Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,752 members, 7,905,787 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 06:24 PM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (984678 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 7:17pm On Jul 02, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Poorly spec-ed phone and tablet. Single core in this day and age? Even Tecno does better. This market no go sell o.

hmm a website domiciled in the uk that has the price of products in naira; na wa o

4llerbuntu: one of the hazards of this thread and perhaps NL is that you stand the risk of losing the ability to help yourself.

you run the risk of developing learned helplessness. at its advanced stages you require people to wipe the crack in your arse for you after you shyte.

people like leopantro are known vectors of this disease. they spread it recklessly.

Puskin, why is this? do we have to report this site to Ministry of Health and WHO for posing a health risk to thousands of users?

you know the most annoying one, sometimes a person will post a question about something that was answered one or 2 pages earlier; if only they bothered to search sigh

but bros leave leo alone o! unless you want to see 200 posts by the same annoying person repeating the same question over and over again
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 9:19pm On Jul 02, 2013
[quote author=blackweaver]

hmm a website domiciled in the uk that has the price of products in naira; na wa o

that's why I said Google it. a weak website , a facebook page and the only other online presence is on nairaland.

might as well dash someone free money
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by OAR: 12:05am On Jul 03, 2013
joeydozzy:

HTC one xl

Rooting HTC one X or using the sence 5 which would u go for?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 12:32am On Jul 03, 2013
BlackBaron: ^Lol

Anyone seen the Samsung Mega. undecided

not live though. just the ads and hands on.

the deviice i'm waiting for is the xperia Z Ultra. makes the mega appear small grin

think they crossed the line though

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by BlackBaron: 1:22am On Jul 03, 2013
ciphoenix:

the deviice i'm waiting for is the xperia Z Ultra. makes the mega appear small grin

I was wrong about the size of the Note II (own one) but the Mega mid range specs looks like an asteroid in your pocket.

Its like back to the early 1990's bulky cellphones.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by LordReed(m): 7:11am On Jul 03, 2013
ciphoenix:

hmmm maybe a little but the female model I saw holding it didn't make it seem to freakishly large and in places like Naija large phones maybe become another status symbol thingy.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nuel01(m): 8:24am On Jul 03, 2013
@leo n v3, my bosses, pls hw do i mk etisalat BIS unlimited or mtn unlimited work in my SGT2 P3100. Hw my gigabyte are both? Tanx.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 03, 2013
OAR:

Rooting HTC one X or using the sence 5 which would u go for?

For you to use sense 5 unofficially,you have to root and maybe s-off which means bootloader has to be unlocked

I don't think the sense 5 has been updated on one x. my phone has sense 5 because it's ported from HTC one which shares the same SOC
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 10:09am On Jul 03, 2013
Protip: If you must buy a Galaxy S4, do not buy the Octacore Exynos 5 version. Pure rubbish from Samsung. Go for the Qualcomm version instead. Better battery life, more XDA activity, compatibility with stock Android from the Google Experience version.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by LordReed(m): 11:51am On Jul 03, 2013
texazzpete: Protip: If you must buy a Galaxy S4, do not buy the Octacore Exynos 5 version. Pure rubbish from Samsung. Go for the Qualcomm version instead. Better battery life, more XDA activity, compatibility with stock Android from the Google Experience version.

For us this way not much of a choice unless you import.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 12:33pm On Jul 03, 2013
Lord_Reed:

hmmm maybe a little but the female model I saw holding it didn't make it seem to freakishly large and in places like Naija large phones maybe become another status symbol thingy.
I wonder how she did it though. The device is slim though, that should contribute to the comfortable feel
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 12:34pm On Jul 03, 2013
BlackBaron:
I was wrong about the size of the Note II (own one) but the Mega mid range specs looks like an asteroid in your pocket.

Its like back to the early 1990's bulky cellphones.
grin but slimmer wink
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by LordReed(m): 12:58pm On Jul 03, 2013
ciphoenix: I wonder how she did it though. The device is slim though, that should contribute to the comfortable feel

Maybe I was looking at her face more than the phone. LoL
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mrfoxx(m): 2:38pm On Jul 03, 2013
Hello Nairalanders pls i got a question
My ANDRIOD galaxy tablet 10.1 wont update to the new instagram it always says error
Its running on
Andriod version 3.1

Kernel version is 2.6.36.3

Please i seriously need help what should i do
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 4:32pm On Jul 03, 2013
Last week we reported on an alleged AnTuTu benchmark score of the brand new Sony Xperia Z Ultra running on the new Snapdragon 800 chipset with four Krait 400 cores wiping out the competition, including the upcoming (alleged) Galaxy S4 Advanced.

Today, a mystery Android 4.2.2 device running Intel’s next generation of mobile processors – Bay Trail – has surfaced, which blows those chart-topping numbers clean out of the water. The smartphone or tablet posted an unheard so far score score of over 43,000.

Not only that, but the unknown device codenamed byt_t_ffrd10 was clocked at just 1.1 GHz. With a maximum clock speed of 2.1 GHz, we don’t have to tell you the implications of what kind of performance a Bay Trail-powered device could bring running at maximum power. We’ll update our chart to illustrate the difference

http://blog.gsmarena.com/mysterious-device-running-intels-bay-trail-crushes-the-competition-in-antutu/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 4:35pm On Jul 03, 2013
Intel is going to revolutionise mobile computing I tell you grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by LordReed(m): 6:01pm On Jul 03, 2013
ciphoenix: Intel is going to revolutionise mobile computing I tell you grin

Long over due. R & D must have taken their sweet time.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Osayin(m): 6:56am On Jul 04, 2013
Please I need help rooting HTC Amaze 4G cry
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by v3: 7:54am On Jul 04, 2013
Osayin: Please I need help rooting HTC Amaze 4G cry
Go to xda's website, use the search-box to find answers to your question.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 04, 2013
Hello guys.

I own a Samsung s3 but I find it difficult open up movies which I have downloaded from the Internet. Whenever I enter the download section of the phone and press the movie, the file cannot be opened. Is it because the type of file is incompatible with the phone ?

Or do I need to change websites ?
grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 9:27am On Jul 04, 2013
adaobi123: Hello guys.

I own a Samsung s3 but I find it difficult open up movies which I have downloaded from the Internet. Whenever I enter the download section of the phone and press the movie, the file cannot be opened. Is it because the type of file is incompatible with the phone ?

grin

Am I allowed to answer this question?

adaobi ,welcome to the Android world.

my guess is the movies are in flv or avi format. android plays mpeg by default. install a media player like Mxplayer and use it to play the movie
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 04, 2013
Leopantro:

my guess is the movies are in flv or avi format. android plays mpeg by default. install a media player like Mxplayer and use it to play the movie

LOL. Why did you say that ?

Thanks for the welcome.

Okay. Thanks for the tip. I will try it now. smiley
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 04, 2013
@Leopantro It works fine. Thank you smiley
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by PRINZELG(m): 10:28am On Jul 04, 2013
Tank God u knw
aieromon:

The lawyer has spoken.

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by viruz007(m): 11:30am On Jul 04, 2013
Leopantro:

My S2 plays by default without any player. Must be a fault sha. Anyways u have recommended the right player for her.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by viruz007(m): 11:41am On Jul 04, 2013
For you music lovers go download the app, DownloadMP3Free. Searches and downloads music files free for ya. grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Hemmynem(m): 12:43pm On Jul 04, 2013
cracked opera 4 android please
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by edoyad(m): 2:32pm On Jul 04, 2013
adaobi123:

LOL. Why did you say that ?

Thanks for the welcome.

Okay. Thanks for the tip. I will try it now. smiley

He said that cos 4llerbuntu criticized him for wiping over grown A$$es, spoiling ya newbies. Androidians are supposed to be DIYers, not whiners grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by zelexotunla(m): 3:21pm On Jul 04, 2013
adaobi123: Hello guys.

grin
. Hellow pls how and where can i download films most especially seasonal films,ghana film etc? Thanks in anticipation
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 04, 2013
edoyad:

He said that cos 4llerbuntu criticized him for wiping over grown A$$es, spoiling ya newbies. Androidians are supposed to be DIYers, not whiners grin grin grin grin grin

Oh I see. I was just to lazy and I was in a rush to watch a show. No time for researching. tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.