Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,754 members, 7,889,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:02 PM

What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? (1725 Views)

Imagine You Own This Ride And Your Pastor Asked You To Sow A Seed With It / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by logicboy01: 3:12pm On Jun 22, 2012
[size=18pt]What would you do if your pastor that has been comforting you with messages of God becomes an atheist? What would you do?

[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/736069_Apostate_jpg518280796afc54376c1604ef2de99516
Re: What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by logicboy01: 7:20pm On Jun 22, 2012
What if Oyedepo became an atheist?
Re: What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by cyrexx: 7:33pm On Jun 22, 2012
impossicant!

how can a man suddenly stop his only source of income great wealth.

you want him to spoil his own business?

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by logicboy01: 7:35pm On Jun 22, 2012
cyrexx: impossicant!

People can retire grin
Re: What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by Ptolomeus(m): 7:41pm On Jun 22, 2012
cyrexx: impossicant!

If the pastor wins the grand prize of lottery ... he no longer needs to profit ...
So yes ... he can possibly say it was all a scam, and announce that he is an atheist.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 22, 2012
I think some of these pastors are atheists already and just pretend to be one of the Christians in order to fleece them.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by cyrexx: 7:56pm On Jun 22, 2012
fellis: I think some of these pastors are atheists already and just pretend to be one of the Christians in order to fleece them.

yes, i fully agree with you. read this story about a former pastor Dan Barker

http://ffrf.org/legacy/books/lfif/?t=lostfaith
Re: What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by logicboy01: 9:46pm On Jun 22, 2012
fellis: I think some of these pastors are atheists already and just pretend to be one of the Christians in order to fleece them.

I wouldnt be surprised if that is true
Re: What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by ijawkid(m): 8:55am On Jun 23, 2012
Lmao.....

That's nt me business....

All I'll do is find out why he became 1..
Re: What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by logicboy01: 8:57am On Jun 23, 2012
ijawkid: Lmao.....

That's nt me business....

All I'll do is find out why he became 1..

What if it is a good reason that changed him?
Re: What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:02am On Jun 23, 2012
He will become an "atheism-made man". wink
logicboy01: What if Oyedepo became an atheist?
Re: What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by logicboy01: 9:12am On Jun 23, 2012
Jenwitemi: He will become an "atheism-made man". wink

Please, stop quoting Oyedepo. The guy is full of nonsense quotes; "a self made man is a self destroyed man". Sense, it doesnt make.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by ijawkid(m): 10:16am On Jun 23, 2012
logicboy01:

What if it is a good reason that changed him?

Reasons like what

That he got tired of slapping people all in d name of Jesus??...:-)
Re: What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by logicboy01: 10:23am On Jun 23, 2012
ijawkid:

Reasons like what

That he got tired of slapping people all in d name of Jesus??...:-)

Yes.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by ijawkid(m): 10:47am On Jun 23, 2012
logicboy01:

Yes.

That's nt gonna be enough for him to become an atheist.....
Re: What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 23, 2012
Maybe ppl stop paying tithes...
Re: What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by mazaje(m): 12:48pm On Jun 23, 2012
Personally, I don't believe that pastors like Sign Fireman, Benny Hinn, Paula White, Myers, Rev King, Kenneth Copeland etc are christians. . .I believe many of them are atheist but need to continue the scam for the money and fame it provides them. . . .I know of few catholic priest that are atheist. . . .
Re: What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by logicboy01: 1:59pm On Jun 23, 2012
mazaje: Personally, I don't believe that pastors like Sign Fireman, Benny Hinn, Paula White, Myers, Rev King, Kenneth Copeland etc are christians. . .I believe many of them are atheist but need to continue the scam for the money and fame it provides them. . . .I know of few catholic priest that are atheist. . . .

Yes, a lot of catholic priests become atheists. There is one on youtube that comments on his atheism
Re: What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by Avicenna: 2:10pm On Jun 23, 2012
I intend to maximize the shock when I out myself. The only thing stopping me is I do not want to kill my mother. She will figure it out herself. When that happens, the shock I will unleash on my religious colleagues......
Hope they reason properly......if they do not manage to slaughter me!

The effect of a religious leader abandoning his faith is far reaching. I will not be surprised if some people deconverts along with him.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by logicboy01: 2:27pm On Jun 23, 2012
Avicenna: I intend to maximize the shock when I out myself. The only thing stopping me is I do not want to kill my mother. She will figure it out herself. When that happens, the shock I will unleash on my religious colleagues......
Hope they reason properly......if they do not manage to slaughter me!

The effect of a religious leader abandoning his faith is far reaching. I will not be surprised if some people deconverts along with him.

shocked shocked shocked

Apostacy is not easy.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by Avicenna: 2:39pm On Jun 23, 2012
logicboy01:

shocked shocked shocked

Apostacy is not easy.

At all.
I watched a video of them slaughtering someone a while ago. They still manage to justify that in the Modafucking Quran.
I v got something I'm planning. I will start here soon.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by logicboy01: 3:05pm On Jun 23, 2012
Avicenna:

At all.
I watched a video of them slaughtering someone a while ago. They still manage to justify that in the Modafucking Quran.
I v got something I'm planning. I will start here soon.

Dont worry, you got my support wink
Re: What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:38pm On Jun 23, 2012
Atheism doesn't just start in a day.

Re: What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by logicboy01: 6:43pm On Jun 23, 2012
OLAADEGBU: Atheism doen't just start in a day.

[img]http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Descent_of_the_Modernists,_E._J._Pace,_Christian_Cartoons,_1922.jpg[/img]

What is your point?
Re: What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:49pm On Jun 23, 2012
logicboy01:

What is your point?

If you look at the picture you will realise that such pastors had lost it long time ago and as a result his preaching would be how to rationalise, subtract and add to the Bible as you can see below. This can only happen where the church doesnt pray and correct their pastors.

Re: What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by logicboy01: 6:51pm On Jun 23, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

If you look at the picture you will realise that such pastors had lost it long time ago and as a result his preaching would be how to rationalise, subtract and add to the Bible as you can see below. This can only happen where the church doesnt pray and correct their pastors.

However, is that a good thing? Questioning your faith and finding out that the bible is not infallible?
Re: What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:09pm On Jun 23, 2012
logicboy01:

However, is that a good thing? Questioning your faith and finding out that the bible is not infallible?

The honourable thing for them to do is to resign instead of attempting to stretch the truth.

Re: What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by logicboy01: 11:59pm On Jun 23, 2012
Hahaha funny picture! This is the only one I respect out of all your cartoons.

Re: What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by rezzy: 3:28pm On Jun 24, 2012
If my General Overseer suddenly says God does not exist, that does can never stop me from shouting God is good
Re: What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by logicboy01: 3:31pm On Jun 24, 2012
rezzy: If my General Overseer suddenly says God does not exist, that does can never stop me from shouting God is good

You wouldnt ask him why he left the church?
Re: What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by UyiIredia(m): 3:18am On Jun 25, 2012
Simple. I'll stop attending my pastorks church. However I'm a 100% sure and pray that my pastor won't fall into atheism.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Pastor Or Priest Becomes An Atheist? by logicboy01: 10:23pm On Jun 26, 2012
Uyi Iredia: Simple. I'll stop attending my pastorks church. However I'm a 100% sure and pray that my pastor won't fall into atheism.

It can happen to any pastor that is willing to tell the truth

(1) (Reply)

10 Mythological Ways To Become Immortal. / Gofamint Convention (astonishing Christ) / See Why Christians Stop Going To Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.