Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,096 members, 7,973,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 12:19 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses And Cash - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses And Cash (2438 Views)

Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And Cash by Benheart1(m): 4:00pm On Dec 28, 2007
@kattrina

I pray Jah strenghten u more so dat u can do his work, just keep prayin too

I'm also preparin my so as to be a full time pioneer soon so dat i can do more in d ministry
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And Cash by Benheart1(m): 4:02pm On Dec 28, 2007
@ all the JW's

How did u enjoy the convention "follow christ"?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And Cash by debomb: 1:45am On Dec 29, 2007
@ Kat

Thats impressive!

Ben heart

are you based in lagos? Nice to meet you all. we just had the special day convention just last week it was a blast!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And Cash by Nobody: 2:16am On Dec 29, 2007
I really enjoyed this summers convention. I found it interesting how, at least for us, the talk about the drama came first. In the past the drama is performed and then the director gives a talk about it, but this year the talk came first and then the drama. It was helpful though. It gave you a better idea about what was going on in the drama and what points we should take away from it. Did this switch happen at your conventions as well?

We recently had our special assembly day, it was so upbuilding!!!! We had a special speaker, Bro. Jaris, a member of the governing body. The whole island was gathered for the assembly. It was truly wonderful and faith strengthening!!!! There were such wonderful points brought out; I took so many notes that day. We have a circuit assembly coming up in Feb.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And Cash by Bobbyaf(m): 7:30pm On Dec 29, 2007
@ Biife

jesus\' ressurection was as a spirit not human [ consider paul\'s argument as regards
those who\'re raised to life in heaven; they shed corruption to inherit that which is
incorruptible]. so how come his disciples could see him afterall?

as a powerful spirit person he could materialize into human body.
but be that as it may, the most important thing is that he was raised by his
heavenly father.

what else?

Remember what the angels said to the disciples when Jesus was ascending to heaven?

Acts 1:9-11 "Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, 11 who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.”

Did Jesus ascend visibly and in bodily form? Yes according to scriptures, or how else would they have been able to gaze on Him for long while went up?

I can fully understand why its difficult in seeing anyone living in heaven in bodily form, and that is because we have taken the word "spiritual" or "spirit" out of context. The word spirit is used to make a contrast between sinful existence and a heavenly existence. Nothing more. So when it says God is a Spirit it means that God isn't subject to the conditions we are faced with. He cannot die nor can He be subject to sickness and death lke we are.

Paul in Philipians 3:20,21 has made it clear that Jesus has a glorious body and that He Jesus will fashion ours like unto His. I can't see anyone floating around as some dis-embodied spirits.

This is what is causing the confusion.

1 Corinthian 15:40-44 "There are also celestial bodies and terrestrial bodies; but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. 41 There is one glory of the sun, another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for one star differs from another star in glory.
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. 43 It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. 44 It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body."

Here the word spiritual is used to describe the redeemed who resurrect to eternal life. Its not used by Paul to dwell on the issue of whether our bodies will possess flesh or not. Its used to make a contrast between what our bodies will be like in heaven, as against what we are subject to now in this life, and that is death and decay, or curruption.

The fact is Jesus will still bear the crucifixion marks forever. His feet and wrists will still bear those marks as a reminder of what sin did to us and Him. In heaven the redeemed will be able to touch and handle Jesus. Listen as Paul describes it:

1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

An inexhaustible, pure river of water flows out of the throne of God, and the tree of life yields a different fruit crop each month. These fabulous fruits and their leaves provide the antidote of death and perpetuate eternal life. As soon as the redeemed are transported back to the earth inside God's holy city made by Himself, God's saints will raise their own food at their country homes (Isaiah 65:21). The diet of God's people will be what it was before sin entered the world--fruits, grains, and nuts (Genesis 1:29, 31). The taste will be indescribably delicious, and the nutritional value will be perfect.

This tree of life will will once again be restored as it was in the garden of Eden and all God's people with bodies will eat from such a tree. I am not sure that spirits have an appetite, do they? grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And Cash by ajadrage: 11:13pm On Dec 29, 2007
Bobbyaf:
am not sure that spirits have an appetite, do they? grin
No they do not have an appetite, they have a very healthy "spiritual appetite" grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And Cash by Bobbyaf(m): 6:08am On Dec 30, 2007
@ ajadrage

No they do not have an appetite, they have a very healthy "spiritual appetite"

Thats a good one! grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And Cash by Benheart1(m): 1:05pm On Dec 31, 2007
@ Bobbyaf

Wat's ur argument now?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And Cash by biife: 1:13pm On Dec 31, 2007
no argument!

she is only trying to make difference between physical body
and spiritual body.

but truth is: i didn\'t get her/his point!
can you be clearer?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And Cash by Bobbyaf(m): 7:54pm On Jan 01, 2008
@ Benheart

@ Bobbyaf

What's your argument now?

As it has always been! The redeemed will have real and living bodies. We will be able to eat from the tree of life that is as real as when it was first placed in the garden of Eden. In other words our bodies will be like those of Adam and Eve before they sinned.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And Cash by biife: 10:02am On Jan 03, 2008
ok. i heard you.

does that include jesus christ?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And Cash by Bobbyaf(m): 3:45pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ Biiffe

ok. i heard you.

does that include jesus christ?

Yes it does! Jesus became a man forever. However, His body has been glorified.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And Cash by debomb: 4:49pm On Jan 14, 2008
/?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And Cash by dafidixone(m): 4:59pm On Jan 14, 2008
In all honesty, I can see Jehovah Withness as one of the body that are committed to evangelism just as Jesus commanded. But there are some things I really would like to understand about their teachings:

1. Why would they avoid if you ask them for Praying together?
2. Why do they prefer literary translation of biblical text to the spiritual context?
3. What exactly in the person of Christ they really beleive?

Answering this questions here might make me see them beyound the position I place them now in the Christian religious sector.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And Cash by manD: 7:46pm On Jan 14, 2008
it does not bother me how they solicit for cash. the question should be, what do they do with it? we do know that their publication are thoroughly researched and informative.

what do we say of our own ministers here who sell handkerchief and rent out chairs at crusades.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses And Cash by Nobody: 2:53am On Jan 30, 2008
yes their publications are thoroughly researched and they use the cash to help people and make more publications so the word of God can be spread througout the Earth.

@Poster

why make such a nasty comment about people who voluntarily come to preach to you. If u are unwilling to listen all u gotta say is no. I hate it when people judge other people's religion and say nasty stuff when they know absolutely nothing about them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do You Think About This Bible Verse? / Tupac On Religion / PICTURES - T.B. Joshua's 2015 New Year Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.