Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,283 members, 7,974,275 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 07:39 PM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (996839 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by DahtDopeBoi(m): 11:07pm On Aug 13, 2013
Guys help me out by givin me infos on how to root my xperia arc s.... thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by majalisa(m): 11:11pm On Aug 13, 2013
Leopantro:

that's an example of what it can do but that's not all it can do. I'm using the 7 day trial version and I have set up the following task

1. with a touch of a button I activate my mobile data, turn of autosync, start UC browser (because it has flash player inbuilt) , start opera mini (faster browsing), put on silent mode, activate vibration ringer and set my display timeout to 5 mins

2. if my wifi , bluetooth and mobile data is on, putting the phone in sleep mode by pressing the power button once turns everything off and locks the screen. Alternatively, putting the phone into my pocket also activates this feature

3. opening any browser on my phone turns on the mobile data automatically

4. if I hold my phone in a certain position it turns on a camera app and takes a picture without making a sound or getting out of sleep mode

these are a few profiles I have setup. still trying to learn other capabilities. the app is not easy to understand and you need to read plenty of online tutorials to have an idea what to do butvit makes your smartphone even smarter.
my next task I want to do is set it so that at 6am everyday it would activate my mobile data for one minute, sync twitter, sync WhatsApp, sync my emails, open opera mini to nairaland, tell me what the weather would be like and log off. saw a tutorial for that on XDA. you can even activate voice so it speaks to you.

I know I have seen this app on someone's screenshot here a while back, can't remember who
olboy u Don oppress me! Where u get dat oppressor nah. Unfortunately nah trial but me no mind make I feel am for one week and if is addictive I fit buy am
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by majalisa(m): 11:19pm On Aug 13, 2013
Daht_DopeBoi: Guys help me out by givin me infos on how to root my xperia arc s.... thanks
a bold move I am yet to balls up and undertake. Maybe after my warranty is expired. Good luck
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by moshoodn(m): 4:45am On Aug 14, 2013
Hello guys,

Is there anyway I can get to print documents or web pages directly from my droid?

Thank you.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Kaycee7(m): 5:30am On Aug 14, 2013
Is it possible to use MTN BIS on android?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 5:41am On Aug 14, 2013
moshoodn: Hello guys,

Is there anyway I can get to print documents or web pages directly from my droid?

Thank you.

dolphin browser, install plugin Web to pdf then use Smart office, Officesuite or Print Magic to print via wifi
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by edoyad(m): 8:15am On Aug 14, 2013
See me see wahala o. After porting my number from MTN to Glo, cos MTN didn't have 3g in my town, MTN finally launches 3g sad sad
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 8:31am On Aug 14, 2013
edoyad: See me see wahala o. After porting my number from MTN to Glo, cos MTN didn't have 3g in my town, MTN finally launches 3g sad sad

guy, how far? im still in ibadan but will be leaving soon
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by moshoodn(m): 9:12am On Aug 14, 2013
Leopantro:

dolphin browser, install plugin Web to pdf then use Smart office, Officesuite or Print Magic to print via wifi

Thanks for the response.

But what if I'm in a place where I can't access a printer having WiFi?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 9:16am On Aug 14, 2013
moshoodn:

Thanks for the response.

I once used printbot to print over a shared printer, of course you have to be connected to the same network as pc. I can't remember how i got it done though; it took me a while
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Kaycee7(m): 10:18am On Aug 14, 2013
Just downloaded droid VPN. Can sum1 give me directions on how to use it 4 BIS? Please?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by majalisa(m): 1:02pm On Aug 14, 2013
Kaycee7: Just downloaded droid VPN. Can sum1 give me directions on how to use it 4 BIS? Please?
check previous pages on this thread..u cant miss it
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Kaycee7(m): 2:04pm On Aug 14, 2013
majalisa: check previous pages on this thread..u cant miss it
Are you kidding me? That's a 169 pages. Fine at least narrow it down a bit. Thanks though.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:19pm On Aug 14, 2013
bros above, there are two input boxes on top and below on EACH page of Nairaland.

they are actually custom google search boxes designed to search nairaland.

so WE ARE REALLY KIDDING YOU WHEN WE SAY USE THE FOOKIN SEARCH FUNCTION FOR YOUR QUESTIONS

jeez
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:24pm On Aug 14, 2013
moshoodn:

Thanks for the response.

u need google cloud print, an internet connected printer, fixed ip address.

if u dont know how to piece that together look for an app in the playstore that enables u print online.

if its all over your head ask google... im very sure there are countless how tos
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by thammy09: 3:09pm On Aug 14, 2013
plzzzz somebody help me on how to root mah samsung gts5570
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Kaycee7(m): 3:24pm On Aug 14, 2013
4llerbuntu: bros above, there are two input boxes on top and below on EACH page of Nairaland.

they are actually custom google search boxes designed to search nairaland.

so WE ARE REALLY KIDDING YOU WHEN WE SAY USE THE FOOKIN SEARCH FUNCTION FOR YOUR QUESTIONS

jeez
Kid. Mind how you talk to your elders.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Dynamiceagle(f): 4:23pm On Aug 14, 2013
hey, my itel inote mini has high sensitivity and its sometimes annoying. pls how can i reduce it?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by viroblaze: 4:38pm On Aug 14, 2013
Kaycee7: Kid. Mind how you talk to your elders.

Dude, if u keep up with this you'll never learn... And I'll join the chorus, use the search engines..
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 5:33pm On Aug 14, 2013

intelligence is not the same thing as common sense. common sense would have told you to type your question in the search box at the top right of your browser or opened Google.com. intelligence would be the experience obtained from reading many free tutorials online then trying it out yourself. that would make you an elder. you sir, and I use the word loosely, are not an elder
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by majalisa(m): 5:40pm On Aug 14, 2013
Kaycee7: Are you kidding me? That's a 169 pages. Fine at least narrow it down a bit. Thanks though.
4llerbuntu showed u how is done..bsides if u can skim thru the 169 pages it would help u gt à hang of ur droid
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 14, 2013

Nothing like kid and elder over here o, just saying.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by majalisa(m): 5:47pm On Aug 14, 2013
i thot u r here to give and take..fact is the person u addressed as a kid is an expert in what u dont know..be a good boy and apologise to ur father in droid
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 14, 2013
Dynamiceagle: hey, my itel inote mini has high sensitivity and its sometimes annoying. pls how can i reduce it?

lets assume it's android and it has a similar layout to my device, now follow directions;

settings> language and input> mouse/trackpad then u should be looking at "pointer speed", tap on it to tweak sensitivity to ur liking.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 5:50pm On Aug 14, 2013
Leopantro:

Firefox does that without addons tongue
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 5:50pm On Aug 14, 2013
moshoodn:

Thanks for the response.

I believe Google docs can take care of it.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:13pm On Aug 14, 2013
ciphoenix:

I believe Google docs can take care of it.

guy where have u been? was gonna file a missing persons report at the NSA.....
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 14, 2013
it's obvious that you're the kid here, while he is the elder cry
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Kaycee7(m): 9:25pm On Aug 14, 2013
Dude's good. Got loyal fans. I called him a kid cuz he can't help out without dropping an insult as well. He's good, I'll give him dat but he's childish. He should be more civil in his approach.
Now dat search engine you peeps are talking about is even more stressful than reading all da pages. It's not topic specific. ie If I type "droidvpn" not only will I get every irrelevant post on the term but I'll also miss probably enlightening posts where some1 spelt it "droid VPN"or the more popular "driodvpn". Getting my point any1?
Also I got a lot to do lately so I'll really appreciate a helpful answer more than the ranting of an immature adult.
P.S Forgive me if my apparent ignorance annoys you.

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 10:48pm On Aug 14, 2013
4llerbuntu:

guy where have u been? was gonna file a missing persons report at the NSA.....
grin grin Battling with MTN. They locked my line from receiving gprs network. CC told me to do welcome back, same thing angry. Not until I called my sist did they send a text that it'll be resolved by 11:58.

Yeye people

The ubuntu edge is gradually slipping away cry
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by edoyad(m): 11:22pm On Aug 14, 2013
Leopantro:

guy, how far? im still in ibadan but will be leaving soon

@ Leo no vex abeg. I've been so busy I hardly have time for myself. Just dispose cos at the moment I just can't think of a way to do this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.