Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,757 members, 7,875,900 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:11 AM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (979009 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by malikalhaj: 1:57pm On Jul 13, 2013
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Danniey: 2:20pm On Jul 13, 2013
Tim d gurl: Hi evry1, i v gt issues wit sending files from a laptop to ma new be-social2 Android fone. It doesnt give any notificatn, instead d fone strts charging automatically upon insertion of d USB to d laptop USB jack. Tis frustratin. I need help urgently. Fnks in anticipatn.

Have u tried using anoda cable?
If the results are the same, navigate to the settings and find your way...
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by landerdot: 5:00pm On Jul 13, 2013
how can i change back to stock rom frm cm9 on lg e400
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ozaro(m): 7:19pm On Jul 13, 2013
landerdot: how can i change back to stock rom frm cm9 on lg e400
http://mobilecon.info/flashing-lg-optimus-l3-stock-firmware.html

official firmware list. http://www.hackmyandroid.com/lg-optimus-l3-official-firmwares-list
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Timdgurl(f): 12:40am On Jul 14, 2013
4llerbuntu: no not really. problem being that I have no idea what that phones interface looks like.

I am not conversant with phones of that nature having never used them.

but if you need help the proper way to go about it is to give details of the phone and probably if the phone had a website or page where on can find information about it.

you should post

1 name of phone

2 model number

3 operating system version.

4 clear outline of what the issue is

5 other relevant info like if u have been messing with it. if its rooted. if it has defects etc.

normally it should simply be a case of installing the phones drivers on the windows pc.

but I don't know the phone or even if it has such things.

secondly most droids I ever used have a notification when u plug it in. usually u can then tap on it to choose the mode of connection to the computer.does your phone have that?

perhaps I need to really ask, pardon me. are u sure its really a droid and not a clone with fancy icons?
Kk, fnks. It's actually an Android phone- 4.0 by Emitac Mobile Solutns (EMS). Tis a nju fone 2. N d fact dt most of ma fwends tel me d phone's complicated frustrates me d more. It has kul features lyk an Analogue TV, 3G, WIFI, WIFI hotspot, 4GB ROM + 512 MB RAM etc buh i under-utilize it. D usr's guide leaves me mor clueless. Perhaps i shud post d guide details on USB connectn.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 8:41am On Jul 14, 2013
Samsung needs to make their phones a little tougher man. angry angry
You're transferring files from PC to an s3, it goes off and refuses to come on again. First, the S2, now the S3. kilo-f0rking-de?!!! angry angry angry angry

Tried to power + vol up/down button but no luck.

Any ideas?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:57am On Jul 14, 2013
Tim d gurl: Kk, fnks. It's actually an Android phone- 4.0 by Emitac Mobile Solutns (EMS). Tis a nju fone 2. N d fact dt most of ma fwends tel me d phone's complicated frustrates me d more. It has kul features lyk an Analogue TV, 3G, WIFI, WIFI hotspot, 4GB ROM + 512 MB RAM etc buh i under-utilize it. D usr's guide leaves me mor clueless. Perhaps i shud post d guide details on USB connectn.

hey you know what, despite what you might ordinarily assume, most of the old members here are not young.

please post in straight English and not text speak. this is not Twitter. I cannot understand half of what you posted. I could assume but that could be harmful.

what does your phone's interface look like? is it colourful or its simple black background like a nexus or cyanogenmod phone.

google those if you dont know what I mean by nexus or cyanogenmod

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:10am On Jul 14, 2013
KazeKage1: Samsung needs to make their phones a little tougher man. angry angry
You're transferring files from PC to an s3, it goes off and refuses to come on again. First, the S2, now the S3. kilo-f0rking-de?!!! angry angry angry angry

Any ideas?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:12am On Jul 14, 2013
KazeKage1: Samsung needs to make their phones a little tougher man. angry angry

Any ideas?

naah now im convinced its something you do.

the S3 does not have a brick bug.

im guessing its the same laptop? or usb that bricked the s2?

and usually flash memory bricks dont stop the phone from lighting up so.....

were u in mtp mode or u switched to mass storage?

u should *only* get this in the middle of flashing when the EEPROM is unlocked and writing to NAND.

that said, eliminate the obvious first. battery, another charger, another pc.

and if u have a native Linux install, not VM, plug it in and do a lsusb.

I can only wonder at this point what it is u actually do to this phones. how do u root? with applications? there is something u do that applied to both phones
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 9:18am On Jul 14, 2013
Seems my phone doesn't have a mass storage mode undecided. Everything is done in MTP mode
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:24am On Jul 14, 2013
Yeah samsung switched to MTP mode because of issues like this. Writes on mtp mode is buffered and u dont lose functionality on device even when its plugged in.

Its also the excuse oems give for not supporting sd cards anymore

But lots of devices still have the option to force mass storage mode. Its buried in the settings Under wireless settings/more/usb utilities.

@kazekage if you bought that phone officially and it's still under warranty I suggest you return it for replacement

2 Likes

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 11:22am On Jul 14, 2013
Well i like MTP mode, i think MS started it, removes the inconveniece of having to switch to mass storage to access your device, especially on linux. Nokias have had it for a while; even the ~30k acer tablet (wifi only) that i bought recently has it
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 12:18pm On Jul 14, 2013
Going through the first android thread and this comment from 2010 caught my attention grin
I'm not sure if Android would be able to stand the test of time and attract consumers like Iphone and Blackberry is doing but,they are surely pushing the boundaries now.

You have to leave the other manufacturers like samsung and motorola out of this now,they can't compete. Do you know how many versions of HTC phones released in the last 3months to create a mild awareness they are enjoying now?

Who could've thought

andriod right now isnt gonna be able to catch up to any of its competitor right now. not even in the next 3years!!!
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by goldentechsforu: 12:56pm On Jul 14, 2013
Nice topic.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Mueeze(m): 1:48pm On Jul 14, 2013
malikalhaj:

Note 2

http://p2.grab8.com/2/files/N7100XXDMB5_N7100OJVDMB1_ECT.zip

S2

http://p2.grab8.com/2/files/Samsung-Updates.com-GT-I9100-ECT-I9100XWLSD-1359610229.zip

The link will be dead by 1 pm tomorrow. . . .

Thank you very much.
I was able to download for the s2, but unfortunately, couldn't complete that of the note 2.
If i am not asking for too much, could you please transload it for me again?.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by SIRcumalot: 2:36pm On Jul 14, 2013
4llerbuntu: Yeah samsung switched to MTP mode because of issues like this. Writes on mtp mode is buffered and u dont lose functionality on device even when its plugged in.

Its also the excuse oems give for not supporting sd cards anymore

But lots of devices still have the option to force mass storage mode. Its buried in the settings Under wireless settings/more/usb utilities.

@kazekage if you bought that phone officially and it's still under warranty I suggest you return it for replacement
who knew, I bin dey think say my fone usb port don spoil.thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by BlackBaron: 3:28pm On Jul 14, 2013
For anyone after a Premium offline navigation map, there is now an option of getting one for free via City Maps 2Go on the Playstore.

To get the full version, first download the free version, open app - once you open the app, you will get this message : 'You don't have any maps yet' - click ok & then back button, then menu - settings - Redeem - enter code : 'TVMedia'. If it don't work, try the code in small caps.

A few states available; Lagos, Abuja, Rivers and Imo state.

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Timdgurl(f): 4:43pm On Jul 14, 2013
4llerbuntu:

hey you know what, despite what you might ordinarily assume, most of the old members here are not young.

please post in straight English and not text speak. this is not Twitter. I cannot understand half of what you posted. I could assume but that could be harmful.

what does your phone's interface look like? is it colourful or its simple black background like a nexus or cyanogenmod phone.

google those if you dont know what I mean by nexus or cyanogenmod
Noted, Mr 4llerbuntu. The interface is colourful.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by solarenergy: 6:19pm On Jul 14, 2013
Tim d gurl: Noted, Mr 4llerbuntu. The interface is colourful.
Hi pls, how much did u buy the phone? And where can it be bought?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:28pm On Jul 14, 2013
Tim d gurl: Noted, Mr 4llerbuntu. The interface is colourful.

can u then install a screenshot app and take shots of the settings page and post here.

choose the lowest size tho. this site has a 200kb limit
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ahmedgafar7(m): 7:45pm On Jul 14, 2013
Hemmynem:
everybody wants 2 use a smartphone
4gettin dat smartphones r 4 smart pple
4 ur mind u smart abi
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 9:59pm On Jul 14, 2013
So I've decided to install my first custom rom on this phone after 8 months.

Indecision here:
Anyone with experience with Note2 ROMS I need an opinion between
Omega ROM
Paranoid android
Android revolution HD
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Mueeze(m): 10:54pm On Jul 14, 2013
ciphoenix: So I've decided to install my first custom rom on this phone after 8 months.

Indecision here:
Omega ROM
Paranoid android
Android revolution HD

I just installed android revolution HD.
It's not a bad rom.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by viroblaze: 11:09pm On Jul 14, 2013
ciphoenix: So I've decided to install my first custom rom on this phone after 8 months.

Indecision here:
Omega ROM
Paranoid android
Android revolution HD

Wetin u dey do since
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 11:32pm On Jul 14, 2013
viroblaze:

Wetin u dey do since
been getting by with the stock rom. cheesy haven't really had time to do anything serious on the phone.

Figured I'd start now that ubuntu touch is months away smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.