Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,675 members, 7,951,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 03:31 AM

Wimbledon 2012 - Sports (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wimbledon 2012 (37926 Views)

Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon / Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match / Wimbledon 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wimbledon 2012 by chic2pimp(m): 5:22pm On Jul 07, 2012
fredoooooo:

hahahaha i saw you behind the sofa too grin grin grin

Gerraway jor!!! angry grin grin grin....... I was hiding at the back of my bunk bed grin grin

Egba girl:

Fed cant lose tmr! Infact, it is not possible. Im starting my prayer and fasting this evening until the end of the match.
LMAO!! @hiding at the back of the sofa. matter of fact, I already closed my laptop and was beginning to take my mind of the game until she came back!

I'll be shocked and amazed if Fed looses 2moro.
For that to happen Murray has to hope He plays below the level he did vs Djokovic cuz if Federer plays anywhere near that level he'll simply win.
Plus Murray has to take every single opportunity he gets because they won't be that many.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by chic2pimp(m): 5:33pm On Jul 07, 2012
Egba girl: But guys,I have a question? Why do these players like falling and lying on the grass when they win?

On the rare occasions it's genuine i.e someone winning his/her first Granslam/Wimbledon title but on most occasions it's so false it's untrue.

fredoooooo:

NO , the media attnention and the hype. common she just won a slam .Even steffi did not have the attention given to her then . sice then i see her as an overeated athlete

Nah it was simply because she was the complete package....The marketing man's dream.

Beauty(Blue eyed blonde that appeals to the masses)+ Ability rolled into one unlike Kournikova who had only beauty or Navratilova who only had ability.
The last player I remember that had that special combination was Chris Evert.
Ivanovic seemed like she would be the next one with that rare combination but she has gone downhill

Btw whatever happened to NICOLE VAIDASOVA?
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by maclatunji: 5:33pm On Jul 07, 2012
chic2pimp:

Tbh she did not exactly say that..... It was Sue Barker that asked her if 30 was the new 20?

Comot jor!!!!....Shey Nah Sharapova fault wey she beat Rena ni? grin

And she said yes.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by fredoooooo: 5:37pm On Jul 07, 2012
chic2pimp:

On the rare occasions it's genuine i.e someone winning his/her first Granslam/Wimbledon title but on most occasions it's so false it's untrue.

Nah it was simply because she was the complete package....The marketing man's dream.

Beauty(Blue eyed blonde that appeals to the masses)+ Ability rolled into one unlike Kournikova who had only beauty or Navratilova who only had ability.
Ivanovic seemed like she would be the next one with that rare combination but she has gone downhill[/

[b]Btw whatever happened to NICOLE VAIDASOVA?

let them go model or act film , this is tennis for goodness sake .............

Vaidisova retired because she got married
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Santino1(m): 5:43pm On Jul 07, 2012
chic2pimp:

Ivanovic seemed like she would be the next one with that rare combination but she has gone downhill

Btw whatever happened to NICOLE VAIDASOVA?

God bless you....

fredoooooo:

let them go model or act film , this is tennis for goodness sake

I just hope this your beefing no go give you hypertension... tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Santino1(m): 5:48pm On Jul 07, 2012
fredoooooo:

though that is what is widely believed, but her dad said it's her ''dramatic loss of interest in tennis''
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by fredoooooo: 5:51pm On Jul 07, 2012
Santino1:

God bless you....

[/b]

I just hope this your beefing no go give you hypertension... tongue tongue tongue tongue

geraway jor grin grin grin grin ,SERENA RULE
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by chic2pimp(m): 6:11pm On Jul 07, 2012
maclatunji:

And she said yes.

C'mon now ofcourse she was only ever going to say yes.....

Santino1:

God bless you....
AMEN!!!... Don't mind Fredooooo Serena's Bakassi has distorted his reasoning grin grin

fredoooooo:

See hating from Fredooo grin grin grin grin
Abeg don't blame us jare. Some of us were wonderfully and fearfully made. We possess beauty and ability rolled into one.
Btw No kidding...You mean she ended up marrying Stephanek? It means hope dey for all of una oooo. Classic case of Beauty and the beast.

Santino1: [/b]

though that is what is widely believed, but her dad said it's her ''dramatic loss of interest in tennis''
Or is it this?
Much like Golovin, burn out probably played a big role in her decision to quit the sport.

fredoooooo:

geraway jor grin grin grin grin ,SERENA RULE

Yes nau I agree with u.......UP SERENA BAKASSI......SERENA IKEBE RULEZZZZZ grin grin grin grin
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Santino1(m): 6:26pm On Jul 07, 2012
chic2pimp:

AMEN!!!... Don't mind Fredooooo Serena's Bakassi has distorted his reasoning grin grin

Abeg don't blame us jare. Some of us were wonderfully and fearfully made. We possess beauty and ability rolled into one.
Btw No kidding...You mean she ended up marrying Stephanek? It means hope dey for all of una oooo. Classic case of Beauty and the beast.

Or is it this?
Much like Golovin, burn out probably played a big role in her decision to quit the sport.

Yes nau I agree with u.......UP SERENA BAKASSI......SERENA IKEBE RULEZZZZZ grin grin grin grin

Classic....No more comment... tongue tongue tongue
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by fredoooooo: 6:34pm On Jul 07, 2012
chic2pimp:

Or is it this?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin LWKM here o grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin . i swear i will report you to dayo and muki ........ grin grin grin grin grin grin

who are the una , heheheheheheh fine boy no pimples grin grin vaidisova was in love period grin
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by fredoooooo: 6:36pm On Jul 07, 2012
Santino1:

Classic....No more comment... tongue tongue tongue

swear say you no like the ikebe super grin grin grin grin

more of tennis than that ikebe grin grin grin
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Santino1(m): 6:48pm On Jul 07, 2012
fredoooooo:

what is there to like in that thing that keeps distracting ''serious-minded'' people like me... wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by chic2pimp(m): 7:22pm On Jul 07, 2012
fredoooooo:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin LWKM here o grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin . i swear i will report you to dayo and muki ........ grin grin grin grin grin grin

who are the una , heheheheheheh fine boy no pimples grin grin vaidisova was in love period grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin........Ahn ahn it's not you nau tongue grin grin...I was refering to the likes of Seun and co I dey refer to ooo grin grin grin

Fine boy ke? I think must have mistaken yourself for yours truly grin....Nah me dem dey Mini Denzel grin.
Abeg she is not in love jor....Nah Jazz the bobo use jare. As I talk b4 hope dey for all of una ooo grin grin grin grin

fredoooooo:

I noe like Ikebe jor angry...... Nah Tennis I come watch not Gigantic Ikebe shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by chic2pimp(m): 7:23pm On Jul 07, 2012
Santino1:

what is there to like in that thing that keeps distracting ''serious-minded'' people like me... wink wink wink wink wink

No mind am.....Distracting serious minded folks like us

He thinks everybody is a Bakassi fanatic like him grin
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by ortopazz(m): 7:32pm On Jul 07, 2012
[quote author=chic2pimp]

grin grin grin grin.........Did u cry in 2004 when serena lost to sharapova?

Dnt knw what will make me like white biatches like sharapova or wozniacki, imagine one wey kill me pass she became number1 without evn winning a grandslam, tennis experts queried their tech,.

Just noticed o! If serena n venus retire e go bad o! No blacks to play female tennis again, certainly nt good.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by ortopazz(m): 7:32pm On Jul 07, 2012
Reason am, fed lose to Murray o please thats like in 5yrz time, the only guy wey evn fedi knw say go beat am black comot blue na My Homeboy King Nadal, I pity Fedi whenever the guy draw Nadal, case in view 2o11 after fedi comot djoker 4 semi,wey im jamb King Nadi 4 final, after the game, federer cried, I just pitied the poor man.

So what will happen is if that boy murray doesnt win 2mao in the presence of Willy n Middy, plus davo.C, I mean he will have to wait 4 years b4 he reaches a final again cos
Those 3 boys King Nadal, djoker n fedi wil rattle any1 nxt tournament.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by fredoooooo: 7:33pm On Jul 07, 2012
Santino1:

chic2pimp:

No mind am.....Distracting serious minded folks like us

He thinks everybody is a Bakassi fanatic like him grin

o jigbi jigbi jigbi ............ i no fit laugh jare grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by ortopazz(m): 7:35pm On Jul 07, 2012
D grin grin grin.........Did u cry in 2004 when serena lost to sharapova?

Dnt knw what will make me like white biatches like sharapova or wozniacki, imagine one wey kill me pass she became number1 without evn winning a grandslam, tennis pundits queried that shyt.

Just noticed o! If serena n venus retire e go bad o! No blacks to play female tennis again, certainly nt good.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Lovren(m): 7:45pm On Jul 07, 2012
This is simple mathematics guys.. Body wieght + Arm strenght / the tennis ball.. Simply equals = A 122 miles per hour forehand grand strokes and 115 miles per hour backhand crosscourt passing shots.. Joined together with some unbelivable Aces and incredible movement, awareness on the court.. If it had me... AS A TENNIS PLAYER AVE GOT ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE... Even u.. Yes u..
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by ortopazz(m): 7:50pm On Jul 07, 2012
As I was going thru pages 18 abi 17 wey fred n Afam bin go hide my heart wan break, me think Serena bin fall hans, I thank God say she tidy that chik 4kupz,

cONGRATS MISS.SERENA WJLLIAMZ

BUH SERENA RESEMBLE GUY 4 COURT O! Her arms r muscular mehn, buh fresh chiks like Venus, I believe ur tym wil be nxt tournament, gurl set die,
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by chic2pimp(m): 9:34pm On Jul 07, 2012
The Williams Sisters playing the doubles finals!!!
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by chic2pimp(m): 10:02pm On Jul 07, 2012
.....And the Williams sisters break

Rena serving for the First set
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by chic2pimp(m): 10:08pm On Jul 07, 2012
There goes the First set.......William Sisters lead by one set
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by chic2pimp(m): 10:27pm On Jul 07, 2012
The Williams sisters break in the second set
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by chic2pimp(m): 10:49pm On Jul 07, 2012
[size=30pt]STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
[/size]

.......AND THE WILLIAMS SISTERS WIN THEIR FIFTH LADIES DOUBLES TITLE!!!!
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by chic2pimp(m): 10:53pm On Jul 07, 2012
5+5+5= WILLIAM'S PERFECTION!!!

5 LADIES SINGLE TITLES FOR VENUS, 5 LADIES SINGLE TITLES FOR SERENA AND 5 LADIES DOUBLE TITLES FOR THE PAIR.....WHAT A CAREER....

AS THE FRENCH WOULD SAY INCREDIBLE!!!
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Egbagirl(f): 1:24am On Jul 08, 2012
Nice!!!! Couldnt watch the match! Not surprised they won. Serena prolly had a lot of vim from winning the singles.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Nobody: 2:54am On Jul 08, 2012
Go Andy Murray! #TeamGB

They can't be hosting wimbledon every year with our tax money, yet no GB player has won it since Fred Perry.... Thank God the era of Tim Henman, the most overrated bum ever is over - it's Murray time... Go #TeamGB!!

Team Nadal, Tsonga, Del Potro, and Murray - Federer needs to retire, and get his wife to lose weight... grin

Federer isn't touching Pete Sampras' record...

Sampras is the idol, Murray is the man..

Leggo!!
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 3:10am On Jul 08, 2012
shymmex: Go Andy Murray! #TeamGB

They can't be hosting wimbledon every year with our tax money, yet no GB player has won it since Fred Perry.... Thank God the era of Tim Henman, the most overrated bum ever is over - it's Murray time... Go #TeamGB!!

Team Nadal, Tsonga, Del Potro, and Murray - Federer needs to retire, and get his wife to lose weight... grin

Federer isn't touching Pete Sampras' record...

Sampras is the idol, Murray is the man..

Leggo!!
And you think Murray is not overated? Murray must be dreaming if he thinks he can win any grandslam while the likes of Federe, Nadal and Djokovic are still alive in the game. Even satan stands more chance of making heaven that Murray winning a grandslam. I dey laugh oo.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Nobody: 3:13am On Jul 08, 2012
afam4eva:
And you think Murray is not overated? Murray must be dreaming if he thinks he can win any grandslam while the likes of Federe, Nadal and Djokovic are still alive in the game. Even satan stands more chance of making heaven that Murray winning a grandslam. I dey laugh oo.

But Murray is still top 4 in the world; just a little bit below the top 3 because of his weak mentality..

You can't compare Andy Murray to Tim Henman - Henman is the most overrated piece of shyte ever... grin

They don't really hype Murray in the UK because he's Scottish but the guy can play.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 3:22am On Jul 08, 2012
shymmex:

But Murray is still top 4 in the world; just a little bit below the top 3 because of his weak mentality..

You can't compare Andy Murray to Tim Henman - Henman is the most overrated piece of shyte ever... grin

They don't really hype Murray in the UK because he's Scottish but the guy can play.
Yeah, he's a good player. That's why he's there in the first place. But he doesn't possess that character needed to beat the big three to win his first grand slam. Even Nabaldian came freom nowhere to win the grandslam but Murray is winning his on the pages of newspaper. Btw, I don't agree that scotish ish. He's very much hyped but maybe not like herman.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Nobody: 4:07am On Jul 08, 2012
afam4eva:
Yeah, he's a good player. That's why he's there in the first place. But he doesn't possess that character needed to beat the big three to win his first grand slam. Even Nabaldian came freom nowhere to win the grandslam but Murray is winning his on the pages of newspaper. Btw, I don't agree that scotish ish. He's very much hyped but maybe not like herman.

Murray isn't a hype job, he has arguably the best backhand (double handed) in the game - and his forehand is one of the best; Tsonga, Del Potro, David Ferrer, and a few other players have better forehands.. His movement, 2nd serve, and weak mentality are what's holding him back...

Nadal is Nadal because of his spins, and killer instinct.... Djokovic's has an all round game, and a very strong mentality....

Federer is Federer because of his serve, all round game, and single backhand winners... Federer's movement isn't really great as well - and his single handed backhand isn't the best in tennis - Gasquet owns that title...

If Murray can play his game later today, serve well, and use the British crowd to stimulate his weak mentality - I believe he can beat Federer... Don't forget Murray is one best serve returners in tennis..

It's going to be a great game, but I'm sticking with Murray... He just needs to start well, and hit the ball to the baseline to force Federer to make unforced errors... You can only beat Federer on the baseline because his backhand is single-handed... That's where Nadal has an edge over Federer..

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (34) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Italy: U-20 Women's World Cup (4 - 0) On Sunday August-26-2012 / Japan Vs Senegal: World Cup (2 - 2) On June 24, 2018 / COVID-19: Six Chelsea Players Test Positive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.