 -10 times a day a pack of 38 will last about 4 days.

How long your baby stays in that nappy size will depend on how much the LO weighs at birth and how much they put on..... mine averages at putting on about 1kg per month for the first 2-3 months. So we out grew the size 2 just before 3 months. Now at 4 months we go through about 6 no size 3 nappies on an uneventful day

You will also be able to tell by eye if the nappies look too small on your LO. Or when you start getting too many poo leaks .... it may be time to go up in size.

I got both pampers and huggies as gifts as those are the most popular brands and i have used other un-branded ones as well and i find i like different things in each one. You can try a few brands before you decide which you prefer, both in performance and cost-wise and buy in bulk.

PS. I also use cloth nappies and will be using that exclusively when my "gifts" run out except for the odd out of town/ long distance travel when i will go with disposable, however that is a whole different subject matter. grin

Thank you so much. This was very, very helpful....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummy2be: 11:18am On Mar 27, 2016
Happy easter mamas,i salute una o pls waybill our chicken down..LO's bday is on the 5th of nextmonth,you guys are invited

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 12:20pm On Mar 27, 2016
Hmmm...#clears throat in the isoko way#
beedam:

There are some certain things I can't see and just waka pass.

Did I hear you say your hubby dey fire dey go shocked shocked shocked? As in?

Sis, does the implant family planning have any side effects? Me sef wan be like you oooo grin.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olaoyekemi(f): 12:35pm On Mar 27, 2016
sheweezy:

Same here too, my period returned exactly 28days after delivery and my baby stopped breasfeeding by himself at 6 months also. I did the implant family planning, the one for 3 years but will remove when i am ready for the next baby. Funny enough my period still shows monthly and my husband just faya dey go anyhow with no caution at all grin. Its being a while, how is everyone
Cc: modath, kaffy4bill, nggie, ahnie, olaoyekemi, senior beedam, proudmum38 and everyone. I salute everyone o.
Tanks for d mention,how is my boy doing.any improvement with his feeding
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 12:35pm On Mar 27, 2016
mummy2be:
Happy easter mamas,i salute una o pls waybill our chicken down..LO's bday is on the 5th of nextmonth,you guys are invited

Happy easter 2u too sis. Happy Birthday 2 ur Lo in advance...Abeg whr is ur address? Me n lil Proudy dey road lol.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 1:20pm On Mar 27, 2016
Mother's pls help, my 10 days old baby want to be sleeping only when carried. Then what can i use for Colic, i am using grip water but it seems not to be working.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sheweezy(f): 4:28pm On Mar 27, 2016
olaoyekemi:

Tanks for d mention,how is my boy doing.any improvement with his feeding
Slight improvement o with feeding but mostly cereals sha. Thanks, our princess nko
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Beryl15: 6:04pm On Mar 27, 2016
mkbeau:

Dont feel bad about it, and its not your fault! All babies are different my girls learnt by the time they were 3 years old. Continue with what you are doing... I now its expensive but have you tried pull-ups? Mix both potty training with pull-ups during the day,continue to gage with your child by asking her whether she wants to go to the toilet or not. With time she will be able to associate the feeling of going to the toilet with the potty, all this work will eventually pay off! wink
Thanks dear. Actually I've been using pull ups since dec. I guess I'll have to make extra patience smoothies wink but 3years Na long thing o! Ah! Motherhood...thanks again.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 27, 2016
ojac1:
Y do I find pple constantly using complan as child milk. It's an adult formulation. Pls stop it. this I actually for hotmum n co

Complan can be used from 12months. Its stated on d pack
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
Tbaby4real:

Try to drink hot or warm water with lemon, four or five times a day. It's save while breastfeeding, I use it all the time and I'm still breastfeeding my 14 months old baby.

Please i need more info on this issue of lemon water. Doesnt it make baby lose weight?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 7:55pm On Mar 27, 2016
ojac1:
Y do I find pple constantly using complan as child milk. It's an adult formulation. Pls stop it. this I actually for hotmum n co

Source? My dd is a toddler and moreover its stated for 12 months. Please get your facts right.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 7:57pm On Mar 27, 2016
beedam:

There are some certain things I can't see and just waka pass.

Did I hear you say your hubby dey fire dey go shocked shocked shocked? As in?

Sis, does the implant family planning have any side effects? Me sef wan be like you oooo grin.

Badt gel tongue
How is Abd Rahman doing?
Is dh back?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by xeexee1: 8:35pm On Mar 27, 2016
Hello mamas gdeveing pls come 2 ma aid ooo my DS refuse 2 take one of d breast milk ooo.. I try 2 force him take he will just turn his face n reject it.. his been takn the other breast since in d afternoon while d other one s full n heavy please what could be d cause hw do I force him to take d BM.. meanwhile d one that he enjoys suckn is seriously pain me as am feeln smetin like stone in d breast please ma nurses n mamas kindly bail me out lemme get ur opinons.. tnx n Godbless ma Ds just clocked 3month
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mubzay(f): 8:45pm On Mar 27, 2016
Sorry ma. It happens in some cases. Whyy not offer it to him when he is hungry or express it in a bottle if he is on d bottle. The bottom line, offer it first before d 2nd one when he is hungry. Hope ds helps.
xeexee1:
Hello mamas gdeveing pls come 2 ma aid ooo my DS refuse 2 take one of d breast milk ooo.. I try 2 force him take he will just turn his face n reject it.. his been takn the other breast since in d afternoon while d other one s full n heavy please what could be d cause hw do I force him to take d BM.. meanwhile d one that he enjoys suckn is seriously pain me as am feeln smetin like stone in d breast please ma nurses n mamas kindly bail me out lemme get ur opinons.. tnx n Godbless ma Ds just clocked 3month

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beedam(f): 9:10pm On Mar 27, 2016
kaffy4bill:

Badt gel tongue
How is Abd Rahman doing?
Is dh back?

You know I ve to learn all the tricks that will make dh not to score a goal. I'm not ready to another missionary journey especially now that I run after Abdul Rahman to every corner. grin

Dh is away. Four months to go and I'm counting down seriously. Body no be firewood nah. wink
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pjthatcher: 9:40pm On Mar 27, 2016
xeexee1:
offer it to him when he is hungry, it happens that way sometimes probably the nipple is not so out as the second breast
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydreams25: 10:27pm On Mar 27, 2016
Hajarahbadmus,hi 5 to your big boy! Am glad he took it,its another way of making them jake milk since they are not sucking again. Weldone mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by xeexee1: 10:28pm On Mar 27, 2016
Tnk u ma!
mubzay:
Sorry ma. It happens in some cases. Whyy not offer it to him when he is hungry or express it in a bottle if he is on d bottle. The bottom line, offer it first before d 2nd one when he is hungry. Hope ds helps.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by xeexee1: 10:29pm On Mar 27, 2016
pjthatcher:

offer it to him when he is hungry, it happens that way sometimes probably the nipple is not so out as the second breast
tnks.much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chicmoniq(f): 7:55am On Mar 28, 2016
aye88:

No, not the exact spot but it's on her leg
@aye88:
Hiya.
How's ur little one doing? Any luck with the spot??
I need ur advice on Inova Alexandria...I'm looking at contacting Inova this week (for my birth, circa Q4 2016). It's my first pregnancy & really want to get it right....Could u please please holler back? monica_antoinette@yahoo.com

Please pardon me for digressing!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cinakin: 8:30am On Mar 28, 2016
Thanks a lot, alphahandmaiden, Tbaby4real and Babythug kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fineice1(f): 10:06am On Mar 28, 2016
[quote author=pjthatcher post=41819081][/quote] hello ma'am have u been able to find a good pediatrician. I will appreciate if u can let me know I've been looking for one too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fineice1(f): 10:30am On Mar 28, 2016
Pacypatty:
pls mothers help o,can I use baby tribotan mixed with palm kernel oil on my baby's skin the heat rashes has spread,I have been using marhaba powder still the rashes is not clearing off at all... pls make Una answer Oooooo

Ma'am try skineal and agnesia powder it walks wonder
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by oselin: 10:32am On Mar 28, 2016
Gud morning mamas in the house. Pls I need assistance on where to get sebamed baby lotion from those mamas dat stay in benin.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fineice1(f): 10:35am On Mar 28, 2016
FINA4804:
Mother's pls help, my 10 days old baby want to be sleeping only when carried. Then what can i use for Colic, i am using grip water but it seems not to be working.

Get your lo. DT brown feeding bottle, i use colic calm for my baby am not sure if its available in Nig. Someone made mention of infacol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fineice1(f): 10:54am On Mar 28, 2016
Hello mama in the house.my GI l clocked 5month today what food can I introduce to her? She has been on SIMILAC sensitive formular but not getting the enough weight
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 12:48pm On Mar 28, 2016
fineice1:

Get your lo. DT brown feeding bottle, i use colic calm for my baby am not sure if its available in Nig. Someone made mention of infacol
thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 1:54pm On Mar 28, 2016
FINA4804:
thanks

Dr. Brown's feeding bottles are in Nigeria, I've seen them before even in Balogun market in Lagos. Babies tend to like body warmth so they like sleeping in arms but you can try putting her or him down from time to time until they learn to sleep by themselves. Pele
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 2:52pm On Mar 28, 2016
Onegai:

Dr. Brown's feeding bottles are in Nigeria, I've seen them before even in Balogun market in Lagos. Babies tend to like body warmth so they like sleeping in arms but you can try putting her or him down from time to time until they learn to sleep by themselves. Pele
My sister thank you oh, I will the young man want to drag my leg out my that is forming NO Vigilante these days it's otherwise
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pacypatty(f): 3:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
Kk ma, I ll try it. Thk u so much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pacypatty(f): 3:11pm On Mar 28, 2016
fineice1:

Ma'am try skineal and agnesia powder it walks wonder
Kk ma,I ll try it immediately...Thk u ma.

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.