Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,574 members, 7,932,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 12:26 PM

GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser (12128 Views)

Obama Appoints Adewale Adeyemo As Deputy National Security Adviser / Rear-admiral Alison Madueke (rtd) Flies In Legal Team To Defend His Wife Diezani / BREAKING: Buhari Appoints Col. Hamidu Ali As His Chief Of Staff - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by Tropilo(m): 2:59pm On Jun 23, 2012
shadrach77:
how did you know his dad was not supposed to be sultan? Abacha deposed Sultan Dasuki because he wasn't in support of his regime smiley smiley smiley

IBB rigged Dasuki in as Sultan cos of his personal relationship with him. After he was named as sultan there was very serious protests and rioting by the people of Sokoto who are perceived up until this day as being very peaceful. So one of the things Abacha had to do to be accepted by the caliphat and northerners generally was to right that wrong.
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by Arosa(m): 3:30pm On Jun 23, 2012
TRUTHTELA: He has met the conditions given to him by the Northerners, but he has failed to learn from history. Simply cos he wants to hold onto power @ all cost. His days are numbered for sure.

Lets hope GEJ knows what he is doing.
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by nduchucks: 3:38pm On Jun 23, 2012
bakila:

If indeed that statement is in anyway from Azazi, then Nigerians are in soup. The office of NSA is very strategic to National Cohesion that GEJ employed Azazi in that place at all shows that the man has an idontcare attitude to very serious matters.

I wouldn't make that up. That was Azazi's reaction to his sacking, via his media spokesman. Here's the source.

The time has come to negotiate a cease fire, but the strategy must include carrots and sticks, if you know hwat I mean.
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by nduchucks: 3:43pm On Jun 23, 2012
Kobojunkie:

How did Colonel Sambo Dasuki become Alhaji Ibrahim Dasuki? Is this a case of "they have the same last name so they have to be the same person"? undecided

LWKMD, can you imagine how daft the guy is?
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by DaRapture: 3:48pm On Jun 23, 2012
ndu_chucks: Hopefully, Dasuki can help negotiate terms for the disarmament of BH. Negotiations need to begin immediately with the condition that BH declares an immediate cease fire.

You don't negotiate with terrorist, you either eliminate them and or force them to succumb to your demands.
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by Pedekunle(m): 3:48pm On Jun 23, 2012
redsun: If he like,let him put jesus or mohammad incharge of security theoretically,nigeria will still be eaten by jackals.The key problrm of nigeria is indiscipline form the top.Even in the midst of the war,the socalled senators are still bribing,looting and maiming the masses they "intend" to protect.

Nigeria has no security network and intelligence whatsoever because of endemic corruption and gross irresponsibility among leadership and there no way a country can be securely protected without a defined security network and intelligence.

Prolifiration of CCTV cameras in strategic location,manned 24/7.Mobile police undercover network.Well equipped and well paid police personnels and most of all,ACCOUNTABILITY among leadership are the key factors that quarantees a relatively secured and peaceful society.

People have to give accounts of their dealings and giving accounts means earning their places in the society.Those that deserves to be be in jail will go to jail and those that derserves to be honoured,will be honouredIf not,you will end up with a rogue society like we have in nigeria today.
Foooolish talk. Jesus na your papa mate wey you dey equate Him with your corrupt system?
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 23, 2012
ndu_chucks:

I wouldn't make that up. That was Azazi's reaction to his sacking, via his media spokesman. Here's the source.

The time has come to negotiate a cease fire, but the strategy must include carrots and sticks, if you know hwat I mean.

Why do we have to negotiate with BH? Have we exulted all other options? I will rather pick any of the options below than negotiate with a group that is responsible for murdering over 1500 innocent Nigerians in sacred places of worship WITHOUT ANY JUST CAUSE:

1.Break up this country - If we had only listened to Gideon Okar!

2.Relocate all non Muslims from the north - So that shekau and his gang can worship their blood thirsty gods in whatever fashion they deem fit

3.Express in its fulness, Nigeria military might - Extra judicial of killings innocent citizens? go ask victims of all the church bombings!
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by DaRapture: 4:10pm On Jun 23, 2012
rapu4real: From this move i can see clearly day d FG is rilly incharge of BH..they put in a spy as NSA boss in order 2 leak out information on possible drone attacks by U.S....Jona is rilly bloodthirsty & enjoying all of dis.

Not possible. The US does not share such information. The CIA at current definitely has agents and informants crawling, and satellites scanning all over Nigeria gathering information, they send that information to CIA headquarters where it is organized and put together to achieve an objective, once things are in line the information is sent to the American NSA who intern looks over it, and if seen as satisfactory, he then turns the information over to the American president who then makes the decision to act or not on the information.

Once an affirmed presidential decision is established, orders are given to the appropriate armed forces branch and or agency, who in turn execute the action. Very rarely does the US gov. alert a nation as to their plans on when they'll be striking a target in their nation, they just do it.

In the case of Nigeria; knowing how compromised its security networks and gov. has become, there is no way in hell that the US will give them any iota of a clue as to what they know about the whereabouts of certain individuals and when they plan on killing them.
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by nduchucks: 4:14pm On Jun 23, 2012
DaRapture:

You don't negotiate with terrorist, you either eliminate them and or force them to succumb to your demands.

Please sir, give me an example of where you or any other entity eliminated terrorists such as BH, Al-Quaeda, or forced them to succumb to your demands. If you can't do that, please tell us which specific actions gave you success.

@oxford, it is obvious that you are not very bright.
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by Dede1(m): 4:38pm On Jun 23, 2012
All these sacking and appointing are clear examples that Nigeria is a piece of joke. I could not stop laughing when I read that minister of defense was also sacked for internal disorder.

The president should have established internal security apparatus with fangs. I remembered when GEJ fired the minister of interior and I wondered if there was any security group controlled by the minister. In real countries, interior ministry controls the crack outfits such as internal wing of KGB, M15 etc.
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by DaRapture: 4:44pm On Jun 23, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Please sir, give me an example of where you or any other entity eliminated terrorists such as BH, Al-Quaeda, or forced them to succumb to your demands. If you can't do that, please tell us which specific actions gave you success.

@oxford, it is obvious that you are not very bright.

The book is not yet written. smiley
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 23, 2012
Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd) was named in a coup plot during Abacha regime. He escaped the coup trial when he narrowly escaped abroad. His father, Alh. Ibrahim Dasuki the then sultan of Sokoto was removed and deposed. Col. Sambo was in exile, during his period in exile, he was at a time with Sultan of Brunel as a security expert. He returned to Nigeria during Obasanjo regime and was in charge of a federal government agency for a short time.

He is refined,urbane, fine gentleman, an intelligent and a combatant soldier. He is liberal, a bridge builder an highly interconnected man (locally and internationally) and a very generous man. At this point of our nation history, bridge building and interconnection of men of yester years and players of present
day politics will certainly come to play.

Congratulations to the new NSA. I wish him good health and divine wisdom to fulfil the task.

babaolofin
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 23, 2012
While welcoming Col. Sambo Dasuki (Rtd), I also appreciate the efforts put up by Gen. Azazi (Rtd).He is a fine gentleman and a thoroughly bredmilitary intelligence officer. Comparing the scenario of MEND to Boko Haram, and selection of an Ijaw man as NSA by Jonathan as done by Ndu Chuks is to create more confusion. What is MEND fighting for? What is Boko Haram fighting for? Did Azazi failed because he is Jonathan kinsman? is this the first time the president tribal man will be the NSA in Nigeria?
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by DaLover(m): 11:32am On Jun 24, 2012
ndu_chucks:

But did Azazi have hard evidence against Buhari? or he just wanted to ridicule him, Buhari seems like a hard man, I don't think he will spill any beans except under rigorous physical torturing...can someone as high profile be tortured? I really don't know?

I personally believe Buhari has some links with the violence we are experiencing at the moment, but If I was GEJ, I still wouldn't arrest him without hard evidence

With regards to your negotiations with BH haram, while I can agree in principle, i am racking my head to know what the basis for negotiations is going to be...
BH sponsors want to do away with a southern president, and GEJ for 2015 while the foot terrorist insist on islamization...so where will the GEJ government find the middle ground?

With mend the middle ground was rehabilitation of the militants and a promise to develop the 9ja delta region, as against the demand for resource control by militants

It will be interesting to know what will make the BH mmilitants seize their raign of terror.
Re: GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 30, 2012
Ordinarily, It is better to keep quiet. I assume the speaker does not know the gravity of what is at stake and this forum may not be the best place. I am yet to see a terrorist group operating within US or any other country by the citizen of that country and yet sitting on a negotiation table with the government of that country. It may be the option in Nigeria today. Mind you, another negotiatiation may be needed tomorrow for another group with yet unknown name. They may called themselves Salvation Army, the CRUSADERS,the SOJA of the cross, eastern niger army, Ooodua liberation Army etc. General Azazi knows the cause of this problem and so some other people. He has given an hint of the problem at SS summit. Chief chukwumerije said something about it sometime ago during an Igbo conference, Lamido Sanusi mentioned jumbo revenue allocation to some states, we have the issue of high level poverty and mass graduate unemployment while some people are very rich doing nothing or very little.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ubah Set As Anambra's Otedola / $9.3m Deal: Northern Muslims Accuse FG Of Cover-up / NASS Leadership: Kalu Meets With Lawan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.