Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,507 members, 7,888,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 11:36 AM

Calvinism Is Of The Devil - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Calvinism Is Of The Devil (1413 Views)

Calvinism Vs Arminianism - Whose View Is Right? / Heresy Of Once Saved Always Saved ( Calvinism ) / A Letter From George Whitefield To The Rev. John Wesley, Defending Calvinism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Calvinism Is Of The Devil by Fr0sbel: 1:29pm On Jun 22, 2012
Oh, how foolish are those men who corrupt the simplicity of the Gospel, and place heavy burdens upon sinners, grievous to be borne. Calvinism teaches that God chooses who will and won't be saved. Consequently, Calvinism also teaches that Jesus only died for the "chosen" few. How absurd!

If MacArthur is correct, i.e., that God chooses who will get saved and who won't, then what is the criteria by which God chooses? Are some men better, or more worthy, than others? Calvinism turns God into a respecter of persons; but Romans 2:11 states, "For there is no respect of persons with God." Titus 2:11 clearly states: "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men." The Bible plainly teaches that the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to ALL MEN. That is, all men have the opportunity to get saved. It is man's responsibility to desire the truth; and it is God's responsibility to provide it. God is not obligated to provide the truth unless a man first desires to have it.

The very notion that Jesus only died for certain people is blasphemy against the character of God. Does not Romans 5:6 teach that Christ died for the ungodly? Yes, it does! God loves all mankind, and has manifest His unconditional love towards us by dying for our sins (Romans 5:12). To say that God chose who would be saved or lost before the world began defeats the entire purpose for which God created mankind. God created us to please Him (Revelation 4:11). Hebrews 11:6 declares that only FAITH pleases God. If God forces certain people to become Christians, then where does faith enter the picture? It doesn't. For faith to exist, there must be the opportunity for doubt. Calvinists teach that God, through "Irresistible Grace," forces a person to get saved. How ridiculous! God has given mankind a freewill. It is our choice whether to receive Jesus Christ, or to reject Him. God does not determine our decision.

God is not willing that any should perish (2nd Peter 3:9). If MacArthur is correct, i.e., that God chose some not to be saved, then God is willing for some to perish, because He didn't even give them a chance to get saved. There are so many loopholes in the doctrines of Calvinism. One heresy begets another and another.

Matthew 25:41 states that God created Everlasting Fire for the Devil and his angels. God never intended for even one human being to burn in the fires of Hell. Yet, according to John MacArthur and other Calvinists, God only chose certain people to be saved, and others were intended to burn in Hell for all eternity. The big problem with Calvinism from every perspective is that it eliminates man's free will to make his own choices.

Conclusion

John MacArthur is full of pudding. Faith is not a gift to those whom God has chosen to salvation, independent of their own free will. God forbid! Rather, those who freely RECEIVE Jesus Christ are saved by the power of the Gospel (John 1:12; Romans 1:16). Eternal life is a "free gift," which has been paid for by Jesus' literal physical precious blood (Hebrews 9:12). All that God requires for salvation is that we, of our own free will, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 16:31).
Re: Calvinism Is Of The Devil by Laryokeke: 2:43pm On Jun 22, 2012
Yeah! You were too engrossed with the anti-calvinist parts of the bible to remember the calvinist parts like "and if those days are not cut short, even the very elect shall go astray"... Or "its not by power nor by might, but its by the grace of God" ... Or "it is not of the the runner but by God who sheweth mercy"?

My dear, the problem is not calvinism at all! The problem lies in your bible which blatantly states that 2 2 is 4 in this chapter, only to say its 6 in the next!

Hence, you are right (according to the bible) and marc arthur is also right (according to the bible). And am sure people like you will be quick to point out that the bible is inequivocal, divinely inspired and has no contradictions?
Re: Calvinism Is Of The Devil by logicboy01: 3:18pm On Jun 22, 2012
Fr0sbel: Oh, how foolish are those men who corrupt the simplicity of the Gospel, and place heavy burdens upon sinners, grievous to be borne. Calvinism teaches that God chooses who will and won't be saved. Consequently, Calvinism also teaches that Jesus only died for the "chosen" few. How absurd!

If MacArthur is correct, i.e., that God chooses who will get saved and who won't, then what is the criteria by which God chooses? Are some men better, or more worthy, than others? Calvinism turns God into a respecter of persons;

Erm. Didnt Jesus say that he came for the lost sheep of Isreal?

1 Like

Re: Calvinism Is Of The Devil by Fr0sbel: 3:19pm On Jun 22, 2012
logicboy01:

Erm. Didnt Jesus say that he came for the lost sheep of Isreal?

Yes he did and yet he also said to preach the gospel to the 4 corners of the world.

"And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation." - Mark 16:15
Re: Calvinism Is Of The Devil by logicboy01: 3:23pm On Jun 22, 2012
Fr0sbel:

Yes he did and yet he also said to preach the gospel to the 4 corners of the world.

"And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation." - Mark 16:15

No doubt. But he put Isrealites before others. Did he care more about Isrealites? He could have gone to Sub saharan Africa to tell them to spread the gospel to the whole world. Why did he choose Isreal? This was one of the first questions that led me to atheism.
Re: Calvinism Is Of The Devil by Ptolomeus(m): 4:49pm On Jun 22, 2012
I think the thread title is offensive to Christians, and hardly find something else other than that:offend.
I really doubt that there is interest in discussing this topic.
I've said many times, a very bad argument, offend or disparage others, and to call others of "demonic", does not make us better, however.

My greatest respect.
Re: Calvinism Is Of The Devil by Fr0sbel: 4:53pm On Jun 22, 2012
Ptolomeus: I think the thread title is offensive to Christians, and hardly find something else other than that:offend.
I really doubt that there is interest in discussing this topic.
I've said many times, a very bad argument, offend or disparage others, and to call others of "demonic", does not make us better, however.

My greatest respect.

I agree, it was an article I posted without changing the heading.

Will do so when I am able to login with my other fr0sbel ID.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Today Men Are Legalising All What Are Contrary To The Will Of God / Leecher Preachers / Atheist Pls Can U Help In Explaining This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.