Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,498 members, 7,932,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 10:11 AM

GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser (12127 Views)

Obama Appoints Adewale Adeyemo As Deputy National Security Adviser / Rear-admiral Alison Madueke (rtd) Flies In Legal Team To Defend His Wife Diezani / BREAKING: Buhari Appoints Col. Hamidu Ali As His Chief Of Staff - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by nduchucks: 1:56am On Jun 23, 2012
Hmmm.

excerp

The new NSA, Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) is a one-time ADC to former military Head of State, General Ibrahim Babanginda.

[b]Col Dasuki is a Prince of the Sokoto Caliphate. [/b]He was retired from the Nigerian Army during the era of the late military Head of State, General Sani Abacha.

The announcement was made shortly after the President summoned an emergency security council meeting with all the security chiefs upon his arrival from Brazil.

Prior to the president’s departure for the Rio+20 Summit in Brazil, Kaduna and Yobe States witnessed series of suicide bombings and violence between security operatives and members of the Islamic sect, Boko Haram.

The radical sect which seeks to establish an Islamic caliphate in states across northern Nigeria, has been raging violent insurgency in the region, claiming hundreds of lives and destroying government properties, schools, military formations and Churches.

The Special Adviser to the president on Media and publicity, Dr Reuben Abati announced the dismissals and appointment on social media network, Twitter, posting that the “NSA Azazi dropped, Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) new NSA. Minister of Defence also dropped. Further details later.”

The two sacked security chiefs were in the security council meeting, earlier in the day with the president.

Dr Reuben Abati in an interview with Channels Television, stated that the president summoned the national security council meeting to evaluate the security situation of the country after his arrival.

He added that “the decision (dismissal of the NSA and Minister of Defence) that was announced is a follow-up to the meeting this afternoon.”

When asked whether the dismissal was as a result of the inability of the security chiefs to handle the state of security in northern Nigeria, Dr Abati, dodged the question, saying that “I will not tell you that the decision Mr President has taken was a judgement on the performance of the two gentlemen that are involved.”

“What I can tell you is that the decision that has been taken, is part of an attempt, in the series of attempts by the president to ensure that Nigeria people are further re-assured and that also, every step is being taken and where there are lapses, efforts can be made that those lapses should be corrected and possible efforts will be made to reassure Nigerians, that the administration is on top of the situation and President Jonathan is determined to ensure the safety, the security of lives and properties.”

The president is expected to send the name of yet to be announced Minister of Defence to the National Assembly for appropriate screening.

It is however unclear whether the Minister of State for Defence, Erelu Olusola Obada is affected by the shake-up of the security chiefs.

Source

Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by nduchucks: 2:17am On Jun 23, 2012
Hopefully, Dasuki can help negotiate terms for the disarmament of BH. Negotiations need to begin immediately with the condition that BH declares an immediate cease fire.
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by koruji(m): 3:04am On Jun 23, 2012
So now BH would be ready to negotiate a ceasefire? I wonder why?

What has changed so much to move a bunch of blood-hounds who blew up more than 3 christian churces just last weekend and declared even deadlier bombings ahead to the negotiating table?

More fundamental, what are the items to negotiate with BH?

Wondering minds want to know!!!

ndu_chucks: Hopefully, Dasuki can help negotiate terms for the disarmament of BH. Negotiations need to begin immediately with the condition that BH declares an immediate cease fire.
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by musiwa1: 5:59am On Jun 23, 2012
cc

1 Like

Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by lilkech(m): 9:34am On Jun 23, 2012
hmm . . . yet another f00l to take charge over a drowning ship
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 23, 2012
musiwa1: my opinion is making Col. Sambo Dasuki fight his people, is going to be hard.. i think finding solution to the problem should be what we should be looking for..

\i dont think you want to pitch dasuki against his people.. we should look at what are the solution to solving the problem of the satellite pictures and prevent war in nigeria. because initially, they made all type of claim.. that it was jonathan, buhari, USA etc bombing every where. but with video. you now see it is northerners. so what are the solution to the problem..

you have a satellite pictures. It will not go away. Northerners are not going to agree. I dont blame them. they are human. so like I said before. you have few solution..
the more people see the satellite pictures, the more violent you see. northerners are hard.. even appointing 10 new dasuki, you still need solution to solve this.
Its a security strategy, we ofcourse know he will not exterminate his people, but will be forced to do so if they fail to obey their kinsman to stop shedding of blood. If you put another tribes person there, they will tag it tribalism against them. It works every time, let them go speak Hausa and end it or they will get droned out.
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by bid4rich(m): 9:46am On Jun 23, 2012
One fail and another is about to fail again. What do you expect? Flies must always support shit
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by idnole4(m): 9:47am On Jun 23, 2012
Is it true that Dasuki is IBB former ADC?
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by maasoap(m): 9:48am On Jun 23, 2012
Billyonaire: Its a security strategy, we ofcourse know he will not exterminate his people, but will be forced to do so if they fail to obey their kinsman to stop shedding of blood. If you put another tribes person there, they will tag it tribalism against them. It works every time, let them go speak Hausa and end it or they will get droned out.
His people were being exterminated before, do you think he can cause more damages? Because you people just sounded like Boko Haram were being pampered before.
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by yavo2: 9:51am On Jun 23, 2012
The caliphate has been known for her peaceful gestures in the midst of crisis. Check the history of religious crisis in northern nigeria. I think its a good move by the president. But whether this will quench the thirst for blood by the islamists is yet to be seen!
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by maasoap(m): 9:52am On Jun 23, 2012
Jonascam Jonafraud is learning gradually that Nigerian affairs do not literally means Ijaw affairs just because an Ijaw man happened to be our president.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by pingpong1: 9:52am On Jun 23, 2012
Billyonaire: Its a security strategy, we ofcourse know he will not exterminate his people, but will be forced to do so if they fail to obey their kinsman to stop shedding of blood. If you put another tribes person there, they will tag it tribalism against them. It works every time, let them go speak Hausa and end it or they will get droned out.

The NSA does not command any troop. Let's not get our hopes high.
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by Slizbeat(m): 9:52am On Jun 23, 2012
On point. He knows his people and would be forced to expose them if he is interested in the unity of the nation. Just ma view.
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 23, 2012
maasoap: His people were being exterminated before, do you think he can cause more damages? Because you people just sounded like Boko Haram were being pampered before.
There were not pampered, but this time, they will receive all round catastrophe. Next stage will be declaring state of emergency in any state that there is violence and sacking the governor, and replacing him with military administrators. Shall we begin......
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 23, 2012
ping pong:

The NSA does not command any troop. Let's not get our hopes high.
We know that, but all actions taken against those maggots will be deemed to come from NSA, from drone attacks, to state of emergencies and sacking of lazy governors.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by redsun(m): 10:12am On Jun 23, 2012
If he like,let him put jesus or mohammad incharge of security theoretically,nigeria will still be eaten by jackals.The key problrm of nigeria is indiscipline form the top.Even in the midst of the war,the socalled senators are still bribing,looting and maiming the masses they "intend" to protect.

Nigeria has no security network and intelligence whatsoever because of endemic corruption and gross irresponsibility among leadership and there no way a country can be securely protected without a defined security network and intelligence.

Prolifiration of CCTV cameras in strategic location,manned 24/7.Mobile police undercover network.Well equipped and well paid police personnels and most of all,ACCOUNTABILITY among leadership are the key factors that quarantees a relatively secured and peaceful society.

People have to give accounts of their dealings and giving accounts means earning their places in the society.Those that deserves to be be in jail will go to jail and those that derserves to be honoured,will be honouredIf not,you will end up with a rogue society like we have in nigeria today.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by nagoma(m): 10:17am On Jun 23, 2012
Billyonaire: There were not pampered, but this time, they will receive all round catastrophe. Next stage will be declaring state of emergency in any state that there is violence and sacking the governor, and replacing him with military administrators. Shall we begin......

Sacking a PDP governor! You are deluded. As for state of emergency , we have seen many but we have not seen their benefit.
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by dplordx(m): 10:18am On Jun 23, 2012
Not a bad move, though some tribalist would have preferred Azazi to remain while the nation burns.
Dasuki is a core Northerner, and he understands those animals. When you can identify the problem, solving it becomes easy.
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by murtalaa(m): 10:24am On Jun 23, 2012
Hmnn....GEJ is beginning to realise that not every position in government can be ijawlized.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 23, 2012
nagoma:

Sacking a PDP governor! You are deluded. As for state of emergency , we have seen many but we have not seen their benefit.
Did I mention a specific governor ? Why are in the inhabit of insulting ? is stupid!ty in your family's DNA ?
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by kinguwem: 10:27am On Jun 23, 2012
Why was Col. Dasuki retired by the late Gen. Abacha?
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by Bukkyade: 10:29am On Jun 23, 2012
ndu_chucks: Hopefully, Dasuki can help negotiate terms for the disarmament of BH. Negotiations need to begin immediately with the condition that BH declares an immediate cease fire.

What sort of useless negotiation are you talking about? How can human beings negotiate with animals, I hope you are not one of them? If you are God is watching you and your end is near.
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by nagoma(m): 10:31am On Jun 23, 2012
redsun: If he like,let him put jesus or mohammad incharge of security theoretically,nigeria will still be eaten by jackals.
Prolifiration of CCTV cameras in strategic location,manned 24/7.Mobile police undercover network.Well equipped and well paid police personnels and most of all,ACCOUNTABILITY among leadership are the key factors that quarantees a relatively secured and peaceful society.
People have to give accounts of their dealings and giving accounts means earning their places in the society.Those that deserves to be be in jail will go to jail and those that derserves to be honoured,will be honouredIf not,you will end up with a rogue society like we have in nigeria today.

You are right brother. As for CcTV cameras , that is now a big area of contract spending. Millions of Naira/ Dollars have been spent in the purchase of such equipment and many installed especially decorating the streets in Abuja - But the cameras are not working. As with majority of government projects in Nigeria , the actual purpose is the money. Once money is pocketed no one cares what works or what doesn't .

1 Like

Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by rapu4real: 10:34am On Jun 23, 2012
From this move i can see clearly day d FG is rilly incharge of BH..they put in a spy as NSA boss in order 2 leak out information on possible drone attacks by U.S....Jona is rilly bloodthirsty & enjoying all of dis.
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by Willzkid(m): 10:34am On Jun 23, 2012
musiwa1: my opinion is making Col. Sambo Dasuki fight his people, is going to be hard.. i think finding solution to the problem should be what we should be looking for..

\i dont think you want to pitch dasuki against his people.. we should look at what are the solution to solving the problem of the satellite pictures and prevent war in nigeria. because initially, they made all type of claim.. that it was jonathan, buhari, USA etc bombing every where. but with video. you now see it is northerners. so what are the solution to the problem..

you have a satellite pictures. It will not go away. Northerners are not going to agree. I dont blame them. they are human. so like I said before. you have few solution..
the more people see the satellite pictures, the more violent you see. northerners are hard.. even appointing 10 new dasuki, you still need solution to solve this.
Can seun and his crew of supermods open a "maps" or "cartography" section for this guy, already and confine him there ,already?
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by Willzkid(m): 10:34am On Jun 23, 2012

Can seun and his crew of supermods open a "maps" or "cartography" section for this guy, already and confine him there ,already?
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by Willzkid(m): 10:35am On Jun 23, 2012

Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by redsun(m): 10:35am On Jun 23, 2012
What is actually the problem of nigeria?The problem of nigeria is fundamental fo-olishness that includes brain washed religion,brainwashed education and the burning urge for people to steal from themselves.

People steal from themselves because they don't think much of theselves.And when people don't think much of themselves,it means they don't understand who they are.Something you can not say of rats,something you can not say of ants,that knows their places in creation.That is why they don't expect jesus or allah to come and help them uphold their respective societies and raised their young.No,they do it themselves because they understand the rhythms of nature that blackman seems to have lost,hence his perpetual miseries,like hell on earth.
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by Nickonomakaveli(m): 10:43am On Jun 23, 2012
id-nole4:
Is it true that Dasuki is IBB former ADC?
Yea,datz right,he would ve bin killed durin abacha era bt he went into exile.
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by sheriffman(m): 10:50am On Jun 23, 2012
Shehu Sani wrote:In 1995,Abachas security forces declared us wanted.Myself and others were arrested at our homes.Col Sambo Dasuki jumped thru the window and escaped to a life of exile in America.The cell he cud have been deposited remained empty.Bcoz of Sambos escape,Sultan Dasuki had to pay the price.Dasuki was deposed nd detained in Zing,Taraba state.Today Col Sambo is the new NSA.Hello,Col Sambo, I know you a...
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 23, 2012
Willzkid:

cheesy The man is in the habit of disturbing us with "satellite pictures" after a good dose of Amala & Ewedu soup. I think he should be sent to space cos from there, he can have a good aerial view of his pictures undecided
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by sheriffman(m): 10:53am On Jun 23, 2012
Sambo Dasuki was a Coup plotter that went on exile for so many years. He was supposed to earn a dishonour dismissal from the Army,but due to the influence of his father he was granted a presidential pardon. What on earth makes Jonathan thinks that he can do better, AZAZI was just a victim of his own truth.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court / PDP Chairmanship: 8 Reasons Why Secondus Stands Out Among Other Aspirants / INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Sanwo Olu - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.