Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,404 members, 7,881,471 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:38 PM

South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) (25645 Views)

Train Crushes Man To Pieces In Benue State (Viewers Discretion Advised) / Do I Need A Passport To Travel To Ghana / Pls Do I Need A Nigerian Passport To Travel To Ghana? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by SisiKill1: 4:55pm On Jun 22, 2012
Funkymallam:

Gosh! And i was even trying to bliv that u do think... sad

Whaaaaa? I'm just sayin' cheesy
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by damoobaba: 4:57pm On Jun 22, 2012
Its like u people don't get it yet,Nigeria is a big burden/liabity 2 d whole world.To foreigners,evry Nigerian is a suspect and can't b trusted.They dare nt do that to an Isreali Or US oor UK visa,their entire population will b wiped off from the face oof the earth and their president hanged.I trust Americans.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by presido1: 5:11pm On Jun 22, 2012
Thought Nigeria passport start with letter A plus 8 numbers. How come this one starts with 029
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Pedekunle(m): 5:12pm On Jun 22, 2012
What is the government doing about the security & wellbeing of its citizen at home before talking of those abroad? Why won't even Cameroon police tear Nigerian's cloth or even his/her flesh in their country since the government at home does not show respect for those at home. If our country is settle, who would want to stay abroad? State of emergency and curfew everywhere, why won't they treat us with utmost disgust? It's not their fault o my people. They only treat us the way they see us. Is it not how you present your relation that outsiders do with you?
NIGERIA, MY KWANTRI!
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by mekaboy(m): 5:12pm On Jun 22, 2012
NO LINK, NO EVIDENCE, JUST A PICTURE OF TURN PASSPORT, AND EVERYONE IS CALLING GOVT. WHAT ID THE PASSPORT WAS FAKE? WHAT IS THE PERSONS BUSINESS WITH THE POLICE IN THE FIRST PLACE? IF THE POLICE MAN HATED HIM SO BAD HE COULD HAVE SHORT HIM INSTEAD OF TEAR THE PASSPORT.

THIS YEYE STORY LACKS EVIDENCE. ANYONE CAN TEAR PASSPORT AND SHOW PICS.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Remii(m): 5:12pm On Jun 22, 2012
It is so sad what Nigerians go thru from these African countries that we spent our first resources to assist. South Africa for instance Balewa, Gowon, Murtala/Obasanjo, shagari and Babangida spent so much of our resources to get them out of bondage yet they treat us with disdain.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by calabaman(m): 5:14pm On Jun 22, 2012
musKeeto: A story and a pic.... all thats needed to make the front page... dont you guys think this matter is too sensitive? Were any efforts made to verify the authenticity of this story?
my exacts tots. . .
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Fhemmmy: 5:14pm On Jun 22, 2012
Remii: It is so sad what Nigerians go thru from these African countries that we spent our first resources to assist. South Africa for instance Balewa, Gowon, Murtala/Obasanjo, shagari and Babangida spent so much of our resources to get them out of bondage yet they treat us with disdain.

You mean we invested into their independence and yet we Nigeria is in bondage . . . lipsrsealed
Just like we try to help african nations to conduct free and fair elections and yet we cant get it right . . . What a shame
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by moremi2008(m): 5:31pm On Jun 22, 2012
presido1: Thought Nigeria passport start with letter A plus 8 numbers. How come this one starts with 029

Good catch. Although South Africa is probably one of the most xenophobic places on earth (they don't even try to hide their hostility to other black Africans), this passport might be fake.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by punta(f): 5:42pm On Jun 22, 2012
I really don't know what character traits certain people exhibit to attract such hateful behaviour to themselves because no sane human being (especially a policeman)would tear up someone's passport for no apparent reason.

I was in SA in April for a holiday and I proudly told anyone that cared to know that I was Nigerian. Everyone I met was quite nice (except a silly sales rep at the MTN shop in Festival Mall, Kempton Park). Most of them were genuinely excited to meet a Nigerian that came on a holiday to their place and made me promise to come back.

I wouldn't know what transpired between this man and the police but no one should jump to conclusions.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by bisiaet: 5:48pm On Jun 22, 2012
I dont want to talk about this South Africa again because of some reasons:

I dont know any country called South Africa in the first place.

How can a single country claimed to be West Africa or East Africa or the so called South Africa whereas there are so many conutries in that region??

The land that claim to be South Africa is the most useless known Africa country I have ever been to.

Its quiet unfortunate that a country in 2012 I mean in their own land they are partition and block from certain place secluded to be only White man Zone and this goose head idiot can not fight it out but all they knew how well to do is to vex their foolishness on Nigeria.

A country where a bloody white man fed a Lion their fellow black brother and these idiot walked around with large a s s all around and smiling. Pls am sorry these people are lucky that some one like me is not the president I will crumble them to pieces with everything I know under this Sun this is the truth they hated Nigeria I dislike them with passion.

Is not their fault afterall we did all to save them from systematic extinction, Apatheid,Honestly I did not blame them but one good day they will smell hot, Nonsense people.

1 Like

Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by mancol(m): 6:18pm On Jun 22, 2012
If this story is genuine and devoid of cut-corners by the Nigerian in question, then this ugly development must not end on the pages of online interactive media like we have here in Nairaland.
As an acclaimed giant of Africa(which though sadly I suppose we are), Nigeria and Nigerians deserve a better treatment in spite of the internal factors bedeviling and belittling our existential status.
No African country, I repeat, No African country must exploit the administrative loopholes in our dear country to subject our citizens to whatever form of despicable treatment.
I suppose we were destined to lead even beyond this continent of struggles and strives. But sadly we have mortgaged or better still sacrified our esteemed place of leadership and control on the altar selfish and corrupt enrichment at the deteriment of souls just like the one alleged to have been meted such an inhumane treatment.
It is hightime we stopped talking too much and start acting in this country. I guess the strong weapon which the internet or online media avails is not adequqately exploited in this part of our world. This issue must not be one of those "just say mind" variable. We in Nairaland can make a "good noise" about this if it is genuinely affirmed.

1 Like

Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Babsadediji(m): 6:25pm On Jun 22, 2012
Speech made by former S/A President P.W. Botha to his Cabinet. It was reprinted by David G. Mailu for the Sunday Times, a S/A newspaper, on 18,1985.
....We are not obliged even the least to try to prove to anybody & to the Blacks that we are superior ppl. We have demonstrated that to the Blacks in 1001 ways. The Republic of S/A that we know of today has not been created by wishful thinking. We have created it at the expense of intelligence, sweat and blood......We do not pretend like other Whites that we like Blacks. The fact that, Blacks look like human beings & act like human beings do not necessarily make them sensible human beings. Hedgehogs are not porcupines & lizards are not crocodiles simply bcuz they look alike. If God wanted us to be equal to the Blacks, he would have created> us all of a uniform colour & intellect. But he created us differently: Whites, Blacks, Yellow, Rulers & the ruled. Intellectually, we are superior to the Blacks; that has been proven beyond any reasonable doubt over the years. I believe that the Afrikaner is an honest, God fearing person, who has demonstrated practically the right way of being......By now every one of us has seen it practically that the Blacks cannot rule themselves. Give them guns & they will kill each other. They are good in nothing else but making noise, dancing, marrying many wives & indulging in sex. Let us all accept that the Black man is the symbol of poverty, mental inferiority, laziness and emotional incompetence. Isn't it plausible? therefore that the White man is created to rule the Black man.......And here is a creature( black man) that lacks foresight....The average Black does not plan his life beyond a year...
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Crown128(m): 6:26pm On Jun 22, 2012
Source pls, cos this issue is a very sensitive one
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by henrychubayo: 6:32pm On Jun 22, 2012
This 9ja guy is a fool if he did nothing. This is an opportunity for him to make good money. Sue the south african police force, because on no account do a police man or any other have right to destroy the property of another country. In south africa here, if a police man slap you and you sue him for assualt, he will surely regret and eventually pay damages if the court finds him guilty. The problem wit 9ja guys here is that they always busy with business and many say they don't have time for it. Plz the poster if you have the number of the guy, plz send it to me i will help him make this money. First thing he should do is, report to the nearest police station and nigerian embassy here and case finished. Here is not like nigeria. This guy is rich plz and sorry for the police officer.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Agozyke(m): 6:36pm On Jun 22, 2012
Dat policeman is very sick,n i guess he has a tick in hz head,n need 2 b checked.Gosh! Dis z madness.its a sign of apartheid
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Bigeye1: 6:37pm On Jun 22, 2012
musKeeto: A story and a pic.... all thats needed to make the front page... dont you guys think this matter is too sensitive? Were any efforts made to verify the authenticity of this story?
same thing that came to my mind....no links+ what transpired between them before hand....its not like he just collected it and tore it
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Iliveon: 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2012
I don't agree with you at all. The last time I checked nairaland moderators don't report news but use this platform to spread news. The moderators are not in position to verify the authenticity of the report rather those in charge of protecting our collective dignity to investigate. Again Nairaland is not Saharareporters or NVS that search for news from the source. My take.
acidtalk:

What in the world is going on with Nairaland Moderators these past months?

Must every post make it to the front page? Most especially very sensitive ones likely to cause National and International unrest?

The Passport in question might have been expired or fake for all we care. Journalism is all about findings.

The poster should have provided the passport number, visa details, name on passport before such story could be confirmed as being true.

We all know the length at which Nigeria could go to travel out of the country through hook or crook means.

If the story is true, Let him report to Nigeria high commision/embassy in South Africa and if he has and nothing concrete has been done then he should forward the information to us here.

Then and only then will we all rise and ask for the recall of the Higher Commisioner in South Africa.

Seun be very careful, yourself and your moderators need to have regular meetings and discussions on how to operate this forum because it appears you all are loosing it by each passing second.

Just a harmless advice.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by sammisra: 6:58pm On Jun 22, 2012
ok know i understand what south africa need and they get it very soon.ok know i understand what south africa need and they get it very soon.ok know i understand what south africa need and they get it very soon.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by medotorres(m): 7:08pm On Jun 22, 2012
infact is now time for nigerians to sit up tight since d government of our nation is still sleeping ... just imagine dat nonesense,this thing can never be done in our country nigeria boko hartam see dis oh oya move to south african now ohhhhhhh may be dey will stop dat
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by ajoms85: 7:13pm On Jun 22, 2012
showbobo: Is there any other proof aside torn passport
That's wat I wanted to ask
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 22, 2012
If I had my way I 'd tear my own passport , piss on it, stomp it, take a dump on it then burn it angry

Now y'all can take me to court and try me for treason
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by bisiaet: 7:51pm On Jun 22, 2012
@ Babzilla "If I had my way I 'd tear my own passport , piss on it, stomp it, take a dump on it then burn it
Now y'all can take me to court and try me for treason"

Not only tear it and piss on it brosie please pooh on it ok and Bravooooooo!!!! for doing that. Because when you do that Nigeria will crumble or heaven will fall isnit

I guess some serious thing is missing I guess you need help and serious advise so that it wont be as if may be your mind is working on absential. This is just a honest advise dont take it personal pls.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by dasparrow: 7:55pm On Jun 22, 2012
@Post

If this story is really true, then I say this is pathetic. But wait, what are Nigerians still doing in that country? I thought I have heared alot of people say that south africans are generally speaking very xenophobic? Anyway, I hope the issue is resolved because I don't think it is right that a policeman tears a person's passport. Honestly, if south africa and Nigeria are not getting along then maybe they should recall each other's embassies so that we can rest. I am tired of the back and forth bickering.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 22, 2012
It is an ignoble act and disrespectful attitude to a sovereign country like Nigeria to have its citizen passport torn, even if it is expired.It isnt a proper attitude.It isnt ethical.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Mafamafa(m): 8:28pm On Jun 22, 2012
The story should be investigated and pls seun, follow this up. I lived in south Africa before and the police hate Nigerians, just because a Nigerian did fraud before does not mean everyone in south Africa, are fraudster, I've seen this stupid local south African police treat Nigerian bad and even the govt can't say they knew nothing about this all, everyday, nigerians are maltreated by the immigration, police etc..... Pls lets join our voice and be heard..... If things don't get better, guess Nigerians should pay back the south Africans in Nigeria same way....
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 22, 2012
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Mafamafa(m): 8:35pm On Jun 22, 2012
henrychubayo: This 9ja guy is a fool if he did nothing. This is an opportunity for him to make good money. Sue the south african police force, because on no account do a police man or any other have right to destroy the property of another country. In south africa here, if a police man slap you and you sue him for assualt, he will surely regret and eventually pay damages if the court finds him guilty. The problem wit 9ja guys here is that they always busy with business and many say they don't have time for it. Plz the poster if you have the number of the guy, plz send it to me i will help him make this money. First thing he should do is, report to the nearest police station and nigerian embassy here and case finished. Here is not like nigeria. This guy is rich plz and sorry for the police officer.

Where do u stay in south Africa, I stayed in Pretoria for ten years, a professional and not on the street, there has been no proper justice system in the country all through and I only left SA last year, if he goes to the police station he will be arrested, I promise u.... An incidence happened between me and a doctor friend, a taxi picked us from hatfield to sunny side and lied that our bill was 100r rather than 50r, we went to the police that night and my friend had to sleep in the cell cos we don't speak Zulu....... He better shout out on platforms like NL, south Africa treat Nigerian like dogs, check the issue of Nigeria pro wrongfully accused, the govt never did anything to it......
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 22, 2012
It does'nt matter whether the passport's expired or not, tearing it is a big insult on our beloved country. A drastic approach needs to be taken on this. I don't even know why some people take this travelling out in search of greener pastures as a real fact. I'd rather remain in my country than go else where and always walk on my toes.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Phrankin(m): 8:39pm On Jun 22, 2012
acidtalk:

What in the world is going on with Nairaland Moderators these past months?

Must every post make it to the front page? Most especially very sensitive ones likely to cause National and International unrest?

The Passport in question might have been expired or fake for all we care. Journalism is all about findings.

The poster should have provided the passport number, visa details, name on passport before such story could be confirmed as being true.

We all know the length at which Nigeria could go to travel out of the country through hook or crook means.

If the story is true, Let him report to Nigeria high commision/embassy in South Africa and if he has and nothing concrete has been done then he should forward the information to us here.

Then and only then will we all rise and ask for the recall of the Higher Commisioner in South Africa.

Seun be very careful, yourself and your moderators need to have regular meetings and discussions on how to operate this forum because it appears you all are loosing it by each passing second.

Just a harmless advice.
for your mind, you'll be feeling very smart now.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Mafamafa(m): 8:44pm On Jun 22, 2012
joesbuba: There is absolutely no justification for tearing the passport. but one thing am sure of is the fact that it was not done because of hatred for Nigerians. looking at the report, you will agree with me that details of the incident is incomplete. I personally have travelled to different provinces in South Africa almost 10 times between 2010 and now and no policeman or immigration has accosted or harassed for once! I suggest people not to jump into hasty conclusions here. this is a purely governmental issue and I am sure after proper investigations, we will all have a clearer picture of the incident. we are all Africans, I dont see any reason for resentment towards one another. As a Nigerian genuine traveller, South Africa ranks among some of the best countries I have been privileged to visit.
IF U DON'T BELIVE THE STORY,JUST CALL THE CUNSULER OFFICE IN JHB TO CONFIRM

You can travel through SA but I've lived there for ten years, travelling through and living in are dif stuff.... Seen, where police, tear pple passport cos they(Nigerian) did not give them bribe, seen an immigration guy on Cor cellists and esselen tear a guy south Africa ID cos he cannot bribe the police, I know some may wanna say maybe he does not know his right, south Africa, is mistaken to be a second world country cos of amenities, but when it's comes to human right, it's zeroooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....... I was once denied boarding from SA to Europe, just because I'm using a non SA passport,............ SA govt need to straighten things up, from the police, bheki sele to the likes of Julius malema and the Zuma, are all corrupt and need over-hauling.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by skiploads: 8:51pm On Jun 22, 2012
Ok! so this dude first posted this on June 14 under >> Foreign Affairs / South Africa Police Tear A Nigeria Passport Into Pisses by joesbuba: 2:50pm On Jun 14
joesbuba: a nigeria henry nonso akaolisa who is on holliday in south africa arrived on 21may 2012 on a visit to his cousin in cape town the cops came to the flat without search warrants,when one of the cops found out that he was new in the country and got angry and said he hate nigerians and tear his new ecowas passport and three months valid south africa visa,this guy is now stranded and was to leave this weekend back to nigeria please this guy need help how do we complain to the right authority this is an insult to nigeria,picture below
It generated 4 comments and didn't make front page
He then posted the remix today --- Travel / South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by joesbuba: 1:30pm
joesbuba: A Nigerian who is on holiday in South Africa with a valid visa got his passport torn to pieces by a South Africa police out of hatred for Nigerians.
Please help share this for people to know how Nigerians are be treated here and hope our govt hear this and do something about it. Passports are govt properties, this is a slap on our government this is unacceptable. (pls help put this on the front page)
But this time around, it generated lots of comments and made front page - It is a miracle!!!!!!
The pictures posted on the 14th were IMG00599-20120613-1709.jpg and IMG00598-20120613-1708.jpg
joesbuba: claimed "this guy is now stranded and was to leave this weekend back to nigeria please this guy need help how do we complain to the right authority" on the 14th but hin story change today
joesbuba: i was at embassy yesterday when i saw this i took the pic to share with nairaland,the matter has been reported to the consuler general and the torn passport with them
without going into other details, I think joesbuba is just a FRAUD --- QED (Case closed)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression / Bus On Fire Under Oshodi Bridge In Lagos / UK Establishes Visa Centre In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.