Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,878 members, 7,922,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 06:27 PM

Wimbledon 2012 - Sports (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wimbledon 2012 (37858 Views)

Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon / Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match / Wimbledon 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Lovren(m): 10:25am On Jul 08, 2012
shymmex:

Murray isn't a hype job, he has arguably the best backhand (double handed) in the game - and his forehand is one of the best; Tsonga, Del Potro, David Ferrer, and a few other players have better forehands.. His movement, 2nd serve, and weak mentality are what's holding him back...

Nadal is Nadal because of his spins, and killer instinct.... Djokovic's has an all round game, and a very strong mentality....

Federer is Federer because of his serve, all round game, and single backhand winners... Federer's movement isn't really great as well - and his single handed backhand isn't the best in tennis - Gasquet owns that title...

If Murray can play his game later today, serve well, and use the British crowd to stimulate his weak mentality - I believe he can beat Federer... Don't forget Murray is one best serve returners in tennis..

It's going to be a great game, but I'm sticking with Murray... He just needs to start well, and hit the ball to the baseline to force Federer to make unforced errors... You can only beat Federer on the baseline because his backhand is single-handed... That's where Nadal has an edge over Federer..
. Yea true talk. And one thing i wanna add to the nadal style of play is the way and pattern by which he hits his forehand. If u take a look at the second grandslam of the year, THE ROLAND GAROS. He drills the forehands and finish them around his head in a circular form generate incredible spin and as soon as the ball bounces on the clay, it brushes through the surface and bounce high up to the shoulder level of the reciever. That way the reciever is force to hit the ball above his shoulder and the spin take his absolutely away from the court and even if he manages to push the ball IN (not soon often you see the ball crossing the net) the wicked guy is there waiting for him at the net to finish. And if u can recall. In one of his matches at roland garos when the ball is alittle bit moist and he cant able to generate this kinda forehands. He gets forstrated and angry wif the unpire by thowing the ball away....
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 08, 2012
Lovren: . Yea true talk. And one thing i wanna add to the nadal style of play is the way and pattern by which he hits his forehand. If u take a look at the second grandslam of the year, THE ROLAND GAROS. He drills the forehands and finish them around his head in a circular form generate incredible spin and as soon as the ball bounces on the clay, it brushes through the surface and bounce high up to the shoulder level of the reciever. That way the reciever is force to hit the ball above his shoulder and the spin take his absolutely away from the court and even if he manages to push the ball IN (not soon often you see the ball crossing the net) the wicked guy is there waiting for him at the net to finish. And if u can recall. In one of his matches at roland garos when the ball is alittle bit moist and he cant able to generate this kinda forehands. He gets forstrated and angry wif the unpire by thowing the ball away....

Cosign!! That awkward spin and shoulder level bounce on the baseline is why Nadal will always beat Roger Federer when he's healthy... Single-handed backhand can never hit a winner on shoulder level bounce...

Nadal is the new King - I believe he's going to win more grand slams than Federer... His serve is getting better every year, and once his serve gets on Federer's level - I don't think anyone will be able to stop that guy on all tennis surfaces. grin
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Lovren(m): 11:12am On Jul 08, 2012
shymmex:

Cosign!! That awkward spin and shoulder level bounce on the baseline is why Nadal will always beat Roger Federer when he's healthy... Single-handed backhand can never hit a winner on shoulder level bounce...

Nadal is the new King - I believe he's going to win more grand slams than Federer... His serve is getting better every year, and once his serve gets on Federer's level - I don't think anyone will be able to stop that guy on all tennis surfaces. grin
.. Never. Single handed back can never hit a ball on the shoulder.. Only djokovic tried to neutralise this unbelivable skil by jumping into the air that way he is able to reduce the height of the ball and hit a beta shot... Bt federer.. Always struggling.. No oda player can perform this kinda skil xept nadal. And thats y his the king of clay. And probably the king of tennis for many years to come.. One more thing.. Hes grips.. We call that semi western grip in tennis. The way u shake a hand that the way u handle a semi western grip and it main function.. SPIN!!.. And hes got some iron like materials on his finger to enhance griping.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 08, 2012
Lovren: .. Never. Single handed back can never hit a ball on the shoulder.. Only djokovic tried to neutralise this unbelivable skil by jumping into the air that way he is able to reduce the height of the ball and hit a beta shot... Bt federer.. Always struggling.. No oda player can perform this kinda skil xept nadal. And thats y his the king of clay. And probably the king of tennis for many years to come.. One more thing.. Hes grips.. We call that semi western grip in tennis. The way u shake a hand that the way u handle a semi western grip and it main function.. SPIN!!.. And hes got some iron like materials on his finger to enhance griping.

Fernando Verdasco has almost the same grip as Nadal but he's not just good enough.. And I also think the killer instinct of Nadal is what separates him from everyone else when he's healthy... The only person with the same killer instinct as Nadal in sport is Kobe Bryant...

You sound like someone who plays tennis, do you play tennis?

I play tennis like 4days a week lol... If you're based in Nigeria - I'll like to know why Nigeria hasn't produced any average tennis player since Nduka Odizor? All the ones I've seen on youtube are scrubs - I've got friends that can wipe their arses on the floor in tennis lol..

And what do you think about Bernard Tomic's game? He plays like a young Federer, but he's still very young... I think the Aussies have got a bright future in Tomic.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by ortopazz(m): 11:58am On Jul 08, 2012
shymmex: Go Andy Murray! #TeamGB

They can't be hosting wimbledon every year with our tax money, yet no GB player has won it since Fred Perry.... Thank God the era of Tim Henman, the most overrated bum ever is over - it's Murray time... Go #TeamGB!!

Team Nadal, Tsonga, Del Potro, and Murray - Federer needs to retire, and get his wife to lose weight... grin

Federer isn't touching Pete Sampras' record...

Sampras is the idol, Murray is the man..

Leggo!!

its funny how we have nightmares in the daytime, Murray! O pls.
afam4eva:
And you think Murray is not overated? Murray must be dreaming if he thinks he can win any grandslam while the likes of Federe, Nadal and Djokovic are still alive in the game. Even satan stands more chance of making heaven that Murray winning a grandslam. I dey laugh oo.

na wa o!
L wK M D! EwtMY
MURRAY just make sure o! Becos nxt tournament semi_finals na those top3 boiz.
shymmex: Go Andy Murray! #TeamGB

They can't be hosting wimbledon every year with our tax money, yet no GB player has won it since Fred Perry.... Thank God the era of Tim Henman, the most overrated bum ever is over - it's Murray time... Go #TeamGB!!

Team Nadal, Tsonga, Del Potro, and Murray - Federer needs to retire, and get his wife to lose weight... grin

Federer isn't touching Pete Sampras' record...

Sampras is the idol, Murray is the man..

Leggo!!

its funny how we have nightmares in the daytime, Murray! O pls.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by ortopazz(m): 12:06pm On Jul 08, 2012
shymmex:

then again ur so spot on, I believe and know King Nadal will be the greatest player this game will ever know.
He needs to work seriously on his emotions too last year's U.S open final loss to djoker, he lost becos of this, wheras upon the fact that djoker got injured in the process, he stil defeated him, I was so pissed wiv him, he just cudnt get his acts 2geda and it was frustrating.
Djoker has a way of cooling down to play and he plays the game to the opponents frustration and picking unbelievable balls.

Nadal has got strength whch is an advantage buh his emotions spoil erything.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Egbagirl(f): 2:10pm On Jul 08, 2012
Aight! The match has started. Federer serving first.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by femzy(m): 2:15pm On Jul 08, 2012
Murray with the early break.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Egbagirl(f): 2:15pm On Jul 08, 2012
I don't think I can watch this match. My heart cant handle it mehn!
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by ortopazz(m): 2:15pm On Jul 08, 2012
pity cnt watch, buh egba hope u do well 4 us abi me o! Na ur gist me go take!
Comentaries
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by femzy(m): 2:16pm On Jul 08, 2012
Fed should break back if he doesn't serve strong
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by ortopazz(m): 2:17pm On Jul 08, 2012
Egba girl: I don't think I can watch this match. My heart cant handle it mehn!

y?

@femzy
Abeg wily n middy don show!
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by femzy(m): 2:18pm On Jul 08, 2012
2-0 first set
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Egbagirl(f): 2:22pm On Jul 08, 2012
What's Federer doing??!!! *sigh* make person no go get heart attack on top this match o. But it seems like he's serving better now. 2-1 with Murray leading the set.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by femzy(m): 2:23pm On Jul 08, 2012
ortopazz:

y?

@femzy
Abeg wily n middy don show!

1st service is gonna be key in this match as both players hit well
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by femzy(m): 2:25pm On Jul 08, 2012
Egba girl: What's Federer doing??!!! *sigh* make person no go get heart attack on top this match o. But it seems like he's serving better now. 2-1 with Murray leading the set.

Easy girl. Gini hits with experience
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by femzy(m): 2:27pm On Jul 08, 2012
Murray looking pressurized. I hope he handles it though
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Egbagirl(f): 2:28pm On Jul 08, 2012
femzy:

Easy girl. Gini hits with experience

true. I just hope he can recover fast. Dont want Murray having too much confidence. That could be very dangerous.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by femzy(m): 2:30pm On Jul 08, 2012
Egba girl:

true. I just hope he can recover fast. Dont want Murray having too much confidence. That could be very dangerous.

You wanna bet he will convert this Break point if Murray serves poorly?
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Egbagirl(f): 2:30pm On Jul 08, 2012
OK. 2-2 now. Lets go Fed!
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by femzy(m): 2:30pm On Jul 08, 2012
femzy:

You see I said it grin they ain't mate o
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Egbagirl(f): 2:30pm On Jul 08, 2012
femzy:

hhhahahaa well he did!
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 2:30pm On Jul 08, 2012
Federer should pls embarrass Murray in his British country.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by femzy(m): 2:33pm On Jul 08, 2012
Egba girl:

hhhahahaa well he did!

Can't you see he is controlling the rallies?
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by femzy(m): 2:34pm On Jul 08, 2012
afam4eva: Federer should pls embarrass Murray in his British country.

He should be satisfied with reaching the finals sef
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by femzy(m): 2:37pm On Jul 08, 2012
Game Federer grin
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Egbagirl(f): 2:38pm On Jul 08, 2012
Ayt ayt! we back in business!
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by femzy(m): 2:39pm On Jul 08, 2012
Be ready for another break
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by femzy(m): 2:43pm On Jul 08, 2012
femzy: Be ready for another break

Guess he heard me grin
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Lovren(m): 2:43pm On Jul 08, 2012
shymmex:

Fernando Verdasco has almost the same grip as Nadal but he's not just good enough.. And I also think the killer instinct of Nadal is what separates him from everyone else when he's healthy... The only person with the same killer instinct as Nadal in sport is Kobe Bryant...

You sound like someone who plays tennis, do you play tennis?

I play tennis like 4days a week lol... If you're based in Nigeria - I'll like to know why Nigeria hasn't produced any average tennis player since Nduka Odizor? All the ones I've seen on youtube are scrubs - I've got friends that can wipe their arses on the floor in tennis lol..

And what do you think about Bernard Tomic's game? He plays like a young Federer, but he's still very young... I think the Aussies have got a bright future in Tomic.
.. Yea. Verdasco has the same grip as nadal bt stil lack the experience and as u said the killer instinct... As for me. Am a kwara state tennis player.... And the reason why nigeria is not producing players of international standard is because theres no encouragement from the grassroots. Imagine players using there cash to transport themselves to training and ave got no tornament to show for it all year round... Its wierd isnt it... Anyway looking 4ward to EKO 2012 sha... As for tomic.. I think he as a bright future in the game bt has to get some matches under his belt to gain experience for the big occassion...
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Egbagirl(f): 2:43pm On Jul 08, 2012
femzy: Be ready for another break

Oga Femzy, e no work this time o. 3-3 now
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by femzy(m): 2:45pm On Jul 08, 2012
Roger should please do and retire ....he is just and abaya joorrr

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (34) (Reply)

Gugu Zulu Dies While Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro / Fake Passport: Judge remands Ronaldinho in Paraguayan jail / Ronaldo Scores Twice On Manchester United Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.