Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,314 members, 7,881,145 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:22 PM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (980033 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:10am On Jun 18, 2013
Lil_Marshal: Can i pls ask an off topic question. Somebody recently did the MTN magic sim for me but told me that I wasn't allowed to Call and Text. Is it true I find it kinda weird that people who did it don't call and text. Pls is it True ??

Once again This thread is not about fbt or magic. Ask in the threads where its the topic.

There are lots if them next thing u see this will turn into advert ground for scammers
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by tomiwa20(m): 8:47am On Jun 18, 2013
4llerbuntu: Fair enough.

Did you try etisalat and glo on that phone?

Like I said. I was hoodwinked by one fool on nL to buy a 3G router that suppprts only 850 band 3G.

Etisalat gets 3G signal on that router. I always thought otherwise too.

Meanwhile if memory serves me right glo used to maintain 850 band too. I know because I used to own an america only samsung phone that only got glo signal back in the days.

AnywAys, its a moot point. The user ALREADY bought his phone before telling us. Its for him to confirm if this works or not
dat is d American version of desire hd u tried not d usa brand which as at&t tag,does American used have 2100band but at&t only lock it to dere network ,may b for sales reason.. u can get d American version but u will do a deep search.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 8:59am On Jun 18, 2013
tunamania: pls if you get the link to the pes 2013 apk and data files pls share would like to download them together,one more issue please, i run cyanogenmod and my battery seems to be draining too fast compared to when it was the stock firmware running ,noticed so many apps running in the background from settings,do i have to keeo stopping them manually all the time?if not,help in this regard, and lastly,i think my phone secretly uploads to the cloud how can disable please ,thanks
There is NO PES 2013 for android yet.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by feekman(m): 10:37am On Jun 18, 2013
Pls how much is (LG-P920 ANDRIOD OPTIMUS 3D) anybody that hav d ideal of d price?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 10:41am On Jun 18, 2013
feekman: Pls how much is (LG-P920 ANDRIOD OPTIMUS 3D) anybody that hav d ideal of d price?
Check SLOT or Affordable's website. Search using Google.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by primeson1(m): 1:15pm On Jun 18, 2013
Guys, abeg o
Pls my bros in d UK wants to sell his Samsung galaxy note 2. But he has no idea how much it can be sold here in naija. Anyone with the idea how much it costs now as in used one wit no scratches.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 2:27pm On Jun 18, 2013
4llerbuntu: ^^^^
Point is, we are not recommending. At least I'm not.

The man already bought the device. He simply came here to inform us after he did.

Like I said..... read above again on why I think etisalat might havr 3G on the device.

Anyways he already bought it. U won't suggest he throws it away? Its not a bad learner phone for someone who does not even know what APN is.

actually i was refering to this post:

fadinus:
Bros its not possible for the htc inspire 4G to recieve 3G/4G signals because its frequency band is not supported here in nigeria.

He should get a Desire hd instead.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ozaro(m): 3:42pm On Jun 18, 2013
Ikonz: Great thanks to 4llerbuntu, Leopantro & others...u guys run diz thread real good, actually I dont know how to lay my case down without being a nuisance...

last time i was here, i came to seek info on android device that will be good to have, now I got one, I hope is ok?

HTC Inspire 4G, Android V2.3.3, Memory 768mb, Camera 8mp, i dnt knw wat kernel means but the version is 2.6.35.10-gd2564fb. Its dark brown wit at&t written at the back.

am actually new to android, just learning it, bt it doesnt have file manager, i cant even send/receive tins via bluetooth with my Nokia 5800. Can I upgrade it to JB? How? Wat does rooting mean?

How do I even browse with it? My etisalat said it can't be configured over the air, dat i shld visit their centre. Where do I download Android apps - games, wallpapers, themes,

actually am begining to get low spirit buying the phone cos notin seems to move fine yet, & the battery doesnt last long, just 1350mah or so (can i buy a higher battery?

help me out plss nairalanders, I beg & pardon my ignorance

to configure go to "settings"....."wireless and networks"...."mobile networks"....."Access point names". since it hasn't been configured there will be nothing there. press the option button on your phone and select "new APN". set "Name" as Etisalat". set "APN" as "Etisalat" also.....press your option button again and save. After this you can select and start browsing.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by santa101: 3:50pm On Jun 18, 2013
i am having problems with my samsung note N7000 it kips going off and on and indicates (sorry process system is not responding.(force close - wait)..pls wat can be done.....engineeers
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ahonzi: 4:36pm On Jun 18, 2013
Hi fellas,I got a htc g2,doesn't show 2g,3g or 4g,just E-i guess dats for EDGE.I put my glo sim n tried using my bis,it just didn't work,on d browser it kept takin me back to hsi.glo.com n I also can't access gmail n all d oda stuff.any idea why its so?pls I need help
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by LordReed(m): 8:27pm On Jun 18, 2013
ahonzi: Hi fellas,I got a htc g2,doesn't show 2g,3g or 4g,just E-i guess dats for EDGE.I put my glo sim n tried using my bis,it just didn't work,on d browser it kept takin me back to hsi.glo.com n I also can't access gmail n all d oda stuff.any idea why its so?pls I need help

I don't think Glo allows you to use bis on phones other than BlackBerrys.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Donbabajayz(m): 8:30pm On Jun 18, 2013
seriously i m tired of my android fone.....jst got a new HTC cha cha last month..puttin it up 4 sale (23k) price is negotiable.....let me no if u r interested

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by primeson1(m): 9:13pm On Jun 18, 2013
primeson1: Guys, abeg o
Pls my bros in d UK wants to sell his Samsung galaxy note 2. But he has no idea how much it can be sold here in naija. Anyone with the idea how much it costs now as in used one wit no scratches.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 10:35pm On Jun 18, 2013
found something funny, you guys can try it out.

install wifi file explorer and Airdroid (v1 not v2) and access your files on a computer. In both you can access the root folder and system folder of your phone or tablet. However,with wifi file explorer you can't access your data folder of the phone but with Airdroid you can. Also, this is not constant i.e. doesnt work in all phones. I'm talking about non rooted phones.

In Gingerbread 2.3.3 (samsung)when you click on a text field and click on the cursor it changes. if you click on the new cursor you can access your clipboard and the history of all you have copied. However in Jellybean, that feature is lost. is there anyway to get that feature back?

have used cyanomod 10.1 and slimbean but they both crash when performing heavy task on the phone. is there anyway to keep them stable? if not would download the official jellybean ROM but i lose root priviledges

recently found the fun of Meme generator on the play store.if you don't know what it is check my posts from my history

Finally, angry after so many months, i have just gotten confirmation of the arrival of the other MK808 i ordered. (never depend on family members to deliver something for you). will pick it on friday.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 10:42pm On Jun 18, 2013
Is there an alternative to xmbc?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 10:55pm On Jun 18, 2013
KazeKage1: Is there an alternative to xmbc?

i have heard of Plex but haven't used it.you do know you can install Navi as a stand alone app.check this video out. the guy is using the same background i'm using

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lGTm8zGyKg&feature=player_detailpage
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ahonzi: 7:00am On Jun 19, 2013
Lord_Reed:

I don't think Glo allows you to use bis on phones other than BlackBerrys.

Thanks @Lord_Reed
Any ideas on how I can tell if my phone has 3g network or does is shows when am in an area with 3g network?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ife4luv21(m): 9:04am On Jun 19, 2013
pls guy i just download rehosoft ramexpander on my rooted android fone buh does nt know how 2 use it 2 increase my ram...pls any help....pardon my ignorance oooo...
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Koolmoney(m): 11:41am On Jun 19, 2013
please friends i want to get a new phnone and prefer an ANDROID phone.So plw at the rate of 30k,wat type do u recommend for me?i prefer samsung anyway and Nokia.thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 11:54am On Jun 19, 2013
Leopantro:

i have heard of Plex but haven't used it.you do know you can install Navi as a stand alone app.check this video out. the guy is using the same background i'm using

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lGTm8zGyKg&feature=player_detailpage
I think the Apex Launcher is by far the best out there or is among the top 3 in the market. Completely transforms your phone/tablet.

Plex is good but not 100% free..requires a premium account to get the best out of it.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by lynkyinka(m): 9:18pm On Jun 19, 2013
I WANNA upgrade my samsung galaxy tab GT-P1000 from froyo to either ICS/JELLYBEAN
any help pls
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 10:19pm On Jun 19, 2013
lynkyinka: I WANNA upgrade my samsung galaxy tab GT-P1000 from froyo to either ICS/JELLYBEAN
any help pls
How can your tab be Froyo? :s
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ozaro(m): 11:14pm On Jun 19, 2013
KazeKage1:
How can your tab be Froyo? :s
yup....its froyo. seen it before i was surprised too.
check here .... http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_p1000_galaxy_tab-3370.php
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by alphapete: 2:21am On Jun 20, 2013
For any android fans out there, me and a friend just finished build a Nigerian News app for android. Personally I'm a big fan of the app smiley but I would love to get your feedback and thoughts. It just launched in the Google Play store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pmlabs.news.android.nigeria

Let me know what you think!

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by herkeem: 7:36am On Jun 20, 2013
I download gangster rio with adownloader, the problem now is dat it has five rar file, what i want to ask is how do i install it.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:38am On Jun 20, 2013
lynkyinka: I WANNA upgrade my samsung galaxy tab GT-P1000 from froyo to either ICS/JELLYBEAN
any help pls

u can only get gingerbread officially.

the forum itself is practically dead so there r practically no new developments for roms.

u can check i remember there is one MIUI port, ICS that was working good.

go to xda.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ahonzi: 7:42am On Jun 20, 2013
Hello peeps,
I followed the directions for mtn's bbcweek on andriod and it didn't work. Wen I put on setdns this is what I see
Network: None(setdns not active)
DNS: 10.109.2.97, 10.199.212.120
Web Proxy: Proxy check disabled
Root status: none-wifi mode
And when I click on apply,I get this "setdns not active(none).what is it v done wrong. 3g shows only when I put on the wifi hotspot.
Pls I would appreciate some help.
Thank you[b]Hello peeps,
I followed the directions for mtn's bbcweek on andriod and it didn't work. Wen I put on setdns this is what I see
And when I click on apply,I get this "setdns not active(none).what is it v done wrong. 3g shows only when I put on the wifi hotspot.
Thank you[/b]Hello peeps,
Thank you
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 20, 2013
ahonzi: Hello peeps,
Thank you[b]Hello peeps,
Thank you[/b]Hello peeps,
Thank you

Let me step out of the side lines for while smiley.

Dude, all you need is to change your apn to blackberry.net, after that you should be fine.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 20, 2013
I click submit and I see three posts, all by me.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 20, 2013
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by m4cosmus1: 11:53am On Jun 20, 2013
How do I put pass word in all my applications on an android phone like on messages,Phone book, sd-card and on my gallery. Please help if you know

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.