Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,213 members, 7,887,574 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:49 AM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (981278 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 16, 2013
KazeKage1:
I'll lookout for videos on youtube and diagrams on Google. Hopefully, i don't shat myself doing is o.
Can you upload a picture of yours?

lol, you won't, it's kinda easy.

1. get 300k resistor, three 100k resistors will do if connect in series.

2.you have to connect this resistors between pin 5(ground) and pin 4(ID), for standard usb cables only four out of d five pins has a connection, pin 4(ID) is free, so you now know pin 4.

3. So get a usb cable, carefully strip the outer sheat. You will see four wires of different colours inside. The black wire is your pin 5(ground).

4. Now you have to connect or solder your resistor between black wire and the free pin(pin 4). You may want to cut the remaining wires as they are not useful.

5. Once you are done connect to ya phone, it should boot into download mode.

I don loss the one way I do.

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 3:46pm On Jul 16, 2013
Will this work for hard bricks?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:02pm On Jul 16, 2013
yes.that's what it's for.

it's the same mod with the usb otg mod. only this has the resistors joined.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 4:08pm On Jul 16, 2013
Interesting. Hard brick phobia just went out the window grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by realteflon(m): 4:29pm On Jul 16, 2013
I need help please. Abuse airtel sim on my android.how do I load the unlimited service. I tried the BCM to 440 it didn't work. Someone please help. I currently have 1400 naira in my android fone
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 6:18pm On Jul 16, 2013
4llerbuntu: yes.that's what it's for.

it's the same mod with the usb otg mod. only this has the resistors joined.

I'll just have to summon courage and do this thing. The one problem i might have might be the resistors..where do i get them?
I'll keep y'all posted.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by zelexotunla(m): 6:56pm On Jul 16, 2013
Leopantro:

how then do you see the 40+ apps? do you mean that at home screen, if you press the option button nothing comes out? can you get to the play store?
. Yes bros u get it right. I can get to play store but couldnt be able to download, update and install at all tellin me dat insufficient storage available and some other grammar. Sorry for responding late i have to borrow browser phone.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 6:59pm On Jul 16, 2013
zelexotunla: . Yes bros u get it right. I can get to play store but couldnt be able to download, update and install at all tellin me dat insufficient storage available and some other grammar. Sorry for responding late i have to borrow browser phone.

I'm interested in that grammer. state what it says
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ahmedgafar7(m): 7:20pm On Jul 16, 2013
My phone didn't come with play store officially... So I installed the the apk it worked.... But now it's no more working its saying that play store stopped. Unexpectedly.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by zelexotunla(m): 9:44pm On Jul 16, 2013
Leopantro:

. Insufficient storage available,storage space running,application is invalid etc
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by zelexotunla(m): 9:47pm On Jul 16, 2013
Leopantro:

. Insufficient storage available,storage space running,package file is invalid etc
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 11:55pm On Jul 16, 2013
zelexotunla: . Insufficient storage available,storage space running,package file is invalid etc

had a similar episode with my phone but a factory reset stopped the error. its the " package file is invalid" error that is different.

try the options on this site
gizmostorm.com/how-to-fix-package-file-is-invalid-error-on-google-play-store/

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:06pm On Jul 17, 2013
KazeKage1:
I'll just have to summon courage and do this thing. The one problem i might have might be the resistors..where do i get them?
I'll keep y'all posted.

look for d nearest run down electronic repairman and ask for.it.

or.if.u can lay ur hands on any.old tv or radio. they are on d board. no biggie
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by zelexotunla(m): 7:39pm On Jul 17, 2013
Hi rums, thanks o o! I've rectified d problem by uninstall d Go launcher app. It has shown all the apps again but d issues of downloading and installing are still there to solve. Beside d network palava don enta again its not connecting again. Pls me more o
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 8:12pm On Jul 17, 2013
Update: Skinned the USB cable to this point. The resistors are proving difficult to find right now but am still looking.

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 8:27pm On Jul 17, 2013
KazeKage1: Update: Skinned the USB cable to this point. The resistors are proving difficult to find right now but am still looking.

I don't see why the resistors should be difficult. look for any television repairer shop and ask or beg a circuit board. or buy a transistor radio and smash it open.make sure its a radio with tunning noobs.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 8:33pm On Jul 17, 2013
zelexotunla: Hi rums, thanks o o! I've rectified d problem by uninstall d Go launcher app. It has shown all the apps again but d issues of downloading and installing are still there to solve. Beside d network palava don enta again its not connecting again. Pls me more o

good to know though you never told us you had another launcher. now we know what to do
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 18, 2013
KazeKage1: Update: Skinned the USB cable to this point. The resistors are proving difficult to find right now but am still looking.

Why nah, ask them tv/dvd electricians where they buy there components, and make sure its 300k(300000) resistor or equivalent. If you going the dismantling/scavenging route make sure you know resistor color code so you get the right size.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by abrahym(m): 8:52am On Jul 18, 2013
please someone should help me with my samsung galaxy s2 issues. Each time i switch the phone off,it restart itself.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 18, 2013
abrahym: please someone should help me with my samsung galaxy s2 issues. Each time i switch the phone off,it restart itself.

Na switch off you press or Na reboot?

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by abrahym(m): 9:03am On Jul 18, 2013
na switch off i press o
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by opestein: 9:19am On Jul 18, 2013
abrahym: na switch off i press o
it happens..it will stop when it wants to
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by abrahym(m): 9:23am On Jul 18, 2013
i even further to reset my phone, now i have lost all files...still having same issue
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Mueeze(m): 5:22pm On Jul 18, 2013
Abeg, which Internet plan dey do am now? Since MTN has done it again.

I don't know what can happen to me without Internet.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 18, 2013
ciphoenix et al, are you back on droidvpn or is your BlackBerry.net still connecting?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by malikalhaj: 10:11pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mueeze: Abeg, which Internet plan dey do am now? Since MTN has done it again.

I don't know what can happen to me without Internet.
Is MTN the only network?? Can't u pay for Airtel? Better still go back to what u were using b4 the arrival of MTN bis on android
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by newman10(m): 8:16am On Jul 19, 2013
Droidvpn is the best option now.

joeydozzy: ciphoenix et al, are you back on droidvpn or is your BlackBerry.net still connecting?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:33am On Jul 19, 2013
2 months to go. The gates of hell shall not prevail

But mtn are really funny sha. So they intend to spite all bb10 users just to stop droid users. This move is likely to backfire o

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by wolfenstein(m): 8:39am On Jul 19, 2013
4llerbuntu: 2 months to go. The gates of hell shall not prevail

But mtn are really funny sha. So they intend to spite all bb10 users just to stop droid users. This move is likely to backfire o
bro how did u port that os on ur phone,am using a motorola RAZR maxx
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 19, 2013
joeydozzy: ciphoenix et al, are you back on droidvpn or is your BlackBerry.net still connecting?

I was able to connect for short periods of time, like 20 to 30min at a go. The set up was pretty complex though. Used airdroid, app for transfering files via wifi, when ever I was able to connect my lappi to the airdroid tether, I will automatically be able to browse as well. Does this make any sense? By the way I used the daily #120 subscription.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 19, 2013
phoinix:

I was able to connect for short periods of time, like 20 to 30min at a go. The set up was pretty complex though. Used airdroid, app for transfering files via wifi, when ever I was able to connect my lappi to the airdroid tether, I will automatically be able to browse as well. Does this make any sense? By the way I used the daily #120 subscription.

yeah it kinda makes sense. Someone said sth about Wi-Fi tether in a thread. I never paid attention to it
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 19, 2013
chai, 4ller get mind oooo shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.